Ralph Wiggum777

Gameplay Video thoughts and reactions

That was 18 mins of pure love.  It looks great guys!

Edit:  Unlike the others here on the forum, I love that you can see other people's names and places on the map.  It's one of the only advantages we have against Jason. I love the music that plays when Jason is near.  My heart rate increased every time I heard it in the video!  :D

Think it looks excellent, and I'm more hyped than ever now!

I would reiterate other posters in saying I would rather not know where my fellow counselors are on the map.

I.e. If I'm in one of the cabin rooms and hear someone enter the building...I want to feel the tension of not knowing if it is a fellow counselor or Jason. I'd have to ask "Who's there?" (on the mic)...as in reality. If I don't get an answer...it means the other counselor doesn't have a mic (good movie-like false junp scare effect)...or Jason just entered the same cabin as me and I'm now shirting it.

Or if I'm sprinting through the woods, and suddenly see movement up ahead...I want that split second gut feeling of "Fuck, is that Jason?".

This is a great post! I completely agree with everything you said. The counselors on the map is one of the biggest gripes I have with the game at the moment.

• Like 1

The game need remove the marks for others survivors on the map, the icons on the locked doors and the names over the heads.

• Like 2

Think it looks excellent, and I'm more hyped than ever now!

I would reiterate other posters in saying I would rather not know where my fellow counselors are on the map.

I.e. If I'm in one of the cabin rooms and hear someone enter the building...I want to feel the tension of not knowing if it is a fellow counselor or Jason. I'd have to ask "Who's there?" (on the mic)...as in reality. If I don't get an answer...it means the other counselor doesn't have a mic (good movie-like false junp scare effect)...or Jason just entered the same cabin as me and I'm now shirting it.

Or if I'm sprinting through the woods, and suddenly see movement up ahead...I want that split second gut feeling of "Fuck, is that Jason?".

I'm on board with all this. At the very least they could not appear on the map till you run into them or speak to them on the walkie.

Btw, @GunMedia_Ben: What's up with Randy's ping? It's no wonder he didn't make it, he's like 60ms behind all you guys. Tell that dude to upgrade his G router.  :P

33a5wft.jpg

Anyone that needs proof of his teleport ability needs a good viewing of part 8 manhattan. He goes apeshit with that ability in that one.

• Like 1

Anyone that needs proof of his teleport ability needs a good viewing of part 8 manhattan. He goes apeshit with that ability in that one.

Very true. He's never shown to be doing anything more than a brisk walk but still somehow catches up to that guy on the roof and punches his head off.

1st I loved the gameplay and a big thank you team! I just thought there was too many weapons for counslors, it seemed like everyone had a weapon, kinda was wishing weapons were/will be rare items to find. hoping its not as you said circle around Jason and mob beat him to death, also as counselors fix cars & boats to escape can Jason undo the work they have done? 

Remember fear rise near jason, you can't mob him. i dont get where people get that information from, but if you gang up you also die together, simple as that. we dont even know if jason have a HP or health bar at all. he could be unkillable unless its very special events or series of actions. when fear is high you can barely move, or see the  screen. 

however i agree on weapons. they could still knock him over but maybe be less common?

• Like 3

People are complaining about his running and being knocked down.Living Jason in parts 2-4 ran alot...exactly how he does in the game I might add, and considering Kane mocapped it, its pretty damn spot on. Also, he was knocked down in those films...ALOT. When they smashed that tv over his head (similar to a strike in the head by lets say, a bat) he layed there for a long ass time. Hell...if you punched part 2 Jason in the nuts he was going down. So I dont know what these complaints are warrented on. Jason didnt become an unstoppable badass until zombie Jason in part 6.

As far as undoing work (cancelling cop calls, sabatoging fixed cars) i think that would be a perfect ability and feature for Pamela to be able to do.that would set her apart from the style of Jason play. This would make Pamela a real threat, maybe not physically like her son, she could be stunned easier, but she could run faster, be quicker, and undo all means of escape. That would pose a hard challenge.

• Like 2

As usual CrazyRalph...I agree. ;). I think they have Jason from Part 3's running style down to a tee. The way he was following that other counselor, and changed from walking pace to sprint pace all of a sudden (as the camera counselor watches from the shadows of the barn) was spot on.

Looked just like Richard Brooker. Even though it was Kane doing the mo-cap! That barn moment, the part in which Jason entered the Higgin's Haven house as the camera counselor watched from upstairs, and the part where Part 3 Jason sat up...was trademark F-13 Part 3.

This game is going to have many moments like that, that remind you of scenes in the films.

• Like 1

finally some real game play! my thought is it may be a little too dark but then again it could just be that maps setting, would allow for moon light or rain...

1 thing i didn't like was the shift feature not because of how it works but the annoying visual you get on screen.

I feel like anyone who complains about Jason running,should be banished from the forums. :rolleyes:  They even have the Jason who never ran,unable to run...Spot on.

• Like 1

Question? If Shift is another word for Teleport is that VHS distortion a new effect taking place of the smoke poof? And does everyone see that effect on the screen or only the councelor Jason is shifting near?

The game need remove the marks for others survivors on the map, the icons on the locked doors and the names over the heads.

I would like a toggle option for the survivors and names but I do like the icons for locked doors being there.

I would like a toggle option for the survivors and names but I do like the icons for locked doors being there.

There'd be no sense in toggling it off except for immursion. I mean, take Battlefield 1 realism mode. Gives the player every disadvantage in the world. It's only done for immusion.

So no removal. I'd like to know when I lock a door thanks.

Question? If Shift is another word for Teleport is that VHS distortion a new effect taking place of the smoke poof? And does everyone see that effect on the screen or only the councelor Jason is shifting near?

It would appear so Powell, and as far as if everyone sees it, I guess we'll find out in a few short hours.

So I was reading reddit. A few of the devs jumped in there and clarified some things. I said earlier that it looks like Jason isnt all that tough to deal with. It appears I was wrong. The Jason in that video did not use his abilities to full effect. According to the devs, he can block and he isnt as easily stunned as he appears to be in the video. They were apparently trying to show off a little more of the counselor abilities and not so much focus on how bad-ass Jason really is. They said they had a new guy come in for stress testing who had never played Jason before and he wiped them all out. So that video was still sort of a skewed perspective.

Only thing I am truly concerned about is the camera angle. I absolutely hate the camera being off center. I modded Skyrim to deal with this but we cannot mod this game. It is going to make me crazy. I know people are split on this and Gun has made their decision, I just hope we can mod it in the future.

Looks really good.

Intense and atmospheric.

Would change AJ's hair back to black and purple. It's dark enough where the purple hair won't stand out as a giveaway at all.

I thought it looked awesome  :D! These guys have been working on it for a while now and are way more familiar with the maps than we will be and it still looked pretty chaotic. Looking forward to having no idea where to go. Higgins Haven was awesome- very lovingly rendered. Has me sufficiently pumped. Music was nuts. Only confusion would be as to who was playing Tommy. Maybe it was one of the dead counselors? Seems like Girl Next Door died pretty early on, so it might've been her, dunno.

Noticed this on the map- pretty blurry, but I'm pretty sure it says Shelly's Pass, haha. I like little stuff like that  :D.

3b298ecfa85c90ed6bb2abed0420233d_zpsw7or

Think weapons are important as otherwise as soon as Jason finds you, you're dead. Jason needs to be overpowered, but not to the extent that anyone playing as a counselor is gonna throw their controller down as soon as Jason grabs them.

But if we're sticking to the source material I mean correct me if I'm wrong the only time everyone had weapons and took Jason out was in JGTH and that was a swat team. I just wish it was maybe 2 weapons on a map for counselors to find in use, now everyone has to really thinks stay in help fight or runaway knowing i have to go bare knuckle because theres no more weapons

But if we're sticking to the source material I mean correct me if I'm wrong the only time everyone had weapons and took Jason out was in JGTH and that was a swat team. I just wish it was maybe 2 weapons on a map for counselors to find in use, now everyone has to really thinks stay in help fight or runaway knowing i have to go bare knuckle because theres no more weapons

It's different in the movies because not everyone is actively aware of Jason's presence from the start. In the game, you know Jason is out there, so your first instinct is to arm yourself. There's no way the Counselors could get by with just two weapons considering that they have durability and will break.

By that logic, there's also never been a movie where all the counselors are aware of Jason at the same exact time either. Usually 2-3 kids get picked off before anyone is even aware Jason is out there. Obviously, for it to be a balanced and successful video game, some liberties have to be taken for both sides to enjoy the game. No differently than how Rare added tons of goons to shoot in Goldeneye that Bond never even fought in the movie or how Rockstar added a monetary theft system into The Warriors even though they never steal anything in the actual movie. The weapons all break or run out of ammo pretty quickly, so it's not like anyone is just gonna find one weapon and they're set for the match. Players are going to be constantly ebbing and flowing from feeling safe to completely vulnerable as the game progresses. Plus, towards the end of the match less and less weapons will be available so survival will get progressively harder.  

• Like 2

It's different in the movies because not everyone is actively aware of Jason's presence from the start. In the game, you know Jason is out there, so your first instinct is to arm yourself. There's no way the Counselors could get by with just two weapons considering that they have durability and will break.

I guess I'm thinking from my horror film side not my gamer side I really want to feel like I'm inside an interactive horror film more so then a game but I'll wait til I get my hands on it to be fair I just don't want this to turn into an evolve type game 7 players hunting down Jason just a lil nervous about that