wes

Confirmed Counselors and Jasons for BETA (w/stats)

So the more I think about this, the more I think Sackhead will be my favorite. I already really liked the idea of playing him and now seeing his stats and perks I think I will like him even more. He's got some weaknesses, but it looks like he's really good at knowing where you are and getting there fast. Seems like a perfect Jason to really screw with the counselors.

• Like 1

I said that it was laughable that the athletic girl had below average strenght, not average. |

I also said that it realistically made sense for at least one of the female counselors to have high strenght, but that even if it didnt, it made sense thematically, like for the Bookish girl whose high intelligence somehow translates into being really into cars. |

As for what Wes said, he was saying like if you want a super stealthy character, dont whine about the athletic girl not being stealthy, play the Flirty girl for example. I still think that feedback is justified here since what if you want to play a girl with high strenght? | The game makes it impossible when realistically and thematically, it would make sense in the case of Athletic girl, Girl next door or even Rocker chick to have some stat points shifted to the strenght stat.

I do not know why you are angry, i don't have a personal stake in this, Im gonna play the flirty girl and i dont care that she has low strenght, all i know is that it was a concern for some people on thw forum and that i think the female counselors lack a little gameplay diversity with 4 of them having above average stealth and 3 of them having perfect or almost perfect stealth scores.

- Yeah, and it's not laughable.  That's why I responded in the first place: it's perfectly reasonable.

- No, the intelligence stat doesn't translate to being into cars, it translates to being able to repair very well.  That doesn't just mean cars, you know.  So right there your point is nullified.

- No, realistically it doesn't make sense for those girls to have high strength... At all.  And you haven't given me a realistic reason to assume they would.  I've given you a biological reason on why an average girl wouldn't, but you seem to not be able to grasp that.  Then, after you just argued that realism doesn't matter, you bring up realism to defend your case.

- I find it ironic that you think girls only have stealth game-play... when in fact the Athletic Girl has the LOWEST STEALTH STAT of all the counselors thus far.

- Wes already answered this: If you want to play the Flirty Girl and want to have higher intelligence, tough titties.  It goes likewise for any other character.  Gender has little to do with it.  If you like the archetype but want different stats, the answer remains the same:  TOUGH TITTIES.  You want a girl with high strength?  TOUGH TITTIES!

- Preppy Guy has low strength.

- I only sound angry.  I'm never actually angry at people unless I explicitly say so.

- I would have no problem playing as a girl if I wanted to stealth.  I have to put up with it.  You don't see me demanding men have high stealth and I haven't seen you demand so thus far, only on the women's behalf have you spoken.  Men probably have the most average stats in the game, at least for the ones introduced so far.  Kenny is THE average joe, literally.  Why doesn't he have high stealth?  Oh but you're not concerned bout THEIR stats and game-play diversity.

• Like 1

Every character thus far has had a 10/10 stat in something... except for Kenny.

Kenny is the Jack of all Trades, Master of None.

#MakeKennyGreatAgain

I thought the game was going to have at least ten counselors? did the Jock, Edgy guy, and the Dork get cut from the game? if they did that kinda sucks since I like them. 

I thought the game was going to have at least ten counselors? did the Jock, Edgy guy, and the Dork get cut from the game? if they did that kinda sucks since I like them. 

No.  They're just not in the beta.

They just didn't include all the characters in the beta. More counselers and Jason's will be in the finished game :)

- Yeah, and it's not laughable. That's why I responded in the first place: it's perfectly reasonable.

- No, the intelligence stat doesn't translate to being into cars, it translates to being able to repair very well. That doesn't just mean cars, you know. So right there your point is nullified.

- No, realistically it doesn't make sense for those girls to have high strength... At all. And you haven't given me a realistic reason to assume they would. I've given you a biological reason on why an average girl wouldn't, but you seem to not be able to grasp that. Then, after you just argued that realism doesn't matter, you bring up realism to defend your case.

- I find it ironic that you think girls only have stealth game-play... when in fact the Athletic Girl has the LOWEST STEALTH STAT of all the counselors thus far.

- Wes already answered this: If you want to play the Flirty Girl and want to have higher intelligence, tough titties. It goes likewise for any other character. Gender has little to do with it. If you like the archetype but want different stats, the answer remains the same: TOUGH TITTIES. You want a girl with high strength? TOUGH TITTIES!

- Preppy Guy has low strength.

- I only sound angry. I'm never actually angry at people unless I explicitly say so.

- I would have no problem playing as a girl if I wanted to stealth. I have to put up with it. You don't see me demanding men have high stealth and I haven't seen you demand so thus far, only on the women's behalf have you spoken. Men probably have the most average stats in the game, at least for the ones introduced so far. Kenny is THE average joe, literally. Why doesn't he have high stealth? Oh but you're not concerned bout THEIR stats and game-play diversity.

How can i be concerned about the guys' stat diversity when we haven't seen all five of their descriptions? We have actually seen all five female counselors' descriptions, so thats why im only giving feedback on that.

Besides i dont think there is any point discussing this further, you are systematically against everything that doesnt concern you in all the topics so far.

I have explained myself as best as i can on how ive seen this was an issue to some forum members and how it was an issue to me for gameplay diversity (with the variety of stats, 3/5 female counselors having extremely high stealth stat is boring to me), and ive explained how both realistically and thematically it could make sense.

You have screamed biology.

I think we've both made our points and can move on

How can i be concerned about the guys' stat diversity when we haven't seen all five of their descriptions? We have actually seen all five female counselors' descriptions, so thats why im only giving feedback on that.

Besides i dont think there is any point discussing this further, you are systematically against everything that doesnt concern you in all the topics so far.

I have explained myself as best as i can on how ive seen this was an issue to some forum members and how it was an issue to me for gameplay diversity (with the variety of stats, 3/5 female counselors having extremely high stealth stat is boring to me), and ive explained how both realistically and thematically it could make sense.

You have screamed biology.

I think we've both made our points and can move on

I'm shocked you didn't bother to mention that Kenny has NO meaningful stats... You think a group of characters with high stealth is boring?  Kenny will be the Dwight of F13th.

If you want to play a character who doesn't have high stealth, suck it up and play a different character.  Dunno why gender is such a big deal in this regard, but apparently it is.  Again you fail to mention that since I am a male, if I want to have stealth gameplay I have to play a female.  Not a big deal to me, and I plan on playing stealthily most of the time anyway.  But so long as I have to put up with it, then you should too.  If the devs change it, so be it, but as of now deal with it unless you're going to make the case for both sides of the equation.

Now you're starting to piss me off.

• Like 2

There still in the oven, not done yet. Hence not in the beta. Same for all the other Jasons. And the 2 other maps we are getting. :( one day.

2) Also, as I said, from a gameplay standpoint, it's disappointing that no female counselor is a hard hitter.

The problem is that the characters are based around movie stereotypes in the F13 movies. And at the end of the day there was never a female character with overbearing strength. Hell there were few MALE characters with high enough strength to matter... only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Tommy Jarvis and Julius.

So at the end of the day combat in the films more or less came down to luck, and The girl next door character in this game has that in spades. Why would she need high strength when she has a weapon that lucks out and never friggen breaks?

I argue that Jenny Myers will be a more effective combatant than the jock when they give her her skill.

• Like 1

I'm shocked you didn't bother to mention that Kenny has NO meaningful stats... You think a group of characters with high stealth is boring? Kenny will be the Dwight of F13th.

If you want to play a character who doesn't have high stealth, suck it up and play a different character. Dunno why gender is such a big deal in this regard, but apparently it is.

Now you're starting to piss me off.

To me its more about having all characters feel unique, and I think that most of the characters of one sex having the same very strong stat doesnt achieve that.

However, in the thread I linked before, a lot of female forum members were saying that they didnt like it in video games when if they wanted to play girls (which they are) they were encouraged to hide (stealth) or run away, so stereotypically female playstyles. They were saying that they would like one tough chick who was physically strong, and i know it was such an issue to some of them that they even contacted the devs. Thats why im disappointed on that regard.

As for the guys, ill reserve my judgement until all 5 of them are revealed, but a jack of all trades doesnt seem like a bad thing.

Im going to chime in here...and I hope not to anger anyone as I always seem to do, honestly not my intention. But I think theres nothing wrong with a female having a high strength stat, lets say 7/10 or 8/10 highest. The only way she should have off the charts 10/10 is if they put it Tina freakin Shepard. Now Tina could kick ass.

• Like 1

To me its more about having all characters feel unique, and I think that most of the characters of one sex having the same very strong stat doesnt achieve that.

However, in the thread I linked before, a lot of female forum members were saying that they didnt like it in video games when if they wanted to play girls (which they are) they were encouraged to hide (stealth) or run away, so stereotypically female playstyles. They were saying that they would like one tough chick who was physically strong, and i know it was such an issue to some of them that they even contacted the devs. Thats why im disappointed on that regard.

As for the guys, ill reserve my judgement until all 5 of them are revealed, but a jack of all trades doesnt seem like a bad thing.

The hell kind of games are THEY playing?  Cuz I know they haven't been playing:

Metroid Prime

Tomb Raider

The Last Of Us

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

Mirror's Edge

Portal

Half Life 2

Left 4 Dead (1 and 2)

Mortal Kombat

Starcraft

Resident Evil

Skyrim

Fallout

Shall I continue?

Also, please notice how the Preppy Guy is pretty much on the same level as the girls in terms of strength.  So please don't feed the illusions that all men in this game are going to be hunks.

• Like 2

Also, please notice how the Preppy Guy is pretty much on the same level as the girls in terms of strength.  So please don't feed the illusions that all men in this game are going to be hunks.

I noticed that his luck is also off the charts actually and he has a higher base strength than Jenny Myers... I was like woh he could be a secret Jason Destroying beast!

Than i remembered he has a composure of one. His stat spread is really good actually, but getting scared at the drop of a hat like shaggy from scooby doo is going to be one HELL of a drawback.

• Like 1

Im going to chime in here...and I hope not to anger anyone as I always seem to do, honestly not my intention. But I think theres nothing wrong with a female having a high strength stat, lets say 7/10 or 8/10 highest. The only way she should have off the charts 10/10 is if they put it Tina freakin Shepard. Now Tina could kick ass.

I agree. I've met some ladies who I am sure could whup my butt.

I also understand the female perspective here. I like to play with characters that resemble me IRL. If I was a chick, I'd wanna be able to play as one that might stand a chance at getting a good hit on Jason.

• Like 2

why do all the jasons get run ability? you guys need to come up with some more options for them as i cant see jason 7 running .

why do all the jasons get run ability? you guys need to come up with some more options for them as i cant see jason 7 running .

7 cannot run. That's pretty clear from the screenshots.

I agree. I've met some ladies who I am sure could whup my butt.

I also understand the female perspective here. I like to play with characters that resemble me IRL. If I was a chick, I'd wanna be able to play as one that might stand a chance at getting a good hit on Jason.

I understand the perspective too... Except for a few things:

A ) Wes already stated "tough cookies" if you want particular stats for particular characters.

B ) I have to play as a girl in order to be stealthy.  It goes both ways.  I don't care for being heavy hitter and heavy hitting will probably have very little roles to fill anyway.

C ) Stealth as far as we know makes you harder to detect, it far from dictates your play style.  Flirty Girl is quiet and fast.  Bookish Girl is quiet and smart.  Girl Next Door is a survivor, and Athletic Girl is... Well, really fast.  Preppy Guy is lucky and a bit quiet but suffers in pretty much everything else.  Kenny is... well, Kenny.  Master of None.  So far the girls have the best stats.  Class Clown likely won't be very strong either.  The only strong ones I can see being super hunky is Jock and Edgy Guy.  That's two out of nine characters relying more on strength excluding Jarvis.  So why are people so concerned about heavy hitters when their role will probably be rescue patrol and not much else?

I understand the perspective too... Except for a few things:

A ) Wes already stated "tough cookies" if you want particular stats for particular characters.

B ) I have to play as a girl in order to be stealthy.  It goes both ways.  I don't care for being heavy hitter and heavy hitting will probably have very little roles to fill anyway.

C ) Stealth as far as we know makes you harder to detect, it far from dictates your play style.  Flirty Girl is quiet and fast.  Bookish Girl is quiet and smart.  Girl Next Door is a survivor, and Athletic Girl is... Well, really fast.  Preppy Guy is lucky and a bit quiet but suffers in pretty much everything else.  Kenny is... well, Kenny.  Master of None.  So far the girls have the best stats.  Class Clown likely won't be very strong either.  The only strong ones I can see being super hunky is Jock and Edgy Guy.  That's two out of nine characters relying more on strength excluding Jarvis.  So why are people so concerned about heavy hitters when their role will probably be rescue patrol and not much else?

I think what some of the ladies are saying is they'd like to have a female character that can handle some physical combat, which of course would require a high strength stat. I think it's a reasonable desire and not totally unrealistic. That's all. I obviously agree that by and large, on average, men are physically stronger than women. But it isnt true in all cases, and certainly a lady who trains with weights and perhaps some martial arts is going to be a formidable opponent. Brute strength doesnt always win fights. A properly placed hit executed efficiently is as effective or MORE than a lumbering mouthbreather with brute strength.

When I took karate I was taught how to punch. To channel strength and power and deliver it effectively. This is effective regardless of gender. So all I'm saying is I dont think it's unreasonable that a female character be able to stand up for herself really well in a physical confrontation.

I think what some of the ladies are saying is they'd like to have a female character that can handle some physical combat, which of course would require a high strength stat. I think it's a reasonable desire and not totally unrealistic. That's all. I obviously agree that by and large, on average, men are physically stronger than women. But it isnt true in all cases, and certainly a lady who trains with weights and perhaps some martial arts is going to be a formidable opponent. Brute strength doesnt always win fights. A properly placed hit executed efficiently is as effective or MORE than a lumbering mouthbreather with brute strength.

When I took karate I was taught how to punch. To channel strength and power and deliver it effectively. This is effective regardless of gender. So all I'm saying is I dont think it's unreasonable that a female character be able to stand up for herself really well in a physical confrontation.

It doesn't bother me wether a woman has high strength stat or not but it shouldn't be the athletic girl because she has high speed and stamina which makes sense for her character. If she also had high strength she would so be op. I just think maybe they wanted to limit how many characters have high strength since athletic girl with a strength of 4 was able knock down Jason. I don't care if to play a high strength I have to be a guy :/ don't see why gender matters.

Maybe that's where the whole 'perks' thing will come into play? Do you guys think the perks will be things like '+2 to Intelligience' or more situation things like 'lose less health when bursting through windows' or 'people stay calmer around you'?

Definitely liking the way things are looking so far  :D! I'd consider playing all of them.. except Kenny, maybe. I thought he'd improve the composure of those around him or something. Maybe he does. His 'jack of all trades' thing isn't really for me, though.

working out speed does not necessarily give you stronger arms and legs, oh wait. IT DOES 

it makes ZERO sence that this game have all females with low strength and it does bother me all females are depicted the same way even tho the women in the movies arent all the same, girls like Chris, Tina, Alice, Kia, Vickie, Megan, Jessica, Ginny, Pam and Monica (not including the girl in the remake, yikes that one suck) 

did not all use sneaky strategy, and no not all of these are final girls even but they didn't use sneaking over strength, the fact that all females are sneaky repair or scouts to gather stuff. just because you pick a girl dont mean you wanna vanish in the background.

and you can't seriously use ''what about the guys'' as an arguement when we seen 2 of them and there's one suited for everything and one suited for the same as the girls and we can only presume 2 of the other 3 have high strength.

• Like 2

They have stated living Jasons will be able to run, undead Jasons will not. Please pay attention to threads and screenshot/video info. It would save alotta useless reiterration.

The way this conversation has gone… I realize there is going to be so much feminist extremist anger fine about this game o.o… o.o I'm okay with that, y'all entertain me with all that craziness xD

• Like 3