Jump to content
wes

Discussion: Rolling Perks

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Definitely.

If it happens, marshmallows and beer by the campfire. My treat. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

If it happens, marshmallows and beer by the campfire. My treat. 😎

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @mattshotcha, thanks brother.

Could we get a bit of confirmation, on the perk rework. I want to know if the individual perks will be looked at/modified or wether only the chance of getting a better one, is the plan. I was going to go through the list again but if it’s only the RNG that’s changing there isn’t much point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would need to be a bit further down the line as we haven't fully detailed what can be done vs what we'd like to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

That would need to be a bit further down the line as we haven't fully detailed what can be done vs what we'd like to do.

Good to know it’s still being discussed, not trying to pressure you but I gotta say, I’m hoping you decide to go for more. 

I really do think that the team has been doing a good job lately, and would like to keep this momentum going. Let me know if there’s anything we can do on the forum end. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something is up with this Im a 150 last night rolled 100k cp and got one purple.....seems like the laws of probability would kick in at some point

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SouthernMan said:

Something is up with this Im a 150 last night rolled 100k cp and got one purple.....seems like the laws of probability would kick in at some point

 

This is why they’re looking into changing it, I’m 150 too, spent about a quarter million CP so far and have only got legendary Psychic. Other people have gotten Legendary perks at between 10k and 15k. The RNG aspect of it is the primary thing that will be tweaked, if you read through Matt’s and my brief conversation above you’ll know that other things may change but it hasn’t been decided yet.

Save that CP till after the re-work, and hey, depending on which purple you got it might be the only one you need. 

Edit - While your here, do you got any suggestions on improving any perks, Southernman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the increased perk chance weekend I remember i was getting a legendary about every 15k spent. I also got a shit ton of epics. before that event I think the best perk i was playing with was a rare. now i have all epics and about 10 legendarys. Perk rolling is so boring though. not much of a difference between epic and legendary to make me want to endure that pain of rolling again to get all legendarys. 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how the sense avoidance and stealth type perks work? I'm asking insofar as RNG being involved, is there a radius/distance limiting Jason, what might 10/10 composure or 10/10 stealth is in regard to full potential (is that half way there?). Anyways it might help making suggestions. Or maybe how it's reduced for a counselor while Jason is in rage, or how much sense for him is boosted.

If anyone knows or maybe @mattshotcha could chime in. Unless this is all top secret. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Does anyone know how the sense avoidance and stealth type perks work? I'm asking insofar as RNG being involved, is there a radius/distance limiting Jason, what might 10/10 composure or 10/10 stealth is in regard to full potential (is that half way there?). Anyways it might help making suggestions. Or maybe how it's reduced for a counselor while Jason is in rage, or how much sense for him is boosted.

If anyone knows or maybe @mattshotcha could chime in. Unless this is all top secret. 

Let me try and get some more clarity on this. I don't want to misrepresent how those attributes work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 8:47 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

This is why they’re looking into changing it, I’m 150 too, spent about a quarter million CP so far and have only got legendary Psychic. Other people have gotten Legendary perks at between 10k and 15k. The RNG aspect of it is the primary thing that will be tweaked, if you read through Matt’s and my brief conversation above you’ll know that other things may change but it hasn’t been decided yet.

Save that CP till after the re-work, and hey, depending on which purple you got it might be the only one you need. 

Edit - While your here, do you got any suggestions on improving any perks, Southernman?

I say make them more practical and suited to the new gameplay after the update. Restful is huge. Im finding my old perks like suckerpunch,thick skin less practical. I just wish when they would hit the percentages for the new perks remove the - penalty. Some of them nearly cancel eachother out. If it improves one stat why must it hurt another? Are they aware of the meaning of the work perk and or perks? There is no negative conotation unless we are discussing white priviledge. I always thought it would be cool to have a perk set that if you jacked up repair it would make no failure noise for jason. Epic Repair and grease monkey stealth? lol. I know nothing John Snow

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SouthernMan said:

I say make them more practical and suited to the new gameplay after the update. Restful is huge. Im finding my old perks like suckerpunch,thick skin less practical. I just wish when they would hit the percentages for the new perks remove the - penalty. Some of them nearly cancel eachother out. If it improves one stat why must it hurt another? Are they aware of the meaning of the work perk and or perks? There is no negative conotation unless we are discussing white priviledge. I always thought it would be cool to have a perk set that if you jacked up repair it would make no failure noise for jason. Epic Repair and grease monkey stealth? lol. I know nothing John Snow

 

Sucker Punch is still useful for making Jason kneel for the kill, as for Thick Skin escaping through broken window in the late game is often required so I think it’s still a very good perk. 

Glad you’re experimenting with other perks if those aren’t working as well for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can certain perks get some reworks to make them more viable? For example;

- Lightfoot: You make less noise when walking, jogging and sprinting (Currently only works when sprinting). Which is only useful for AJ.

- Tinker: Makes repair QTE windows slightly bigger (Currently all it does is speed up the repair wheel which gives you less time to react to QTEs).

- Lone wolf should get a better effect or greater fear resistance.

- Potent Ranger should get reworked as well.

- Pyro: Should let you start the match with a flare gun and the Jason spotting effect should be a side benefit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike-hannigan said:

Can certain perks get some reworks to make them more viable? For example;

- Lightfoot: You make less noise when walking, jogging and sprinting (Currently only works when sprinting). Which is only useful for AJ.

- Tinker: Makes repair QTE windows slightly bigger (Currently all it does is speed up the repair wheel which gives you less time to react to QTEs).

- Lone wolf should get a better effect or greater fear resistance.

- Potent Ranger should get reworked as well.

- Pyro: Should let you start the match with a flare gun and the Jason spotting effect should be a side benefit. 

I like these suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...