Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What do people think of My Dad's A Cop? I finally rolled it the other night and have been lucky enough to be the one to make the call in about half my matches since. Nice to have 55 seconds shaved off and it especially proved useful in one match that Jason caught on to a couple of us camping the cop spawn. Saved us nearly a full minute of screwing around and we probably would have been dead otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have suggested in the past and 100% agree with @Pazuzu that tinker would see play if it increased the size of the skill checks.

@Ahab I threw 100 cp out there just for a number. Also that cost is per percentage point. Therefore if you need to remove 5% from a negative it'd cost 500 cp. That said I'd be fine with it costing more. Perhaps make it go on a scale. Start with 100 for poor perks and go up from there. You still have the randomness of having to roll a particular perk, and in the rarity you want, as with my idea you're not allowed to improve the perk beyond the max stat for that rarity. Maybe make the scale for improvement cost the same as what you'd get for selling the perk back.

Poor: 100cp

Common: 200cp

Uncommon: 300cp

Rare: 400cp

Epic: 500cp

Legendary: 1,000cp

That way lower level players can still improve the perks they have if the choose to and it wouldn't cost them so dearly to do so.

@keepthebeat929 I personally love My Dad's A Cop. I haven't used it much lately, but it's very useful all be it a bit too situational to be a meta perk. My version is the full 25%. That 1:15 shaved can be a life saver.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just scrap rolling them, as I said, hate it. Just let people buy the perks they want. Epic /legendary level perks available as you level up but more expensive. Job done, ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thrawn3054 I do like your idea... I am not knocking it at all. But many players do have one hell of a lot of CP and then they could just buy the best version of a perk immediately upon receiving it, if they do not already have a legendary version to instantly upgrade anyway. My only issue is that the rich players win and the poor players lose... and I have quite a bit of CP and many legendary perks already, this would benefit me greatly. Even at 1 000CP to upgrade a legendary, I could upgrade all 14 legendary perks that I already have (It may be more now, I would have to check again) and still have lots of CP left over. I am sure there are many other players that can say the same.
   On one level, it can benefit a low level player, but only somewhat. The real benefit here would go to players that have hundreds of thousands of CP to spend... and still leave them with hundreds of thousands of CP when they have the best version of every perk they want on the day it is implemented.

@keepthebeat929 My dad's a cop is a great perk, but I do not use it myself... Instead, I coordinate with other players that do use it and let them make the call as often as possible while I guard the fuse box. Certain friends of mine always have this perk in use and we make the best use of it together when we can. Thrawn's 25% on that perk is pretty damned good, not sure if that is the max value... but 1:15 shaved off the top is already quite a bit and Jason still needs a chance to stop those pesky kids that are trying to steal his mask.
    I do not recall if I have seen the timer for the cops ever start under 3:45... but if it does start with less time than that, I hope it is not too much less. There is also at least one legendary perk that I have with its secondary bonus adding 3% to this perk (not sure if that is the max extra bonus on that particular legendary either)... I cannot remember right now which perk it is.

@Alien_Number_Six I agree with many of your points.
    But man at arms is most useful to high luck counselors and fairly useless to low luck counselors, just because of how a percentage bonus works. Any buff to make this more useful to low level counselors would need to ditch the percentage or it would be too over powered on the high luck counselors... particularly... the Chad. Perhaps if this were to be buffed, it should be a set number of extra hits with a weapon (no matter which weapon is used) so it will benefit every counselor equally instead of giving way too much to some and way to little to others.

    Now... just having that thought for man at arms gives me an idea. Completely ditch percentage bonuses that give a bonus based on a counselor's stats and give a set number bonus for any counselor that uses it. This would make several perks more useful to any counselor... like marathon for instance. Any percentage bonus considered with a counselor's stat benefits a high or maxed out stat way more than it will for a low stat... make these bonuses equal across the board, but only for bonuses based on a counselor's stat. Any percentage bonus not based on a stat already works the same for each counselor... so why not this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, also. If we're doing lvl for higher perks, then we should give the lower lvls players something for not getting high lvl perks. I like dropping the price of buying perks per lvl. 1-50/ 200cp. 51-100/ 300cp. 101-150/ 400cp. Or something like that, you guys can come up with something I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:



@keepthebeat929 My dad's a cop is a great perk, but I do not use it myself... Instead, I coordinate with other players that do use it and let them make the call as often as possible while I guard the fuse box. Certain friends of mine always have this perk in use and we make the best use of it together when we can. Thrawn's 25% on that perk is pretty damned good, not sure if that is the max value... but 1:15 shaved off the top is already quite a bit and Jason still needs a chance to stop those pesky kids that are trying to steal his mask.
    I do not recall if I have seen the timer for the cops ever start under 3:45... but if it does start with less time than that, I hope it is not too much less. There is also at least one legendary perk that I have with its secondary bonus adding 3% to this perk (not sure if that is the max extra bonus on that particular legendary either)... I cannot remember right now which perk it is.

I looked up some videos on YouTube after posting my question and saw the timer start as low as 3:30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, keepthebeat929 said:

I looked up some videos on YouTube after posting my question and saw the timer start as low as 3:30.

   That is still not too bad. If it got much lower than that I would say it was probably a bit over powered. 3:30 still gives Jason a reasonable chance to stop at least a few counselors... that is all he needs.
    It is a great perk even though it is situational. With communication between counselors it can be made far less situational than it seems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they nerfed the my dad is a cop perk awhile back. Used to be able to shave off a bunch of time, but then they cut it back..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, wes said:

Hey Campers!

Since we are not allowed to add new content, we are focusing our attention on what we already have, and how we can make it better. With that in mind, let’s talk about our Perk system. It’s too grindy. You know it. We know it. It should be smarter and follow a player’s progression in the game. What we are proposing is that when you spend your hard earned CP to roll a perk, the system checks your current level, and then rolls perks that reflect your level. This way, higher level players should see a significantly higher percentage of rolling Epic and Legendary perks compared to the current system. This should reduce the chances of higher level players rolling perks that aren’t indicative of their level. That makes sense, right? 

To help wrap your head around this change, here’s a theoretical example. This is only to help explain our current thoughts, and will NOT be the exact change. 

When a player first starts out in the game, they’ll see perks around the Poor or Common tiers. As they progress into the 20s, they’ll see more Common and Uncommon perks. As players get to higher and higher levels, they’ll see the perk tiers that they roll becoming better and better, culminating with players typically rolling perks no worse than Rare, and with a better chance at Epic and Legendaries.

So when can we expect this? We’ve got to finish designing it so it makes sense, then we’ve got to implement it. After that we’ll have a lot of testing that we need to do to ensure the new system is running smoothly and can’t be exploited. And then we need to get it through QA, and then through console certification. All of this takes time, so we ask for your patience. In the meantime, we’ll be continuing to roll out bug fixes and other Quality of Life improvements.

But wait, there’s more. We’re aren’t happy with Legendary perks. We like that there’s a pro/con to Legendary perks, but we feel like some of the pros (on certain perks) don’t really feel like a “pro”. Or at least they don’t move the needle enough. So here’s where we open up the discussion to you: should all perks (Poor, Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary) have a pro/con or just the Legendary perks? What perks do you think need a slight buff? What perks are overpowered? We’re here, and we’re listening. 

-W 
 

I'm OK with this! My suggestion to this would be to expand the player's perk inventory to create enough room for each type of perk in-game. As it stands now, players are currently forced to roster a select few perks in their inventory. With expansion, player's may be more bold to experiment with all of the perks, while not having to worry about selling off some perks they wish to keep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ahab Yes i totally agree he will be too much but what the game need is some change to increase team play. That way some perk will be in a better place ( teamwork , friendship ) and spot time is one of those. Battle perk combo is great because of his survivability in every situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perk Name

Adrenaline Rush

Stamina boost once per match when Jason closes into almost grab range.  

Aquanaut

Jasons red light becomes much larger, or you get a free break away, with stamina boost if pulled under. Water PK equivalent.

Controlled Breathing

Decrease range of Counselors breathing and lower the chances of screams when hiding.

Easy Listening

Counselor starts with a ‘Walkman’, it regens stamina at half rate until they take any damage, then only camp radios work.

Escape Artist

The bar should start with a section already full but decrease with each grab. Rank of the perk determines quantity of

white in the bar.

Evasion

One auto-dodge on a grab, Jason simply triggers the Evasion movement in a random direction moving the Counselor

to safety.

Firecracker

Carry two Firecrackers per slot, you still have to collect them only the first ones free.

Friendship

See other Counselors in red like Jason does with sense, either the closest or once per Counselor, per match.

Lasts for 5 to 9 seconds.

Grease Monkey

Start with a Wrench, is a special colour like blue has max in one weapon stat, random so you never know if it’s really

good. 

Grinder

New Counselors should be given this perk first for free, this perk isn’t very useful and I’m having a hard time coming

up with anything.

Heavy Hitter

Plus one in the Strength stat, and it should decrease weapon durability instead of its current neg. stamina Regen.

Heavy Mover

If you spawn in a cabin, it’s already barricaded at the start of the match, plus an increased chance of spawning in a cabin. 

Heavy Sleeper

Spawn in or near a campsite, chance to spawn in a tent maybe? 

Homebody

Again we’re giving you a way to control your spawn, this let’s you start in a main building.

Hypochondriac

Stamina boost for avoiding dead bodies, basically if you stumble on a corpse you get a bonus to turn and run. 

Ice Cold

Disappears from sense when near a dead body, countered by Rage. Bonus stamina for every item looted from a corpse.

Lead Foot

Increase chance to spawn near the gas or battery.

Level Headed

Decrease other Counselors fear within a radius of 15 feet or so. 

Light Foot

Increased distance when preforming Evasive combat dodges. Less stamina penalty as well.

Lone Wolf

Extra stamina when transporting objective items by yourself.

Low Profile

Ability to crouch run, drains stamina at a faster rate. Smaller hit box agains throwing knives, could work as well.

Man At Arms

Start with a random weapon in hand at the start of the match, alternatively a breaking weapon guarantees a stun.

Marathon

Think I’ll skip this one.

Medic

This one too.

Motor boating 

Delay on Jason hearing the boat start up sound, .5 to 1 second per perk rank.

My Dads A Cop

Fuse House spawn increase, you ran right for the phone when Rob was killed.

Nerves of Steel

This ones good, it has a solid bonus already.

Night Owl

Increase brightness levels in dark cabin maybe, you should be able to see better right?

Potent Ranger

Increase your chance to be Tommy, use tickets like Jason selection maybe.

Preparedness

This is also a solid perk, although it could be buffed by showing the fuse house.

Psychic

Make Objective items glow when close, like sense works for Jason.

Pyro

Can collect multiple Flare Guns, each is one shot.

Quiet Swimmer

Notification when Jason enters the water, or a directional sound que tied to Jasons red light.

Restful

If outside of Jason’s music range increase fear recovery.

Scout

Traps glow slightly, or start with a trap. Alternatively a hard skill check to disable Jason’s traps without a PK.

Slugger

A cool skin for the starting bat would be neat, but a weapon stat buff for just that bat would be better, say increased durability.

Sneaky

I feel this perk just needs a buff to the speed aspect it doesn’t feel that much faster. It could highlight locked doors at a

greater distance.

Spatial Awareness

By legendary you should never trip, it could also get you a heads up when Jason shifts in your direction, danger sense like a

shimmer or an audio que.

Speed Demon

Increase speed when driving backwards maybe, spawn near a car, as that’s were you’re likely to run.

Sucker Punch

Seems fine but other people might have an idea.

Swift Attacker

Another one that only needs to be rebalanced, lower rank ones don’t appear very useful.

Teamwork

Larger boxes in skill checks if you’re close to the team mate who’s doing the repair. Doesn’t effect your skill checks.

Thick Skinned

This one is fine, shrug, it’s meta.

Thrasher

Start with an ax, weapon regenerates durability over time could work too.

Tinker

Other’s have made a good suggestion for this one, larger boxes not more speed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:
Perk Name

Adrenaline Rush

Stamina boost once per match when Jason closes into almost grab range.  

Aquanaut

Jasons red light becomes much larger, or you get a free break away, with stamina boost if pulled under. Water PK equivalent.

Controlled Breathing

Decrease range of Counselors breathing and lower the chances of screams when hiding.

Easy Listening

Counselor starts with a ‘Walkman’, it regens stamina at half rate until they take any damage, then only camp radios work.

Escape Artist

The bar should start with a section already full but decrease with each grab. Rank of the perk determines quantity of

white in the bar.

Evasion

One auto-dodge on a grab, Jason simply triggers the Evasion movement in a random direction moving the Counselor

to safety.

Firecracker

Carry two Firecrackers per slot, you still have to collect them only the first ones free.

Friendship

See other Counselors in red like Jason does with sense, either the closest or once per Counselor, per match.

Lasts for 5 to 9 seconds.

Grease Monkey

Start with a Wrench, is a special colour like blue has max in one weapon stat, random so you never know if it’s really

good. 

Grinder

New Counselors should be given this perk first for free, this perk isn’t very useful and I’m having a hard time coming

up with anything.

Heavy Hitter

Plus one in the Strength stat, and it should decrease weapon durability instead of its current neg. stamina Regen.

Heavy Mover

If you spawn in a cabin, it’s already barricaded at the start of the match, plus an increased chance of spawning in a cabin. 

Heavy Sleeper

Spawn in or near a campsite, chance to spawn in a tent maybe? 

Homebody

Again we’re giving you a way to control your spawn, this let’s you start in a main building.

Hypochondriac

Stamina boost for avoiding dead bodies, basically if you stumble on a corpse you get a bonus to turn and run. 

Ice Cold

Disappears from sense when near a dead body, countered by Rage. Bonus stamina for every item looted from a corpse.

Lead Foot

Increase chance to spawn near the gas or battery.

Level Headed

Decrease other Counselors fear within a radius of 15 feet or so. 

Light Foot

Increased distance when preforming Evasive combat dodges. Less stamina penalty as well.

Lone Wolf

Extra stamina when transporting objective items by yourself.

Low Profile

Ability to crouch run, drains stamina at a faster rate. Smaller hit box agains throwing knives, could work as well.

Man At Arms

Start with a random weapon in hand at the start of the match, alternatively a breaking weapon guarantees a stun.

Marathon

Think I’ll skip this one.

Medic

This one too.

Motor boating 

Delay on Jason hearing the boat start up sound, .5 to 1 second per perk rank.

My Dads A Cop

Fuse House spawn increase, you ran right for the phone when Rob was killed.

Nerves of Steel

This ones good, it has a solid bonus already.

Night Owl

Increase brightness levels in dark cabin maybe, you should be able to see better right?

Potent Ranger

Increase your chance to be Tommy, use tickets like Jason selection maybe.

Preparedness

This is also a solid perk, although it could be buffed by showing the fuse house.

Psychic

Make Objective items glow when close, like sense works for Jason.

Pyro

Can collect multiple Flare Guns, each is one shot.

Quiet Swimmer

Notification when Jason enters the water, or a directional sound que tied to Jasons red light.

Restful

If outside of Jason’s music range increase fear recovery.

Scout

Traps glow slightly, or start with a trap. Alternatively a hard skill check to disable Jason’s traps without a PK.

Slugger

A cool skin for the starting bat would be neat, but a weapon stat buff for just that bat would be better, say increased durability.

Sneaky

I feel this perk just needs a buff to the speed aspect it doesn’t feel that much faster. It could highlight locked doors at a

greater distance.

Spatial Awareness

By legendary you should never trip, it could also get you a heads up when Jason shifts in your direction, danger sense like a

shimmer or an audio que.

Speed Demon

Increase speed when driving backwards maybe, spawn near a car, as that’s were you’re likely to run.

Sucker Punch

Seems fine but other people might have an idea.

Swift Attacker

Another one that only needs to be rebalanced, lower rank ones don’t appear very useful.

Teamwork

Larger boxes in skill checks if you’re close to the team mate who’s doing the repair. Doesn’t effect your skill checks.

Thick Skinned

This one is fine, shrug, it’s meta.

Thrasher

Start with an ax, weapon regenerates durability over time could work too.

Tinker

Other’s have made a good suggestion for this one, larger boxes not more speed.

Love the links and the suggestions! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   After going through my own perks and looking at bonuses and penalties I think buffing too many of them could throw balance to the wind. The same goes for nerfing most of them. Although I am seeing quite a few good ideas in this thread so far... As long as balance is considered, I am not against nerfing or buffing most of them. The most powerful perks need a touch of a nerf as I suggested in my first post on this thread... Not only because they are ridiculously overpowered (particularly when everyone in a match is using these perks) and are huge contributors to trolling Jason players everywhere... but to give a pause for thought to try a few different perks now and again. A slight nerf to the meta perks mentioned can only reduce trolling.

   For the secondary bonuses on legendary perks, just from looking at my own perks I see a bonus of 1% to 4%. This is negligible for most things and a few have a bonus to the same thing as others that can of course add up. I have two legendaries that give a 3% bonus to the time shaved off for arrival time of the cops, one was hypochondriac, I can't remember the name of the other now...
    My suggestion for this would be to keep the secondary bonuses above a negligible percentage of 1-3% and perhaps have a range of 4-6%. It doesn't seem like much, and I would not want to suggest much higher for this as the two perks with this bonus added onto my dad's a cop would get another 12% bonus (at 6% each) to the call if used together... Too much of a bonus would make things overpowered, but too little is not an incentive to use it.
    Secondary bonuses that are not duplicated through another legendary could perhaps even have a bonus of up to... say 8%... this keeps it lower than the max bonus from using two legendary perk with the same secondary bonus... but keep those negligible 1-3% bonuses out of the loop. Start them all at 4%.
   Two bonuses on legendary perks that are similar to this should not add too much to something else that may already have a high bonus with a third perk. Jason still needs a chance after all.
    This perhaps may be a touch overpowered for certain things... but perhaps these secondary bonuses need a touch of something.

   I think I stated this one earlier... But... the lowest bonus on a legendary perk should be at the very least slightly higher than an epic (same for any tier higher than another already in the inventory). I have got several legendaries that were the same percentage as my epics (that have no penalty)… but the legendary had a penalty, making them worse than a perk of lower tier than themselves. Or at least perhaps, you should not be able to roll a perk of any tier that is in any way worse than the same perk you already have of any tier. Up to their max values anyway.

   Low level players should still have a chance to roll a legendary perk as well and any tier for that matter... just making all tiers above the first more common as you level up from the standpoint of where it sits now. But even a level 150 should not roll a legendary perk every other try... there needs to be a bit of rarity to it or very quickly, every player will be running with what they consider the best perks in the game at legendary level at their highest bonuses... this is not necessarily a good thing.... But legendaries are far too rare as it is now.

   With perks being buffed, this also means counselors are getting buffed... Where is the love for Jason?... I hope you consider getting rid of the free demasking hit that Jason cannot defend against after each of his animations at the very least.... and don't forget about meat shielding... and the block being slowed down and useless in combat. He needs to be able to defend himself properly to make killing him a bit harder than the cakewalk it is now.

 @xllxENIGMAxllx Teamwork and friendship are not bad right now. Consider the 5% bonus that I have on both of mine... when in a group of 5 counselors (other than yourself) these become 25% bonuses. 30% when all of the counselors are together, which does happen sometimes. The bonuses for these increases with each counselor nearby and can already be getting to overpowered with the epic perks that I have. More so with the legendary versions as they stand now (not sure of the legendary values for these) when combined with other perks that already have a fair bonus... they are already really overpowered when counselors travel in packs.
   Battle perk combo may be great... but it is already way too easy take the mask and kill Jason. Its not like combat is actually required to play the game, I rarely even take a swing at the big guy and escape often... and too much of a buff to combat does throw balance to the wind... and make it even easier to kill the big guy... Wrong direction to go for balance. The counselors can already dominate skilled Jason players without even using these perks. Or any perks at all for that matter. Imagine how it would be if more people could do math and realized the potential these perks already have... particularly whichever one gives the bonus to damage (I forget which one it is right now). Can you imagine a group of four Bugsys with the damage increasing perk (at 20%... let alone all with legendary versions) and thrasher (also a legendary), all using axes... oh the horror... and this game is supposed to be about counselors being afraid, not Jason being afraid.

    As far as spotting goes... I kind of like it as it is, even though I consider it overpowered without extra spotting time. You can often see Jason on your mini map without him being hit with a flare gun... and this is a great help to survivability as it is now. A longer bonus to spotting is not necessarily a bad thing... but stalk should cancel him showing on the map in the first place for its duration, unless he is shot by another flare gun while in stalk... it does not work that way now, you can go into stalk and still hear players on the mic saying "We can still see you on the mini map."
    You may also like Slasher Clone's idea to buff pyro... "being able to carry more than one flare gun." This does not add weapons that cause instant stuns at range to the match and I think it is a good idea... and not necessarily over powered for what it is.
   
    By the way... @Slasher_Clone you have some good ideas in that post, I like quite a few of them... but this post is getting long... again... I will be back to check out more ideas that may give me more ideas... "soon."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ahab I agree that friendship and teamwork are great but why do you think players don't run them it's simply because Jason is way too easy to demask. As for Pyro there's many change they can make for it like increase spot time or detection range, Pyro is one of those perks that no one is using except if they have no decent perks.

For Battle Combo is kind of a counter to Weapon Damage+ , but i don't think the issue is here as why Jason is kind of underpowered for combat. The main problem come from Counselors itself they are unbalanced and Jason a little weak ( Low Health , Block is glitched )... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Love the links and the suggestions! ?

You’re welcome brother, it’s a good resource new players could benefit from knowing exists. I didn’t test all the links so hopefully they don’t lead to porn, lol. 

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

By the way... @Slasher_Clone you have some good ideas in that post, I like quite a few of them... but this post is getting long... again... I will be back to check out more ideas that may give me more ideas... "soon."

Thanks, I figure we’re going to talk about a Jason buff sometime soon, so the perks suggestions don’t need to be worked into the current balance and the only way to change the meta is to give people equally cool bonuses on the lamest perks, so they force the meta to change. 

Thanks for mentioning the Pyro perk, I think that it would be better with my suggestion, I think a perk like Man-at-arms or Ptent Ranger could maybe do the same for shotguns. Alternatively Potent Ranger could give two shots per shotgun, Tommy’s perk should be cooler than it is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:
Perk Name

Adrenaline Rush

Stamina boost once per match when Jason closes into almost grab range.  

Aquanaut

Jasons red light becomes much larger, or you get a free break away, with stamina boost if pulled under. Water PK equivalent.

Controlled Breathing

Decrease range of Counselors breathing and lower the chances of screams when hiding.

Easy Listening

Counselor starts with a ‘Walkman’, it regens stamina at half rate until they take any damage, then only camp radios work.

Escape Artist

The bar should start with a section already full but decrease with each grab. Rank of the perk determines quantity of

white in the bar.

Evasion

One auto-dodge on a grab, Jason simply triggers the Evasion movement in a random direction moving the Counselor

to safety.

Firecracker

Carry two Firecrackers per slot, you still have to collect them only the first ones free.

Friendship

See other Counselors in red like Jason does with sense, either the closest or once per Counselor, per match.

Lasts for 5 to 9 seconds.

Grease Monkey

Start with a Wrench, is a special colour like blue has max in one weapon stat, random so you never know if it’s really

good. 

Grinder

New Counselors should be given this perk first for free, this perk isn’t very useful and I’m having a hard time coming

up with anything.

Heavy Hitter

Plus one in the Strength stat, and it should decrease weapon durability instead of its current neg. stamina Regen.

Heavy Mover

If you spawn in a cabin, it’s already barricaded at the start of the match, plus an increased chance of spawning in a cabin. 

Heavy Sleeper

Spawn in or near a campsite, chance to spawn in a tent maybe? 

Homebody

Again we’re giving you a way to control your spawn, this let’s you start in a main building.

Hypochondriac

Stamina boost for avoiding dead bodies, basically if you stumble on a corpse you get a bonus to turn and run. 

Ice Cold

Disappears from sense when near a dead body, countered by Rage. Bonus stamina for every item looted from a corpse.

Lead Foot

Increase chance to spawn near the gas or battery.

Level Headed

Decrease other Counselors fear within a radius of 15 feet or so. 

Light Foot

Increased distance when preforming Evasive combat dodges. Less stamina penalty as well.

Lone Wolf

Extra stamina when transporting objective items by yourself.

Low Profile

Ability to crouch run, drains stamina at a faster rate. Smaller hit box agains throwing knives, could work as well.

Man At Arms

Start with a random weapon in hand at the start of the match, alternatively a breaking weapon guarantees a stun.

Marathon

Think I’ll skip this one.

Medic

This one too.

Motor boating 

Delay on Jason hearing the boat start up sound, .5 to 1 second per perk rank.

My Dads A Cop

Fuse House spawn increase, you ran right for the phone when Rob was killed.

Nerves of Steel

This ones good, it has a solid bonus already.

Night Owl

Increase brightness levels in dark cabin maybe, you should be able to see better right?

Potent Ranger

Increase your chance to be Tommy, use tickets like Jason selection maybe.

Preparedness

This is also a solid perk, although it could be buffed by showing the fuse house.

Psychic

Make Objective items glow when close, like sense works for Jason.

Pyro

Can collect multiple Flare Guns, each is one shot.

Quiet Swimmer

Notification when Jason enters the water, or a directional sound que tied to Jasons red light.

Restful

If outside of Jason’s music range increase fear recovery.

Scout

Traps glow slightly, or start with a trap. Alternatively a hard skill check to disable Jason’s traps without a PK.

Slugger

A cool skin for the starting bat would be neat, but a weapon stat buff for just that bat would be better, say increased durability.

Sneaky

I feel this perk just needs a buff to the speed aspect it doesn’t feel that much faster. It could highlight locked doors at a

greater distance.

Spatial Awareness

By legendary you should never trip, it could also get you a heads up when Jason shifts in your direction, danger sense like a

shimmer or an audio que.

Speed Demon

Increase speed when driving backwards maybe, spawn near a car, as that’s were you’re likely to run.

Sucker Punch

Seems fine but other people might have an idea.

Swift Attacker

Another one that only needs to be rebalanced, lower rank ones don’t appear very useful.

Teamwork

Larger boxes in skill checks if you’re close to the team mate who’s doing the repair. Doesn’t effect your skill checks.

Thick Skinned

This one is fine, shrug, it’s meta.

Thrasher

Start with an ax, weapon regenerates durability over time could work too.

Tinker

Other’s have made a good suggestion for this one, larger boxes not more speed.

I like the list but Trasher and Tinker are going to have balance problems.

1. Trasher, nothing should Regen durability. Do you really want counselors to have unbreakable weapons? Unless  balances are made buff Jason then every Chad and Vanessa main will select this and then will always have these and then can just bully Jason with minimal risk to player.  When I'm Jason it's not a big deal to get stunned, in the end the weapon breaks and then they die.

Tinker, similar issue.  Right now the game game is balanced so the faster characters have harder skill checks. Giving Vanessa or Tiffany the option to repair faster changes this dymanic. Why play as AJ or Deborah when I can be Tiffant who's faster and can quickly manage repairs. I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, shodan said:

I like the list but Trasher and Tinker are going to have balance problems.

1. Trasher, nothing should Regen durability. Do you really want counselors to have unbreakable weapons? Unless  balances are made buff Jason then every Chad and Vanessa main will select this and then will always have these and then can just bully Jason with minimal risk to player.  When I'm Jason it's not a big deal to get stunned, in the end the weapon breaks and then they die.

Tinker, similar issue.  Right now the game game is balanced so the faster characters have harder skill checks. Giving Vanessa or Tiffany the option to repair faster changes this dymanic. Why play as AJ or Deborah when I can be Tiffant who's faster and can quickly manage repairs. I

1. Thrashers extra bonus would only apply to the starting weapon. I was thinking one extra hit every 3 - 5 minutes or there abouts. This wouldn’t make the weapon indestructible just let you keep it for the whole match if you’re careful with it. It would be funny to die and come back as Tommy with an ax if you had this perk. 

2. Is utterly useless currently, at its legendary level even a repair character can have a hard time using it. I didn’t offer my own suggestion for it because other people have already given reasons as to why it should be changed around, and I agree with them. 

 

I didn’t say it up top so I’ll say it here. Even if everyone of my suggestions (or anyone else’s who’s ideas happen to be better) was implemented it probably wouldn’t hurt Jason, it would make the game far more dynamic and the old meta would be seen as a crutch for the uncreative. Sorry if that was harsh but as it stands the game can be made more interesting by giving us all new thing to explore and cope with. Don’t get me wrong, Jason will need to be buffed as well. I already stated that this is my assumption up above, I figure it will likely be the next little campfire chat we have with @wes, that is to say after he comes back and talks about this one some more and maybe tells us if he’s giving the go ahead to start working on this to our much respected new Devs. (I miss you illfonic, much respect to you as well.)

As for Jason, I’m going to keep thinking about it till we get asked about it, this topic needs to stay about Perks and how we can improve the system and them directly. We can’t spend to much time off topic or they have no reason to keep reading or do this again. Personally I really like this and would like it to continue, Wes is showing us that he still gives a fuck. While that doesn’t mean new content it does mean this games not dead. Jason always comes back, Wes might not look much like Tommy but we need him and his fence post right now. 

Thanks for reading, and posting everyone, especially the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@xllxENIGMAxllx The biggest reason most people don't use those perks is a lack of math skills. The perk enhancing damage for each team mate nearby, if it were used in piñata parties would be extraordinarily effective as it is now. The same with the perk that gives bonuses to fear resistance... but many players do not understand the value of fear resistance either... or simply think other perks work better for them for what they want to accomplish. You would be shocked by how many people think they can do math as well as the next person, but... for example... how percentages effect things still need to be explained to them.
   +Weapon Damage is not nearly as much of a bonus as you think... Even with two team mates nearby, the perk affecting weapon damage in this way leaves +Weapon Damage in the dust, miles behind it.

@Slasher_Clone Although... I think it was Shifty who mentioned that they recognize Jason is weak right now and are looking at the problem... I don't know how much we can count on a another thread for suggestions to help with this... There are already many threads... a few are recent... with a great deal of suggestions to consider already. 

    You idea for Potent Ranger is interesting with two shots for Tommy's shot gun. It is a very situational perk in most cases... but if this were implemented, I would have to add that suicide should also disqualify that player from becoming Tommy in any match they commit suicide (whether they use this perk or not)... which will leave the perk situational, and with those extra shots... it should remain situational at least. Even with it being situational, I don't think it should double the shot guns ammo beyond Tommy's first shotgun. The shotgun does a lot of damage towards demasking.

@shodan I have to agree that no perk should regenerate weapon durability for any counselor... way to overpowered for counselors such as... the Chad. As I suggested in another post somewhere above... perks that give a percentage bonus based on a counselors stats should now have a set number to benefit all counselors the same way... for example, Man at Arms is useless for low luck counselors, but overpowered for max luck counselors... if it was given a set number of extra weapon strikes before breakage, it would benefit all and still not be over powered. The same can be said about marathon based on stamina... and ALMOST every other perk giving a percentage bonus based on stats.
   Fear resistance is another matter... Even though it is effected by composure, giving everyone the same kind of fear resistance as is has with Jenny running a no fear build could be way too overpowered... an almost fearless Vanessa with her speed and stamina would be WAY harder to catch. The no fear perks are great as they are... even maxed out, it only comes close to being called overpowered for one counselor, and she is slow both in running speed and repair speed. Even with Jenny and this build, fear still needs to be managed.

    Even if they gave 100% bonus to repair speed (doubling it)… Tiffany, and other low repair counselors would not be repairing faster than high repair speed counselors. Also, the faster the repair mini game goes, the harder it gets, particularly with the smaller windows. Slowing the repair speed makes it far easier to not make a mistake with any counselor, but it does not need to be slowed at all, this would be detrimental to any counselor. The idea to make the window bigger (by the given percentage instead of speeding it up) makes pressing the correct button easier for all, even if they have a repair skill of 1... which is, I think … what this perk was originally intended for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Tinker is currently a pretty horrible perk.  The ONLY way it would be helpful is if you wanted to be able to quickly get through repairs and don't care how many times you fail...against even a decent Jason, failing a repair check will bring him straight to you.  If Jason won't be brought with a fail, then why would you care how fast you complete it?

Increasing the size of the skill check would be an advantage; nothing else would really help a poor repair character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, tyrant666 said:

Also...Part 4 Jason should've had a better representation of stats compared to the film.

What it is now

+ Can Run

+ Destruction

+ Weapon Strength

- Traps

- Shift

- Water Speed

What it should've been

+ Can Run

+ Shift (He was at his fastest in the 4th film)

+ Destruction

- Less Hit Points (He was at deaths door in this film)

- Traps (Keep it)

- Defense (Put this in and keep Water Speed neutral because he did kill people in the water in that film)

 

 

I agree with you! J4...with a few small tweaks, would make him a terror, just like the movie portrayed.

I’m liking the idea, of better perks, for higher ranks. Legendary perks, might be better, with no negatives. Especially, because they can be hard to acquire. Keep us forum members updated...thanks @wes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ahab I don't agree that the meta perks need a nerf. The unused perks need to be made useful. If Spatial Awareness could prevent all stumbling I'd happily use it on some counselors. As discussed if Tinker increased the size of the skill checks it'd probably see alot of play. Those are just a couple of examples. That doesn't even go into making sense avoidance perks more viable. That would open up another play style entirely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahab said:


@Slasher_Clone Although... I think it was Shifty who mentioned that they recognize Jason is weak right now and are looking at the problem... I don't know how much we can count on a another thread for suggestions to help with this... There are already many threads... a few are recent... with a great deal of suggestions to consider already. 

    You idea for Potent Ranger is interesting with two shots for Tommy's shot gun. It is a very situational perk in most cases... but if this were implemented, I would have to add that suicide should also disqualify that player from becoming Tommy in any match they commit suicide (whether they use this perk or not)... which will leave the perk situational, and with those extra shots... it should remain situational at least. Even with it being situational, I don't think it should double the shot guns ammo beyond Tommy's first shotgun. The shotgun does a lot of damage towards demasking.

@shodan I have to agree that no perk should regenerate weapon durability for any counselor... way to overpowered for counselors such as... the Chad. As I suggested in another post somewhere above... perks that give a percentage bonus based on a counselors stats should now have a set number to benefit all counselors the same way... for example, Man at Arms is useless for low luck counselors, but overpowered for max luck counselors... if it was given a set number of extra weapon strikes before breakage, it would benefit all and still not be over powered. The same can be said about marathon based on stamina... and ALMOST every other perk giving a percentage bonus based on stats.
   Fear resistance is another matter... Even though it is effected by composure, giving everyone the same kind of fear resistance as is

    Even if they gave 100% bonus to repair speed (doubling it)… Tiffany, and other low repair counselors would not be repairing faster than high repair speed counselors. Also, the faster the repair mini game goes, the harder it gets, particularly with the smaller windows. Slowing the repair speed makes it far easier to not make a mistake with any counselor, but it does not need to be slowed at all, this would be detrimental to any counselor. The idea to make the window bigger (by the given percentage instead of speeding it up) makes pressing the correct button easier for all, even if they have a repair skill of 1... which is, I think … what this perk was originally intended for.

In regards to Potent Ranger. Not sure if I want to see Tommy with two bullets, right now the maps already have two rifles. Usually you can find one sitting at a campsite or at a location not marked on the map (Packanack Archery range, non campsite lawn chairs on Crystal lake, Jarvis, or on randomly selected picnic tables. In the right hands Tommy is a challenge to take down, he already gets an extra life with a guranteed pocket knife, and most us recommend that an early good Jason strategy is to find the radio and make sure the power stays off.

In regards to Tinker buffs, I just realized I may mistyped or wasn't clear. When I'm saying "they can repair faster" im not referring to speed of repairs i mean that the skill checks become larger, it's become easier and faster due to no mistakes.    This is still creates the scenario where it makes then smarter characters less viable. So in the Tiffany example, let's say the checks become as large as AJ's but are at the Tiffany speed. Tiffany is better choice even though her repair is still slower, she's able to transport the item quicky and quietly and if the player smart will save knife to cut the trap almost guaranteeing an uncontested repair. The only time this falls is because she's under pressure because Jason is near and interiors her.

In the end the perks should be geared around maxing out the stat the character is best at. In the example regarding Jenny "no fear" build the player has to sacrafice another perk to do that.

I main AJ and I go for perfect stealth. So swiftfoot and marathon allows me to Sprint undetected with no sound rings and until the noisey players are killed off  Jason isn't going to find me.   He has to keep sense on and manage the toggle because he loses me once it's in recharge. With an epic night owl it raises her composure so I never lose the minimap and keep a decent stamina Regen. 

AJ's role is still the stealth repair ninja.

Jenny's role is meant to fight Jason and without fear penalty.

I just don't want the perks change dynamics  where we were before where an epic thick skinned basically made you immortal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thrawn3054 Medic being used by most players in the game put way too many med sprays in a match... which are mostly used to troll Jason anyway. I do not count them often, but I have counted nineteen or more during a Jason bashing event. That is ridiculous. Reducing it to doubling only the first spray still makes a lot of extra sprays... or even just doubling the first two sprays you pick up... and this should be considered.
   Thick skin can allow seven strikes with an axe before a counselor dies... also ridiculous. Walking away after pulling a bear trap off your leg without limping... also ridiculous. I am not saying it should be cut in half or anything, but a slight reduction in the max damage reduction should be considered.
   The problem isn't in either one perk... neither would even be considered overpowered if the other did not exist... and no I am not saying get rid of one either.

   Sense avoidance is actually pretty good in the hands of someone that knows how to use it and has at least epic versions of the perks. A.J. in the right hands now, using these perks is pretty close to a ninja... I have been up against a few players like this. These players do well playing Jenny with that build. And when Tommy has the perks carried over you get a ninja that can do it all. Zero sound pings and a fair chance not to show up on sense... spamming sense or not, Jason will try somewhere else on his next morph. People give up on this style of play when it doesn't work two or three times in a row. You also need to know how Jason works by playing him to know better what to try not to do... If you move in Jason's line of sight, he will see you without sense. People that only play counselor would be at a disadvantage using these perks, not knowing what Jason looks for or how he "sees" with or without sense.
   I am also not saying these perks should not be looked at, but much of a buff on these and you will have some super powered ninjas roaming around camp Crystal Lake. I will say this... the ninjas would be preferable to the piñata parties.

@shodan I am not sure I want to see Tommy with two bullets either... But it is a good suggestion for making a perk more viable. Even with this, I doubt it would become a meta perk. Still too situational, particularly if you cannot be Tommy from a suicide.

   Making the repair windows say 25% larger... is only adding a quarter of the overall length of the window. For the small ones, that is nothing much (Tiffany's repair window increase would barely be noticeable) ... and many can already do a repair without error on minimum repair skill... which takes what, a about a minute with Jenny to complete without a mistake? (it seems that long, I never timed it)... 25% off of that only brings it to 45 seconds, still along time in this game to stay in one spot, locked in an animation... But just enlarging the windows by that percent will make it easier for low repair counselors... speeding it up makes it harder to do, larger window or not.
   This could make it viable for players that have trouble with the mini game and never play repair consolers for that reason. High repair would become difficult to fail at. Low repair just made a bit easier, but still not hard to fail with. Still situational if you have a bunch of other people on top of things... sometimes, they beat you to finding the parts and doing the repairs.
    No matter what changes, most situational perks will remain situational... perhaps some with a small bonus to something else does not make it less situational for the main bonus to even be used.

   I don't want invincible fully trained marines in the game either. We already have the best medics CP can buy. The counselors are not supposed to be trained hunters of supernatural beings... they are camp counselors. Mind you... a game mode for that would have been interesting.
   These are just suggestions that may give them better ideas than any of us think of... ideas breed like rabbits when shared.
    I don't know how anyone could make aquanaut worth considering, but @Slasher_Clone's idea for giving it a free breakaway and stamina boost in the water, like a pocket knife... This has possibilities... is a stun on Jason with the breakaway long enough to get in the boat and get it started again? Only a +Water speed has a chance to catch you from behind if you can get it moving after that. Also makes boat escapes more viable, if you can get it moving again.

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring Man at Arms back to 25% or even 30% (15% does virtually nothing), nerf Medic to only the first spray picked up being 2 uses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, shodan said:

I like the list but Trasher and Tinker are going to have balance problems.

1. Trasher, nothing should Regen durability. Do you really want counselors to have unbreakable weapons? Unless balances are made bUnless balances very Chad and Vanessa main will select this and they will always have these and they can just bully Jason the minimal risk to the player.  When I'm Jason it'the s not a big deal to get stunned, in the end, the weapon breaks and then, they die.

Tinker, similar issue.  Right now the game is balanced so the characters have harder skill checks. Giving Vanessa or Tiffany the option to repair faster changes this dynamic. Why play as AJ or dynamic when I can be Tiffany who's faster and Tiffany can  manage repair.

Oh my.

20 hours ago, shodan said:

Potent Ranger

Increase your chance to be Tommy, use tickets like Jason selection maybe.

I def agree with this.......

20 hours ago, shodan said:

Psychic

Make Objective items glow when close, like sense works for Jason.

50/50 for me lol.

20 hours ago, shodan said:

Pyro

Can collect multiple Flare Guns, each is one shot.

People would cry and call for nerfs.

20 hours ago, shodan said:

Ice Cold

Disappears from sense when near a dead body, countered by Rage. Bonus stamina for every item looted from a corpse.

Be low-key overpowered lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×