damnenchiladas

Jason - Human or Zombie?

Okay really hate to bring this up because I F@#KING HATE THIS MOVIE but.... In Jason goes to hell it heavily implied that Pamela Voorhees used The Necronomicon Ex Mortis from Evil Dead to resurrect Jason and we all know that book can do some seriously freakie shit so it's not beyond the realm of possibility for the book to turn him into the man monster we all know and love

I belive this to be true.Demons from the astral celestial realms and big supernal demons must have had intercourse with Mrs Voorhees .The Necromonicon was written by a crazy arab guy and expanded upon by H.P Lovecraft.Most occultist claim that its a fake grimoire but it still works. Throughout history there has been angels that have had sex with women and spawned half human half celestial demon.

Ronnie and I spoke in great detail to Sean Cunningham about this. And most of the theories represented here are in line with our conversation. But also, did you guys get a chance to read the Friday the 13th graphic novels? There are two volumes. The second volume has a chapter called "The Bad Lands". It is a very interesting take on F13 lore. I highly recommend you guys pick it up. Don't want to spoil anything, but basically their stance is that it's less about the Voorhees family, and more about Crystal Lake as a cursed land. The story moves between current time period and then back to Native American times. It also has amazing artwork. 

http://amzn.to/1QUiQo4

badc.JPG

If you actually look up online true people that were born half demon youd see how Jason is a half demon .Ill give some examples and names of true events you guys cann look up in a search engine .Maha Maya  of India who gave birth to Buddha via sexual intercourse with some spirits  in The Himalaya Mountains.Mother Shipton of Scotland .Her mother was a virgin who gave birth to her through sexual intercourse with a demon .Ogamisama of Japan who is worshipped as gods only daughter.I encourage fans to do their research on the demonic origins of Jason and the Friday the 13th story.

This was the focus of Freddy vs Jason vs Ash as well. Freddy wanted to get ahold of the Necronomicon to unleash the dream world into reality and had to go through Ash to get it. Even though the Necronomicon is the focus of the Evil Dead series, it's actually a reference from the works of H.P. Lovecraft. 

Essentially, the book is public domain and the use of it in other works was actually supported by Lovecraft. For Friday to make more use of that mythology is not a bad angle and offers a lot in terms of story potential. Tommy uses books of the occult in part 6 and this series really could use another Jason Lives type entry to inject some energy to the franchise. 

frank.gif

I agree

Neither. He's a revenant.

A revenant is a visible ghost or animated corpse that is believed to have returned from the grave to terrorize the living.

Vivid stories of revenants arose in Western Europe (especially Great Britain, and were later carried by Anglo-Norman invaders to Ireland) during the High Middle Ages. Though later legend and folklore depict revenants as returning for a specific purpose (e.g., revenge against the deceased's killer), in most Medieval accounts they return to harass their surviving families and neighbours.

Many stories were documented by English historians in the Middle Ages. William of Newburgh wrote in the 1190s, "It would not be easy to believe that the corpses of the dead should sally (I know not by what agency) from their graves, and should wander about to the terror or destruction of the living, and again return to the tomb, which of its own accord spontaneously opened to receive them, did not frequent examples, occurring in our own times, suffice to establish this fact, to the truth of which there is abundant testimony.”

Revenants share some similarities with zombies in modern fiction. This is a result of contemporary depictions of zombies having evolved from vampire fiction (specifically Richard Matheson's novel I Am Legend, which was a major influence on the zombie film Night of the Living Dead). The original folklore about zombies had less in common with revenant legends.

Similarities are also obvious with the aptrgangr (literally 'again-walker', meaning one who walks after death) of Norse mythology, although the aptrgangr, or draugr, is usually far more powerful, possessing magical abilities and most notably is not confined to a deathlike sleep during the day - although it does usually stay in its burial mound during the daylight hours - and will resist intruders, which renders the destruction of its body a dangerous affair to be undertaken by individual heroes. Consequently, stories involving the aptrgangr often involve direct confrontations with the creature, in which it often reveals to be immune to conventional weapons. Such elements are absent from the revenant lore, where the body is engaged in its inert state in daylight, and rendered harmless.

Also references of revenant-like beings come from the Caribbean and are often referred to as 'The soucouyant' or 'soucriant' in Dominica, Trinidadian and Guadeloupean folklore (also known as Ole-Higue or Loup-garou elsewhere in the Caribbean).

So, a variant of the zombie, but not a Romero-esque zombie.

i'm not sure if this is definitive,but i think Jason part 1 was drowned but not to death,and as a mentaly diseased boy turned into a survivalist kinda deal for the 20 years Crystal Lake was closed and managed to survive on the nearby woods with regular plants and animals,and robbing what he can find to survive and build his shack,than the events of 1979 he saw his mother and alice fight from the woods and could only saw his mother death before he could talk to her (presumably seeing just some part of the murders that she commited) ,and with Alice in the boat he picked up his mother's head and machete and followed Alice to take revenge some months later (the scene on the lake was a dream by Alice).

Than in part 2 he have the memorial from his mother,and take revenge on Alice,than he came back to his shack and influenced by his mother actions in the past turned into a killer of the region of Crystal Lake,and as a mentally diseased boy-like grown adult he cant feel the usual pain as a regular human without mental diseases,so this can explain his survivalism to quasi (but not totally) fatal injuries on part 2 and 3,needing just some time to ''recover'' .

A year before the events of part 3 Jason found the protagonist in the woods and scared her,but she managed to escape,and when she came back,he notices the movimentation on the nearby little farm and goes to his second mass kill,and almost died but recovered on a morgue of his wound on the head mistaken as dead (again) and came back to the events of part 4.

In part 4 he definitely dies as a human by A REAL FATAL INJURY on the head after his third mass kill.

And then in part 6 he comes back as a zombie,ressurected by one thunder,and having multiple mass killings until part 9 that he is torn into pieces by FBI and after posesing multiple bodies as a spirit he manage to recover his body and get finally killed by being pulled to hell.

I consider the events of Freddy vs Jason being before of Jason X,so Freddy revives jason as a zombie again,and after Jason escapes of being killed again,and finally dies after the events of Jason X (being burned on athmosphere).

Jason's reboot its a different timeline so not include it.

I was never a fan of the Zombie subgenra of horror. So, I don't see Jason as ever being a Zombie, just a human character from the traditional slasher genra formula.

Now, the formula between Zombie and slashers are similar in that we are dealing with characters that come back from the dead.

However, slasher films in the past were much more popular than Zombie movies, but in the present, the Zombie Genra of horror is much more popular than all slashers, past and present.

I was an avid reader of Fangoria magazine in the 1980's, and I knew that the popular zombie movies were covered well, but I was only interested in the slasher villains like Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers.

I am curious about why Zombie movies and TV shows are so popular with fans outside of the horror genra proper today.

First it was witches.

Then Vampires.

Now it's the Zombie Craze.

I don't know why these characters appeal to general audiences overall especially with young people who don't identify as horror fans specifically.

But, I grew up as a slasher fan, and that I will always be!

On 9/17/2020 at 7:32 PM, Michael Varn said:

I was never a fan of the Zombie subgenra of horror. So, I don't see Jason as ever being a Zombie, just a human character from the traditional slasher genra formula.

Now, the formula between Zombie and slashers are similar in that we are dealing with characters that come back from the dead.

However, slasher films in the past were much more popular than Zombie movies, but in the present, the Zombie Genra of horror is much more popular than all slashers, past and present.

I was an avid reader of Fangoria magazine in the 1980's, and I knew that the popular zombie movies were covered well, but I was only interested in the slasher villains like Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers.

I am curious about why Zombie movies and TV shows are so popular with fans outside of the horror genra proper today.

First it was witches.

Then Vampires.

Now it's the Zombie Craze.

I don't know why these characters appeal to general audiences overall especially with young people who don't identify as horror fans specifically.

But, I grew up as a slasher fan, and that I will always be!

Hey aren't you from the camp blood website?