4 hours ago, BigJay said:

So I guess this means no more Reggie? ?

No anything. 

It's over, and it's highly unlikely anything will change. Horror Inc will just keep appealing till both, Miller and Cunningham are dead from old age. 

Hopefully the box office scores for Halloween will mess with their minds.

• Like 1

I suppose if I'd expected different I'd be upset. To me the appeal makes no sense. Horror Inc lost very little in the first ruling. They'll likely lose even more this time around. Either way looks like that's all she wrote folks.

• Like 1

@Slasher_Clone Mr. Cunningham may have tried, he may not have. According to Wes' announcement... Horror Inc. has reached out to Mr. Miller several times and he ignored them. Some will (and already have on certain youtube videos and in the steam community and probably elsewhere as well) call this a lie. It is however all we have, and if it was a lie... Mr. Miller would be fully within his rights to take legal action for libel, would he not? Which would make it pretty stupid to be lying about it.
   Mr. Miller also may not have the same opinion on what is fair. If he asks for too much... the fight would continue either way. If Gun tried to move on with new content and he demanded more than they, or Horror Inc. think is fair... there would still be no new content. What any of us think is fair is irrelevant in this situation. But for the people that know the numbers and details... he may very well be asking for too much.
   Horror Inc. may be offering too little in some people's opinion... but remember. He wrote Part 1, and never would have created the story that was written if he was not hired to do so or without Mr. Cunningham's input... and a few parts would have been quite different if another writer was not hired to do re-writes for certain scenes. He had nothing to do with anything else in the franchise beyond Part 1 except for the name Jason Voorhees (his appearance was conceived of and designed by the magnificent mind of Tom Savini), the name Crystal Lake, and any usage of Pamela... and oh yeah... Alice and Ralph were also in Part 2. Beyond these things... I cannot think of another thing from Part 1 that was in any of the other movies. 
  As far as Mr. Miller was concerned, Jason drowned in that lake when he was a kid and it was stupid to bring him back (he stated this in several interviews from many years ago, but not those exact words)... Out of all the movies that were made, what percentage should he get?... Should he get all of the money part one made since day 1?... That is utterly ridiculous. Even if he came up with the story and tried to have a movie made out of it himself (which he did not)... the people that put the money up to make the movie get the lion's share... as it should be. Its their money at risk and no movie is EVER guaranteed to make money.

Remember, back then... these two men were very good friends according to interviews and documentaries... I have watched them all and you can find them on youtube. They have obviously had a falling out over the years... how drastic of a falling out and the actual reasons for it are truly only known to them. It is unfortunate, but we can do nothing about it... neither should we.
   Don't you just love it when you have a problem and everyone and their brother has an opinion on what you should do yet non of them know ANY of the details?
   It is also pretty damned hard to cut any kind of deal with someone who ignores your attempts at communication.... whether they would accept a "fair" deal or not.

In the end... the dispute is between them. Our opinions are irrelevant and probably pretty unwelcome by all involved parties. Although we will probably get no new content from this point on... all any of this means is that nothing has really changed since the original announcement of "no new content." We still have the game for what it is... it is still fun to play. We probably won't see another movie for some time... but we have not had a new movie in almost ten years at this point already. It is a shame, but it is what it is.
   I would have thrown money at them for any DLC that they could release, as would many other people I am sure. I am disappointed... but not angry. Technically we are not really losing anything... to lose something, you have to have had it first. I am still happy that the game is still there to play... and Halloween is almost upon us, perhaps I will re-watch a few of the movies... perhaps even the entire series... again.

An issue between good friends over money can turn very ugly, very fast. Broken trust from either, whether it is right or wrong... cannot be forgiven so easily. Its even harder to forgive when you believe it is wrong. I know this because I have had a falling out over money in the past with a very good friend... He still turns and runs away every time he sees me... I am not a forgiving person... and this was over $200... not millions of dollars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

We still play the game and hope for more fixes, optimization and hopefully some balance changes that will make it a better game.

Even those changes arrived by then, so...what? What then? It's still not content, so it'll be nothing new.

Look, I hate to sound like that debbie downer person, but let's be realistic, assuming Black Tower Studios work methods aren't much different from illfonic, you're looking at a possible waiting period of the usual every 4-5 months/or an eternity for this magical patch you guys are seeking to turn into something fun. It's the patience and wear from the players you have to consider. Factoring all that in, it's a boring ass hope to lean on to. Especially judging by the history. The game is balance when it wants to be. It's just you have to go through lobbies like a slot of machine to get the jackpot. Maybe I don't play enough asymmetrical games to get it. I feel the same about DBD.

I'm not saying content is always the pinnacle and savior of every game and that this game can't be better.(Although, at the same time, I wouldn't possibly rule it out. Part of me can potentially see a predecessor years from now once Victor and Sean put their issues to bed.) The game is not dead. How should I say.... the best way for me to put it is that it's a great movie/TV series left off with a permanent cliffhanger because the network canceled it. It's bullshit. Telling everyone to just enjoy for what is now is like saying go rewatch the old episodes over and over again. It's not the point. It won't be much of a difference maker in the long run. Fans like to watch how things evolve. They also wanted DLC because it was something different and it was able to hold them over with patience while the important issues were being looked over.

At least they didn't halt the fixes and we knew they were NEVER going to. This wasn't the case with content. Most of us kept pushing for the devs to put out more content because we knew eventually there was going to be a time where they could no long afford to create anymore more content and that they would start their next project more soon than we would have thought. This is a similar reason to those who most wanted the upcoming DLC never cared about the fucking engine upgrade over Uber/Grendel in the first place.

That's why some times I never understood most of the constant bitching about how content was always a huge priority over bugs/balance changes etc. Especially from a lot of Jason mains. Yes, I get how extremely annoying they were and how it needed urgent attention, but it's like most users never had a dam off switch to use about the same topic instead of just relaxing for a little while and enjoying some of the content they provided while waiting. Especially some of those same users here who were against the idea of Armani's suggestion for Reggie and had nothing better to do than to antagonize his thread along with the others. Although, with their hostility aside, I agree with them on a couple of their views regarding pointless content like the costumes and emote dancing. Stuff that should've never really been even top priority.

It wasn't just about Reggie being some fan favorite or how he's superior. You didn't have to be a fan of the character and yes, I get the fact given his age in the movie, it creates some obstacles, but you still you could've just rolled with it, pitch some ideas to the devs that could've potentially made him into a fun mechanic similar to Tommy Jarvis. And also, make to where he "doesn't have to be killed" as I've repeatedly suggested a few times. There were even similar ideas shown in the Muffin thread and way before that thread was even created. Which I can't believe and more surprised to see it was received more well than Reggie. Not me being salty nor do I have anything against Muffin, but the ideas were presented in that thread shared almost a couple of similar visions I had in the Reggie, yet some of the same group of users who were bashing the Reggie thread and the OP seemed to be ok advocating and presenting ideas for Muffin. Strange place this forum can be sometimes. Unless the thread was meant to be satire mocking the Reggie thread or something.

Nonetheless, we could've very well had arguably probably one of the greatest additions added to the game. But no, instead, a lot of folk's minds were clouded with ignorance and eventually in the end, we got an unstable engine upgrade and a 30 emote pack. Not only shoving Grendel/Uber off the cliff, but overshadowed a potential fun alternative playable hero next to Tommy. *claps* Good game.

tenor.gif

Batista-Waving-Goodbye.gif?ssl=1

@Armani? Didn't Halloween just come out? Talk about sad timing lol. I do feel for F13 fans though. This ongoing legal battle is really unnecessary.

• Like 2

I'm not surprised, but...it's still a disappointment.

I knew he would appeal why wouldn't he. Zerner already said that his chance to win on appeal is poor, why he has to be that greedy.

• Like 1

This was quite predictable. 

Anyways I don't get why the people will leave the game because there will never be more kills or more clothes or whatever. Who cares, the  core-fun is in the gameplay and it will stay. 

• Like 1

@Ahab, It’s a story, and stories can change. Cunningham could, not saying he should, put out a new piece of cannon. In this new cannon it would be revealed that Jason isn’t the Jason that drowned but a different one. Miller gets fucked out of any profit and the world gets more Friday. If Cunningham had a bit more creativity he could use what control of the franchise he has to separate it entirely from the first movie. 

I do get what your saying but I strongly disagree that court is the best way for Horror Inc. to get out from under this. Anyway no hard feelings about our disagreement in how they’re handling this mess, we’ve both previously stated we don’t have all the information. 

• Like 1

Should this be a surprise to anyone ?  We all knew it was coming.

Cunningham is a clown . He killed the movie franchise (JGTH , Jason X) . Claims he never watched any of the sequels after pt.2 (yeah, right). But that statement alone just goes to show, he doesnt care anything about the Jason character or the franchise. He only cares about the $

Him appealing is a bad move...legally. He got off fairly easy with original ruling, only losing basically Part 1 (Pam/Kid Jason/ Crystal Lake) . Him appealing he can lose or possibly have to split adult Jason "Hockey mask killer" ....thats the $$$$$.  Just goes to show greedy this dude really is . Hope he gets it worse this time round 

• Like 4

@Liquid Swordsman Most people consider "realistic" as being a "Debbie downer"... We don't know what Black Tower Studios will do... or whether or not it will be good for the game or create more bugs and glitches. I will reserve my opinion until they actually have a history where this game is concerned. Just because they are new to working on the game in this manner, I fully expect a wait for any kind of patch out of them... because I am realistic. I will be surprised if we see a patch any time in the near future, but hey... you never know.
    You are correct, the game is not dead... people are still playing it... and I like your analogy. But a great many people took "end of content" as "end of game". Look at the content we did get. Most of it has no effect on the game what so ever, they are cosmetic. Any one could actually enjoy the game just fine without having ANY cosmetic additions to the game... They could also enjoy the game just fine without buying any of the kill packs… they are not required to play the game, nor to have fun with it... but it doesn't hurt to have them either. New DLCs or content of any kind for that matter would not change anything in this game to make it unlike going back and watching the same episodes over and over again. Even if we had Uber Jason, it is still just us playing Jason... its a few different kills with his weapon for those high enough level for weapon swapping that even people that didn't care about Uber would probably still use if it was there.
    When I bought this game, I thought I would be bored of it in a month... but I found every match is a completely different experience, which I found delightfully surprising... and am still playing the game a year later. Games can actually still be played after an end is put to new content. I still play quite a few old games that have even less hope of new content being added, but they are still fun to play.

Many people did think they were stopping bug fixes even though they told us they would continue with these, and they have continued. Eventually, bug fixes will cease as well. As far as the engine upgrade, as it was required for dedicated servers to be implemented on consoles... and a great many people where demanding this since before I ever arrived on these forums... Now many of these same people are enjoying the dedicated servers, but are now complaining about the engine upgrade being a bad idea because of the content being halted.
   Some people wanted Uber Jason, some people didn't. Some people wanted emotes, some people didn't... and so on. You cannot please everyone, no matter what you do. Personally, I could have put up with new content being favored over bug fixes... But with the amount of people constantly complaining about bugs and demanding they be fixed... bug fixes had to be done. Many of the bugs people complained about and called "game breaking" were far from "game breaking"... annoying yes, funny... definitely... but a few were actually game breaking. And once again, you cannot please everyone.

I was neither for, nor against adding Reggie... As long as he had a few years added on to how he appeared in the movie, I didn't see a problem with adding him. I would have liked to see more counselors other than him... everyone's preference would be different, but in the end... it would be up to the devs on who they would add or not... We get no say, all we can do is suggest. As @Armani? stated... If anyone had a problem with Reggie, they could have run him over with the tractor... if they had added a tractor. But the car was still an option to "accidentally" run him over if people really wanted to.
   Although Muffin would have been an odd addition to the game, it could have been amusing. But as Jason, I would probably just give Muffin players a cookie, or maybe scratch behind their ear... or both. A lobby full of Muffin players would have been good for a laugh at the very least.
   Even if these threads were meant to be satire... I agree that these forums can be a strange place sometimes.

@Slasher_Clone From what I understand... they could make a movie without calling him Jason Voorhees. They could even make jokes about "He who should not be named." They could even call him "Josh"... but that might be taking it a bit far. Mr. Miller has no rights to the hockey masked killer from what I have read in a few articles. As long as there are no references to anything in Part 1... I don't think there would be a problem... Camp Forest Green, here we come! But that would not stop a possible lawsuit from Mr. Miller if they did proceed. If there was even one legal issue with them doing it this way... then it would be a colossal waste of money to make another movie.
    When there is money involved... and two (or more) parties cannot agree on something, it goes to the courts to decide for them. Its just how it works with the laws regarding this kind of stuff. It is also more civilized than people beating the crap out of each other until one caves in and agrees with the other's proposition... Arguments escalate. One person yells, another yells louder and it goes from there... It can get pretty ugly. Court rooms tend to keep people's behavior more civil.
    Never any hard feelings Slasher... we agree on many things, but not everything. No one agrees with everything that anyone has to say. We can also disagree rather politely with each other sometimes.

• Like 1

If anything, this just confirms money matters more than legacy really.

I'd rather know my franchise is in good hands than worry about money I'm never gonna need really.

I doubt this guy has many hardships unless he's a gambling/drug addict.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 4:40 PM, Dolemite said:

Yup, we're fucked.

Insert Jarko Grimmwood line from Blade: Trinity here... (Someone will get this)

On 10/18/2018 at 6:21 PM, HailWotan88 said:

RIP this game, bye

The game's still playable, so R.I.P. might be a bit premature.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:17 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......

The Charlie Brown football gag comes to mind in this situation.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, Ahab said:

I am seeing the blame getting thrown at Mr. Cunningham now. Stop throwing blame around!!

I've never been a fan of the blame game.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:52 PM, undrtkr said:

Yep, and some of us tried to tell all of you not to get your hopes up. Especially with the track record that Sean Cunningham has. Also, the game is NOT FUCKING DEAD for Christ's sake. It is still being bought...or at least downloaded for free on PS4. I just bought a PS4 yesterday and downloaded the game for free but I also bought all the DLC. That means I double dipped. So it's not truly dead until all of the dedicated servers go bye bye.

Never ever ever double dip... ?

On 10/19/2018 at 1:24 AM, Ahab said:

An issue between good friends over money can turn very ugly, very fast. Broken trust from either, whether it is right or wrong... cannot be forgiven so easily. Its even harder to forgive when you believe it is wrong. I know this because I have had a falling out over money in the past with a very good friend... He still turns and runs away every time he sees me... I am not a forgiving person... and this was over $200... not millions of dollars.

An issue between good friends over anything never ends well for those involved. Money is the top reason why things go to pieces.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:08 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

That's why some times I never understood most of the constant bitching about how content was always a huge priority over bugs/balance changes etc.

Content was likely a priority, given that the clock was ticking on the window of time to implement said content.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:50 AM, DamonD7 said:

I'm not surprised, but...it's still a disappointment.

I'm right there with you on that one.

All in all, we hoped for the best, now we're preparing for the worst...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

This just saddens me now....

Do you still have hope for future content? ?

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

More hope than you ever making a good joke.

That wasn't meant to be a joke. I just asked a question.?

• Haha 1

Well, just as I thought... trash!

...But Gun told is it was Victor Miller that was responsible for the original lawsuit even though Horror Inc. is the plaintiff.

...But But Horror Inc. told us it was Victor Miller holding the IP hostage.

Oh ok.

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2018 at 5:03 PM, NytmereZ said:

I hope Halloween makes a billion dollars 

Well it made 77 million this weekend and set a record for Horror movie opening weekend total.

Maybe they will see that and push them in the right direction to make a deal/settlement. 

After all money talks! :)

Planning to see it tonight. I can hardly wait.

51 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

Well it made 77 million this weekend and set a record for Horror movie opening weekend total.

Maybe they will see that and push them in the right direction to make a deal/settlement. 

After all money talks! :)

6 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

Glad to hear he is a horror fan. If they put the same care into a Friday film like they did with It, I think it might turn out pretty good.

Also always, cautiously optimistic. It would be interesting to see how they pull it off given the current legal issues.