@wes Here my new found ideas

• Potent Ranger : is fine as he is it but, add an increased chance to be selected or faster radio reponse time.
  • Easy Listening : allow us to repair Radio.
  • Heavy Mover : increase barricading speed and increase hit required to break down doors by 1.
  • Controlled Breathing : Same as now but with increase speed to getting in and out from closet.
  • Grinder : increase xp gain from 5% to 10% .
  • Heavy sleeper : same Controlled Breathing increase speed to getting in and out from sleeping bag.
  • Sneaky : remove increased speed to getting in and out from hiding spot and replace it with no sound when vaulting.

----- Here below a list of perks that might  or not change meta -----

• Medic : Here is a idea i've readed about, You can either heal two times from the first med spray or heal yourself and allies each once per med spray.
  • Heavy Hitter : increase stun time on all weapon instead of bats only.

Placeholder perks 

• Aquanaut and Quiet swimmer i like them but there is no much reason to go in the water maybe adding a part on the small island on higgins haven  and packanack small will increase the use. You can also make the boat spawn on the island of higgins haven when there is no shack.
  • Pyro : i suggest to increase spot time  from 20% to 45-50% and increased range of detection with it maybe.
  • Adrenaline Rush : grant no stamina comsumption after breaking free for 3sec plus actual stamina boost.

Additionnal suggestion for perks

• Potent Ranger : You can increase chance to spawn as Tommy and/or faster radio interraction with the base damage bonus.
  • Easy Listening : You can either increase radios on each map or allow us to repair them.

Wishlist

I also want some change for the total perks we can own as for now we can only carry 30 perks of 45.

Regarding Legendary perks, I don't care for the extra stat they, legendaries should be max value with no drawback. I can't tell you hoe many of my epics perks are better than their legendary counterparts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nougat said:

Regarding Legendary perks, I don't care for the extra stat they, legendaries should be max value with no drawback. I can't tell you hoe many of my epics perks are better than their legendary counterparts.

Definitely agree with you here. It's always just a sad feeling when you roll a legendary and you have a stronger epic version. 

Perhaps to offset this the percentage caps could be raised on the legendary perks. Not substantially. As an example I believe the max percentage on Sucker Punch is 25%. Maybe make the legendary version have a minimum of 25% with a 28% cap.

12 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Definitely agree with you here. It's always just a sad feeling when you roll a legendary and you have a stronger epic version. 

Perhaps to offset this the percentage caps could be raised on the legendary perks. Not substantially. As an example I believe the max percentage on Sucker Punch is 25%. Maybe make the legendary version have a minimum of 25% with a 28% cap.

Legendary thrasher adds enough damage resistance to put you almost to thick skin. Even 1% damage resistance allows me to tank a bear trap without limping, crawl through a few more broken windows, take an extra throwing knife, take an extra hit or 2 from a normal weapon strength Jason. 

I'm pretty sure the legendary bonuses are all better than they seem to be. Unfortunately the positive effects don't stack up. But the negative effects of all the perks do seem to stack up.

19 hours ago, Nougat said:

i agree the small bonus is enough itself and perks itself has to be max value with no drawback like you said.

Only legendary pearls should have additional bonuses. These additional bonuses may be a little better, but they can not be a super pro. Just in my opinion, increase the additional bonuses by 1 to max 5%.

@thrawn3054 I like Slasher's Aquanaut idea too... but it would still be interesting to see ideas from others that could make it a viable perk.

There are quite a few people complaining here and there about the counselor's making noise at inopportune times... personally, I think the fear system should be a touch harsher than it already is, but I do not want to see it completely cripple anyone. But at least a chance of not talking... or screaming in a hiding place could be very helpful for certain counselors... and a chance to not scream when the power is cut... The chance to resist the urge to scream based on fear level? 
   You are correct... this should not be added to too many perks... But I do like this idea.

A 40% speed boost to a 3 speed is still only a 1.2 bonus... making it 4.2 speed. The bonus would apply to their current stat, not the stats max for each counselor... a 40% bonus to Vanessa would bring her speed up to 14, definitely too much for her.
   But I was thinking the math should be reversed for the bonus... giving the stated bonus as it would work for a stat of 10 to the counselor with 1... stated bonus for 9 to the counselor with 2... and finally moving to the slowest counselor's speed of 3... at say 40% of 8... the slowest counselor would get a bonus of 3.2, bring their speed up to 6.2 which is a huge bonus to the slow pokes. At the same time... Vanessa would only get a bonus of 0.4 to her speed.
This would give the smallest bonus for speed to the fastest counselor and the biggest bonus to speed to the slowest... I hope you understand what I mean with the math.

@xllxENIGMAxllx I like your idea for heavy mover... forcing Jason to take an extra hit to knock down the door... a stronger barricade is a better barricade.
   I also suggested we have more room for perks way back near the beginning of the thread. We should have room for all of them and room for maybe 5 extras so we can still roll more without having to sell one every single time we roll a perk.

There is one reason to go in the water. Jason stops a boat in the middle of the lake, or near the exit... you can still swim out to it, climb in and get it moving. I have done this many times and escaped on the boat... but this is still way to situational a reason to choose a perk for increased swimming speed in my opinion.
    I also swim across the river on the Higgins map quite often, but it is pretty narrow. Its a good short cut and not overly dangerous... but still not enough to justify using a swimming perk for me.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:40 AM, Nougat said:

Agree.

I know I've had a few of these along the way, but my last one was a My Dad's a Cop perk...

My epic is 25% faster with a 1% penalty.  I rolled a legendary that was 23% faster with a 4% penalty and then a 3% boost in some meaningless category.  

The epic should not be better than the legendary. 

I don’t recall if I’ve said this but I am in 100% agreement about the whole, no Legendary should be worst than it’s epic counter part, even if that meant removing the negatives from legendary perks entirely. 

I strongly agree with the idea that our perk library should be big enough to contain every perk, Ahab’s idea of plus 5 slots in the library is a good one. It would allow us to try different things out. We know that at least one build of the game has extra slots, we’ve seen screen shots, so it should be doable even if it only adds some slots. 

I probably have something else I’m forgetting but right now I’m still thinking about how to make Jason Perks with only what exists already in game. 

• Thanks 1

@Ahab I like the swimming perks they are fun but yes there is no much use too situational. there is some island ( higgins haven , packanack and pinehurst ) maybe they could do something.

@Ahab Yeah it makes sense. I think if this were to be done, making the bonus less effective the higher your base stat is the way to go.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

@Ahab I like the swimming perks they are fun but yes there is no much use too situational. there is some island ( higgins haven , packanack and pinehurst ) maybe they could do something.

The only map swimming perks have any use on is Crystal Lake regular.  And it's situational.  And you can only do it once per lobby.  Not to mention through time, everyone is going to know it and it won't work at all. 

You can swim all the way to the boat exit and Jason cannot sense you from land.  Add swimming perks and you can A. get out there a lot faster.  I have a legendary aquanaut that gives me 35% faster swimming and B. a legendary quiet swimmer that gives off less pings while swimming forgot the exact percentage.  One of them also has you use less stamina while swimming.  Then I have an epic motorboating perk that adds 5% of swim speed but have no idea if that stacks at all or is just cancelled out. 

With these perks I can almost sprint swim for a lack of a better term all the way out to the buoy from land.

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

The epic should not be better than the legendary

I like where the legendary perks are. I like that if you don't build them right it hurts you instead of helping you. I think they just need to Nerf epic perks so they're not better than legendary. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

The only map swimming perks have any use on is Crystal Lake regular.  And it's situational.  And you can only do it once per lobby.  Not to mention through time, everyone is going to know it and it won't work at all. 

You can swim all the way to the boat exit and Jason cannot sense you from land.  Add swimming perks and you can A. get out there a lot faster.  I have a legendary aquanaut that gives me 35% faster swimming and B. a legendary quiet swimmer that gives off less pings while swimming forgot the exact percentage.  One of them also has you use less stamina while swimming.  Then I have an epic motorboating perk that adds 5% of swim speed but have no idea if that stacks at all or is just cancelled out. 

With these perks I can almost sprint swim for a lack of a better term all the way out to the buoy from land.

They can help on Jarvis House as well. It's often easier to swim to the islands on either side of the map where at least one boat part (or the boat itself) usually spawns. It's not a long swim, but it is long enough that it leaves you exposed for 10-15 seconds each way.

Had a thought as well for an improvement to the largely useless East Listener perk. What if you kept the stamina boost aspect of it, but it also turned on all the radios in the camp when you turn one on? It would give Jason multiple "ghost pings" of sound to chase after and might make it useful in the end game.

5 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

They can help on Jarvis House as well. It's often easier to swim to the islands on either side of the map where at least one boat part (or the boat itself) usually spawns. It's not a long swim, but it is long enough that it leaves you exposed for 10-15 seconds each way.

The thing is you're now using those perks instead of something that is more valuable.  I don't disagree that they'd be helpful for that 5-10 second swim with them on an active but at most, that's 40 seconds of a 20 minute match where you should be using perks that are way more helpful overall.

My Crystal Lake example is the way it is because when that map is chosen, you decide to swim out to that buoy immediately.  That's your entire aim of the match, and that's all you're doing.  There's no point to using any other perk if all you're doing is swimming out to the exit buoy.   Most Jason players don't ever think of going out to the water to look for someone, especially if there is no boat.  If the boat is in play on that map, your strategy can be screwed as Jason will stumble upon you.  If you've played a lobby with someone who knows this tactic, they will eventually come out to the water to get you.  If you get teamers, well, you're gonna be the first to die.  There's plenty of risk in the Crystal Lake Swim Team strategy. 

None of the other maps does this tactic work on, I've tried to test it. Packanack is close.  But Jason can sense you from the back of the cabins in Flat Rock. 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, SirMang said:

I know I've had a few of these along the way, but my last one was a My Dad's a Cop perk...

My epic is 25% faster with a 1% penalty.  I rolled a legendary that was 23% faster with a 4% penalty and then a 3% boost in some meaningless category.  

The epic should not be better than the legendary. 

I have had exactly the same problem with many legendary perks I have got so far. Way back up top of this thread I already suggested that no perk of any tier should be worse than a perk of a lower tier, and should not be worse than an existing perk of the same tier that you already have. You would never get a worse penalty, but you might get an equal penalty... and you would never get a lower percentage bonus that a perk you already have either. You should also never roll a perk that is equal to a lower tier perk that you already have... there should be at least a +1 difference to the percentages... higher bonus or lower penalty at least.
   I don't think they should get rid of the penalties entirely... but this would help lessen them as you keep rolling perks at least.

@xllxENIGMAxllx Jason's shack sometimes shows up on the island on the Higgins map. I remember playing Jason and standing on the south shore looking for sound pings and saw one to the south... which could only be in the water... and it was in the direction of the island. So I morphed there to find one female counselor looking for the shack. She called me hacker and teamer and all sorts of other colorful names... but there was no cheating in any way... just a sound ping that gave her away.
   The swimming perks are too situational for most players to bother with... but perhaps they should include a 'swim in silence' effect, or at least a reduction of sound pings when in the water. It might make them more useful, but they would still be too situational for many players... even if they were made too overpowered.

@thrawn3054  I think that reverse bonus would make a few more perks more useful to counselors with low stats.
   Marathon for instance (the only other perk that pops to mind right now that this might be useful for)... it gives a huge bonus to Vanessa and Tiffany... but a very small bonus to Lachappa or Deborah... and they could make much better use of this bonus. High stamina counselors do not need a huge bonus to stamina... and the small bonus it gives to pretty much everyone else makes it far less viable... with the bonus reversed like this, it might be used by far more players and help those low stamina counselors play keep away from the smelly zombie guy for longer periods of time.
   Plus... think of how funny it would be to see Lachappa running for a longer time than our resident bunny wabbit.

@Ahab While I do feel you are a bit undervaluing marathon for low stamina characters I would agree with having it work on an inverted scale being a better way. Of course that could just be because I love me some Lachappa, and would find him having a nice stamina boost immensely enjoyable. 

@Ahab Yes of course he would always be too situationnal, but switching part over the island when the shack is not here for exemple would still at least give one reason to go swim. Of course that won't change the meta but he makes a little bit useful.

• Like 1

As I'm sure has been said constantly, Medic is overpowered. It should give you two sprays once per match. Turning every can into dual use is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

Marathon for instance (the only other perk that pops to mind right now that this might be useful for)... it gives a huge bonus to Vanessa and Tiffany... but a very small bonus to Lachappa or Deborah...

Marathon adds about a hundred feet worth of stamina onto a Sprint (same distance for all counselors). Vanessa and Tommy are the only ones it benefits unless you have a no fear build since it's about worthless when Jason's around. I like using it for Deb and the Chop. Every little bit helps for them.

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

The swimming perks are too situational for most players to bother with... but perhaps they should include a 'swim in silence' effect, or at least a reduction of sound pings when in the water.

Isn't one of them called quiet swimmer? I've never bothered testing a swimming perk but I'd imagine that's what it's supposed to be for...

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

I have had exactly the same problem with many legendary perks I have got so far. Way back up top of this thread I already suggested that no perk of any tier should be worse than a perk of a lower tier, and should not be worse than an existing perk of the same tier that you already have.

I think they did this for balance. For instance I have a legendary thrasher perk. It has +23% axe attack damage increase and -2% melee stun chance. The legendary bonus is only a 1% incoming weapon damage decrease. My epic thrasher perk is +25% axe damage and -0% melee stun chance decrease. The epic looks better on paper and that 1% bonus doesn't sound like it does anything. But in fact the 1% incoming weapon damage decrease is nearly as good as my +19% damage resistance epic thick skin. I can tank a bear trap without limping, crawl through a few more broken windows, or take a few extra hits from Jason before I die. It's not as good as running epic thick skin and thrasher but it's good enough that I'll use just the legendary thrasher to free up a perk slot for a situational perk (lead foot or my dad's a cop) or marathon perk for Deb or the Chop...

@thrawn3054 I am not really undervaluing marathon... I do use it now and again on a couple of counselors. It was just a thought to make it more viable for the lower stamina counselors without it being too overpowered on the high stamina counselors.

@Risinggrave I agree... though others do not and never will. There are a couple of different suggestions for medic nerfs in this thread already, including yours which I think is one of the better suggestions for a medic nerf. Whether or not it will ever happen... only the shadow knows.

@Somethin Cool I have tried marathon on every counselor in the past. Although I never timed out how much extra sprint or jogging time you get with it, I did seem to me that it was far less extra jogging time on low stamina counselors when compared to high stamina counselors.

There probably is a quiet swimmer perk... it sounds familiar at least. The swimming perks are among the list of perks I sell instantly upon rolling them... at least for the moment. As far quiet swimmer... that is probably exactly what it is for. But that one would be beyond situational. A slight reduction in noise pings in the water is not really helping anyone, particularly if Jason is near the shore and looks all around him. One ping to give you away in the water and you are done, unless Jason is busy with something else at that moment.

The epic does not just look better on paper... the math says it is better. Your epic is 2% higher than your legendary for the axe damage... the epic also has no penalty while the legendary has a -2% stun chance. The 1% extra bonus does not compensate for the lower bonus and higher penalty no matter what the 1% bonus is for.
    A 1% chance for anything is beyond negligible. If it is functioning as well as your 19% thick skin, then something is not working like it should be. Although it is possible that 1% weapon damage decrease could put you over the threshold to be able to take one more hit before limping... it is a decrease in weapon damage. It should in no way effect damage from traps or broken windows... or even a fall... Even if it did, 1% should not allow you to crawl through more than one extra window, and that is considering it is enough to put you over the threshold to leave you with a miniscule amount of health after that last broken window.
    Pretty sure the counselors all have the same amount of health without using a perk. Everything is probably a set amount of damage for each hit, broken window... ect. But is the damage divided equally? Or could a weapon hit from a +weapon strength Jason leave you with left over damage when you crawl through a broken window? What I mean is... was there was more damage from the window than was required to kill you after something else damaged you... or does it figure exactly to the amount of health a counselor has, with or without damage reduction perks? 1% damage reduction for anything should not compensate for damage that equals more than 1% of the damage that should be taken.
    Argh! I hope I explained that right... I am still in coffee mode.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I agree... though others do not and never will. There are a couple of different suggestions for medic nerfs in this thread already, including yours which I think is one of the better suggestions for a medic nerf. Whether or not it will ever happen... only the shadow knows.

those people also either enjoy the Jason beatings or don't know how easy it is to subvert the game. I had two Tiffany's who pretty much just spent the whole match beating my ass. Even with +weapon strength (part 3) it was just getting belted over and over. Grab one, boom hit by the other. Slash them? Thick skin and tons of spray ensured it was Tiff who was predator and not prey. Nobody tried to fix shit. I managed to finally wear them down near the end and got one limping. I was able to stuff the injured one into a toilet but with a 20 minute time limit, it was a frustrating slog. 

I'm all for Jason having to be competent, what I'm not for is a few perks turning what should be survival horror into Mike Tyson's Punch Out. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm all for Jason having to be competent, what I'm not for is a few perks turning what should be survival horror into Mike Tyson's Punch Out. 

Very well put... I agree completely. Personally, I do not use the medic perk at all. There are plenty of med sprays in the game already... exactly how many do people really need? I survive quite often in this game just with the med sprays I find and many times do not even require them for myself.
   The situation you describe above has happened to many of us, with redonculous amounts of med sprays being used... and an equally redonculous amount of time Jason spends on his back or in a stun animation... far too often. This is truly what takes the 'horror' out of a game that is supposed to be a 'survival horror' game. No one is afraid of a piñata.

I only use the word 'redonculous' when the situation is beyond ridiculous... I also get a good laugh out of people that respond to a story like yours with.... "git gud"... or "learn to block". They either have not had this happen to them with counselors who are at least competent with the combat system, or are the ones responsible for the whole piñata issue in the first place. At the very least, they have absolutely no idea what Jason is supposed to be... or what the counselors are supposed to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Very well put... I agree completely. Personally, I do not use the medic perk at all. There are plenty of med sprays in the game already... exactly how many do people really need? I survive quite often in this game just with the med sprays I find and many times do not even require them for myself.
   The situation you describe above has happened to many of us, with redonculous amounts of med sprays being used... and an equally redonculous amount of time Jason spends on his back or in a stun animation... far too often. This is truly what takes the 'horror' out of a game that is supposed to be a 'survival horror' game. No one is afraid of a piñata.

I only use the word 'redonculous' when the situation is beyond ridiculous... I also get a good laugh out of people that respond to a story like yours with.... "git gud"... or "learn to block". They either have not had this happen to them with counselors who are at least competent with the combat system, or are the ones responsible for the whole piñata issue in the first place. At the very least, they have absolutely no idea what Jason is supposed to be... or what the counselors are supposed to be.

I run medic. I'm a "can't beat em, join em" sort. I don't go looking for Jason to fuck him up like some action hero, however. Until medic is adjusted it's gonna get abused.

Also you gave me an idea. Shame Gun can't make new content. "Pinata" skin Jason! It would pair great with the Halloween costumes the Chad and his pals have. 

As far as getting good? I'm pretty good. If Guy, Hanson, Alkavian, Heartbreaker, Brigs, Riot, Infamous, Aldermach, or any of a dozen+ trusted forum users I play with were asked to rate me? I'm sure I'd get quite the review. It's not just getting gud, the mechanics don't support it. So yeah, I'm with you on that. Some players know of and abuse Jason's weak spots. Hell I've seen some who just sit in quick play and kill one newb Jason after the next. I got more Jason kills on one day a week or so back than I have since launch simply by playing in a particular lobby. While I was fixing cars, they'd be fuckstarting Jason's head. 

@Ahab Counselors do all have equal hit points.  I wasn't referring to in game performance just testing I've done. I can't seem to find all of my test notes at the moment but here's what I could find. Everything listed is from full health on a fresh counselor (no fear, match just started)

Broken window:

No perk: 4 to limp 9 to die

Legendary thrasher: 5 to limp 10 to die

Epic thick skin: 6 to limp 12 to die

Bear trap:

No perk: 1 to limp 2 to die

Legendary thrasher: 2 to limp 3 to die

Epic thick skin: 2 to limp 3 to die

I have partial info for throwing knives: 

No perk: 2 to limp 4 to die

Epic thick skin: 3 to limp 5 to die

and weapon slash (non weapon strength Jason):

No perk: 3 to limp 5 to die

Epic thick skin: 4 to limp 7 to die

I'm pretty sure + weapon strength Jason takes epic thick skin weapon slash down to 3 to limp 5 to die but I'll have to find the rest of my notes for confirmation and for the rest of the legendary thrasher stats. In any case legendary thrasher isn't as good as thick skin (and they do not stack up) but it is good enough to be worth using situationally.