Ahab

Anyone else notice a large increase of very low level Savini Jason users on PC?

People who hack to access content they do not own get banned. It’s not instant, but it doesn’t typically take too long. The increase in emails and reports we are getting that say “I was banned for no reason” have nearly all been attributed to DLC access hacking. We double check and respond to each one of those emails.

So, yeah, we’ve noticed an uptick in players using this Jason that shouldn’t be able to, as well as an increase in player bans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2018 at 11:54 PM, Fair Play said:

You shouldn't punish people who buy something that was released by mistake for two reasons.

1. The person buying the DLC had no way of knowing if it was a mistake or not. They shouldn't be banned for the mistake of another person.

2. The content was not free. People paid for it, so the transaction was legal. People who missed out don't feel it's fair, but sometimes "right place, right time" applies to this kind of situation. If I made a mistake and sold something I shouldn't have, that would be my fault, not the people who paid for it.

People who unlock Savini Jason for free by hacking should always be punished.

As far as the game being free for download, it's a way to pull new players in. The more people who enjoy the game, the longer it will stick around. If you were a PS Plus member, and you got the game during October, then it's all fair. Sometimes it's a good idea to wait and you may get a free game out of it.

On the subject of permanent bans, rules are rules. If someone says not to do something, and you choose to do it, then you broke the rules, and should be punished. It may seem unfair with a 1 strike rule, but if that's how the company sets it, you have to respect their decision.

They look at it like the more people with it, the less special it is to them. I can't say I blame them.

Sometimes people complain because they want to be part of an argument and feel like they've won at some point.

Thanks for your feedback noted!

2 hours ago, pilospc said:

Thanks for your feedback noted!

You're welcome.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:05 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

People who hack to access content they do not own get banned. It’s not instant, but it doesn’t typically take too long. The increase in emails and reports we are getting that say “I was banned for no reason” have nearly all been attributed to DLC access hacking. We double check and respond to each one of those emails.

So, yeah, we’ve noticed an uptick in players using this Jason that shouldn’t be able to, as well as an increase in player bans. 

Good to know that something's being done about it.