lunyspacelord

What do you think it will take to actually kill Jason?

Stop theories please, Jason can die, YES, but it just that him is able to deal a lot of damage that is nearly impossible to kill him, ok?

it's not just damage him a ton that would be to easy youtubers i watched said one of them played jason and let them just sit there attacking him to see if it was just damaging him a ton that is not how you kill him

I don't think it was possible to kill Jason in the beta of it was they would have said so lol

Once the game comes out I will be playing on my Xbox One I will try to kill him in a private match who wants to try killing him with me?

they did say you could kill him in the beta they said it was very hard to do and very complicated so that way when the first person discoveres how to do it, it feels rewarding and it's a nice surprise      they wont tell us how

i think it will involve the stick and setting it on fire or something 

a lets player i watch tried that

I think it either involves tommy     or the moms head           or maybe both who knows

While they heven't come right out and said it, they have implied heavily that he could be killed in the beta. In a tweet they said their server analytics showed that nobody killed him. Why would they track something that wasn't possible? If it isn't in then of course nobody did it and there would be no reason to even bring that info up.

To bring up the hype plus if you watched the Q & A they said they wouldn't say if it was possible to kill him in the Beta so I will go with it being No you weren't able to look at it this way they could say yes you could kill him in the beta but it was a lie so when the game does come out you wouldn't bother trying all the ways you tried to kill him in the beta in the real game makes a lot of sense to me

If it was possible to kill him in the Beta then why did it never happen? They said it happened 1 in every 72 times for them.

If it was possible to kill him in the Beta then why did it never happen? They said it happened 1 in every 72 times for them.

Because it's a very specific set of events that need to happen and we have no idea what those events are. The people who know how it's done can only make it happen 1 in 75 games meaning those of us who have no clue how it's done will have a considerably less chance of even pulling it off. Again you don't track information for things you know aren't there to be tracked.

To bring up the hype plus if you watched the Q & A they said they wouldn't say if it was possible to kill him in the Beta so I will go with it being No you weren't able to look at it this way they could say yes you could kill him in the beta but it was a lie so when the game does come out you wouldn't bother trying all the ways you tried to kill him in the beta in the real game makes a lot of sense to me

That makes no sense at all. So they track non existent info for hype purposes? That's what you're going with?

So if people who made the game KNOW how to do it and yet still couldnt pull it off but 1 time in 75 (shiity odds) means its impossible for us to do it.

• Like 1

I agree with Death. If we were not able to kill Jason in the beta they would not have been tracking it. Why would they if he couldn't be killed? Doesn't make sense.

So if people who made the game KNOW how to do it and yet still couldnt pull it off but 1 time in 75 (shiity odds) means its impossible for us to do it.

Or damn near anyway. :)

they said they wont tell people so that it takes a while to figure out how and so its extra special for the people who figure out

I don't remember where in the Pax but they said they sold T tell you if you were able to kill Jason in the beta or not so if you could why didn't they say you

Could that's why I believe you weren't able too

I don't remember where in the Pax but they said they sold T tell you if you were able to kill Jason in the beta or not so if you could why didn't they say you

Could that's why I believe you weren't able too

They kept track of it during the beta. Why would they track something that wasn't possible to do?

They kept track of it during the beta. Why would they track something that wasn't possible to do?

How do you know they really did track it??????

The reason why they said that is if people did find a way to kill Jason they would rather you not try the ways you tried to kill Jason in the beta in the full game they want you to think of new ways to kill Jason and not try the ones you already did

It's like damn it everybody who played this game tried so many ways to kill him and none of them worked so you read everything that everybody tried and think of new ways to kill him and everybody does this and still you can't kill him so you go back thru the ways somebody already tried to kill Jason in the beta and it WORKED YOU KILLED JASON that's why I don't believe that it was possible to kill Jason in the beta

How do you know they really did track it??????

The reason why they said that is if people did find a way to kill Jason they would rather you not try the ways you tried to kill Jason in the beta in the full game they want you to think of new ways to kill Jason and not try the ones you already did

It's like damn it everybody who played this game tried so many ways to kill him and none of them worked so you read everything that everybody tried and think of new ways to kill him and everybody does this and still you can't kill him so you go back thru the ways somebody already tried to kill Jason in the beta and it WORKED YOU KILLED JASON that's why I don't believe that it was possible to kill Jason in the beta

Then why lie instead of just not saying anything at all? It makes no sense. Gamers like to call out devs for every little lie they ever tell. It would not be in their best interest to tell even one lie like this one.

Well if you could why didn't they say so when somebody asked them in the Q&A at Pax?

because they want to keep it a secret and let us figure it out so when we do it's satisfying once we do it without their help

because they want to keep it a secret and let us figure it out so when we do it's satisfying once we do it without their help

This is why. They don't want to even give hints to how it's done. Why would they come out with a definitive response? The only reason we know it was possible at all is because they let it slip that they were tracking it.

I've spent alot of time playing the Beta, and came up with a few ideas.

Firstly, we tried shooting a gas canister you can sometimes find on the map, the reason for this is that we thought an explosion would do a good job of permanently putting Jason down, nothing happened upon shooting the canister, so we moved on. Using brute force also does not work, while Jason does have a health bar which cannot be seen, nothing will happen after hitting him over, and over, and over again.

Jason will either be stunned or fall down when you hit him, this however is based on LUCK and by that I mean the luck your character has, I always play as Chad since I enjoyed trying to give Jason a bit of a duel, and sometimes I walked away and lived to tell the tale. Weapons deal more damage which lower his health, I believe his mask will come off at a certain point of hitting him, when his mask comes off; he is on low health.

Moving on, the next theory we had was attacking his Mother's head in the cabin, we thought this made sense since there is apparently a file called 'Sweater Kill' as to which his mother has one, and so does Chad. Additionally, when a survivor gets close to the cabin, Jason's Mother warns Jason about the intruder and tells Jason to stop the survivor from finding her. A final point to this was the fact that your character jumps in shock when you set eyes on the head and body, which makes it seem like it has more purpose. After several minutes of hitting the head, nothing happened and Jason has no exotic grab kills when near his mother's sweater, so this was the next theory to go down as a failure. We thought about running Jason over while he was knocked out, but that seemed too easy, so we avoided it. TO WRAP IT UP: I have one theory which I haven't tried, I've got a feeling that Tommy Jarvis is THE ONLY ONE who can kill Jason, purely because not only does it make it harder, but he is the only character that seems capable of doing so with his 10/10 stats in everything, kind of makes sense that the protagonist of the movies is the only one who can as well, right? Once you're Tommy, you need to lower Jason's health, knock his mask off and get a few more hits in, the shotgun does the most damage if you can pull it off.

Once Jason's health is low enough, you need to knock him down and use a weapon like a machete or an axe or maybe anything including the environment to get the kill (Apparently in the last 2 minutes a green light shows near the cemetary but I am yet to test this). It makes sense that when Jason has to press E/A to get up, his animation is locked and Tommy could go up to Jason, hit E and begin trying to decapitate Jason or bash his head in. I looked it up and alot of people believe the only way to kill Jason is to decapitate him, the problem isn't that he can't die, its just that in the movies he keeps coming back from different ways, people won't leave him alone. Another theory is the same thing but you pour gasoline on him while he is on the ground out cold by grabbing the fuel canister since that is something 1 person cannot hope to do by themselves. Hope you enjoyed the read!

I've spent alot of time playing the Beta, and came up with a few ideas.

Firstly, we tried shooting a gas canister you can sometimes find on the map, the reason for this is that we thought an explosion would do a good job of permanently putting Jason down, nothing happened upon shooting the canister, so we moved on. Using brute force also does not work, while Jason does have a health bar which cannot be seen, nothing will happen after hitting him over, and over, and over again.

Jason will either be stunned or fall down when you hit him, this however is based on LUCK and by that I mean the luck your character has, I always play as Chad since I enjoyed trying to give Jason a bit of a duel, and sometimes I walked away and lived to tell the tale. Weapons deal more damage which lower his health, I believe his mask will come off at a certain point of hitting him, when his mask comes off; he is on low health.

Moving on, the next theory we had was attacking his Mother's head in the cabin, we thought this made sense since there is apparently a file called 'Sweater Kill' as to which his mother has one, and so does Chad. Additionally, when a survivor gets close to the cabin, Jason's Mother warns Jason about the intruder and tells Jason to stop the survivor from finding her. A final point to this was the fact that your character jumps in shock when you set eyes on the head and body, which makes it seem like it has more purpose. After several minutes of hitting the head, nothing happened and Jason has no exotic grab kills when near his mother's sweater, so this was the next theory to go down as a failure. We thought about running Jason over while he was knocked out, but that seemed too easy, so we avoided it. TO WRAP IT UP: I have one theory which I haven't tried, I've got a feeling that Tommy Jarvis is THE ONLY ONE who can kill Jason, purely because not only does it make it harder, but he is the only character that seems capable of doing so with his 10/10 stats in everything, kind of makes sense that the protagonist of the movies is the only one who can as well, right? Once you're Tommy, you need to lower Jason's health, knock his mask off and get a few more hits in, the shotgun does the most damage if you can pull it off.

Once Jason's health is low enough, you need to knock him down and use a weapon like a machete or an axe or maybe anything including the environment to get the kill (Apparently in the last 2 minutes a green light shows near the cemetary but I am yet to test this). It makes sense that when Jason has to press E/A to get up, his animation is locked and Tommy could go up to Jason, hit E and begin trying to decapitate Jason or bash his head in. I looked it up and alot of people believe the only way to kill Jason is to decapitate him, the problem isn't that he can't die, its just that in the movies he keeps coming back from different ways, people won't leave him alone. Another theory is the same thing but you pour gasoline on him while he is on the ground out cold by grabbing the fuel canister since that is something 1 person cannot hope to do by themselves. Hope you enjoyed the read!

I don't think Tommy is the only one who can do it because it was going to be possible before he was even a thing. We actually came just shy of his stretch goal and we're lucky to have him at all.

I don't men to tell us how to do it but yes it was possible to kill him but no they said we won't tell you so if it was truly possible why wouldn't they just say yes you could have killed him but nobody was able to kill him that would have been better than just say we won't tell you if it was possible so that's why I believe you couldn't kill him in the beta

I don't men to tell us how to do it but yes it was possible to kill him but no they said we won't tell you so if it was truly possible why wouldn't they just say yes you could have killed him but nobody was able to kill him that would have been better than just say we won't tell you if it was possible so that's why I believe you couldn't kill him in the beta

they have said that you can kill him at both of the most recent pax panels when asked they both times have said yes and they said that they won't tell you how so they have said that you can so I don't even know what you are talking about they have literally said yes you can do it but your reply implies that they are just saying they won't tell us how

I've literally read the same question four times xD you don't know if they were actually tracking Jason's deaths, or the steps people could have taken to cause his death either. Why in the thousands of beta keys given was no one able to kill Jason. By trying on purpose or by sheer accident surely we would have seen something if they had been successful. Whether it's astronomically hard to do, or it wasn't possible at all in the beta we'll never really know for sure until someone's encountered it. It's best to just move on and leave some mystery for the full release ^_^

I've literally read the same question four times xD you don't know if they were actually tracking Jason's deaths, or the steps people could have taken to cause his death either. Why in the thousands of beta keys given was no one able to kill Jason. By trying on purpose or by sheer accident surely we would have seen something if they had been successful. Whether it's astronomically hard to do, or it wasn't possible at all in the beta we'll never really know for sure until someone's encountered it. It's best to just move on and leave some mystery for the full release ^_^

Well if we assume these guys aren't liars then we do know they were tracking it because they literally said "our server analytics show that no one did it." So either they were in fact tracking it or they are liars. I'm inclined to believe it's the former.

Well if we assume these guys aren't liars then we do know they were tracking it because they literally said "our server analytics show that no one did it." So either they were in fact tracking it or they are liars. I'm inclined to believe it's the former.

I don't think they're liars they seem to love this franchise and be as truthful with us as possible

I don't think they're liars they seem to love this franchise and be as truthful with us as possible

Exactly. Which is why I believe it was possible to kill Jason during the beta, since tracking that info would be pointless if it couldn't be done. Because obviously no one would be able to do it therefore no reason to even track it.

If you watch from 48:28 - 48:51

A guy asked if it was possible to kill Jason in the beta they said we won't talk about that we want it to be a secret

He didn't ask how to kill him but was it possible to kill him in the beta

So if they did say you could kill him in the beta why didn't they say Yes it was possible but nobody was able to kill him but nope they didn't say anything at all that's why I'm going with it wasn't even possible to kill Jason so when the game does come out I will try everything my me & my friends tried to kill Jason