On 10/28/2018 at 7:56 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Anyone else gonna look at these? There is a lot of good suggestions!

Personally, i only see horrible suggestions.

Being able to use items more than once..  Is a HUGE no for me. 

Auto Dodge for grabs?..   Hell no.

Disable traps without a pocket knife?   

I think I only seen a few ideas that would actually work.

23 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Personally, i only see horrible suggestions.

Being able to use items more than once..  Is a HUGE no for me. 

Auto Dodge for grabs?..   Hell no.

Disable traps without a pocket knife?   

I think I only seen a few ideas that would actually work.

Let’s hear your suggestions then buddy.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Let’s hear your suggestions then buddy.

My suggestion is, we don't need anymore perks.  The perks we currently have already cause enough balance issues.

Id rather see a few perks removed or nerfed.. 

Just now, HuDawg said:

My suggestion is, we don't need anymore perks.  The perks we currently have already cause enough balance issues.

Id rather see a few perks removed or nerfed.. 

Well it’s not up to us, so I guess I don’t mind if you don’t like my ideas. Balance is always in flux, so we probably shouldn’t use that as an excuse to not and make the game better. 

I’ve already stated my case for why Perks should be improved rather than nerfed. I think giving people options will make the game play more dynamic, I cannot see how removing things would accomplish this. I think if they do decide to use some of the suggestions in this thread, then we’ll all be given an opportunity to address Jason’s balance next, as that would only make sense. 

I do get where your coming from but I think you’d actually be happier with more dynamic game play and new things to overcome and explore. Maybe I’m wrong and you really do just want to keep it the same forever and ever, but that’s boring, so I’m going to assume you don’t actually know what you want. ? 

I thought I'd jump in with my own suggestions for improvements that could be made to the perks. As a side note some of these will overlap with others ideas. I'll try to give credit where I remember but I apologize in advance if I forget any. I'll also include descriptions of what each perk does for ease of reference. 

Adrenaline Rush: Currently gives you a stamina boost if you break out of Jason's grasp. I believe @Slasher_Clone suggested having a one time speed boost per match if Jason was close. I like that idea but feel like you should be able to trigger it more often. Possibly give it a recharge rate based on your fear level? With it depleting as long you're outside of Jason's music range.

Aqunaught: Currently gives you a booat to your swimming speed. This perk is so situational that it's hard to think of a way to make it useful. Best I can think of is give it two effects. Increased swimming speed with decreased stamina use while swimming. 

Controlled Breathing: Currently reduces your fear at a faster rate while in a hiding spot. I suggest adding to it that your counselor no longer screams/says "please don't see me" while in a hiding spot.

Easy Listening: Currently gives you a boost to stamina regeneration if you are within proximity to a active radio. @Slasher_Clone suggested a walkmen as a way of increasing the range of use. I suggest adding more radios (if allowed) to cover more ground. Also possibly adding a reduction in fear to the perk while within range.

Escape Artist: Currently makes it easier to escape Jason's grasp. I actually think this is fine it just needs a higher cap.

Evasion: Currently increases dodge speed. Another perk I think is fine. Maybe a higher cap but nothing else needed.

Firecracker: Gives you a firecracker to start and increased radius. I think it's perfect as is. Only thing I could think to add is a longer stun time but not really needed.

Friendship: Currently increases damage for each nearby teammate. I'm really not sure what to do with this one. Teamwork already does what I think Friendship should do. I'm going to suggest giving Teamworks fear resistance bonus to to Friendship and giving teamwork a different ability entirely. 

Grease Monkey: Decreased car starting time. Does exactly what it should. Maybe a little higher cap but otherwise I'd leave it be.

Grinder: Currently grants an XP Bonus. Works exactly as it should. Only other additions that could reasonably be made is make it grant bonus CP and/or upping the cap.

Heavy Hitter: Increased stun time from baseball bats. I suppose you could change it to all weapons have increased stun time but that might be OP.

Heavy Mover: Decreased time to barricade doors. Not sure what can be done with this one. Maybe if it also decreased time to open and close doors/windows?

Heavy Sleeper: Sense avoidance while in a sleeping bag. Change it to sense avoidance while in any hiding spot? 

Home Body: Sense avoidance while in any house. Not really much to be changed other then maybe a cap increase. 

Hypochondriac: Start with a med spray and a bonus to healing. As far as I'm concerned this perk is fine as is.

Ice Cold: Increased fear resistance wgen seeing a dead body. Does what it should but kind of boring and definitely too situational. Maybe a fear resistance bonus that grows as your fellow counselors die? Not sure what else to do with this one. At least my idea would be interesting from a role-playing s yt? And point.

Level Headed: Sense avoidance. Does exactly what it should do. Maybe needs a cap bump to make it more viable otherwise solid.

Lead Foot: Increased top speed while you are driving the car. Maybe chage it so the top speed is increased if you're in the car. But if you aren't the driver the top speed is only increased by 1/4 of you perks bonus.

Light Foot: Reduces noise made by sprinting. Make it while jogging and sprinting and it could be perfect. As a side note it currently gives A.J. silent sprinting but not Tiffany. That should really be fixed.

Lone Wolf: Increased fear resistance while alone. Works as it should.

Low Profile: Sense avoidance and increased speed while crouch walking. Another that works as it should.

Man At Arms: Increased weapon durability. Overall pretty solid. I could argue for the addition of you spawning in with a random weapon, but that could get out of hand.

Marathon: Increased stamina. Perfect as is.

Medic: Double med spray use and increased healing. Probably the most argued over perk. While I don't fell it's over powered myself, I can see the argument to only allow the first med spray you pick up to give the second healing. Alternatively, and if a change were to be made this would be my preference, the second use from the med spray can only be used on a teammate.

Motorboating: Increased boat speed. Incredibly situational it's hard to make a case for this perk. All I can come up with is adding a decreased start time or it negates the startup sound.

My Dad's A Cop: A wonderful perk but also very situational. I can think of a couple ways to make this perk more enticing. Have it show on your map which exit the cops will be coming to. Or make it so if you are alive when the call is made the early arrival triggers whether you made the call or not. I realize this both might be over powering but they might be worth trying. 

Nerves Of Steel: Works exactly as it should. I could argue for a higher fear resistance bonus, but that could make No Fear Jenny the meta counselor if pushed too far. 

Night Owl: Increased resistance to fear caused by darkness. Maybe make it so the counselor doesn't scream when the power is cut?

Potent Ranger: Increased weapon damage as Tommy. Not really sure what to do with this one. I believe @Slasher_Clone suggested an increased chance to be selected as Tommy but I'm afraid of how abused that would be.

Preparedness: Start with a map and fear resistance bonus. Another beautiful perk. Only thing you might add to this is the power box locations show on your map. Might be an unfair addition though.

Psychic: Start with a walkie and increased range for voice broadcast. Honestly unless your lobby communicates this perk is useless. This whole perk might need a rework to make it useful. Maybe have it show you the power  or phone box locations on your map? I'll have to give this one more thought.

Pyro: Increased spot time from a flare gun. Hardly anyone uses the flare gun for this purpose. The only ideas I can come up with is either increased stun time from the flare gun or Jason showing on the map after being successfully shot for a period of time. Maybe for a minute or so depending on your perks strength.

Quite Swimmer: Sense avoidance and reduced noise while in the water. Maybe change it to being silent when in the water? Not sure what else to do with this one.

Restful: Increased stamina regeneration while standing still. Not much to do with this perk. Works as it should really. I suppose the cap could be bumped but I wouldn't think it needs it really. 

Scout: Decreased time needed to escape Jason's traps. I think an interesting idea here could be the addition of a zooming in feature. As though you were using binoculars to scout an area.

Slugger: Start with a bat and increased melee damage. Bit weird combination really. This to me should have the Heavy Hitters bonus.

Sneaky: Increased speed climbing through windows as well as in and out of hiding spots. This to me should have the addition of doing this silently. This would make climbing out a window when Jason is coming for you not a dead give away.

Spatial Awareness: Decreased stumble chance. Without it eliminating stumbling altogether I don't see this perk being used. I suppose you could add something like repair parts having a glow or something.

Speed Demon: Cars top speed increased while escaping alone. While it does what it's meant to I don't feel many will use it in it's current incarnation. Also we have a car speed increase perk. A second seems unnecessary. I suggest a rework. Have it increase a counselors sprinting speed. I'm not sure if potentially making the Vanessa mains faster is a good idea but it could be a great boon to repair characters. Perhaps have the increase work on a scale based around the counselors base speed stat as a balance against that potential abuse? 

Sucker Punch: Increased melee stun chance. Perfect as is.

Swift Attacker: Increased melee attack speed. Also perfect as is.

Teamwork: Increased fear resistance for each other counselor near you. As stated above I think this should be the ability for the Friendship perk. I have a couple different ideas for this one. Increased stun chance for each other counselor nearby (I know this could get way out of hand but it would make sense with the name). My second (and preferred idea) is skill checks are larger for each nearby counselor. A third option might be a stamina pool increase for each nearby counselor.

Thick Skinned: You take less damage. Does what it should and I think it's fine as is.

Thrasher: Increased damage when using an Ax. This should have the slugger perks bonus instead. Alternatively spawning with an Ax could be added to this perk instead.

Tinker: Decreased repair time. Switching this to increases size of the skill checks would turn this into if not a top tier perk certainly a much more viable one.

Well that covered all the perks and my ideas on how to make them more viable. Hopefully some of these will inspire Gun to overhaul the currently less useful perks.

• Like 1

@thrawn3054 Finally another suggestion for aquanaut... although your suggestion for this one makes sense considering what the perk is... I don't think its enough for its considered use by many players.

Your suggestions for 'Controlled Breathing'... no screaming or giving self away in a hiding spot... 'Night Owl'... no screaming when power is cut... are damned good ideas... but perhaps the scream cancelation should be included in some way with 'level headed' as well... it just fits with being 'level headed'... it also fits with 'Nerves of Steel' as well... I think it also fits for 'Ice Cold'. But I don't think it should be added to every fear resistance perk... just a few that it makes sense with by name at least. If it is a complete resistance to screaming in a hiding place or another specific situation, then they could stack with each other, giving complete screaming cancelation for more than one situation... Perhaps certain perks I mentioned above should have a good percentage chance to not cry out even at max fear in any situation that can stack with each other?... such as Level Headed and Nerves of Steel... or perhaps Ice Cold? Or perhaps these perks could give the scream cancelling to more than one situation at least? Total cancelling of screaming may be overpowered enough to cause a rush to sit out matches in hiding places... you have a good idea here and it should be considered in my opinion.

Your suggestion for Speed Demon is interesting as well... increasing sprint speed of counselors by the given % instead of it applying to the car's speed. As the perks with percentage bonuses give the biggest bonus to the counselor with the highest stat that the perk effects... This one would be too much for Vanessa and perhaps Bugsy with their higher staminas considered as well. But... if the bonus worked in reverse... and gave the highest bonus to the slowest counselor instead of the fastest... the potential for abuse with Vanessa is greatly reduced. This would make it a desirable perk for slow counselors and fast counselors alike... they all get a bonus to sprint speed... without going too overboard on the faster counselors.

I have an Epic Level Headed at 15% to completely avoid sense... Legendary Low Profile at 24% sense avoidance (It does not say the sense avoidance only works when crouching with this one)… Epic Heavy Sleeper at 24% sense avoidance... and Epic Home Body at 20% sense avoidance. Just with these, I can combine Level Headed, Low Profile and Home Body for a chance to avoid sense at 59% while indoors and 39% elsewhere... The best I can get using Heavy Sleeper is with Level Headed and Low Profile at 63% and that is only for inside the tent, elsewhere it is reduced to 39% once again.
   I do not know the max values for all of the legendary versions, but they would obviously be a bit higher than my epics. I will agree that 39% does not give you a very good chance to avoid sense... that is not much over one third. But too much of a buff here will make certain combinations here very overpowered. 59% is only 4% away from 63%.. which is VERY close to two thirds. 
   My point here is...with these numbers we have to ask ourselves... at what % bonus is does sense avoidance become overpowered? Luck of the draw is a big factor when dealing with random number generators, even considering the not so random patterns they create... you can get a great many low numbers in a row (which will make even a low percentage seem overpowered), just as you can get a great many high numbers in a row (which can make a pretty high percentage seem underpowered)... You can also get results at opposite ends of the scale for each try, which can make even a very low bonus seem more like 50%. 
   My own answer to the question... two thirds (or 66% we don't need the decimal places here) is a pretty high percentage for something like these perks. If it ever got as high as 75%... in most matches... Jason would not have much of a chance to find a player running these at all... and both sides need a chance... throwing it too far to one side for anything is throwing balance to the wind.

As I think I have mentioned elsewhere... Teamwork can be very overpowered already when used properly. For Jason hunters that travel in packs... with a 5% bonus per counselor other than yourself... we can quickly get a very large bonus to damage. Imagine a team of players that want to use Jason as a piñata, say five of them in a match, all running this perk with medic and thick skin... All five would have a 20% bonus to damage at 5% bonus on the perk. This can also be combined with a perk like Thrasher to give a much higher damage bonus to the player if he uses an axe. This perk is already a short road to a quick demasking as it is... all it requires is "teamwork" between the players. I am glad that the players that travel in packs think this one is useless.

You have quite a few good suggestions in there... and I have so little time right now... I will be back... again... "soonish."

• Like 1

@Ahab Thank you for the feed back. All these were done off the top of my head. So they will need to be further refined.

Aquanaught was hard to come up with anything that would make sense within the limits of the name. I think it was suggested that a one time breakout like a pocket knife could be added to the perk. That's probably the best way to make it viable. 

I'm not sure about adding the no screaming to NoS or Level Headed though. While true it would make sense it would remove the incentive to use Controlled Breathing. 

I share your concern with Speed Demon. I suggest a possible work around adding additional percentage points based on the base speed stat. So as an example Vanessa has a base stat of 10 speed. Maybe she gets a 5% boost at max perk level. You then add another 5% for each point under 10 in the counselors speed stat. So Lachappa would get a 40% speed boost. Obviously the 40% would probably be too much and the numbers would need tweaking but overall the idea is solid I think.

@thrawn3054, good list man. I’m glad someone else took the time to run through the whole list, some of your suggestions are damn good. Here’s hoping they pick the best ones from each of our lists. 

• Sad 1

I welcome the much needed changes to perks. Alot of the perks are still useless, and legendary perks shouldn't have any negatives as they're already hard enough to come by

On 10/24/2018 at 12:07 AM, camp_voorhees said:

medic needs a little nerf i mean i normally find 3 health sprays i have 6 chances of healing not really fair for jason after he's wasted 4 knifes to get me limping

Medic is fine as it is tbh. Its hard to find med sprays in a match these days, and if you get one then medic is a big help. I call medic a must have perk because of Jasons op knives and all the slashing thats going on

5 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

Medic is fine as it is tbh. Its hard to find med sprays in a match these days,

Medic isn't fine, counselors should be limited in heals.  

Less heals, less bullshit.. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Medic isn't fine, counselors should be limited in heals.  

Less heals, less bullshit.. 

We all know how you feel about it.

Are there any perks you think could be improved? I mean if you’re going to contribute to the thread why not try something positive?

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

We all know how you feel about it.

Are there any perks you think could be improved? I mean if you’re going to contribute to the thread why not try something positive?

Well im 100% positive this game doesn't need more perks for counselors.

Jason on the other hand, could use perks..  

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Such as? Extra traps, throwing knives, extra shift/morph?

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Such as? Extra traps, throwing knives, extra shift/morph?

Im thinking more like specific perks that as counters to specific counselor perks. 

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Nobody suggested more perks for counselors. The topic is about making some perks more useful. Hopefully leading to more diverse gameplay.  But if they were allowed to I'd be all for Jason perks. 

As for how to accomplish this my idea is allow you to equip a perk to your Jason. The perk being a buff to the existing Jason abilities. The only restriction is you can't use one of these perks on an strength that Jason already has. So you can give a plus shift perk to part 6 or 9.

14 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Nobody suggested more perks for counselors. The topic is about making some perks more useful. Hopefully leading to more diverse gameplay.  But if they were allowed to I'd be all for Jason perks. 

As for how to accomplish this my idea is allow you to equip a perk to your Jason. The perk being a buff to the existing Jason abilities. The only restriction is you can't use one of these perks on an strength that Jason already has. So you can give a plus shift perk to part 6 or 9.

Not a bad suggestion for Jason Perks, and your summary of the topic is a good way to put it. 

34 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Why not? Perks help councelors that already have those high skills. A Jason perk should work the same way but have a trade off: Faster morph for fewer traps, Better sense for fewer knives, better shift for worse morph, etc. 

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not a bad suggestion for Jason Perks, and your summary of the topic is a good way to put it. 

Thanks. I had the idea a while back for Jason perks. I always thought how much better part 2 would be if you let him have a perk to give him neutral shift.

@CountYorgaVampir If you mean why not allow them to use one for an already positive stat imagine part 2 with a ten second morph cool down. Or parts 6 and 9 withten second shift cool down. It would be a bit broken. 

15 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Thanks. I had the idea a while back for Jason perks. I always thought how much better part 2 would be if you let him have a perk to give him neutral shift.

@CountYorgaVampir If you mean why not allow them to use one for an already positive stat imagine part 2 with a ten second morph cool down. Or parts 6 and 9 withten second shift cool down. It would be a bit broken. 

But you’re not pairing those advantages with a weakness as I suggested. Imagine Part 2 with an even faster morph and an even slower shift. 

7 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

But you’re not pairing those advantages with a weakness as I suggested. Imagine Part 2 with an even faster morph and an even slower shift. 

Ah. At that point I'd not even want to use those perks with that kind of down side. The counselor perks have negatives, but usually not meaningful ones. If they did give Jason perks I'd prefer no negatives. After the counselors get three perks. With my idea Jason gets one.

It will be interesting to see what happens with perks now that they have some feedback to work with. Not expecting it to be soon, just to be clear. 

I don’t particularly want to debate how the Jason perks or negatives of said perks would work in this thread though, so even though I’d like to join you in the discussion, this probably isn’t a good place for it, I will say I think there would be so many Jason’s equipping Destuction, we’d have to order camp doors in bulk

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Ah. At that point I'd not even want to use those perks with that kind of down side. The counselor perks have negatives, but usually not meaningful ones. If they did give Jason perks I'd prefer no negatives. After the counselors get three perks. With my idea Jason gets one.

You’d have to pair it with the proper Jason. A negative shift perk might not be so bad on a Part 9, for instance, if it gave him more traps or even the ability to run. I think that it would be a great way to individualize people Jasons, and people really wouldn’t know what to expect.