Sign in to follow this  
ResolutionBlaze

Pamela uses Necromancy?

i think it would be awesome to see Pamela Voorhees in the 1979 crystal lake Map. it might be cool to show Pamla voorhees living quarters cabin in the game.

In the "New Line Cinema Canon," Pamela used the Necronomicon to resurrect Jason. I would suspect the story goes that Pamela used the book, but to her it appeared that it did not work so she gave it up and decided kill the counselors and later poison the lake water to prevent the camp from being reopened again. At some point in time the book was somehow returned to its original resting place in the ruins of Lord Arthur's castle from Army of Darkness, where Professor Knowby found it and took it to the cabin in Tennessee to translate it with his wife. Then after the events of Evil Dead 1/2, and Army of Darkness, the book once again found its way back into the Voorhees family home, but also simultaneously Ash had the book for safe keeping up until Ash vs Evil Dead. Maybe the book has "time duplicates" because of time travel...

6 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

NO the necromancy idea is stupid. but pamela voorhees needs to be in the game

Was that in reference to me? I said "in new line cinema canon." I didn't say she used necromancy in the old movies as if the idea was always there.

no im not calling you stupid. i just was saying in general that i could see her in this multiplayer game but this game doesent go into deep detail of characters like that and the platform isnt set up like that for this game. i think its cool that you understand the back story of pamela voorhees and the necromancy idea.but any kind of spells or witchcraft i just dont think belongs in friday the 13th games or movies.

Pamela did not use dark magic, but she did have some sort of supernatural connection with her son.

He drowned,survived,then went berserk when he saw Alice kill her.

Jason was supernatural from the moment of conception.

Let's add Pamela to the game!: 

On 12/6/2016 at 5:26 PM, Nothingface said:

I actually like the idea of Pam being a unintentional necromancer as it helps one of the biggest plot holes in the entire F13 series.

Jason was thought to have drowned in the lake, but survived somehow... but NEVER returned to his mother in over 20 years? That's the 1-8 explanation... and its a poor one.

But if you think about her using the necronomicon suddenly a few things start to make sense.

She's grief stricken. to get her son back, X amount of time later finds a copy of uses a random spell in the necronomicon, It brings Jason back to life but damns his soul or something along those lines. However... he was raised at crystal lake.

She is full of rage about hearing that the camp is reopening and goes to crystal lake, Friday the 13th part one happens.

The rest of the movies unfold as written. This would also more easily explain how he was resurrected again by the lightning strike in part 6. He was already damned in the first place.

at the end of the day Jason Goes to Hell was a BAD F13 movie but it came up with a cool idea on how to put together some puzzle pieces about his history.

Yeah that is how I understand it. Even though she brought him back She still went back to avenge the orginal death. Also Pamela was obviously quite insane a hallmark of people that have used the necronomicon. I think people try to hard to explain why this theory is wrong when just glancing at it there are things that make it make sense.

Another thing  a lot of people just connect the necronomicon with just the evil dead, It is a H.P. Lovecraft creation and can just appear where ever. Just because Evil Dead and Friday used the necronomicon does not mean it has to be the same way. That book has many versions and many spells so it is not a big deal. It also does not mean Ash is coming after or would ever even know about Jason. Basically it is just A evil book created by malevalent edler gods to spread maddness, mayhem, and murder is a fine footnote in Jasons mythology.  And think about it if Jason is fueled by a dreaming elder god him coming back is a good thing. Other wise the elder god woke up.

What bugs me is people are able to just accept that stupid jason gets turned back into a child in the sewers of new your with toxic waste crap, But necromancy the occult thats to much. In a series about a killer that keeps coming back from the dead to kill people. Check that hypocrytical crap at the door. We don't get to decide canon they did with the release of their films. Being that they never declared any of the films not canon they are canon. 

On 12/5/2016 at 7:39 PM, TheFinalGay said:

I like Jason Goes to Hell! But not as an F13th movie.

I like Friday the 13th! But not as a Friday the 13th movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I like Friday the 13th! But not as a Friday the 13th movie.

I like movies! But not as much as movies!

Here's how i see it. 

Part 1 is the equivalent of a standalone prequel. 

Part 2 connects parts 1 & 3, but is more connected to Part 1 than anything.

Parts 3 & 4 are Jason: Generation 1 and the start of the series. 

Part 5 is a failed experiment and can be disregarded, as in it could be retconned out of the series. 

Part 6 is the start of Jason: Generation 2 and, essentially, a Friday the 13th soft-reboot.

Part 7 was conceptually too ambitious and technically flawed, but it established (what I consider) the definitive Jason, due to Kane's performance. 

Part 8 was terribly flawed, with the exception of Jason's portrayal. 

Part 9 falls into the "failed experiment" category and also could be retconned out of the series.

Part 10 has nothing really wrong with it. It all depends how tight someone is with the concepts of Jason and Friday the 13th. It was a very ambitious experiment and it succeeded. It's easy to shit on it because it used the cliche of "in space", but it didn't do it with disrespect. My main focus of this series is watching Jason do his thing, and in Jason X, he did it (maybe) better than all the other movies. 

FvJ is fan service, but leans more towards Freddy on that end. 

The 2009 remake was a forgettable bump in the road.

And Never Hike Alone was really good, and very satisfying to watch as a fan of Jason. 

Regardless of how the series started, for me, (and probably most others) the mythos of the series is only there to garnish the main course, which is Jason...with the hockey mask....preferably undead. (it doesn't feel right calling him a zombie). 

JGTH would be a decent movie as long as you try to think its not a F13th movie.

Jason X is something I cannot stand. Its like they ran out of ideas and asked a little kid to write something up for them. "Hey, lets turn Jason into a power ranger." Lol.

In the next film it's going to be an origin story with pamela and jason,  covering why jason cannot be killed because of a curse connected with Pamela's use of witchcraft. 

https://geektyrant.com/news/jason-voorhees-confirmed-to-be-a-deadite-from-the-evil-dead

If you take part 9 as canon, then yes Jason is a deadite, and Pamela used the Necromicon to bring him back. 

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/261167/exclusive-jason-goes-hell-retrospective-documentary-announced/

Also there is a documentary being made just about JGTH. 

• Thanks 1

Having the Necronomicon appear in JGTH doesn't have to mean Jason is a Deadite, in fact quite the opposite. When Jason is blown up at the beginning of JGTH, that would essentially be the end of Jason if he was a Deadite as dismemberment is the go-to way to kill one. The Necronomicon is both a MacGuffin device as well as a Deus Ex Machina, depending on what story it's being used for. In Army of Darkness it's used as a MacGuffin, carrot on the end of the stick for Ash's hero's journey, it's never explained HOW Arthur's people would use it to combat the dead, just something they simply needed Ash to retrieve for them and his ticket home. In other stories it's absolutely used as Deus Ex Machina, it's employed for numerous purposes throughout Ash Vs Evil Dead and can be used to effect a number of different outcomes. Since it's uses are never fully explained it's uses are endless. Pamela could have used an incantation that requires 10 blood sacrifices to restore Jason not only to life but fully grown and unknowingly became the 10th blood sacrifice when she failed to kill Alice and was beheaded. The Book of the Dead could offer limitless options on how to resurrect a person in any number of different scenarios, but Occam's razor suggests that both the book and knife showing up in JGTH are simply Easter Eggs, same as Freddy's Glove showing up in Evil Dead, same as any number of things showing up in Waxwork II. Fun little nods to other franchises, not an intricate web connecting these stories, but still fun to ponder.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2016 at 10:18 PM, TheFinalGay said:

It all depends on if you think Jason Goes to Hell is canon. I don't think it is

Me, either. That movie is dogshit.

I like the JGTH Jason design, however. But yeah, that movie never happened.

In November 2017, Marcus, the film's director revealed that an overlooked plot-point of the movie is that Jason Voorhees is actually connected to the Evil Dead franchise. The filmmaker stated, “[Pamela Voorhees] makes a deal with the devil by reading from the Necronomicon to bring back her son. This is why Jason isn’t Jason. He’s Jason plus The Evil Dead, and now I can believe that he can go from a little boy that lives in a lake, to a full grown man in a couple of months, to Zombie Jason, to never being able to kill this guy. That, to me, is way more interesting as a mashup, and Raimi loved it! It’s not like I could tell New Line my plan to include The Evil Dead, because they don’t own The Evil Dead. So it had to be an Easter egg, and I did focus on it…there’s a whole scene that includes the book, and I hoped people would get it and could figure out that’s what I’m up to. So yes, in my opinion, Jason Voorhees is a Deadite. He’s one of The Evil Dead.”[

So it really just depends on if you consider JGTH canon.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 5:36 AM, The80s said:

I refuse to acknowledge either JGTH or JX as F13th movies. My marathon ends at 8. 

Lol. It's funny because X is faaaaaaaar superior to 8. 5 too.

Here is a question. Who threw Brenda through the window at Alice Hardy? It wasn't Pamela she didn't have enough strength to beat Alice in a fight to the death.

On 12/5/2016 at 9:18 PM, TheFinalGay said:

It all depends on if you think Jason Goes to Hell is canon. I don't think it is, but I believe in the movie the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis can be seen in the Voorhees house.

I think that's why people say that she's the one that originally resurrected Jason

On 12/5/2016 at 9:32 PM, The Arrogant Man said:

Yes if you consider JGTH canon. Unfortunately, I do. But in my head, she isn't. It kinda defeats the purpose of having Pamela as just a normal grieving mother who SNAPPED! And Jason is so much more badass when he's a feral, survivalist, psycho retard turned undead, rather than some sort of child resurrected back into the body of a man for some reason. In other words, yes. Pamela is a necromancer.

On 12/6/2016 at 3:48 AM, KyuKit said:

I see a lot of people referencing Jason Goes To Hell, however I believe the necromancy is more of a reference to Friday the 13th (NES) as Pamela was able to be fought as a secret boss where she is just a undead flying head. It may also be a reference to the novels and comics, where a couple involve Pamela ends up coming back and possessing people to help Jason. Those example's both involve her coming back from the dead, none of them really well explained. It's possible it's just the fact she keeps coming back despite her demise that leads to said suggestion of Necromancy.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:38 PM, Darrin Howard said:

necromany has to do with going to a cemetery and evoking spirits into a dead body.i agree that friday the 13th should have an occultic supernatural twist.jason makes an altar in his run down cabin in friday the 13th part 2.it would be cool to see the darker elementals keep him alive.maybe jason learned some low elemental magick witchcraft from his mother.hes not that retarted because he cleverly kills people.maybe demons in the waters of crystal lake raised him up to stay alive and bring blood offerings to them.real dark black magic occult groups like THE ORDER OF NINE ANGLES.really kill other people to spirits.during an evocation of a GOETIA DEMON in old times people would be offered.MOLOCH Worship.or its called RAJO WITCHCRAFT.When i was in jail there was a black pastor that said he went to prison for murder and got out.but while he was in prison there was a man that had been killing people to spirits and in his cell he was sticking pins or something in his finger tips and causing things to move and causing the other prisoners to get scared.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned this... obviously something supernatural is going on with Jason and his mother. What I’m referring to is when a counselor goes into Jason’s shack his mother warns him that they’re coming for her. Jason hearing his mothers voice is not too big of a deal because he could just be imagining it. However, as soon as she is able to alert him of people entering his home that implies that either he is able to detect when people enter his territory and he just imagines his mother’s voice warning him OR his mother is actually talking to him! If it’s the latter than I’d say that it’s indeed very likely that she practiced some sort of occult rituals and such. 

I Know it would be awesome to have pamela voorhees in the game.this game is too small for a back story of witchcraft or anything like that.most of the movies never had spells or witchcraft.i think pamela voorhees is just a killer.

5 hours ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

I Know it would be awesome to have pamela voorhees in the game.this game is too small for a back story of witchcraft or anything like that.most of the movies never had spells or witchcraft.i think pamela voorhees is just a killer.

She started everything. Without her Jason wouldn't be alive. (She was a silent killer)