Sign in to follow this  
AvgGamer

Help Jason

Hello, I’m an average, casual gamer, and just started playing this game last week. In the week I’ve been playing I noticed more and more teams made up almost entirely of Venessa.  Whether I’m Jason or on team Venessa I notice Jason usually only gets 2 or 3 kills as all the Venessa’s run circles around him, unless the person is a really good Jason. However, for new players and average/casual players, like myself, are there any suggestions or tips how to counter a speed team as Jason?

As of yesterday I started to just back out of these games while still in the lobby.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@AvgGamer Check out these threads under the General Discussion section. Both are pinned near the top of the list.

"The Playbook - Techniques and Strategies" and "Tips for those of you who are having trouble"

I don't know why, but whenever I post these as links... they never come up properly.

Also, welcome to the forums!

A skilled Vanessa can be a nightmare even for good Jasons. Your best bet is to try to catch them unaware. Make sure you're using stalk. It's invaluable. Otherwise just do your best and don't be discouraged. It takes time to learn the ins and outs.

Also, remember that Vanessa has low skill checks.  A good counter is Part 2 Jason due to his extra traps.  Force her to use up her resources to get past your traps and have a few left over to block key entrances and exits.  

Also, if they group up right away, resist the urge to kill them outright.  Watch for one going for the sweater, then kill that one before Tommy has a chance to be called in.  As mentioned, use stalk as much as possible to catch them off guard.  

Just don't let Tommy and the sweater girl get together.