OMOD

Grabbing every survivor with full health is no fun

19 minutes ago, OMOD said:

Yes I know that I’m less experienced so yes your probably right. But so far if I’m in a match and the Jason is just grabbing and not slashing then my whole team is dead in minutes while I’m left alone.

If Jason has killed everyone but you in a few minutes it has nothing to do with grab or slashing.  You're simply in a game with morons or complete newbies.

Besides, good Jason players do slash...    

@OMOD Whether or not the Jason grabbed or slashed is the result of his choice... each can come with consequence. He doesn't know that the player had no pocket knife... many Jason's choose to slash a lot simply because they hate pocket knives... This is a hangover effect from many months ago when there was seven pocket knives in every match and Camp Crystal Lake was a fully armed and operation battle station. Every map had so many weapons it was not funny... I can't remember how many guns there were... but wow. You had to go through it to understand it.
    The grab now has to be aimed much more accurately than In the past. Many skilled players still miss grab often as they are probably still adapting, I know I am. It used to be much different, and easier to grab with (not so long ago)... But I like how the grab is now. It is easy to punish when he misses... but the animation looks way better and the stinger adds to the effect. It also has the perfect reach for the animation in my opinion.

That Jason player was not necessarily bad at all. He was just playing smart, trying to wear down the victim and force out all of those med sprays... like I said, he had no idea that player had no pocket knife.
    I like to use environment kills whenever possible myself and its hard to grab someone near enough to be able to use it... unless you wound them and they are left with no med sprays. At this point, even a pocket knife is not going to help them. Either way, having to start the chase over with the counselor now having a good amount of stamina again can get frustrating... so they start to slash every player left after... it happens.
    Thick skin and medic perks are what a great many counselors use... and it can take up to seven slashes (I think) to kill a maxed out thick skin without any med sprays from full health.
     Either way... even playing smart (no matter the player's opinion of what is smart)... will not ensure a Jason all eight kills. Communication and teamwork can work wonders in this game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

If Jason has killed everyone but you in a few minutes it has nothing to do with grab or slashing.  You're simply in a game with morons or complete newbies.

A good Jason players gets the job done, whether it be with slashing, grabbing, or both.

@Ahab yeah that was me! I've gotten better at juking with AJ lately! It's not my preferred play style (I actually like getting things repaired behind the scenes and escaping under the cover of darkness, if I never see Jason so much the better!) but it does feel exhilarating if I can pull it off and last the full 20 minutes. 

@OMOD yeah, it's true if he had started off with a grab the chase could have been over before it began. (Weirdly, most of my recent games have been with "slasher Jasons".) The point is to stay off his radar for as long as possible and always try to put some distance or obstacle between the two of you. I think the problem is too many new players want to fight Jason and /or "troll" him. Unless your Tommy and sweater girl I wouldn't go actively looking for a battle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

@Ahab yeah that was me! I've gotten better at juking with AJ lately! It's not my preferred play style (I actually like getting things repaired behind the scenes and escaping under the cover of darkness, if I never see Jason so much the better!) but it does feel exhilarating if I can pull it off and last the full 20 minutes. 

@OMOD yeah, it's true if he had started off with a grab the chase could have been over before it began. (Weirdly, most of my recent games have been with "slasher Jasons".) The point is to stay off his radar for as long as possible and always try to put some distance or obstacle between the two of you. I think the problem is too many new players want to fight Jason and /or "troll" him. Unless your Tommy and sweater girl I wouldn't go actively looking for a battle.

I would slightly disagree. It all depends on the role you want to play. You probably shouldn't go looking for a fight as Deborah. If I'm Buggzy I'm definitely going to go looking for a fight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I would slightly disagree. It all depends on the role you want to play. You probably shouldn't go looking for a fight as Deborah. If I'm Buggzy I'm definitely going to go looking for a fight.

But you can confound Jason by using a counselor for a role they were really not meant for... Although, combating Jason with a low luck counselor will force you to look for another weapon quite often. Bugsy is also capable of other roles, he is just a better choice for trying to get the mask off than Deborah. Sometimes... what the other player least expects will work pretty well. 

@Pazuzu Practice makes perfect... or makes better at least, non of us are perfect.
    I play the slow counselors too... and can lead Jason on a merry chase for some time with any of them... due to a great deal of practice. It is just harder to do with the slower counselors and sometimes it will not work out well for us. But if it helps the team, then death was not in vain. I have a friend that only every plays Deborah... and she puts up one hell of a chase in pretty much every match she plays, whether I am playing Jason, or spectating with popcorn... But she does still die like the rest of us at times... Still, she is one of the best players I have seen in game.
    Although not every chase will last long... you can last quite a while with the slow ones... which makes for a good distraction to help other players get things done. I have found that many Jason players will stay after me until they either catch me... or get a warning for something they feel is more important. I often use my slow counselor for distracting Jason for the benefit of the team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Well I'm speaking in the sense of "Jason grabs and kills me in the first 5 minutes and therefore is no fun" sense. If you plan to fight then you should make peace with the fact that you will probably die. As a beginner, experience IS the only real way to learn combat in the game, if that is your goal. You just have to be cool with the fact that you may be spectating for the next 15 or so minutes. 

@Ahab I agree, if you can successfully kite Jason for a good chunk of time, which helps others escape then I consider it a "win" even if I die. (However, if I put on one hell of a chase, die and then see in spectator mode everyone else hiding in a cabin, dancing around and smacking each other with machetes... then I'm a bit cross.) ?

@Pazuzu It can be somewhat annoying if all of your effort is for nothing due to other players doing... nothing... But don't let that get to you... I don't let it get to me. The effort I put into the game is always just practice for the next game, and every game after that.
   If they want to dance, that is their choice... but that is not going to help their gameplay at all. I even sometimes use a hiding spot to help run down the clock waiting for the cops... and maybe go out for a quick smoke... or really need to use the bathroom (in which case I will use an out house to hide in... just for shits and giggles).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Pazuzu It can be somewhat annoying if all of your effort is for nothing due to other players doing... nothing... But don't let that get to you... I don't let it get to me. The effort I put into the game is always just practice for the next game, and every game after that.
   If they want to dance, that is their choice... but that is not going to help their gameplay at all. I even sometimes use a hiding spot to help run down the clock waiting for the cops... and maybe go out for a quick smoke... or really need to use the bathroom (in which case I will use an out house to hide in... just for shits and giggles).

That's  very clever of you.

• Thanks 1

Also this isnt Dead by Daylight where the Counselor should be in a injured state to be killed this is Friday the 13th based on the movies where grabbing is all he does be it healthy or injured.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:54 PM, HuDawg said:

There's a lot of quick play high levels on PS4 right now disguised as noobs by setting counselor and/or Jason to random. They sit there either solo or in small groups just waiting for their turn to slaughter some fresh meat. If there gets to be too many of them then some will switch lobbies. If his whole lobby is getting wiped out in minutes that's probably why...

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

There's a lot of quick play high levels on PS4 right now disguised as noobs by setting counselor and/or Jason to random. They sit there either solo or in small groups just waiting for their turn to slaughter some fresh meat. If there gets to be too many of them then some will switch lobbies. If his whole lobby is getting wiped out in minutes that's probably why...

Im not talking players levels.

I mean that if Jason is slaughtering everyone in a minute.  The counselors are allowing it to happen, so they are either morons or complete newbies.  Or actually want to die.

Jason has no shift or stalk.  How the hell is Jason killing everyone in a min?.   I can see one person getting killed in under in a  min, but everyone?  

Are they all lining up letting Jason kill them?   Jason would have to do all chokes to even hit the minute mark.

But really, The OP is over exaggerating because he does't like the 'grabbing' game play mechanics of this game.

I had a match on Sunday where they all grouped up and I got 7/7 just as stalk kicked in. But yeah I don't think a minute is even possible. You couldn't even find them all in a minute. I can't believe they're all that bad at playing counselor. It's sad to say that the bots are more of a challenge than the noobs. Most of them have absolutely no idea what they're doing and get pissed because they die. Or they're Jason and they get lost in the woods just outside the shack and then call everyone cheaters when they all escape. 

For me personally, and this is what I've been thinking for some time, is changing the sense ability on jason. It will never ever happen and people will scream bloody murder at a nerfish suggestion for jason. This actually comes from me as a Jason player and I know I'll get the usual but ' if you played high skill competitive counsellors etc you'd get destroyed etc -

I'd make it so sense wouldn't be able to detect counsellors out in the open until rage mode. In compensation for that, the sound pings would be amplified and if you stayed hiding in some bush for too long like a few minutes you'd start to emit a shriek or nervous ping, so it forces the counsellor to be on the move. Jason would still be able to detect indoors from the moment sense is available.

The reason, I think it would be fun to be able to hide using some of the natural elements and darkness of the maps at least for a short time in the early stages. hiding crouched near bushes, trees etc , just seems a wasted opportunity to me. Everyone lighting up like an xmas tree always annoyed me somewhat.

It's never going to happen so nobody needs to get their knickers in a twist about it, just my thoughts on it.

3 hours ago, kohagan said:

For me personally, and this is what I've been thinking for some time, is changing the sense ability on jason. It will never ever happen and people will scream bloody murder at a nerfish suggestion for jason. This actually comes from me as a Jason player and I know I'll get the usual but ' if you played high skill competitive counsellors etc you'd get destroyed etc -

I'd make it so sense wouldn't be able to detect counsellors out in the open until rage mode. In compensation for that, the sound pings would be amplified and if you stayed hiding in some bush for too long like a few minutes you'd start to emit a shriek or nervous ping, so it forces the counsellor to be on the move. Jason would still be able to detect indoors from the moment sense is available.

The reason, I think it would be fun to be able to hide using some of the natural elements and darkness of the maps at least for a short time in the early stages. hiding crouched near bushes, trees etc , just seems a wasted opportunity to me. Everyone lighting up like an xmas tree always annoyed me somewhat.

It's never going to happen so nobody needs to get their knickers in a twist about it, just my thoughts on it.

Stalk should be swapped with Sense.   Sense should be the last Jason ability.

Also Sense triggers too easily..   Counselors should be much more scared before sense can display their red aura.   

Rage sense works fine IMO.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Also Sense triggers too easily..   Counselors should be much more scared before sense can display their red aura.   

Rage sense works fine IMO.

Yes last ability, that is a good suggestion. That would work well imo. 

54 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I would put stalk before shift too. I think it would make more sense since that's what he does early in the movies. First he stalks and by the end he knows exactly where everyone is. 

• Like 1

I SLICE & DICE more than ever before...now I seldom grab...why take a chance they have knives...it's not as fun as grab kills for sure but...

4 minutes ago, Purience said:

I SLICE & DICE more than ever before...now I seldom grab...why take a chance they have knives...it's not as fun as grab kills for sure but...

There's only 3 pocket knives. 4 if there's a Tommy. Forgive me if I don't get your logic here....

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

There's only 3 pocket knives. 4 if there's a Tommy. Forgive me if I don't get your logic here....

The logic is:  As they near the exit for the cops...a knife will allow them to escape

Maybe you need to have killed over 1313 counselors and played over a 1,000 matches as Jason...LIKE I HAVE to have an opinion that matters Nooby-Doo

7 minutes ago, Purience said:

The logic is:  As they near the exit for the cops...a knife will allow them to escape

Maybe you need to have killed over 1313 counselors and played over a 1,000 matches as Jason...LIKE I HAVE to have an opinion that matters Nooby-Doo

Actually I'm 443 matches as Jason away from going platinum (all trophies on ps4) so about the only thing you've proven with your comment is that achievements don't necessarily translate to skill. Even if the cops get called and there are people left alive that still have a pocket knife then who cares if they escape? You're not going to be able to get everyone all the time. But that doesn't mean that 4 people are always going to escape just because they have a pocket knife.

Grabbing vs. Slashing, the age-old debate.

1 hour ago, Purience said:

The logic is:  As they near the exit for the cops...a knife will could allow them to escape

There are a lot of variables that determine the outcome of such a statement.

How close are they standing near the exit?

Do they have a med spray?

Are they wounded when you grab them?

Does Jason have throwing knives?

These and other questions have to be taken into account. A knife near the exit isn't a 100% guarantee of an escape.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

You're not going to be able to get everyone all the time. But that doesn't mean that 4 people are always going to escape just because they have a pocket knife.

A lot of the time, if a counselor lingers near the exit and could have gotten away, I slash them, because they more than likely have a knife. Sometimes they get away, sometimes they don't. I agree, you can't always get them all.

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

A lot of the time, if a counselor lingers near the exit and could have gotten away, I slash them, because they more than likely have a knife. Sometimes they get away, sometimes they don't. I agree, you can't always get them all.

I'll do that and I'll slash a Tommy if there's a sweater girl around. Or the sweater girl for that matter. But I wouldn't say I only slash or even mostly slash because of "all the pocket knives." A few early grabs would take care of a lot of the knives.

41 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'll do that and I'll slash a Tommy if there's a sweater girl around. Or the sweater girl for that matter. But I wouldn't say I only slash or even mostly slash because of "all the pocket knives." A few early grabs would take care of a lot of the knives.

I agree. Grab early, slash later. I believe in mixing it up. All slash or all grab isn't as fun, but whatever gets the job done.

If there was a similar system like dbd's hooking system where you have to injure and down then hook and wait for them to get sacrificed, or if there was any sort of system added to f13 where you have to injure to grab, then it would take too long for Jason to kill all counselors in a 20 minute timer and make the game unbalanced.