Well I guess that seals the deal for new content and a new movie in the near future. 

Welp, back in the dark ages again.

I'm going back on my hiatus, BYE Forum

Horror Inc is full of shit though lol, they want to settle with Miller without giving him the rights. They'll probably die trying to do this. Sean and Miller are old already. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Welp, back in the dark ages again.

I'm going back on my hiatus, BYE Forum

Horror Inc is full of shit though lol, they want to settle with Miller without giving him the rights. They'll probably die trying to do this. Sean and Miller are old already. 

So I guess this means no more Reggie? ?

I knew about this a few days ago but didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. There's a reason Friday fans have never warmed to Sean S. Cuntingham in almost 40 years and why he isn't revered like John Carpenter is by Halloween fans.  

He's now killed the game. Of course, he didn't put any money into the game anyway (backers and investors financed it) so he won't be out of pocket. Victor Miller will wrongly take the brunt as usual - but it's only one man's greed whose actions in these sequence of events, has stopped production of this movie and game franchise.   

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

There's a reason Friday fans have never warmed to Sean S. Cuntingham in almost 40 years and why he isn't revered like John Carpenter is by Halloween fans.

To me, all he's done is bring the franchise down after buying the rights back, since he had zero involvement with the ones I LOVE (2-8).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Way to go Horror Inc. Thanks for messing up any chance of this franchise getting back on track anytime in the near future. 

This was also posted about it:

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2018/10/horror-inc-files-appeal-in-lawsuit-loss.html?m=1

Horror inc. Is the reason why this even went to court, look into what people in the industry say about Cunningham (it’s not good)and you will not be surprised he wants to drag this out further, I hope he loses more of a percentage, remember this is the man who wanted to “get rid of the damn hockey mask”

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I knew about this a few days ago but didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. There's a reason Friday fans have never warmed to Sean S. Cuntingham in almost 40 years and why he isn't revered like John Carpenter is by Halloween fans.  

He's now killed the game. Of course, he didn't put any money into the game anyway (backers and investors financed it) so he won't be out of pocket. Victor Miller will wrongly take the brunt as usual - but it's only one man's greed whose actions in these sequence of events, has stopped production of this movie and game franchise.   

You didnt know about this a few days ago. You had an idea or a thought. But you didnt know; the papers were just filed today. Unless you are Cunningham or know him, I don't believe you.

But we all saw this coming anyway, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

You didnt know about this a few days ago. You had an idea or a thought. But you didnt know; the papers were just filed today. Unless you are Cunningham or know him, I don't believe you.

Victor Miller communicated that Horror Inc had filed a lawsuit to me in an email. 

My own feelings...an appeal was coming...just a matter of time. I’d like to see new content come to the game, like all of you, yet after this news, it’s not looking good at all. The continuation of updates/balance/bug fixes...I do appreciate it! Gun could’ve stopped everything completely...yet they didn’t. For now, it is what it is. Hopefully, Black Tower Studios, can iron out all of the issues and make a better game for everyone. We shall see...time will tell. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I hope Halloween makes a billion dollars 

this. While these old dinosaurs spend millions on a legal battle, jason blum going to be wiping his ass with ben franklins 

I am seeing the blame getting thrown at Mr. Cunningham now. Stop throwing blame around!!
   Go back... watch every interview anyone involved with Part 1 ever did. You can find them all on youtube… at least the ones that count... the old interviews... when their memories were still fresh.
   Mr. Miller did not come up with this story on his own and try to have a movie made about it... if he did, I would be rooting for him. Just this fact alone forces me to take Mr. Cunningham's side of the argument... But there are many other factors involved... back to legal crap again.

Either way... it is out of our hands... and non of our business. This is between them.
   If this means we will never have any more content... Well... that sucks, but it is what it is.
   Its not like anybody needed to be psychic to know Mr. Cunningham would appeal this decision. ANY one of you would do the same in his position.

What really sucks is the fact that we may not be getting another movie in this franchise either.
    Most of us were already resigned to never having new content anyway... a distant glimmer of hope changed that opinion, but all of us should have known not to get our hopes up too high... and some of us didn't get our hopes up.
    We still play the game and hope for more fixes, optimization and hopefully some balance changes that will make it a better game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Yep, and some of us tried to tell all of you not to get your hopes up. Especially with the track record that Sean Cunningham has. Also, the game is NOT FUCKING DEAD for Christ's sake. It is still being bought...or at least downloaded for free on PS4. I just bought a PS4 yesterday and downloaded the game for free but I also bought all the DLC. That means I double dipped. So it's not truly dead until all of the dedicated servers go bye bye.

I thought Horror inc. wanted this game to get more content and move forward with future film projects? I guess that was just a bunch of BS.

The first movie was a collaboration between everyone involved, it was Savini who came up with Jason's mongoloid appearance. So, Victor wants his cut for his contributions. Who knows what that figure is? I guess, Sean didn't like the numbers. So, here we are. Let them fight it out, and come to something soon. The game will go on, until it doesn't. And we'll play. I know I will continue to work on writing my own Friday story, as will many others in anticipation of a ruling and a chance to contribute on the next project whenever that might be. Friday the 13th is like it's iconic star, it will never die! It only sleeps at the bottom of a cold, dark lake...

Drown in greed sean! Kill the franchise and most of all the fans who helped friday the 13th live. Dick move!

Damn these two greedy fuckers just couldn't reach a settlement for the goodness of the franchise. They just had to drag this out longer while we, the fans pay the price! Just for this i really I hope Sean loses the appeal and whatever percentage of the franchise he owns. That's the very least that he deserves for ruining this franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

ANY one of you would do the same in his position.

Umm, I would like to object to this on the grounds that we don’t have all the info. In Cunningham’s position I would most likely make a fair offer, I don’t necessarily think he is. I don’t know for sure what the offer was so I can’t really say but getting a new movie means more licensing so bigger end of year profits, even if they’re shared. A t.v. show is probably a better idea as the fan base is mostly older, the younger ones are interested because of the game. Needless to say, I would be willing to share because I see a half a dozen projects that could be done, on top of the game which is already a go. I dream bigger than most though, I see opportunities that Horror inc clearly doesn’t, that or it’s legitimately a feud and his feelings are more important than profits. 

• Like 1

My condolences to my fellow fans and bigger condolences to GUN media. You guys have had to take a lot of the brunt of this, being the only new venture into camp. It really sucks for us fans but more so you guys as you were trying to live a dream and had a great foot hold on what you were trying to accomplish. Was it perfect? No. Was it a fuckin blast? Without question. I’ll still play from time to time. I just hope you take this formula and create your own IP so there are no rules but your own and it only stops because you said so. I appreciate everything you guys have given us. 

• Like 3