Sign in to follow this  
Fatalfox

Play with friends in public lobbies?

I was wondering if anyone could give me a answer on if you can play with your friends in  public matches in the beta and full game on release? Dead by Daylight did not add this option for several months after release and you had no options to play with friends in any public lobbies where you could gain EXP. It would be nice if we didn't have to keep joining and rejoining lobbies constantly on the slim chance that we end up in the same lobbies as our friends. It would kind of defeat the purpose of having beta keys to give to your friends if you have no chance of playing with them except in private games where nothing matters.

Yes it is going to be an option in beta and on to full release I believe. Party size has not been talked about yet

Yes it is going to be an option in beta and on to full release I believe. Party size has not been talked about yet

Thanks that is good to know! I tried to look up if it was asked on the forums before but I couldnt seem to find it.

Thanks that is good to know! I tried to look up if it was asked on the forums before but I couldnt seem to find it.

No worries at all, they've been very hush about a lot of stuff we're going to be experiencing in the next few weeks. Another good place to check (especially here soon with beta) will be the F13 Reddit. Lots of info and people to play with there as well as here!

I was wondering if anyone could give me a answer on if you can play with your friends in  public matches in the beta and full game on release? Dead by Daylight did not add this option for several months after release and you had no options to play with friends in any public lobbies where you could gain EXP. It would be nice if we didn't have to keep joining and rejoining lobbies constantly on the slim chance that we end up in the same lobbies as our friends. It would kind of defeat the purpose of having beta keys to give to your friends if you have no chance of playing with them except in private games where nothing matters.

.....Wouldn't the fact that you play with friends be the thing that "matters"?

But yeah they've said that there is a party system being developed. Though i hope the groups for that is limited personally.

It'd be a good way to combat the fully stacked omniaudient teams. I get why you want to play with friends, but at the same side there's also too many advantages to it in a sense. limiting to groups of 3-4 should be top imo...

but i digress.

You will be able to play with friends in public lobbies during the beta on the full game release you will be able to play with friends in both public and private lobbies.

• Like 2

And I asked them about the whole killer thing, they said that you all have a chance to be the killer even if you're in a party with a friend online.

.....Wouldn't the fact that you play with friends be the thing that "matters"?

But yeah they've said that there is a party system being developed. Though i hope the groups for that is limited personally.

It'd be a good way to combat the fully stacked omniaudient teams. I get why you want to play with friends, but at the same side there's also too many advantages to it in a sense. limiting to groups of 3-4 should be top imo...

but i digress.

Haha well of course I didn't mean my friends don't matter! XD  

I more so meant a game where you can play with friends but can't find them to play with except in off the record games would kind of defeat the purpose is all hehe. I am very happy to hear we can group up though!

Haha well of course I didn't mean my friends don't matter! XD

I more so meant a game where you can play with friends but can't find them to play with except in off the record games would kind of defeat the purpose is all hehe. I am very happy to hear we can group up though!

Yeah, I kind of hope that in the full release that we'll still be able to earn xp in private games unlike Dead by Daylight, as I kind of don't like playing with randoms very often.

Yeah, I kind of hope that in the full release that we'll still be able to earn xp in private games unlike Dead by Daylight, as I kind of don't like playing with randoms very often.

the problem with that is you can easily farm xp with friends in a private game. 

the problem with that is you can easily farm xp with friends in a private game. 

So what? It's all rather trivial in the long run anyway. Why shouldn't my friends and I be able to play and earn XP without dealing with the annoying masses?