Sign in to follow this  
TWarner

Why not a New Game ?

I know this has already probably been brought up before but Horror Inc has nothing to do with Summer Camp correct ?  Do they not want to pursue another Camp themed game ?  I bet there are many aspects of this game that they had in mind before getting the F13 License that could still be done so why not make a different game ?  Just wanting to know what others are thinking about this. Perhaps they don't want to attempt another kickstarter or crowd funding because of all of the backlash from this game. Seems after F13 came out there are several games in the works with the same kind of idea IE - Hide or Die , Last Year The Nightmare ( I think they have been working on that one as long as F13 has been around. ) My point is that Gun isn't going to close shop because of what has happened and will continue to make games so why not a similar game. I would support another crowd funding attempt. I know they have taken a beating over bugs and glitches and other game issues but I still enjoy the game.  @wes I didn't see anything in the FAQ about that possibility.     

• Like 4

I’d play a refined version of Friday, it doesn’t have to take place at a camp either. Factory, hospital, suburbs, a freakin zoo it doesn’t really matter, the possibilities are endless. 

• Like 5

As much as I love the F13 franchise, the original Summer Camp idea probably would have been the better long-term move.  Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

• Like 1

I don't think its worth the resources.

It makes more sense to do a special edition of F13 Game or something when the lawsuit ends. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

they should just start over to learn from mistakes in this game. Plus the community is toxic full of teaming up and cheating. Been playing about 2 weeks and did not take long to catch on to it. A new game needs to have no party chat allowed where the game wont play if party chat active to prevent cheaters. Also to many 8 yr olds playing and ruining the game. I have to play 4-5 games just to find one where nobody is teaming. Worst thing is when a 8 yr old comes back as Tommy, your really screwed...lol

• Like 2

I was thinking the same and I wrote something similar on another thread. I guess it is not worth investing on that from Gun Media. 
Anyways I would also replicate the 80s atmosphere and completely love the idea of having a match of this kind in a zoo. :)

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 2:07 PM, TWarner said:

I know this has already probably been brought up before but Horror Inc has nothing to do with Summer Camp correct ?  Do they not want to pursue another Camp themed game ?  I bet there are many aspects of this game that they had in mind before getting the F13 License that could still be done so why not make a different game ?  Just wanting to know what others are thinking about this. Perhaps they don't want to attempt another kickstarter or crowd funding because of all of the backlash from this game. Seems after F13 came out there are several games in the works with the same kind of idea IE - Hide or Die , Last Year The Nightmare ( I think they have been working on that one as long as F13 has been around. ) My point is that Gun isn't going to close shop because of what has happened and will continue to make games so why not a similar game. I would support another crowd funding attempt. I know they have taken a beating over bugs and glitches and other game issues but I still enjoy the game.  @wes I didn't see anything in the FAQ about that possibility.     

This game proved the market was there. All the other games that are similar in nature show us that there's a lot of potential in this type of genre. Somewhere down the road, I'm sure someone will take another stab at an F13 game, once the licensing issues are sorted out.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:31 PM, gtdjlocker311 said:

As much as I love the F13 franchise, the original Summer Camp idea probably would have been the better long-term move.  Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

I agree. If this game has stayed Summer Camp, things could have and likely would have turned out differently. The trade-off is that it wouldn't have had a well known franchise name to help sell it.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:54 PM, chewie1974 said:

they should just start over to learn from mistakes in this game. Plus the community is toxic full of teaming up and cheating. Been playing about 2 weeks and did not take long to catch on to it. A new game needs to have no party chat allowed where the game wont play if party chat active to prevent cheaters. Also to many 8 yr olds playing and ruining the game. I have to play 4-5 games just to find one where nobody is teaming. Worst thing is when a 8 yr old comes back as Tommy, your really screwed...lol

Any game could have a toxic community. Also, party chat isn't the only way that players could cheat.

• Like 1

Do it like Part 8: 2 v 7

7 counselors, 2 "killers." One "physical" Jason, the big hockey mask man, and one "ghost boy" Jason that can't interact physically with counselors. The kid Jason is invisible and can temporarily appear to scare the counselors, spiking their fear and highlighting their location to the physical Jason player.

9 hours ago, chewie1974 said:

You're over exaggerating.   Because its no where near that bad and i've been playing for over a year (Compared to your two weeks)

If all you're playing is with children then i highly suggest you wait till later on in the day to play it.

Either way, Public games are fun because its so random.  If you want to play with serious players then look for private matches.

16 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

You’re underestimating the value of the F13 brand name. It is highly unlikely that I and many, many others would have bought the game otherwise. Heck, I bought a PS4 just to play this game. I wouldn’t have done that for a no name like “Summer Camp”. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You’re underestimating the value of the F13 brand name. It is highly unlikely that I and many, many others would have bought the game otherwise. Heck, I bought a PS4 just to play this game. I wouldn’t have done that for a no name like “Summer Camp”. 

Totally agree with this. I had never played an online game until this one and didn’t even have PS Plus. I would have never bought the game  nor paid for PS Plus if it wasn’t Friday the 13th. 

I’m hopping that they are working on a new game with another a list killer that’s rights aren’t so messy right now. Halloween,Texas chainsaw massacre,hell raiser or a nightmare on elm street but only if they can get the real Freddy. 

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Are you the type of guy who buys cereal because you like the cartoon character who promotes it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, gtdjlocker311 said:

Are you the type of guy who buys cereal because you like the cartoon character who promotes it?

Do you realize that you’re comparing a product that costs $4 versus a $40 game that needs a $300 system plus a $25 subscription fee every 3 months just to play? You’re being silly. 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:07 AM, Cer1alkill3r said:

I’m hopping that they are working on a new game with another a list killer that’s rights aren’t so messy right now. Halloween,Texas chainsaw massacre,hell raiser or a nightmare on elm street but only if they can get the real Freddy. 

I'm hoping whoever gets the rights to another franchise with an all-star killing machine (Freddy, Michael, etc.) has things on point from day one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Do you realize that you’re comparing a product that costs $4 versus a $40 game that needs a $300 system plus a $25 subscription fee every 3 months just to play? You’re being silly. 

Yes, I was being silly.  

But I also think that it's kinda silly to support a game based solely on a license, especially given the generally poor quality of movie-license-based games over the years.

I thought the game looked like a buy when it was Summer Camp, and the adding of the license sweetened it for me, since I like the film series.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Yes, I was being silly.  

But I also think that it's kinda silly to support a game based solely on a license, especially given the generally poor quality of movie-license-based games over the years.

I thought the game looked like a buy when it was Summer Camp, and the adding of the license sweetened it for me, since I like the film series.

I don’t support the game solely for the license, at least not now that I play it, but the fact remains that they got the vast majority of their backing from people that wanted an official Friday the 13th game, not an offbrand copycat. If you think that the game would be better off with a far smaller player base and never getting dedicated servers, then okay. I disagree. 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, gtdjlocker311 said:

Hes still right. We have to assume regardless if it launched as f13 or summer camp it would have had most of the same issues. A lot of people gave them a pass due to this game being the best f13 released. If this game was summer camp it would have died just like the culling did. 

18 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Hes still right. We have to assume regardless if it launched as f13 or summer camp it would have had most of the same issues. A lot of people gave them a pass due to this game being the best f13 released. If this game was summer camp it would have died just like the culling did. 

You very well could be right.  But IF people didn't abandon the game, the advantage of the generic Summer Camp is that there would be no licensing issues, and updates and content could continue to be added.  Oh well...

I would be down with this fun gameplay being translated into a spiritual sequel. A fun 80's atmosphere some intresting killers, locations and characters and you could really have something because the gameplay is enjoyable. They could also learn from the mistakes that were made with Friday and make an even better game. @wes

• Like 2