MisterLunacy

Is Jason too easy to kill?

I have killed Jason upwards of 500 times and that isn't an exaggeration. Sure some were bad, but the kill squad I was in even killed what are considered to be the top Jasons on PS4, and while those are never "easy" kills, they aren't necessarily hard. If Tommy is called, Jason should be dead 10/10 times. It is far too easy. I don't even bother killing Jason anymore and prefer to survive the night for an actual challenge.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:27 PM, PARTVI said:

The biggest problem is councelors in groups. There is really no counter, there needs to be a 360 attack or something.

tumblr_mufwopDwHc1sh3xeyo1_500.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

tumblr_mufwopDwHc1sh3xeyo1_500.gif

LOL, but instead, Jason feels like he is in Stun lock forever....

q1.gif

Jason is very easy to kill mostly if you know where to hit.

- Thrasher with buggzy can instant demask

- intended cars animation to demask him 

- Though windows

- bodyblock in a small room in case of grab kill

I think a little more health and faster grab / block will help a little, right now block is slower than usual and will be probably be fixed in next patch hopefully.

Yes, he is. 

You'll probably want to skip to the last few minutes, since I got killed early and left the spectator view on one person until I respawned as Tommy.

In a nutshell, when I killed Jason in this clip everyone else was dead except sweater-girl. We didn't use mics, messages, or any other form of communication, yet still managed to get the kill.

You could argue that the Jason was inexperienced/sucked/etc... but that's not the issue. When two uncoordinated counselors can create an on-the-spot-make-shit-up-as-we-go-along plan and it actually succeeds, it's too easy.

5 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Yes, he is. 

You'll probably want to skip to the last few minutes, since I got killed early and left the spectator view on one person until I respawned as Tommy.

In a nutshell, when I killed Jason in this clip everyone else was dead except sweater-girl. We didn't use mics, messages, or any other form of communication, yet still managed to get the kill.

You could argue that the Jason was inexperienced/sucked/etc... but that's not the issue. When two uncoordinated counselors can create an on-the-spot-make-shit-up-as-we-go-along plan and it actually succeeds, it's too easy.

Well you don't really need communication to get the kill if both parties know what to do. That said, he is too easy to kill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Well you don't really need communication to get the kill if both parties know what to do. That said, he is too easy to kill.

He needs a SERIOUS buff, and I think giving it to his mask would be the best way to do it. It should not be possible to demask him in 1-2 hits (as it currently is). Demasking means Jason can now be successfully killed, and it was NEVER meant to be so easy to do. Don't forget that the people that actually made the game said themselves that they could only accomplish it in about one out of every 75 games.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

He needs a SERIOUS buff, and I think giving it to his mask would be the best way to do it. It should not be possible to demask him in 1-2 hits (as it currently is). Demasking means Jason can now be successfully killed, and it was NEVER meant to be so easy to do. Don't forget that the people that actually made the game said themselves that they could only accomplish it in about one out of every 75 games.

That was the case, until how to kill Jason was made the worst kept secret.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Like I said, it is too easy. Though I don't think he needs more then a few minor changes to fix the issue. 

13 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That was the case, until how to kill Jason was made the worst kept secret.

Yeah once it got out how to kill him the jig was up.

Like any objective, it's much harder to kill him when Jason bothers to trap the shack. An organized kill team will still get the job done of course but you don't see too many of those in QP. Some Jasons don't even bother morphing to the shack when you enter and that makes the kill ridiculously easy if the Tommy is competent. Trapping the Tommy radio house power generator is also effective if you don't get someone like me spawning right near it. It is so damned irritating that Tommy is almost never called on the rare occasion when I die early. Seriously, don't people realize that even if Jason does find them during the call there's a decent chance they'll come back as the game's strongest character?

19 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Like I said, it is too easy. Though I don't think he needs more then a few minor changes to fix the issue. 

Yeah once it got out how to kill him the jig was up.

I agree with the fixes. Jason needs a few tweaks to make himself truly feared again. I still look forward to that day.

17 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Like any objective, it's much harder to kill him when Jason bothers to trap the shack. An organized kill team will still get the job done of course but you don't see too many of those in QP. Some Jasons don't even bother morphing to the shack when you enter and that makes the kill ridiculously easy if the Tommy is competent. Trapping the Tommy radio house power generator is also effective if you don't get someone like me spawning right near it. It is so damned irritating that Tommy is almost never called on the rare occasion when I die early. Seriously, don't people realize that even if Jason does find them during the call there's a decent chance they'll come back as the game's strongest character?

I've noticed in QP quite often, Jason doesn't bother to trap objectives, especially if a kill squad is on the prowl. He saves the traps and uses them to break up the lynch mob that comes chasing after him. It's not textbook strategy, but I get why some people play that way.