So I just watched the IGN game play and LOVED IT I couldn't stop re watching it. There is one thing about it however that I wanted to discuss.  I noticed the map gave you so many hints including telling you where the cars and other players were and that got me thinking. Just like Battlefield 4 and other popular online games can we have a option in the full release to have normal/hardcore servers?

A few examples being toggle stuff like:

Don't have player names/markers above heads

Don't show players on the map unless they are right next to you

Don't show where the cars are

Start the game with no power  etc.

In other words just depending on the player hosting they can have certain things about the level switched on or off to make each round slightly different id love to hear you're guys thoughts!

• Like 1

yeah i dont like when there is no options for a game server and other devs just tell yeah to accept it how they made it. while we are making suggestion how about a weather option to change to rain or moonlight.

anyone thought about snow, can we get snow?

Worth looking into :)

Thank you Ben! Knowing you even read my comments makes me happy! ^^   This is why you guys rock!

It might not be popular with anyone who thinks Jason is too OP,but on a hardcore server,Jason should get a pretty big buff.

Only one player allowed to leave the camp, probably will require Jason buff otherwise it will turn into a waiting game for whoever is last.

Would like to see a number adjusting ability too, like a change in timers.

Maybe randomly remove items from the game giving players false objectives.

What about adding a mode with NO mini map or radar for counselors and minimizing what Jason sees on his minimap. Obviously Jason needs a map to fast travel and such, but how about removing car locations, phone locations from Jason's map.

Let the counselors run amuck with no map, make them search in the dark woods for weapons, phone, vehicles etc. Would sure add to the fear factor!

If I was hosting a private match, I would want the option to disable the map anyway and make everyone play straight up as if they were running blindly through the woods from cabin to cabin frantically searching for something to help them survive. This would greatly turn up the level of fear in each player.

Let me know what you think, and if this is something we may see in the final release.

Thanks guys, see you in Crystal Lake!

SICK

• Like 1

What about adding a mode with NO mini map or radar for counselors and minimizing what Jason sees on his minimap. Obviously Jason needs a map to fast travel and such, but how about removing car locations, phone locations from Jason's map.

Let the counselors run amuck with no map, make them search in the dark woods for weapons, phone, vehicles etc. Would sure add to the fear factor!

If I was hosting a private match, I would want the option to disable the map anyway and make everyone play straight up as if they were running blindly through the woods from cabin to cabin frantically searching for something to help them survive. This would greatly turn up the level of fear in each player.

Let me know what you think, and if this is something we may see in the final release.

Thanks guys, see you in Crystal Lake!

SICK

Actually, this isn't a bad idea at all, not knowing exactly where to go when you have the keys, gas can or battery and will probably bring more fear into the game, without there being a map.

• Like 1

What about simply "Terror mode". If you stick arround Jason for too long you lose your hud due being in his terror radius, basicaly you are too "scared".
This hardcore mode would put you in this state indefinitely.

It's best to leave this in a private match if this was in a public match a lot of the people wouldn't like it it would take a lot of different game modes to make everything so if you don't have many people playing this game it would be really hard to find a full lobby of people so it's best to leave this for a private match where you can set how you want to play I know everybody can agree to this

• Like 1

It's best to leave this in a private match if this was in a public match a lot of the people wouldn't like it it would take a lot of different game modes to make everything so if you don't have many people playing this game it would be really hard to find a full lobby of people so it's best to leave this for a private match where you can set how you want to play I know everybody can agree to this

Yeah, that is correct, best kept for private matches.

• Like 1

There were a couple games in the Beta that bugged and I started off with no minimap. I played through those games entirely and even survived with no minimap at all! It was only later I found out that pressing "m" to open the map clears the bug and the minimap returns.

The minimap exists as the counselors pre-existing knowledge of the area, it makes sense. That said, I love the idea of a hardcore mode where you go in blind.

• Like 1

I would be perfectly fine with an option to turn map and radar off in private matches. It could be a hosting option. I know the friends I play online with would want it off as well, we've always played our private matches that way on every other game we've played. I just feel that if all the objectives are shown on the map for both Jason and the counselors, it's just a little too much handholding where there should be some element of surprise. Make Jason and the counselors explore for everything. If the spawn locations for objectives are random gen, they should be something you have to look for yourself each round, not see them 1st thing when the match launches. Of course, this is my opinion, some may not agree.

SICK

Not gonna lie This sounds like a fun option but if they don't implement it just put a piece of tape over the map on your screen lol although that could ruin your tv ????

I already made a topic with this exact idea actually. ^^;

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/2225-adjustable-server-modes/

Ohhhh Your right! You know what the problem is not everyone is either going to see the old topics or their topic might be slightly different to the degree where it needs to be their own new topic but this one is identical

• Like 1

Ohhhh Your right! You know what the problem is not everyone is either going to see the old topics or their topic might be slightly different to the degree where it needs to be their own new topic but this one is identical

The big issue is if people don't tag their topic  even if you search for it you cant find it unless you go through each old topic yourself. But yeah id love a mode like this!

1st off, I apologize for not seeing the previous post on here about this topic. I don't have time to troll the site all day as I do work 40 hours a week and have 2 small children and household activities and chores to keep me busy. I try to pop in here when I have time to track what's going on, but unfortunately limit my time to the most recent topics. I'm a full time worker, husband and Dad so please bear with me. I try very hard not to step on toes or repeat topics.

That being said, as far as it being a mode, I think someone earlier made a better statement that maybe it should just be an option in private matches. Just the option to toggle objectives on or off. I think this would work better so that private parties can play the game however they want.

Having a map to look at is fine, but having the "random generated" spawn of the objective on the map seems to defeat the purpose of having them be randomly generated IMO. And this is an easy way to solve the issue without ruining the experience for everyone in public/ranked matches.

I don't know if the devs see many of these posts or these suggestions get back to them, but I hope this has been at least brought up since someone else has made the same post. This is something that IMO could really be a game changer for a lot of gamers that like a challenge and don't want to know what's lurking around every corner. It's like watching a movie for the first time with somebody who's seen it and keeps telling you what's gonna happen next.

Point made? Good! LOL

See you all in Crystal Lake very soon!

SICK

Hardcore mode ? This isn't a battlefield game.

Really man? I was just giving it a title. Most games in the last decade have given the title of Hardcore as a way of saying, No map, No radar. I wasn't suggesting calling it that, it was just a means of starting a topic. Thanks for your sarcasm though, it was much appreciated, enjoyed, and laughed at.

Still friends?

SICK

This game itself is hardcore, because there is 1 life and 0 spawn, just game over pal.

Hardcore is meant only to imply harder than it is from outset...just a labeling term. The gameplay being "hardcore" as is? I think that's debatable.

1st off, I apologize for not seeing the previous post on here about this topic. I don't have time to troll the site all day as I do work 40 hours a week and have 2 small children and household activities and chores to keep me busy. I try to pop in here when I have time to track what's going on, but unfortunately limit my time to the most recent topics. I'm a full time worker, husband and Dad so please bear with me. I try very hard not to step on toes or repeat topics.

That being said, as far as it being a mode, I think someone earlier made a better statement that maybe it should just be an option in private matches. Just the option to toggle objectives on or off. I think this would work better so that private parties can play the game however they want.

Having a map to look at is fine, but having the "random generated" spawn of the objective on the map seems to defeat the purpose of having them be randomly generated IMO. And this is an easy way to solve the issue without ruining the experience for everyone in public/ranked matches.

I don't know if the devs see many of these posts or these suggestions get back to them, but I hope this has been at least brought up since someone else has made the same post. This is something that IMO could really be a game changer for a lot of gamers that like a challenge and don't want to know what's lurking around every corner. It's like watching a movie for the first time with somebody who's seen it and keeps telling you what's gonna happen next.

Point made? Good! LOL

See you all in Crystal Lake very soon!

SICK

There is a search function on the forums. You do not need to comb the forums as this function easily allows you find all relevant topics. Please be mindful of that and utilize it to avoid multiple topics being created. I have merged this thread with the previous mentioned topic.