Sign in to follow this  
DecDominus

We Need The Vote Kick

22 hours ago, HuDawg said:

And those same pricks will use it to vote kick anyone, all the time for what ever reason they see fit

I understand that vote could be useful, i just also know it will be used in an unintended way constantly.

For me, i just get flash backs of my L4D days, where people would spam vote kick for the dumbest reasons OR just out of pure spite.  And the end result is vote kick was handy when dealing with people who should be kicked.  But most of the time it wasn't.

I can handle that. 

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I still play a little L4D and L4D2 when I have the free time to do so. There's so many fond memories of both games. Not so much the vote kick though.

It was / is a good game... but the vote to kick left me playing single player... which just got boring. Uninstalled it long time ago and never had any desire to reinstall it.

5 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It was / is a good game... but the vote to kick left me playing single player... which just got boring. Uninstalled it long time ago and never had any desire to reinstall it.

For me it just made me have to argue with people... And once i start arguing I really hold my ground if i disliked the reasoning behind the vote kick. Which usually ended up with the person who started the vote kick, trying to team kill sabotage the game. I had no problem carrying newbies.

In the case of Vs. Vote spam was just a distraction. Or other random things.

Like im doing a good job with a tank, throwing rock and keeping the survivors at bay. Only i get vote kicked because i didn't rush in with the tank... 

Sadly most people are lemmings, they saw a vote kick pop up and instantly agreed with the vote kick.

Always loved rejoining vs games i was kicked from, only end up on the other team and kicking the vote kickers ass's.  Especially when the all raged quit.

@HuDawg Back when I was playing that one... I was not using a mic, which was the instant reason to vote to kick me. I thought this was strange as almost every game of it I did play... no one spoke. When they did speak, I tried to do what they asked... either way, I stayed with the team to help out as much as possible. At the time, I was not going to go out and buy a mic just for that game. 
    Like you said... most people saw the vote and instantly agreed with it.
    I didn't even buy a mic until Mass Effect 3 came out... and it was very rare that anyone spoke in that game either.

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

@HuDawg Back when I was playing that one... I was not using a mic, which was the instant reason to vote to kick me. I thought this was strange as almost every game of it I did play... no one spoke. When they did speak, I tried to do what they asked... either way, I stayed with the team to help out as much as possible. At the time, I was not going to go out and buy a mic just for that game. 
    Like you said... most people saw the vote and instantly agreed with it.
    I didn't even buy a mic until Mass Effect 3 came out... and it was very rare that anyone spoke in that game either.

In my experience, I've found that in a lot of games with mics, if you play with the right people, you kinda know what they are thinking and rarely have to communicate. It's just hard to find players with that kind of instinct.

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

@HuDawg Back when I was playing that one... I was not using a mic, which was the instant reason to vote to kick me

The people who vote kicked people with no mics where either control freaks ( That loved to give orders) or oblivious ( had low awareness and need mics)

For me, i could tell in 10 seconds how a player was..  Mic or no Mic.    If a L4D player had that nervous twitch and constantly kept looking at team mates, clearing people off and watching their back, yet had no mic.   Having a mic didn't matter..

The game gave ample sound and visual cues.   Infact people who talked to much just made it worse because they drowned out the audio.

@Fair Play @HuDawg I have to agree... mics are never a requirement in my opinion. It is easy to see if a player is being helpful and working for the team, or against it. I play F13 with quite a few people that either have no mic, or just don't use it. Some of them are the best players I have seen in game.

I never liked control freaks... most of them have no idea what they are doing in the first place, making them oblivious. 
    And I agree with you HuDawg… people that talk too much in game can make you miss important sound ques... But on the other hand... making Jason miss an important sound que can be considered a viable tactic in this game... he is on a team of his own after all. Or at least, he is usually on a team of his own... supposed to be on a team of his own... you get my point.

9 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Fair Play @HuDawg I have to agree... mics are never a requirement in my opinion. It is easy to see if a player is being helpful and working for the team, or against it. I play F13 with quite a few people that either have no mic, or just don't use it. Some of them are the best players I have seen in game.

I never liked control freaks... most of them have no idea what they are doing in the first place, making them oblivious. 
    And I agree with you HuDawg… people that talk too much in game can make you miss important sound ques... But on the other hand... making Jason miss an important sound que can be considered a viable tactic in this game... he is on a team of his own after all. Or at least, he is usually on a team of his own... supposed to be on a team of his own... you get my point.

I agree that control freaks tend to kill the mood in the game. I never thought about Jason missing a sound cue.

14 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I agree that control freaks tend to kill the mood in the game. I never thought about Jason missing a sound cue.

I never thought of it until someone did it to me. A player with music playing over their mic can be annoying to many people (unless they take requests), but the Jason player will miss his sound ques unless he mutes them. His sound ques are fairly quiet after all.
   I don't necessarily want the other players playing the music and I will mute them (unless I like the tune)... but it works both ways. You cannot hear Jason's music or his footsteps when someone's music is playing either. I have fallen to many Jason players literally getting a free use of stalk because I did not mute the music from other players.

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

I never thought of it until someone did it to me. A player with music playing over their mic can be annoying to many people (unless they take requests), but the Jason player will miss his sound ques unless he mutes them. His sound ques are fairly quiet after all.
   I don't necessarily want the other players playing the music and I will mute them (unless I like the tune)... but it works both ways. You cannot hear Jason's music or his footsteps when someone's music is playing either. I have fallen to many Jason players literally getting a free use of stalk because I did not mute the music from other players.

It's always fun when the one playing music is taking requests, and the music isn't overbearingly loud.

• Like 1

Not picking a fight but I like mic’s, the chatter is immersive, I mean that’s why you miss sound ques. The other thing I like about mic’s is when you do have two or three people giving clear call outs. I get that as Jason that’s not necessarily the best but as a Counselor or Survivor or whatever, It can be fun to work the mic’s to allow you to set up stuff for whoever is being chased. A good call out can save your life after all.

I mean Dbd’s biggest weakness is it’s lack of mic’s and communication. As is, Identity V is the exact same game and it’s a phone game. If you actually had to worry about a killer hearing you talking the game would be much more tense. With that said I’m glad Friday is a more expansive game and has proximity chat. 

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It's always fun when the one playing music is taking requests, and the music isn't overbearingly loud.

I've had a Jason playey playing 'wheels on the bus go round and round'.. on repeat.

I almost lost my mind. ... 

• Haha 1

@Slasher_Clone The proximity chat is a nice feature... and can keep other people's music to a minimum when they have the courtesy to not pick up a walkie talkie. 
   When playing Jason, I like to knock on the cabin door when I know someone is in there and ask... "Do you have a few minutes to speak about our lord and destroyer Cthuhlu? I have pamphlets!" There are even a few people who wanted to see these pamphlets... but it is merely a ploy to get them to open the door... In the words of P.T. Barnum... "There is one born every minute."

@HuDawg I have played with a Retro Jason that was playing that tune on repeat before as well. It was funny at first... but I did lose my mind before the end. I still have not found it... pretty sure I lost it in the lake.

16 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not picking a fight but I like mic’s, the chatter is immersive, I mean that’s why you miss sound ques. The other thing I like about mic’s is when you do have two or three people giving clear call outs. I get that as Jason that’s not necessarily the best but as a Counselor or Survivor or whatever, It can be fun to work the mic’s to allow you to set up stuff for whoever is being chased. A good call out can save your life after all.

I mean Dbd’s biggest weakness is it’s lack of mic’s and communication. As is, Identity V is the exact same game and it’s a phone game. If you actually had to worry about a killer hearing you talking the game would be much more tense. With that said I’m glad Friday is a more expansive game and has proximity chat.

There are those who like mic use and those who don't. I have my moment where I enjoy each perspective. I can understand the need for clear communication to encourage teamwork, and I don't oppose that.

13 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I've had a Jason playey playing 'wheels on the bus go round and round'.. on repeat.

I almost lost my mind. ... 

That is a classic counter troll song. It's also a great torture song too. It's going on both of my lists. It won't make the "awesome music to kill to" list though.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@Slasher_Clone The proximity chat is a nice feature... and can keep other people's music to a minimum when they have the courtesy to not pick up a walkie talkie. 
   When playing Jason, I like to knock on the cabin door when I know someone is in there and ask... "Do you have a few minutes to speak about our lord and destroyer Cthuhlu? I have pamphlets!" There are even a few people who wanted to see these pamphlets... but it is merely a ploy to get them to open the door... In the words of P.T. Barnum... "There is one born every minute."

@HuDawg I have played with a Retro Jason that was playing that tune on repeat before as well. It was funny at first... but I did lose my mind before the end. I still have not found it... pretty sure I lost it in the lake.

Knocking on the door is priceless. There is a player every once in a while that open the door.

I'm going on a lake run later to find your mind, among other things that have been lost. These include 3 wallets, a retainer, some car keys, a gift card to Taco Bell, a flux capacitor, and a bicycle. The bicycle was lost by some crazy guy named Ralph.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm going on a lake run later to find your mind, among other things that have been lost. These include 3 wallets, a retainer, some car keys, a gift card to Taco Bell, a flux capacitor, and a bicycle. The bicycle was lost by some crazy guy named Ralph.

Cool... Let me know if you find it... Thanks!
   I don't think Ralph will be needing his bike anymore though... It saddens me to say he has not yet recovered from his death. If there is any change in his condition, I will let you know. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Cool... Let me know if you find it... Thanks!
   I don't think Ralph will be needing his bike anymore though... It saddens me to say he has not yet recovered from his death. If there is any change in his condition, I will let you know. 

A moment of silence for our buddy Ralph...

• Like 1