Sign in to follow this  
Armani?

Started My No Fear Jenny Myers Build

Currently have a Epic, 9% fear resistance from Preparedness & a uncommon 5% fear resistance from Nerves Of Steel.

It's noticeably better. The most afraid my Jenny gets is the nervous stage from being around Jason a long time for the majority of the time. 

Here's to rolling that epic Nerves of Steel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Do you have a decent Lone Wolf? That could get you to the full no fear if you do?

Yeah, 8% I think. Although it only works while alone. 

I main Jenny all the time as a lone wolf in quick play. I escape 8 times out of 10 from equipping composure based perks and carefully managing my stealth in-game. She's incredibly difficult to detect when used correctly. Just now a Vanessa was being chased by Jason...I snuck under a bed until he'd killed her and morphed away. Fixed the four seater outside the cabin, started it up and picked up three other counselors for the escape. I'm sure playing as anyone rather than Jenny would've made that escape much more difficult. She's always my go to character when playing lone wolf in quickplay. 

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

True, but I thought being near other counselors helps keep your fear down as well. Either way it might be worth a try.

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

True, but I thought being near other counselors helps keep your fear down as well. Either way it might be worth a try.

I don't think it's worth all my 3 slots.

I use Sucker Punch so I don't get grabbed if I use a wrench.

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I was actually thinking swap NoS out for it and see if it works better. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I was actually thinking swap NoS out for it and see if it works better. 

I'll try it. 

2 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

I haven't tried this yet. Does it make Jenny a more viable option?

As a Jenny main I can say that this build gives you the fastest stamina recharge in the game. It also gives you 100% stamina if you stun Jason. Combine that with the fact that Jenny's stat sheet is wrong considering her stealth is actually 8.5 instead of 6 and what you get is a character with more stat points then anyone in the game by two and a half and completely impervious to fear. The only down sides is that her speed is very slow at 3 and 2 in repair takes a bit of practice to go undetected but a Chad or Vanessa main will already have skill in that regard. Is she the best character? No. But with the right perks you can turn her into a beast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Swift Attacker + dodge canceling is usually more viable than Sucker Punch, since a good Jason can react turn around and then grab a whiffed weapon swing. 20% swift attacker is hard to react to since blocking isn't instantaneous anymore for Jason.

I have 10% Epic Nerves of Steel and 10% Legendary Preparedness. Once you hit 20% fear resistance, you won't really succumb to fear unless you are injured. 

Good luck on rolling an Epic or legendary Nerves of Steel, and hopefully it is a 10%. Same for Preparedness. I used to have 9 as well, and surprisingly the full 20% is actually quite better than 19% despite only being a 1% difference.

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

As a Jenny main I can say that this build gives you the fastest stamina recharge in the game. It also gives you 100% stamina if you stun Jason. Combine that with the fact that Jenny's stat sheet is wrong considering her stealth is actually 8.5 instead of 6 and what you get is a character with more stat points then anyone in the game by two and a half and completely impervious to fear. The only down sides is that her speed is very slow at 3 and 2 in repair takes a bit of practice to go undetected but a Chad or Vanessa main will already have skill in that regard. Is she the best character? No. But with the right perks you can turn her into a beast. 

This is a great analysis of the no fear build right here, I will say Jenny is my favorite counselor. Not the best, at least statistically straight up against Vanessa. But, equipped with a +10 NOS, and +10 Preparedness I'll take Jenny over Vanessa everytime. Because she fits my gameplay. That perk combo allows the flexibility of the third slot, Thick skin? Swift attacker? Maybe Medic? Depending on what you need her to do that round, you know she's gonna completely unafraid. And, when kiting she can literally disappear. More so, if you equip say Night owl for 60% fear Resistance to darkness. Don't need a flashlight now. But anyway, this character gives the player real advantages in combat and stamina management.

1 hour ago, ZombiesareOK said:

I never knew the flashlight had anything to do with fear resistance. I always just use it to light shit up. 

yeah, if your mini map ever starts to fade to black, turn on the flashlight and it will come back much faster.

13 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah, if your mini map ever starts to fade to black, turn on the flashlight and it will come back much faster.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Can't believe I've been playing since last June without knowing this! 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Armani? said:

Lone wolf only states a percentage of fear resistance... it does not state that it only works when you are alone... its just the name of the perk that is deceiving here. Perks that are affected by the number of counselors nearby, such as teamwork... do state this in their description. I have tried it with preparedness and nerves of steel and found it does take even longer to fall into fear, whether or not you are alone... But it is not necessary for a no fear build with high composure counselors, the two you are using work fine by themselves (particularly with Jenny)... which allows for the third slot to be used for whatever else you like and still have great bonuses for fear resistance.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:41 PM, Redrum138 said:

This is a great analysis of the no fear build right here, I will say Jenny is my favorite counselor. Not the best, at least statistically straight up against Vanessa.

Yea, kinda the reason why I don't play Jenny as much anymore, since I also want to be able to demask practically.   Jenny is still my bae though, and I'm reminded why I miss her everytime I'm screwed by stumbling...:angry:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea, kinda the reason why I don't play Jenny as much anymore, since I also want to be able to demask practically.   Jenny is still my bae though, and I'm reminded why I miss her everytime I'm screwed by stumbling...:angry:

What's crazy is how 1 point of composure can be so huge, Jenny never stumbles. But, Mitch does occasionally. Lachappa stumbles often, when Deb hardly does. I run no fear on all for 20%, Chad and Tiffany are like the Stumble king and Queen of the homecoming ball. But, Vanessa doesn't seem to stumble much for me with that build. I run thick skin with my build, on random. Tiffany stumbles more than anyone for me, even more than Chad.

16 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

What's crazy is how 1 point of composure can be so huge, Jenny never stumbles. But, Mitch does occasionally. Lachappa stumbles often, when Deb hardly does. I run no fear on all for 20%, Chad and Tiffany are like the Stumble king and Queen of the homecoming ball. But, Vanessa doesn't seem to stumble much for me with that build. I run thick skin with my build, on random. Tiffany stumbles more than anyone for me, even more than Chad.

Probably the low luck/composure combination. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I'd have to disagree lol

50 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I'd have to disagree lol

Do you run her with a 10% NOS, 10%Preparedness and 18% Thick skin? With that build, her fear stays very minimal and she hardly stumbles for me. It's funny, cause Chappa stumbles like 5 times to Deb's one with that no fear/thick skin build. Plus, Deb's stamina goes back up quickly. But Lachappa's 2 Stamina refills Lightning fast, because it's 1 point less than Debs.

38 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Do you run her with a 10% NOS, 10%Preparedness and 18% Thick skin? With that build, her fear stays very minimal and she hardly stumbles for me. It's funny, cause Chappa stumbles like 5 times to Deb's one with that no fear/thick skin build. Plus, Deb's stamina goes back up quickly. But Lachappa's 2 Stamina refills Lightning fast, because it's 1 point less than Debs.

Nerves of steel is still good to run on any counselor if you end up driving the car or boat. Losing that mini map along with Jason's position on it is murder in these situations.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

Nerves of steel is still good to run on any counselor if you end up driving the car or boat. Losing that mini map along with Jason's position on it is murder in these situations.

Exactly, sometimes I'll switch out Preparedness for something else. But, NOS and thick skin are my two perks that never get taken off.

3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Exactly, sometimes I'll switch out Preparedness for something else. But, NOS and thick skin are my two perks that never get taken off.

I use preparedness on every counselor. If someone without a map needs to now where a car, or the boat is... I can tell them at any time, even very early in the match. If I find a repair part immediately upon entering my first cabin, it is always good to know what direction to take it. I also like to know immediately if there is a boat or not, it does not automatically spawn on some maps... and I like to concentrate on the boat when possible. It is also good to know where all the other counselors are at the start of the match so you can plan which direction to head in to search as many untouched cabins as possible when you can... And if, by some stroke of bad luck I don't have a map when I get the vehicle going... it can put you at a major disadvantage with the boat when you cannot check where the exit is before starting it... And its always god to take a quick peak at the map when starting a car, I plan out my escape route with a glance at it with the highest chance of picking up as many other players as I can fit in the car.
    Maps are just useful in many situations that you will run into in almost every match. It does surprise me how many people cannot read a map... you can always tell who these people are after you figure out they cannot follow your directions to the part of the map they need to get to.