Sign in to follow this  
lla2211

Will F13 have invasive DRM?

Don't have an answer for you at this time for the full release. 

Alright, thanks for the fast answer.

Guess I will be cancelling my preorder then until I can get a definitive answer.

you guys need to think and look hard for a good DRM or risk having your work stolen as its all too easy now days. just look how easy it was for people to poke around in the virtual cabin and find jasons room before it was released.

Guess I will be cancelling my preorder then until I can get a definitive answer.

And then, there was that awkward moment when nobody cared. 

Anyhoo, the game launches early next year; you shouldn't have to wait too terribly long for your definitive answer.  Presumably, they'll have to start locking things in stone pretty soon to keep the schedule.

• Like 3

I would 100% go with Denuvo.

I don't find it very invasive at all. The only annoying thing about it is the limited activation. What really disturbs me about Denuvo also is if I change out my GPU - it says I reached max activations. If denuvo rids that dumb requirement, would be a good way to go.

It will be really contradictory if they go for DENUVO, because they saying every time here and there how limited founds they have, then going and buy DENUVO protection?

If they go with Denuvo, you can be sure CPY will take care of them, so if i was you, will think 2 times before waste money on a DRM instead invest it on the game/servers. If the game is good, the ppl buy buy it, best ex. The Witcher 3 (didn't use any kind of DRM and sell like hot cakes).

Also lot of gamers are against invasive DRM's like DENUVO, and don't buy a game if it come with it.

And another fact is the lack of Demos or Open Beta (in this case) to let ppl see how the game run on their PC's. So ppl go and download the Pirated version to test it, and if everything run smooth and like the game, then, they will buy it.

• Like 1