Sign in to follow this  
El Harry

Level 150-200

Unless there are going to be more things to unlock I can't see a reason to do it. But if they bother to do it make the cap 1313 and never worry about it again. 

26 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Unless there are going to be more things to unlock I can't see a reason to do it. But if they bother to do it make the cap 1313 and never worry about it again. 

1313 would be a fitting level cap for this game. I wonder how many players we would see at max level if this was the cap at this point.

would be nice to differentiate a 300hr 150(me!) to a 1000+hr 150. There is a wide margin of skill between the two. ive had my ass kicked by a few of them.. hehe ?

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

1313 would be a fitting level cap for this game. I wonder how many players we would see at max level if this was the cap at this point.

It would be fitting. I'm kinda scared to think I'd be 1313 max level though.

@badassgixxer05 I have been level 150 for quite some time now... and just happen to fall a bit over the 1 000+ hour level 150's. I find it frightening to consider I have not yet reached 500 games as Jason at this point, but I am getting closer all the time. If I could actually get more than an hour or three of sleep on a regular basis, I may not be anywhere near that many hours though. Insomnia sucks... but it does give a person a whole lot more free time.

@thrawn3054 It depends how long it really takes to gain one level... If it took an hour per level (for the sake of easy math)... I would still have around 300 hours left to grind before I would be up to level 1313.
   I have a couple of friends that have had the game since release and played at every opportunity they could... One of them has been over 2 000 hours for a while now, but she never plays Jason for some reason... She is one of the best counselor players I have yet to encounter.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I agree. As we aren't supposed to be getting new content (unless that changes, which is doubtful), there's little reason to raise the cap.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

You'd have a few. As long as there is something left to accomplish, someone will set out to do so.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

would be nice to differentiate a 300hr 150(me!) to a 1000+hr 150. There is a wide margin of skill between the two. ive had my ass kicked by a few of them.. hehe ?

Number of hours players is an inaccurate assessment of one's skill level. I've seen players with lower levels (fewer hours played) that can outplay higher level players (more time played).

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

damn i just reached 150. let me enjoy it for a bit would ya! ?

Lmao! Congrats! I reached the same level this week too. 

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You'd have a few. As long as there is something left to accomplish, someone will set out to do so.

Number of hours players is an inaccurate assessment of one's skill level. I've seen players with lower levels (fewer hours played) that can outplay higher level players (more time played).

For those of us who just keep playing... eventually we would get there. And you have to admit... a level cap of 1313 would be kind of fitting for this game. I also doubt anyone would ever ask for another raise of the level cap at that point.

I have a friend I visit from time to time that got very frustrated with this game early on and has never picked it up again, but leaves it on his computer so he can watch me play a few games when I come over. He loves watching the carnage, but finds the game very frustrating to play. I think his account is only around level 20 or so... maybe a few level under that still. When I am playing on his computer as Jason, I get a good laugh out of the players that think they will have an easy time against a noob Jason. A level 1 account, or level 150 account, if the player knows what he is doing... Jason is still just as powerful at any level as his stats remain unalterable.
   High level Jason players that saw my level have rage quit after ten or more minutes of kitting by such a low level player on more than one occasion.

There are also players that have the game on multiple platforms. @The Wolf with that Toast started on one of the consoles... and plays on steam as well. One of these days Wolf... our schedules will line up and we will both be in the game at the same time... Winter is coming... and I keep weird hours in the winter.

A person's level in game can be very deceiving to how many hours they have played for more than one reason.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I have a friend I visit from time to time that got very frustrated with this game early on and has never picked it up again, but leaves it on his computer so he can watch me play a few games when I come over. He loves watching the carnage, but finds the game very frustrating to play. I think his account is only around level 20 or so... maybe a few level under that still. When I am playing on his computer as Jason, I get a good laugh out of the players that think they will have an easy time against a noob Jason. A level 1 account, or level 150 account, if the player knows what he is doing... Jason is still just as powerful at any level as his stats remain unalterable.
   High level Jason players that saw my level have rage quit after ten or more minutes of kitting by such a low level player on more than one occasion.

A person's level in game can be very deceiving to how many hours they have played for more than one reason.

You just proved my point. ?

But what would the incentive to level up even be if they don't add anymore content? If they came out with more recolors or something else to unlock I'd say yeah, raise the level but for me I don't see much point.

14 hours ago, Ahab said:

For those of us who just keep playing... eventually we would get there. And you have to admit... a level cap of 1313 would be kind of fitting for this game. I also doubt anyone would ever ask for another raise of the level cap at that point.

There are also players that have the game on multiple platforms. @The Wolf with that Toast started on one of the consoles... and plays on steam as well. One of these days Wolf... our schedules will line up and we will both be in the game at the same time... Winter is coming... and I keep weird hours in the winter.

Do you play on PC? and yeah, ive played with Wolf. hes a cool dude.

@Fair Play Sometimes a point just needs a tad bit more of an explanation for even more people to understand it.

@FinalBoy The only real point would be to give other players a rough idea how long someone has been playing the game... nothing more. Even if they added new content, putting the level that unlocks it too high would cause a lot of crying from new players. Could you imagine if they added something like Uber Jason at some point in the future and the level to unlock him was 1313? The backlash that would ensue would be terrifying... well, it would be amusing at least.

@badassgixxer05 Yup... I am on PC. I have not had a chance to play with Wolfy Mcwolfster yet. I don't think we have even been in game at the same time since we have been on each other's friends list. I am in Canadabis… (my country just earned itself a new nickname yesterday, I am hoping they change the leaf on the flag too) and that time zone thing can make hooking up for a game brutally difficult. But during the winter months I am around more during the day and night so hopefully we can eventually make the differing schedules work out.
   I use the same name on steam as I do here. That way no one gets confused.

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Sometimes a point just needs a tad bit more of an explanation for even more people to understand it.

Nothing wrong with that.

• Thanks 1