wes

Confirmed Counselors and Jasons for BETA (w/stats)

Right that's why it's not a big deal!

Then there's no problem with it. If all Jason's have the same abilities: Shift, Morph, Sense, and Rage (I'm assuming there are no different ones to change out), then you'll be able to remember it.

Luck increases weapon durability and gives minor increases to many other stats.

That chance perhaps to get in an extra fortunate whack or two with a weapon to knock Jason over or little things like passing a skill check you might've failed.

Jenny's got a lucky angel on her shoulder, all right!

It's funny; the counselors were designed as archetypes, like thumbnail sketches of people - the Bookish Girl, the Girl Next Door - and yet we're really starting to get the connection simply thanks to design and stats and names.

It's Deborah, not the Bookish Girl. It's Jenny, not the Girl Next Door.

And it's CHAD MOTHERF'ING KENSINGTON!

they said Breaking free from jason is strength and composure, luck isnt related? id concider myself lucky if jason grabbed me and i was able to break free

• Like 1

Then there's no problem with it. If all Jason's have the same abilities: Shift, Morph, Sense, and Rage (I'm assuming there are no different ones to change out), then you'll be able to remember it.

But that's my main problem "remembering it" what if I didn't know it? Or someone entirely new to the game! Anyways I'm done with this convo I'm looking like a troll noob now lol I'm Reggie from Slasher Backer don't mess with the REG!

they said Breaking free from jason is strength and composure, luck isnt related? id concider myself lucky if jason grabbed me and i was able to break free

I believe luck is only related to how long a weapon lasts before it breaks

But the 'minor increases to other stats' may help a little.

Although, in Jenny's case, she already has fantastic Composure to go with her Luck, so despite her not being strong I'd think it'd give her a better-than-usual chance of breaking free from Jason.

From those stats we know so far...it'd look like Tiffany and Deborah would have the least chances. Not impossible, just harder due to their low Composure, Luck and Strength. It'll be up to the player to use their better abilities to stop them getting grabbed in the first place!

vanessa become op, everyone pick her and the game have 5 vanessas and 2 jenny, for example. nerf vanessa or make stamina above 6 for the others

At the moment Vanessa is seeming pretty strong. Adjustments may and can be made, after all.

Or it may be a situation like Overwatch, where a new character comes along and wrecks havoc and then everyone learns how to play against them correctly while others get boosted.

I've been seeing more appreciation for A.J. lately, due to her stealth talents, and Bookish is fantastic at getting the car sorted out.

I think the Vanessa problem stems from everyone used to the old "run and gun" technique, as opposed to the "Hitman" stealth style of play. The three things I've noticed that were a little off were:

1. The gun can't shoot through things very well, and inaccurate

2. The fences should be climbable for counselors, and breakable for Jason.

3. The melee tweaked a little smoother.

But this is Beta after all, and I think we're all gonna rejoice at final, the game already is like an interactive movie!

• Like 1

vanessa become op, everyone pick her and the game have 5 vanessas and 2 jenny, for example. nerf vanessa or make stamina above 6 for the others

IMO We need classes, stats system make people to choose only one OP character.

I think maybe down the line if the Jason X thing happens then that Android (KM-14) should be a playable counselor with Strength at 10/10 and then we can just be happy again...until we try to murder each other....again...

In the words of Tommy in part 6 "God i hope not!"

LMFAO!!! "Who needs a little 'sex bot'?" Sorry, just had to. ;)

4 more spots on virtual cabin, do you people think it's tommy or a secret counselor?

I think it's Tommy. But I'll be glad to be wrong.

• Like 1

I hope you're wrong! i wanna have the chance to see my blondie mean girl, or a stoner. But well, in case that isn't Tommy the 11st character (what i hope) the new counselor will be probably a girl, i mean, there are 6 men and 5 women, so... FUCKING BLONDIE FUCKING MEAN GIRL CHARACTER! i'm done.

am i the only one that thinks jason part 7 has pretty bad stats compared to the other jasons he cant run and cant shift as much... i feel he should have plus shift and the minus shift should be -morph because shift is a nice way to support a jason that cant run where as morph is more used if they get EXTREMLY far away or for cutting off cross map

am i the only one that thinks jason part 7 has pretty bad stats compared to the other jasons he cant run and cant shift as much... i feel he should have plus shift and the minus shift should be -morph because shift is a nice way to support a jason that cant run where as morph is more used if they get EXTREMLY far away or for cutting off cross map

He'll be strong in the water based maps because of his water speed stat....?

He'll be strong in the water based maps because of his water speed stat....?

i still feel like he isnt as good in most situations even with maps with tons of water most people will see which jason and either avoid water entirley or avoid it when youre nearby even vs the other jasons which have less water speed i never see anyone go in water when hes nearby except in very rare situations 

i dont hate his stats in fact i think other than the less shift he is pretty ok but the less shift (the one ability that really would have made him able to catch campers without that sprint) makes it so he basically cannot catch them in most common situations 

Why does J7 seem so weak? Why did the devs make him that way? He was an absolute beast in the film. In the game hes coming off like a pretty cool looking joke.

Why does J7 seem so weak? Why did the devs make him that way? He was an absolute beast in the film. In the game hes coming off like a pretty cool looking joke.

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYIN 

I get that this one is made to be water based but they gave him a downside that messes with his best ability for catching survives the shift you cant have no run and no shift or else you cant catch survivors in many situations considering the moment they see that the jason is jason 7 they wont go anywhere near water unless they absolutley have to or they know your distracted (which might i mention that survivors barely use the water anyways)     i get that if they add a water filled/centered map he will be good on that map but that means he sucks on all other maps and how will the player know to pick another jason before they see the map

His cooldowns are 20% quicker for Shift and Morph, aren't they?

His cooldowns are 20% quicker for Shift and Morph, aren't they?

if u r refering to jason 7 he has same cooldown on the map teleport and longer cooldown on the lowrange shift teleport despite not being able to run making a bad combo considering all his abilities pertaining to catching up to/catching the survivors gone or barely useful making him very bad at getting them in an setting without water or where they dont know basic evasion skills

while yes a good enough player can make 7 work he overall isnt as effective as the others and in any non water situation (which are rare because campers usually stay away from the water even if its not a 7 jason) the others will out perform him hands down

Also ive realised something will there be jasons that have the same weapons as other jasons because i feel that not just one of them should have his iconic machete (ecpecially since the one with the machete is garbage)

TMSStoneaxe I have merged your posts, please review the forum rules. If you want to add on to a post please utilize the edit button.

If any Jason should be water based it is part 6 not part 7. True while J7 was originally underwater, once he came to life, he only entered the water once to kill that chick. J6 willingly entered the water and submerged himself completely for a LONG time while hunting Tommy.