Ralph Wiggum777

Gameplay Video thoughts and reactions

Walkie Talkies? Fuck ya bud! even if only one group member has one that allows for tactical communication across the map! That's a really cool idea.

• Like 1

I take it the walkie talkies is how you use voice chat to talk to the other players and work as a team if you can?

I love how they decided to just drive off and let the other person die. It was intense just watching, this game will be amazing.

It looks really nice. I backed this game a year ago and I'm glad I've still got the same hype toward the game. Indeed it seems kind of slow-paced whenever there are more than two characters directly facing Jason. It almost seemed easy but hey, the team playing had a great communication. 

It looks really nice. I backed this game a year ago and I'm glad I've still got the same hype toward the game. Indeed it seems kind of slow-paced whenever there are more than two characters directly facing Jason. It almost seemed easy but hey, the team playing had a great communication. 

I was thinking the same thing. I will most likely play solo, so I can get more of a challenge.

I'm running straight up those stairs in Higgins Haven as The Girl Next Door ????

Honestly though, the atmosphere is brilliant. The stingers when Jason attacks really ramp up the tension. I felt like I was watching a horror movie when they ran in to the dead end room and then he had to run past Jason. HYPED!

OKAY! I just watched the whole thing and will now organize my thoughts.

- FEAR / Stamina Mechanics

I LOVE the track skipping effect that happens not sure if its fear or happens when! Fantastic idea! I also like how the survivors move at a normal pace and don't run everywhere at 1000 miles per hour. It makes them feel more like humans than Olympic athletes. That said the guy playing was kinda pissing me off by NEVER not running and constantly moving around without stamina. XD

- ITEMS!

Walkie Talkies is an amazing fucking idea and I love it.

Beartrap is SICK fucking nasty

The Noise Makers (Fire crackers) Sound interesting wish we could of seen them used.

It seems pocket knifes are a get out of being grabbed free card. Similar to the knife/Tazer in the Resident Evil Remake. You get grabbed and stab Jason to get loose. This will definitely be a MUCH sought after item. (Worth MORE than its weight in gold)

Weapons have durability and break. Good to know o_o

You cant carry a weapon AND an item such as gas can. Also good to know

-Ronnie!

STOP RUNNING AND GET YER STAMINA BACK! GOOD LORD MAN! D:

NICE fucking beartrap!

-Jason

Seeing him hustle when he was running was believable. But kinda funny!

The window breaking looks AMAZING!

the BONE crunching noise when the car was taking off was fucking brutal and I LOVED it.

He seems to get stunned a lot... not sure if good or not.

- Will post more as I think of it! But i'm LOVING what i'm seeing.

• Like 2

At first I thought it seemed way too easy to call the police.

Then I realized the size and scale of the map would make heading over to the police a pain.  So that in itself is a challenge.

• Like 1

Super cozy! super fun looking! a few scary moments like "he's here get in the car hurry hurry" great job looks excellent! Some animation looks slightly too fast moving (camera turns) and hope it's not too easy to run past Jason all the time and maybe up his OP slightly more! Other than that I Love it guys!!!

i am so hyped, i was already but even more than i thought i could ever be!

i hope we get to see gameplay as other counselors and as jason as soon as possible, hopefully the Friends and family beta people will have some youtubers!

• Like 2

A few complaints

1 when Jason is near the music should not be just that 1 track that will get annoying

2 this may be because it was part 3 but Jason being stunned should be waaay shorter it's Jason! He should be able to take blows

Of course the undead Jason's May be harder to stun

Other than that it was AWESOME! Can't wait for beta

I love it, especially how the music becomes more intense when Jason appears and the opening cutscene was great too.

i so agree, it was a great way to make it valid everyone knew what was going on, i have been wondering about that a lot.

this just left me wondering if its always the same one in the cutscene

Oh man this looks AWESOME!!

It kinda reminds me "hello neighbor" game a little because of that fun stress to not get caught.... ;)

The way combat works worries me a bit. WHat's to stop people gathering around jason in a circle and just poke him like a pinäta to make time go by?

I get that there's durability, but from the looks of it if you time it, it seems too easy to just hack down jason and wasting time. Especially worrying since counselors can win by default due to time constraints.

Might be hyperboling though.

Love how the fear meter works though. Losing vision and sight of everything can be a game changer. 

Too bad we didn't see anything from jason's perspective, but then again i guess that's for the best (for now).

Hoping there's not many pocket knives around. Seems to act as a one time complete defence against jason. Wouldn't want anyone to just stock up on it.

Though there's so much of the game i like so far. The counselors not going for the cops asap was confusing at first, but then you see where the cops can come from and the fact that they decide it's too far away is exhilirating.

Wonder what jason could have done to the car at the very end though. Seemed like he had options, but short of grabbing someone out of the drivers seat mid-drive i don't see it. Maybe hack the wheels so it falls apart? But that'd take some strikes so...

The cars come across as a surefire way of getting away barring driving incompetence, hope jason has tools to deal with that particular element. The game should be over once they cross the border, not when the car is in motion imo

• Like 1

The way combat works worries me a bit. WHat's to stop people gathering around jason in a circle and just poke him like a pinäta to make time go by?

I get that there's durability, but from the looks of it if you time it, it seems too easy to just hack down jason and wasting time. Especially worrying since counselors can win by default due to time constraints.

That was my main concern as well... But until we see Jason play we will have to wait and see on that one.

That was my main concern as well... But until we see Jason play we will have to wait and see on that one.

Thinking the same.

I mean jason will win a war of attrition, but seeing the combat like that makes me worry if it's a viable tactic to knock him the fuck out with weapons x7  and then have people run away to just repeat the thing.

It sounds unreasonable as i type it, but i guess it's just a low worry in the back of the brain for now.

Love how the fear meter works though. Losing vision and sight of everything can be a game changer. 

Too bad we didn't see anything from jason's perspective, but then again i guess that's for the best (for now).

Hoping there's not many pocket knives around. Seems to act as a one time complete defence against jason. Wouldn't want anyone to just stock up on it.

Though there's so much of the game i like so far. The counselors not going for the cops asap was confusing at first, but then you see where the cops can come from and the fact that they decide it's too far away is exhilirating.

Wonder what jason could have done to the car at the very end though. Seemed like he had options, but short of grabbing someone out of the drivers seat mid-drive i don't see it. Maybe hack the wheels so it falls apart? But that'd take some strikes so...

The cars come across as a surefire way of getting away barring driving incompetence, hope jason has tools to deal with that particular element. The game should be over once they cross the border, not when the car is in motion imo

They clearly weren't showing off Jason to the best of their abilities. They wanted to make the match about how a counselor gets around. If Jason really gets surrounded like that though, he's got his teleport to get out of the circle and warp somewhere else to restrategize his attac.  

You gain fear being around jason/seeing him/seeing him kill, staying close and trying to piñata him gets you killed off, remember he slayed 5 counselors of 7 here and tommy came after some had died

So I've watched the video a few times and I have some questions and concerns regarding the gameplay footage. 

-The preppy guy's facial reaction to Jason seemed unnatural or improperly rigged, I'm wondering if that stuff still needs tweaks or what. 

-The counselors are really heavy breathers. The player counselors had audible breathing through the entire video and I don't know if that's tied to anything like his fear levels or what. 

-Jason seemed fairly weak, as he was constantly stumbling and getting his ass kicked. This might be because it's part 3 Jason though. Encounters with him were not that intense since he seemed easy to both escape and evade. 

-Having all the other counselors on the map kind of took away the fun of survival. I don't know if the walkie-talkie was connected but it just seems like communication and team-work is a lot easier than it should be for survival horror. 

-The latency was really bad, but this might be because most of the players were at Gun Media HQ as I saw Randy Greenback was playing. 

-Some counselors took a really big beating from Jason, I don't know if this due to their stats but it kind of seemed like they were unstoppable. 

-The person playing had a really jerky camera, but that just might be the person playing. 

-The shift effect for Jason is really, really terrible and annoying.

-Jason's run animation is terrible, it's more like he's jogging towards a friend not mercilessly chasing down prey.  

Overall it seemed like Counselors had the upper-hand over Jason. Without any kind of knowledge on how these Jason's or the Counselors work there's no real way to determine whether or not Jason is overpowered or under-powered.