Is been a long time since the last update and bug fix, i really want to see Black Tower working on a new update, and most important, balance, devs pls, the game needs a lot of bug fixes and balance

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MisterLunacy said:

Is been a long time since the last update and bug fix, i really want to see Black Tower working on a new update, and most important, balance, devs pls, the game needs a lot of bug fixes and balance

In only two more days... the last update will have been one month ago. Normally, we were getting a patch every month or so... except for when they threw all resources into the engine upgrade... then it was a bit longer.
   Black Tower is fairly new and the next patch will be their first... give them a bit of time to get used to the coding in the game. They did not code it. It may be a while longer before we see their first patch, but I would rather they take their time and do it correctly. No one wants another patch that screws up the game more than it fixes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MisterLunacy said:

Got to agree with @Ahab, a good patch is better than new problems. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MisterLunacy said:

Give the team time to get things fixed. Rushing such work will give us a ton of new bugs and issues. I'd rather wait for a quality update. It will come.

• Like 1

The new update(s) might happen. A new game was announced today...to me, that means lesser focus on this game. 

• Like 1

Layers of Fear 2. They are working with Bloober Team. They announced it on Twitter. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

The new update(s) might happen. A new game was announced today...to me, that means lesser focus on this game. 

I hope they dont lose focus... We really need a patch to fix these damn bugs and other stuff. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JustAVampire said:

I hope they dont lose focus... We really need a patch to fix these damn bugs and other stuff. 

I agree with you. I would like for this game to play flawlessly. Yet, that news/with a small team...let’s see what happens. 

@Brian76, they started on that game earlier this year, it was originally called Project Melies. The announcement of the name change shouldn’t effect maintenance on Friday the 13th. 

• Thanks 1

Guys the game is fragile due to very incompetent development from the previous team. A little change will fix one issue and create 3-4 more.
I think we will never have a proper bug fix because it seems that the problems are in the structure of the code and changing that would require a huuge effort. 
This is what happen when you don't fix bugs properly from the beginning but find easy workarounds to solve issues (e.g. you have problem watching the map while climbing the window -> you don't solve that problem but just don't make it possible to watch map).

I have to confess that I'm hoping that next update will happen as far as possible, or never. At least now the game is playable.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 7:20 PM, Brian76 said:

Updates will come as they deem necessary. As to when and the quality of the updates, only time will tell.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:34 PM, JustAVampire said:

Give them time. The fixes will come.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:44 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Brian76, they started on that game earlier this year, it was originally called Project Melies. The announcement of the name change shouldn’t effect maintenance on Friday the 13th. 

I agree. A name change of their new project won't change anything that's already in motion.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:10 AM, BillyBallo said:

Guys the game is fragile due to very incompetent development from the previous team. A little change will fix one issue and create 3-4 more.
I think we will never have a proper bug fix because it seems that the problems are in the structure of the code and changing that would require a huuge effort. 
This is what happen when you don't fix bugs properly from the beginning but find easy workarounds to solve issues (e.g. you have problem watching the map while climbing the window -> you don't solve that problem but just don't make it possible to watch map).

I have to confess that I'm hoping that next update will happen as far as possible, or never. At least now the game is playable.

The game has always been playable. A bug here and there may make it harder to bear at times, but playing is still possible. I wouldn't discourage updates, as a future update could fix some of the major problems.

People have four options:

1. Play the game (despite the bugs) and cope with it as it is.

2. Play the game (despite the bugs) and voice your discontent.

3. Take a break from the game, and come back from time to time and see if things have improved.

4. Give up on the game, and uninstall it.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:10 AM, BillyBallo said:

Quite a few different things can cause bugs to happen... Remember the A.I. bug on that aliens game... no one could fix it for years... then it was discovered the entire problem was cause by an extra "A" in a single word. It is now fixed. I cannot name a game that is bug free... can you?
    You cannot say a different team will do the exact same type of job as the last team without seeing their work first hand... That would be like claiming you can see the future. They have not released a patch for this game yet. And I hope they take their time and do it properly.

As far as not being able to look at the map when climbing through a window or in any other animation... I did not like that at first either, but it is far more realistic. Try looking at your map while setting up a bear trap or climbing through a window in real life... let me know how that works out for you... That was a joke... do not try this at home, I would not want to see you hurt yourself. This is pretty far from game breaking and forces you to look at the map as you would... in real life.
    I have no problem with no being able to look at a map while in an animation... more realism in a game makes it better, not worse. When I point this out, I usually get a reply of... you know this is a game right?... Well, duh! of course its a freakin' game... and more realism will make it better. Next it will be o.k. to add a disintegration gun or a flying car into the mix... after all... its only a game... right? If you want less realism... then pong may be the way to go... or perhaps, Pac Man.

They're planning on continuing bug fix and balance patches as well as reworking the perk roll system. But I don't know how long that's gonna take.

47 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Quite a few different things can cause bugs to happen... Remember the A.I. bug on that aliens game... no one could fix it for years... then it was discovered the entire problem was cause by an extra "A" in a single word. It is now fixed. I cannot name a game that is bug free... can you?
    You cannot say a different team will do the exact same type of job as the last team without seeing their work first hand... That would be like claiming you can see the future. They have not released a patch for this game yet. And I hope they take their time and do it properly.

As far as not being able to look at the map when climbing through a window or in any other animation... I did not like that at first either, but it is far more realistic. Try looking at your map while setting up a bear trap or climbing through a window in real life... let me know how that works out for you... That was a joke... do not try this at home, I would not want to see you hurt yourself. This is pretty far from game breaking and forces you to look at the map as you would... in real life.
    I have no problem with no being able to look at a map while in an animation... more realism in a game makes it better, not worse. When I point this out, I usually get a reply of... you know this is a game right?... Well, duh! of course its a freakin' game... and more realism will make it better. Next it will be o.k. to add a disintegration gun or a flying car into the mix... after all... its only a game... right? If you want less realism... then pong may be the way to go... or perhaps, Pac Man.

The map isn’t for our characters benefit, it’s for us. The councelors already know the camp. They don’t need a map. The “more realistic” argument doesn’t wash for me because we aren’t playing from their point of view, we are playing from a third person perspective. 

The next update will have the following thanks to Miller and Horror Inc. settling!

- New Perk system

- Uber Jason

- Bug Fixes and balance changes

- Grendel Xmas 2019

- NES Jason over Summer 2019

- Dr. Crews, Reggie the Reckless and Tina Shepherd (new hero) coming October 2019

• Like 2

I agree with @Ahab. We don't want a rushed mess. Though an idea of what is being worked on would be nice.

12 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The next update will have the following thanks to Miller and Horror Inc. settling!

- New Perk system

- Uber Jason

- Grendel Xmas 2019

- NES Jason over Summer 1019

- Dr. Crews, Reggie the Reckless and Tina Shepherd (new hero) coming October 2019

Don't say that. People will think you're serious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

The map isn’t for our characters benefit, it’s for us. The councelors already know the camp. They don’t need a map. The “more realistic” argument doesn’t wash for me because we aren’t playing from their point of view, we are playing from a third person perspective. 

You are assuming that these counselors have been here before, or been here long enough to know the maps as well as us players do. Many of them would need a map... but this is also assuming that counselor knows how to use one... Many more people in the 80's could use maps than can today.
    Just using the movies as an example here... the only people in Part 1 that knew the area at all would have been Steve Christie, Pamela... and perhaps Ralph. In Part 2, everyone just arrived... only Paul even knew anything about the area. In Part 3... it did not appear that any of Chris Higgin's friends had ever been there before, even her good friend Debbie had to ask "Where is the bed.".... If the counselors in game knew anything about the area... most of them would have chosen a camp far from this place to get a job at. Hope you get my point.

Realism works for some things, and for others it throws balance out the window. We use the map for different things than the counselor would be using it for (if they were real). They would not be using it to find a part in the woods... or see where anyone else is... The only thing realistic about map use is the one point that we cannot use it while doing something else now... This is far from game breaking and helps players that immerse themselves in the gameplay with their immersion. You still have your mini map to consult (also not realistic).

Also... third person view in a game is still POV without having to look through their eyes... and also makes combat such as it is done in this game far easier than when you try this kind of thing in 1st person view. The third person view gives a more realistic representation of your surroundings than a 1st person view can ever hope to accomplish... the only unrealistic thing about it is that you can see your own back without a mirror. Either way, you are controlling the counselor you are playing... which makes it their point of view, no matter which view of the character you are playing... so your argument against having a few thing made more realistic when possible "because we aren't playing from their point of view" does not wash with me. Just whose perspective do you figure we are playing from?

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

You cannot say a different team will do the exact same type of job as the last team without seeing their work first hand... 

Ha colonial Marines, yeah I read about that fix. A lot of that game was outsourced which could've added to problems

That's what this game feels like a bit to me, not saying it was, but chunks may of been outsourced. 

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

- New Perk system

- Uber Jason

- Grendel Xmas 2019

It would be pretty damn dope if this wasn't sarcasm.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

- New Perk system

- Uber Jason

- Grendel Xmas 2019

Don't forget the lingerie pack. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kohagan said:

Ha colonial Marines, yeah I read about that fix. A lot of that game was outsourced which could've added to problems

That's what this game feels like a bit to me, not saying it was, but chunks may of been outsourced. 

That was the game I was thinking of... thanks. Although outsourcing could have been a problem, the error screwing up the A.I. in that game can only be put on the guy that typed in that extra "A". It is after all, something that could be very easy to miss.

Who knows what the issues with this game are all about... bugs and glitches can be caused by errors like this... or conflict with another line of code... or a bunch of other crap. Hopefully Black tower figures it out. Its always better to do the job correctly the first time... instead of the work needing to be fixed later. But doing the job correctly takes time, and rushing it is never recommended... that's how mistakes slip by you. And going back to fix it after the fact takes... more time than it would have taken to do it right the first time.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

- New Perk system

- Uber Jason

- Grendel Xmas 2019

Honestly possible tbh.