Ahab

Anyone else notice a large increase of very low level Savini Jason users on PC?

In the last few days I have noticed a great many low level players with Savini Jason (on PC)… By low level, I mean brand new players and up to level 20 or so. I don't start accusing them of hacking it... but I have asked a few if they were backers. I have gotten more than a few responses of "the devs don't care" and "they don't ban people for shit anymore." Others choose to remain silent. Viewing the profile of one of these players... he had a caption that stated "Fake account just for Friday the 13th."... but there will be no naming and shaming.

Perhaps the anti cheat program needs an update to detect the updated DLC unlocker? Has the DLC unlocker been updated to work around the anti-cheat updates? I do not know the answers myself...
@ShiftySamurai sorry for tagging you twice in one day, but I thought you might like to know about this at least.

I am a firm believer that hackers should get perma bans in any game.

People who hack end up banned. They might be around for a bit, but it all ends up the same. I get lists of newly banned players every day. If playing as Savini Jason a few times is worth them losing the game, that’s their decision. 

• Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I have seen this a ton also on PC. Someone on ebay is actually selling the method to hack it...

They gotta make that money somehow, as sickening as that is.

19 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

People who hack end up banned. They might be around for a bit, but it all ends up the same. I get lists of newly banned players every day. If playing as Savini Jason a few times is worth them losing the game, that’s their decision. 

Thank you for the clarification (and in the other thread a s well). I am glad to hear this... or read it as the case may be. 

@badassgixxer05 Happy to hear it wasn't just me that noticed this... Down with the guy on E-Bay! It will never sadden me to see any hacker banned in any game. Shifty's answer above just brightened my day!

• Like 1

We have the same on Xbox as well. Dlc needs to be tied to the account only and not through the system it’s on allowing it to stay after game sharing. 

• Like 1

Many lvl150 have the Savini hack. Yesterday there were 3 in my lobby.
Banishing players is not the solution, too many players own this hack. The anticheat program should prevent the game from starting.

• Like 1

Enjoy the bans while they devs can still keep up with it. Eventually the game will no longer have support and then it will be the wild west. Like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1/2 on Xbox 360, or Far Cry 3 multiplayer 6 months after release. Even the best of devs can't keep it up forever so it's gonna happen eventually.

23 hours ago, Ahab said:

In the last few days I have noticed a great many low level players with Savini Jason (on PC)… By low level, I mean brand new players and up to level 20 or so. I don't start accusing them of hacking it... but I have asked a few if they were backers. I have gotten more than a few responses of "the devs don't care" and "they don't ban people for shit anymore." Others choose to remain silent. Viewing the profile of one of these players... he had a caption that stated "Fake account just for Friday the 13th."... but there will be no naming and shaming.

Perhaps the anti cheat program needs an update to detect the updated DLC unlocker? Has the DLC unlocker been updated to work around the anti-cheat updates? I do not know the answers myself...
@ShiftySamurai sorry for tagging you twice in one day, but I thought you might like to know about this at least.

I am a firm believer that hackers should get perma bans in any game.

I'e defiantly noticed the decline of the Savini's. It used to be 4 or people had it set and now you're lucky to see one.  To be, not a big loss.  The design is cool, however i find the music to be grating. I'm also not a fan of the trident either.  I wish we had gotten the pitchfork, but it is what it is. 

Right now it seems to be back to lots of Part3, 5 and eights.  There are more 7's since the rebalance and rarely 8's.  This is on PC.

47 minutes ago, shodan said:

I'e defiantly noticed the decline of the Savini's. It used to be 4 or people had it set and now you're lucky to see one.  To be, not a big loss.  The design is cool, however i find the music to be grating. I'm also not a fan of the trident either.  I wish we had gotten the pitchfork, but it is what it is. 

Right now it seems to be back to lots of Part3, 5 and eights.  There are more 7's since the rebalance and rarely 8's.  This is on PC.

I think you misread my post... it was not about a decline in Savini Jason at all.
   I too am on PC... and also would have loved to have the regular pitchfork for everyone (but not necessarily with Savini's kills... backer exclusive and all that). But I do accept it for what it is and am still able to enjoy the game without worrying about things we will not get.
   This does not mean we cannot lament what could have been... But backer exclusive is backer exclusive... the only thing I regret about that one is I did not hear about this game in time to get a Savini Jason for myself. I never had a problem with not ever having access to it because I missed it. No new content means we will also never see any of the other kill packs that they were working on... you can see Kane Hodder's mo-cap vids for some of them on youtube… This, and perhaps any new maps that could have been is all I really regret that we will never see... and maybe Uber Jason, it would have been nice for one more Jason to be in game... but it is what it is. The milk has been spilled and all that.

I do not mind seeing a legit Savini at all in game, and you do not see a whole lot of legit Savini Jasons any more, which is unfortunate. But lately, there are a great many Savini Jasons in game... that brand new players have (and as someone else mentioned above, some veteran players that are not backers are also getting him with this hack... it is not just newer players). As I stated above, when they are asked... a good many admit to it... thinking they will not get banned... and I am all for banning any hacker.
   The music does get a bit grating after a while... I agree... That little tune is not necessarily Harry Manfredini's best work... but no artist can make everything they come up with a work of excellence.

@Horror13 Then too many players are thieves and deserve to be banned, if not outright charged with theft. The DLCs that they are unlocking cost money for the actual legit players... Savini Jason was not free and was an exclusive reward to those who backed the game... also costing money to get him at the time. It may not add up to much money... but it is still theft and banning should be the least of their worries.
   As you may be able to tell... I have an even bigger issue with thieves (petty or otherwise) than I do with hackers. I am all for banning them. If you let even one get away with it... the masses of entitled snowflakes will jump on that train... and then you have problems. Lack of punishment leads to escalation, not the other way around.

• Like 1

They should just release it as dlc now.  many games do that. preorder or kickstarter backer items end up as payed dlc anyways. with no new content ever coming to this game other then patches they should release savini as a dlc. then no one would have to hack and they would make money too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lostshadowz said:

They should just release it as dlc now.  many games do that. preorder or kickstarter backer items end up as payed dlc anyways. with no new content ever coming to this game other then patches they should release savini as a dlc. then no one would have to hack and they would make money too.

No... they should not.
   Name even one game (or anything else for that matter) that released content that was promised to be and sold as "exclusive to backers only" to the masses. Even if you could find one... it was probably many years on and makes your argument irrelevant. There answer given by the devs to way more people than it EVER should have needed to be explained to is a resounding… No, it will never happen.

You missed it, I missed it, they missed it. I never even considered it as something I needed to question... I missed the opportunity and have no problem accepting that. The sense of entitlement of those that cry for it has been answered... many times... unless you were a backer and paid for it at the time you ARE NOT entitled to it. Continuing to whine and cry trying to justify why anyone else should have it... is just that... whining and crying.

This thread is not about ANY reasoning for anyone who is not a backer to EVER have Savini Jason. It is very simply stated in the title of the thread.

No one "has to hack"... it is a choice... and when it is against the rules and worthy of a ban... then they should be banned for making this choice every time. It is not like it happens by accident... is it.

• Like 1

ahab

When you have 1 or more Savini 1 lobby on 2 pc it shock me.
When I see the same players with their bloody Savini for months I wonder who is banned?

The seller of the hack on Ebay removes his sale after 28 hacks sold and sells it again to avoid being spotted. Is he banned from Ebay for months that he practices this?

This problem is not a priority maybe or well ?

If you want to reply to someone... and you want them to see it... you need to tag them, like this @Horror13 Just writing someone's name does nothing.

If you have been paying attention to the forums for a while... a new thread asking to be unbanned with the person claiming they did nothing pops up more often than you might think. Sometimes they even get an answer... you were banned for using the DLC unlocker... is the most popular answer I have seen… This and... If you read Shifty's reply to my questions in the initial post you may realize you do not need to wonder who is getting banned... That would be non of our business... naming and shaming is not allowed... for good reasons. Suffice to say... they are getting banned.
   Sometimes when you see the same Savini player for months... it is actually a backer, or someone who was given, or bought a legit code from a backer that purchase several codes for whatever reason... There was quite a few people who bought several codes for Savini Jason while they could and it would be up to them what to do with them... being they legitimately bought them.
   I never said it was a priority... I had questions... which you would know if you read the initial post and the answer that was given.

Also... if someone was wrongly banned for whatever reason... which can actually happen... I am not against them being allowed back in at all. There may be many people that do not deserve permanent bans... but there are also many people that just do the same thing again at the first opportunity. If people could actually learn their lesson... and play within the rules... fine. But many cannot. These people can easily ruin it for others that can actually learn their lesson and play fair. It is not up to us with any of these decisions though.

IF anyone wanted to charge the seller on E-Bay... people tend to forget, there is a digital footprint that is even better than any paper trail. Just because you delete something on your computer, does not mean it is deleted from say... E-bay's servers... or files, they have to keep track of ALL transactions and you cannot delete their files. He can change his ID all he wants, if anyone wanted to have him charged, it would not be very difficult to find out who it is... along with exactly how many sales he has made, across the board... no matter how many times he or she changes their name. Chances are this same person has been selling more than one thing that he could be charged for.
   I am not even saying he should be charged with anything... That would not be up to me, or you. It would be up to the people that are being ripped off.

Also... don't defend shit behavior. It makes you part of the problem just by defending it. It also makes it look like you are trying to justify your own behavior. If even one person sees this thread and thinks twice about hacking... then that is a good thing... and then perhaps they will not be banned from a game they like to play for doing something stupid.

• Like 1

It was a easy fix but they didn’t want to do it. Patch him out of the game,reissue new backer codes and have them tied to the account. That’s the only way to fix the savini mess that came to be. Never would have had a lot of these problems if they did this from the beginning and only printed as many codes as they had backers like they said. 

• Like 1

savi was listed on the psn store for 6 usd at one point. full description and all.  even if it was listed as a mistake the fact they had all the info meant they were thinking of selling it as dlc down the road before the whole lawsuit issue.

Link to the psn savini

1 hour ago, lostshadowz said:

savi was listed on the psn store for 6 usd at one point. full description and all.  even if it was listed as a mistake the fact they had all the info meant they were thinking of selling it as dlc down the road before the whole lawsuit issue.

Link to the psn savini

Don't need to see the quote, I know all about it. Sony did it without knowing they shouldn't. This was explained a long time ago when it happened in a thread on these forums and does not justify your point in the least.... Not even a little bit.
   There is a search option here in the forums if you want to read up about it.... Spoiler Alert!.... the answer is still a resounding NO!

@Ahab

Yes soney published when they shouldn't, but Soney doesn't  just randomly assign a price tag to things they put on the store. the very fact that it had a price tag and description on the psn store means at some point they were going to publish it.  you don't give all that info for dlc thats only going to select few people and never going to be public.

We can agree to disagree. I think it should be paid dlc and you don't. if it was paid dlc less people would hack it into their game.

35 minutes ago, lostshadowz said:

@Ahab

Yes soney published when they shouldn't, but Soney doesn't  just randomly assign a price tag to things they put on the store. the very fact that it had a price tag and description on the psn store means at some point they were going to publish it.  you don't give all that info for dlc thats only going to select few people and never going to be public.

We can agree to disagree. I think it should be paid dlc and you don't. if it was paid dlc less people would hack it into their game.

If Savini was a paid DLC it would not cut down on the hackers at all.... its not like this is the only thing being hacked with the DLC unlocker. There are also many other hacks. Permanent bans stops hackers as they can no longer get into the game unless they buy it again on another account. In which case, many just do it again. Which only means more money for the company that made the game for each time they get banned and make another account to buy it again. Stupid is as stupid does.

Opinions aside.... Savini Jason will NEVER be available again. It has been written, it has been done... and it is done. No one's opinion is going to change that and neither should it. Accept it for what it is and move on.

@Cer1alkill3r The DLC unlocker would still unlock it even if your suggestion was implemented... But I think that would have stopped people from selling hot codes at least.

@Kodiak I never meant for this to turn into a thread for people to start asking for Savini Jason again. My questions have been answered... I am not the only person that noticed this, and Shifty's reply put a smile on my face.
   Feel free to lock this thread as I can see where it is going from here. Some people just cannot take no for an answer.
      Thank you.

how do you even tell if a 150 is cheating to get savin? i understand how you can on low levels but otherwise i dont see how you can tell if there 130+

1 hour ago, shady said:

how do you even tell if a 150 is cheating to get savin? i understand how you can on low levels but otherwise i dont see how you can tell if there 130+

Certain hacks are obvious, such as the speed hack, or someone using more pocket knives in a row than are actually in a match... You cannot tell if anyone is hacking without asking them in this case... many admit to it. As I stated up top in the first post in this thread... "The devs don't care" and "They don't ban people for shit anymore" are the most common answers from those that are willing to admit it... and there are more willing to admit it than you would think. Some of them have even more colorful responses to the question.

I don't think you do understand though... allow me to explain... Do not assume all backer are level130+...
   I am sure there are backers that are not very high level yet either, so do not assume they are hacking because of their level, it is merely an indicator of the possibility... Even a year and a half into the games life, many people do not have a lot of time to play games, but still enjoy playing when they can find the time... and this game is not necessarily the only game they want to play. So I do not accuse anyone. But I am not afraid to ask someone if they are a backer.
   I do not come down on those that admit it in any way either. Some of these people don't even realize that Savini Jason was exclusive to backers... which is made obvious when they respond with... "Why would you think I was a backer, I just got the game."... But if they do not know that hacking is a bannable offence, I hope they discover this fact the hard way.

I asked a question when I made this thread out of curiosity... But I knew people were still being banned as threads pop up every now and again asking to be unbanned... which kind of makes that part pretty obvious. I was not even asking if people were still being banned... But I will say it again... I am a firm believer that hackers should be banned... in ANY game... as long as there is valid proof of the offence. Proof is the most important part... too many people call out "Hacker!" for no reason. Many backers have been called hacker for just having Savini Jason.

Flooding the devs with reports just because someone used a Savini Jason would be ridiculous... and as Shifty's answer to my questions from the first post make it obvious, they do not need a report for this at any rate... they will be detected and banned, it just does not necessarily happen the first few times they use it... and stating how many times it takes would be letting these people know too much.

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Certain hacks are obvious, such as the speed hack, or someone using more pocket knives in a row than are actually in a match... You cannot tell if anyone is hacking without asking them in this case... many admit to it. As I stated up top in the first post in this thread... "The devs don't care" and "They don't ban people for shit anymore" are the most common answers from those that are willing to admit it... and there are more willing to admit it than you would think. Some of them have even more colorful responses to the question.

I don't think you do understand though... allow me to explain... Do not assume all backer are level130+...
   I am sure there are backers that are not very high level yet either, so do not assume they are hacking because of their level, it is merely an indicator of the possibility... Even a year and a half into the games life, many people do not have a lot of time to play games, but still enjoy playing when they can find the time... and this game is not necessarily the only game they want to play. So I do not accuse anyone. But I am not afraid to ask someone if they are a backer.
   I do not come down on those that admit it in any way either. Some of these people don't even realize that Savini Jason was exclusive to backers... which is made obvious when they respond with... "Why would you think I was a backer, I just got the game."... But if they do not know that hacking is a bannable offence, I hope they discover this fact the hard way.

I asked a question when I made this thread out of curiosity... But I knew people were still being banned as threads pop up every now and again asking to be unbanned... which kind of makes that part pretty obvious. I was not even asking if people were still being banned... But I will say it again... I am a firm believer that hackers should be banned... in ANY game... as long as there is valid proof of the offence. Proof is the most important part... too many people call out "Hacker!" for no reason. Many backers have been called hacker for just having Savini Jason.

Flooding the devs with reports just because someone used a Savini Jason would be ridiculous... and as Shifty's answer to my questions from the first post make it obvious, they do not need a report for this at any rate... they will be detected and banned, it just does not necessarily happen the first few times they use it... and stating how many times it takes would be letting these people know too much.

there is one way to find out, but you would need a screencap of there DLC page which will show savini there if its legit, the DLL file wont show it

2 hours ago, shady said:

there is one way to find out, but you would need a screencap of there DLC page which will show savini there if its legit, the DLL file wont show it

We can just leave it to the devs… even if the anti cheat needs an update... people forget, even if they delete the DLC unlocker… it is still recorded in the registry that it was installed... and other places on their computer that most people would never even think of. Also, on their own servers... all the devs have to do is look at your account and it will tell them how many times you have used each Jason. Its amazing what computers keep track of and how little people know about it. The player highlight (on f13game.com) has changed many times and has given us a clue as to the details they can follow. It just has not changed now for many months.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:27 PM, Ahab said:

I think you misread my post... it was not about a decline in Savini Jason at all.
   I too am on PC... and also would have loved to have the regular pitchfork for everyone (but not necessarily with Savini's kills... backer exclusive and all that). But I do accept it for what it is and am still able to enjoy the game without worrying about things we will not get.
   This does not mean we cannot lament what could have been... But backer exclusive is backer exclusive... the only thing I regret about that one is I did not hear about this game in time to get a Savini Jason for myself. I never had a problem with not ever having access to it because I missed it. No new content means we will also never see any of the other kill packs that they were working on... you can see Kane Hodder's mo-cap vids for some of them on youtube… This, and perhaps any new maps that could have been is all I really regret that we will never see... and maybe Uber Jason, it would have been nice for one more Jason to be in game... but it is what it is. The milk has been spilled and all that.

I do not mind seeing a legit Savini at all in game, and you do not see a whole lot of legit Savini Jasons any more, which is unfortunate. But lately, there are a great many Savini Jasons in game... that brand new players have (and as someone else mentioned above, some veteran players that are not backers are also getting him with this hack... it is not just newer players). As I stated above, when they are asked... a good many admit to it... thinking they will not get banned... and I am all for banning any hacker.
   The music does get a bit grating after a while... I agree... That little tune is not necessarily Harry Manfredini's best work... but no artist can make everything they come up with a work of excellence.

@Horror13 Then too many players are thieves and deserve to be banned, if not outright charged with theft. The DLCs that they are unlocking cost money for the actual legit players... Savini Jason was not free and was an exclusive reward to those who backed the game... also costing money to get him at the time. It may not add up to much money... but it is still theft and banning should be the least of their worries.
   As you may be able to tell... I have an even bigger issue with thieves (petty or otherwise) than I do with hackers. I am all for banning them. If you let even one get away with it... the masses of entitled snowflakes will jump on that train... and then you have problems. Lack of punishment leads to escalation, not the other way around.

I just wish I could swap out my savini pitchfork with other jasons haha :P funnily enough I just saw a kid the other day who had a LEGIT savini and was only  level 45, he stopped playing after the whole period of shitty jason gameplay back when counselors could daisy chain endlessly. It's cool to see people who have recently started playing again because of the new Blacktower Studio balances and bug smashing. Game is super smooth at the moment and I can't wait for the upcoming perk overhaul, if the rightsholders eventually settle and content somehow picks back up, we will have a STRONG gameplay base to continue on with. thats how I look at it anyways :D I played from 8:00 to 5:30 last night and didn't have a single bad game, so here's to us OG backers and savini owners! Also, shoutout to my fellow Jenny Meyers mains!

post-3810-0-57815700-1491824508_thumb.png

@ConnectTheKings I would think there are still other backers that are even lower level than that. There is a great many reasons why they have not played enough to be at level 150. Lack of free time to play... other games to play... a whole bunch of stuff in real life that needs to be done before they can find the time... some were not happy with the state of the game and put it down to try and come back after balance or bug fixes... and so on.
    There are a lot of people who own the game after all. I am not sure how many backers there were, but there are many... Many still come into the game when they have the time... but does a backer chooses to use Savini when they do play?... a few backers have posted here that they do not use Savini Jason anymore simply because they are accused of hacking every time they use it... some like other Jasons better.

A patch by Blacktower Studios has not yet been released, hopefully when they do release their first patch, it works better than previous patches. But it may take a while for new devs who are not familiar with the coding to come out with a working patch... patience is a good thing.
     I did not know that backers could not switch the pitchfork around with other Jasons… I had not thought of that. Maybe that is coming someday... weapon swapping is not new content and could still be adjusted to include existing content such as the Savini pitch fork. If only backers could do it, this could make hackers even easier to detect when they use it... just through simple usage of something they are not supposed to have.

• Like 1