OMOD

Grabbing every survivor with full health is no fun

I’m new to the game ( got it through ps plus) but I’ve been playing it for a while. Is it common for Jason players to just grab everyone and insta kill them? In my opinion doing that makes the game really boring and fast. Makes first aid spray and knowing how to fight useless when Jason can just grab and Insta kill at full health. I don’t mind him grabbing when they have less health but feels completely unfair when he grabs everyone in 5 minutes and wins. Makes going against Jason impossible unless u have a very coordinated team that sticks together to help you break out. But that almost never happens. At least in my experience 

#1 Don't get grabbed. Use windows, LOCK DOORS, use the unbreakable furniture. Try to avoid broken windows if you can by running out of the broken door instead. If Jason is around stay close to the larger cabins and try not to let him see you. 

#2 Don't get knifed. Run in a zig zag pattern and learn how to juke throwing knives with the rear view button. 

#3 NEVER run in a straight line if you see static on your screen. Immediately take a left or a right and start zig zaging. Jason is shifting towards you looking for a grab or a slash. 

#4 If jason is slashing you can trade hits with him. Typically this will stun Jason and allow you to escape. If you have a health spray now is the time to use it. 

#5 Perks to look out for at ANY quality. 

Thick Skin = More health

Hypochondriac = Start with a health spray

Medic = One health spray will have two uses when picked up. 

Slugger = Start with a baseball bat. 

Marathon = More stamina

Restful = Faster stamina regeneration. 

#6 This is NOT Dead by Daylight. Hiding crouched in a corner in the middle of the woods is NOT going to save you. Jason's Sense power will light you up like the Predator's bio mask. If you want to try to hide use the larger cabins. Don't use the hiding spots unless Jason is far away and your trying to stay off his Sense. Jason can hear you climb into a hiding spot and typically your counselor will cry out when he or she sees Jason. If you hold your breath they won't but Jason will hear you exhale when you run out of breath. Hiding in a hiding spot only keeps you off Jason's Sense power until he has Rage. Then he can Sense you across the map. Rage occurs automatically ten minutes into the match or even sooner if Jason has been beat up a lot early. 

#7 Stamina management is key. If Jason is far away and chasing you run and head for the nearest cabin. Cabins allow you to take a breather for a moment and refill your stamina. If Jason is close jog ahead out of grab and slash range running when you have to to keep out of that range until you get into a cabin. Don't be afraid to jump through open windows or even broken or closed ones if you have a health spray. 

In this game you don't get a bunch of second chances like in Dead by Daylight. You have to learn how to combat Jason when you have to and kite him around with superior stamina management. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, OMOD said:

I’m new to the game ( got it through ps plus) but I’ve been playing it for a while. Is it common for Jason players to just grab everyone and insta kill them? In my opinion doing that makes the game really boring and fast. Makes first aid spray and knowing how to fight useless when Jason can just grab and Insta kill at full health. I don’t mind him grabbing when they have less health but feels completely unfair when he grabs everyone in 5 minutes and wins. Makes going against Jason impossible unless u have a very coordinated team that sticks together to help you break out. But that almost never happens. At least in my experience 

Read through some of the how to stickys. The grab is the end all be all in this game, but Jason still has to land it to use it. As you get better at playing it becomes harder for jason to grab you. Dont just stand there and give him the easy kill. Make him work for it. The longer you survive and prolong the chase, the better it is for everyone in the match.

Is it fun to be grabbed and quick killed via the quick choke or head punch, when the Jason is a skill lacking buffoon and relies on those to win? No.

Is it fun to be grabbed so long as Jason uses a variety of kills? Sure. 

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

#6 This is NOT Dead by Daylight. Hiding crouched in a corner in the middle of the woods is NOT going to save you. Jason's Sense power will light you up like the Predator's bio mask. If you want to try to hide use the larger cabins. Don't use the hiding spots unless Jason is far away and your trying to stay off his Sense. Jason can hear you climb into a hiding spot and typically your counselor will cry out when he or she sees Jason. If you hold your breath they won't but Jason will hear you exhale when you run out of breath. Hiding in a hiding spot only keeps you off Jason's Sense power until he has Rage. Then he can Sense you across the map. Rage occurs automatically ten minutes into the match or even sooner if Jason has been beat up a lot early. 

You may still need to bounce around the map a bit to narrow it down, even after rage, particularly with  negative sense Jason's

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

#1 Don't get grabbed. Use windows, LOCK DOORS, use the unbreakable furniture. Try to avoid broken windows if you can by running out of the broken door instead. If Jason is around stay close to the larger cabins and try not to let him see you. 

#2 Don't get knifed. Run in a zig zag pattern and learn how to juke throwing knives with the rear view button. 

#3 NEVER run in a straight line if you see static on your screen. Immediately take a left or a right and start zig zaging. Jason is shifting towards you looking for a grab or a slash. 

#4 If jason is slashing you can trade hits with him. Typically this will stun Jason and allow you to escape. If you have a health spray now is the time to use it. 

Thick Skin = More health

Marathon = More stamina

#7 Stamina management is key. If Jason is far away and chasing you run and head for the nearest cabin. Cabins allow you to take a breather for a moment and refill your stamina. If Jason is close jog ahead out of grab and slash range running when you have to to keep out of that range until you get into a cabin. Don't be afraid to jump through open windows or even broken or closed ones if you have a health spray. 

In this game you don't get a bunch of second chances like in Dead by Daylight. You have to learn how to combat Jason when you have to and kite him around with superior stamina management. 

#1 this is the only thing you can do but once he breaks down the doors staying in the house is not any safer than being inside especially if he is a Jason that can run. 

#2 Ya Of cause don’t get hit by those things but this doesn’t matter when a Jason is shifting and just trying to grab you. Also if he is a running Jason his shift can get him close to run and then grab you. 

#3 Zig zagging won’t do much against a decent Jason that knows how to shift. This is even more so if he is a Jason that can run. 

#4 This doesn’t matter if he is only grabbing. 

#5 Once again doesnt matter

#6 Yes of course hiding is good but this wont last long against a decent Jason that knows how to use sense. Also if your in a hiding spot and are scared your dead because your character will make a ton of noise. 

#7 Yes of course stamina management is important. 

Also it may also just be more bothersome for me because even when I give Jason a long chase my teammates usually don’t do much during that time. Also what I don’t like about getting grabbed at full health is that trying to fight Jason is useless because he will just grab you instead of trying to hit you first. 

17 minutes ago, OMOD said:

#1 this is the only thing you can do but once he breaks down the doors staying in the house is not any safer than being inside especially if he is a Jason that can run. 

#2 Ya Of cause don’t get hit by those things but this doesn’t matter when a Jason is shifting and just trying to grab you. Also if he is a running Jason his shift can get him close to run and then grab you. 

#3 Zig zagging won’t do much against a decent Jason that knows how to shift. This is even more so if he is a Jason that can run. 

#4 This doesn’t matter if he is only grabbing. 

#5 Once again doesnt matter

#6 Yes of course hiding is good but this wont last long against a decent Jason that knows how to use sense. Also if your in a hiding spot and are scared your dead because your character will make a ton of noise. 

#7 Yes of course stamina management is important. 

Also it may also just be more bothersome for me because even when I give Jason a long chase my teammates usually don’t do much during that time. Also what I don’t like about getting grabbed at full health is that trying to fight Jason is useless because he will just grab you instead of trying to hit you first. 

another tip: watch some streams. A counselor using these methods can last a long time. of course against a good jason you will eventually die but you only need to survive long enough to get objectives completed and escape. the quicker the better. hiding under a bed for 10 mins or crouching in woods and not getting shit done will get you killed when Jason has rage.

Yes I know I can usually keep Jason busy for a while it just sucks when your entire team gets killed by Jason in 5 minutes because he is just grabbing everyone and quick choking them. I realize if you have good teammates this won’t be a issue but it just sucks that the whole combat stance where you dodge and block is useless if Jason just grabs you instead of fighting you. In some situations Jason should grab for example when people are trying to escape on a car or boat but besides during that time it’s no fun doing that. Personally in my opinion when I play Jason I don’t pick up counselors when they are at full health I only grab them when they are injured (holding their arm and not being able to sprint) to me that makes it more challenging, exicting and fair. I could just grab everyone and win in 5 minutes but that’s no fun. 

13 minutes ago, OMOD said:

. I could just grab everyone and win in 5 minutes but that’s no fun. 

There's not many people out there that could do that. Even some of the elite Jasons on the game would struggle to do that if they are playing against skilled counselors.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OMOD said:

I’m new to the game ( got it through ps plus) but I’ve been playing it for a while.

Which is it? New to the game or been playing for a while?

Your replies to @Alien_Number_Six's advice tell me you are new.... this is nothing to be ashamed of. The Alien's advice is actually very helpful... but it takes a bit of experience playing to understand. You can also check out the pinned topic (under General Discussion): "The Playbook - Techniques and Strategies"... and "Tips for those of you who are having trouble."
   Also, the Alien forgot to mention the perk: Nerves of Steel... a very helpful perk... When your fear reaches maximum, your mini map will disappear, this perk stops that from happening. You can see Jason quite often on the mini map, even if he is shifting... which makes it VERY easy to avoid his shift grab... or stop the car as he passes you and start backing up, timed correctly it is impossible for Jason to stop the car when you do this... or play keep away when driving the boat (when you have enough room to maneuver) only a +Water Speed Jason has any hope of catching the boat once you get him behind you... and many other situations in which the mini map is very helpful.

An extremely small number of VERY skilled Jason players can wipe out a full lobby of players in 5 minutes or under... This is even rarer than seeing a bigfoot knocking at your door in a city with a population over a million... but it could still happen I guess. The shortest matches I have ever seen involved both cars escaping within the first 2 minutes and filled to capacity... teamwork on the counselor's side can work wonders.

Some new players come here and make threads complaining about Jason slashing them... but this is the first one I have seen complaining about Jason's grab (from the counselor's perspective) for quite some time. Currently, the grab is quite easy to avoid and punish Jason (if you are carrying a weapon).
   If you have any high level counselors in your game and die before them... stick around and spectate, watch what they are doing. You can learn a lot from this and it is usually a pretty good show... bring popcorn.
   In the end, we all die ALOT in this game... but every match is surprisingly different. You can survive... or die in many ways. As you get better, you will survive more often than you think.

Also... Welcome to the forums!

• Like 2

Im new to the game in which i mean I barely started playing this month but I have been playing it for a good amount even though i barely got it. It could be because im a low level but most of my matches when im counselor is Jason grabbing everyone else and just insta killing them with a grab leaving me the last alive within 10 minutes. It could be that im not playing with good players. But I still don't like the idea of Jason having a move that can insta kill a group of people in mere minutes. Yes of course this should not happen with high level counselors.  All im saying is that when your at full health it should be easier to get out of grabs instead of it just basically being an insta kill. It makes me just want to play as counselors that have speed and stamina such Vanessa. It makes it much less appealing to play as characters that have strength when I can't really fight Jason without getting grabbed and killed at full health.

I can understand how Jason will probably need to have this ability when he is against high level counselors but when he is against low level counselors it is overkill because everyone gets killed quickly. 

4 hours ago, OMOD said:

Yes I know I can usually keep Jason busy for a while it just sucks when your entire team gets killed by Jason in 5 minutes because he is just grabbing everyone and quick choking them. I realize if you have good teammates this won’t be a issue but it just sucks that the whole combat stance where you dodge and block is useless if Jason just grabs you instead of fighting you. In some situations Jason should grab for example when people are trying to escape on a car or boat but besides during that time it’s no fun doing that. Personally in my opinion when I play Jason I don’t pick up counselors when they are at full health I only grab them when they are injured (holding their arm and not being able to sprint) to me that makes it more challenging, exicting and fair. I could just grab everyone and win in 5 minutes but that’s no fun. 

If you are used to DbD you mind game to avoid grab , Grab is very easy to counter just play the game with experience you will counter his grab.

On 10/17/2018 at 2:59 AM, OMOD said:

It can suck to have a grab only Jason or a slash only Jason. It happens sometimes. But know that all Jason players don't just grab or just slash. Take the advice of some of our more seasoned members of the forum. Do some reading and watch some videos to see how others are coping with the issues that you are having. You'll be glad you did. ?

If Jason is cleaning house in under 5 minutes it's because the counselors are foolishly running towards the danger, instead of away from Jason. Sometimes, this means you have to abandon an objective (at least for awhile) if he is obsessively guarding it. Some teams get so blinded by escape by car, they won't try anything else, they think they can fight him off, but eventually they get whittled down to nothing. 

When escape seems impossible, I find a nice grouping of cabins. Memorize any items and weapons inside then trap and barricade the doors. 

I was able to stay off Jason's radar with AJ (high stealth) for the majority of the match, when he did finally locate me I was able to cabin loop him for the remaining minutes, thanks to the traps and ambushing him with flares etc. that I knew were still in the cabin.  

Welcome to the forums, new campers are always good to see. I’d like to toss my two cents in but first I’d like to say you’ve been given very good advice so far. Re-read @Alien_Number_Six‘s comments before you play your next match, it will help more when you can see what he’s saying for yourself. 

- Don’t ever hold your breath when hiding, it’s a useless mechanic that just gives you away with no actual benefit.

- Learn to be still, but use that time to look around. When you enter a cabin, take the time to let your stamina get almost full before you search, lock the doors, find a route to the next cabin, or the quickest route back to the last one. Pay attention to what weapons are in each room and how many exits there are.

- I don’t leave things in drawers, it takes too long to get it out when in a chase. I drop something and keep a slot open making little loot cashes I can use to extend how long it takes Jason to wear me down. Try to always travel with three things though.

- Stamina is the key to kiting Jason, when you’re scared it recovers slower. Hopping in a hiding place recovers it faster and lowers your fear, but it works better if Jason is far away. If you can ‘be still’ and plan a route it’s easier to run and keep an eye on Jason if you know where you’re going.

- When Jason is in a cabin and you’re outside just wait, be still and recover that stamina, if he doesn’t break the window just climb back in when he walks or shifts around. You can loop Jason by making him have to break every window in a building, then go to the next one and repeat, you’ll actually find yourself getting bored if he’s not a running Jason.

- Don’t jump through windows unless you have too, it give Jason an opportunity to throwing knife you. Sometimes you’ll have to but in general, you should learn the timing of his shifts and grab distance, letting you know when to move or climb. 

Those are some things that I do that help me lead Jason around by his nose. 

Edit - 

You have to learn to kite

before you can learn to fight

Even though I think grabbing at full health still makes the game boring thanks for all the tips. Hope you guys all have a good day. 

On 10/17/2018 at 7:44 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Thick Skin = More health

Marathon = More stamina

This sums it all up.

Grabbing as Jason isn't boring.  99% of Jason kills are tried to a GRAB.   Would you prefer getting slashed to death over and over again, because thats boring.

Jason job is to kill..  Most of his kills are tied to grabs.  Its not that deep and this isn't DBD where you killers don't kill.

In the end, you basically got this game for free, played it for a few days, barely know anything about it, and complain about Jason grabs.

I BOUGHT this game over year ago for full price, and it was the GRAB kills that hooked me.  

Grab kills are MONEY!..  

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, OMOD said:

Im new to the game in which i mean I barely started playing this month but I have been playing it for a good amount even though i barely got it. It could be because im a low level but most of my matches when im counselor is Jason grabbing everyone else and just insta killing them with a grab leaving me the last alive within 10 minutes. It could be that im not playing with good players. But I still don't like the idea of Jason having a move that can insta kill a group of people in mere minutes. Yes of course this should not happen with high level counselors.  All im saying is that when your at full health it should be easier to get out of grabs instead of it just basically being an insta kill. It makes me just want to play as counselors that have speed and stamina such Vanessa. It makes it much less appealing to play as characters that have strength when I can't really fight Jason without getting grabbed and killed at full health.

There is a time limit in this game... and a great many players can play keep away from Jason for half (or more) of the time limit.
    Grabs are useless if there is even one other player nearby as they can hit him and force him to drop you.
    Even the best players still get grabbed and die... even at full health... as (of course) it should be. This is a horror survival game... which, to be worthy of that name... means the killer need to have a chance to kill everyone in the match. Survival is not guaranteed, nor should it be. You can see Jason on you mini map quite a bit and this makes it even easier to avoid a shift grab if you are paying attention.
   Jason actually killing everyone is far from guaranteed too... he does have to work for it, particularly when counselors don't stand around right in front of him. He is supposed to be a supernatural killer.... the counselors are not Hercules, nor are they trained soldiers... and certain counselors can indeed break free very quickly from his grip on their own.... Vanessa is not one of them.
   Its 7 against 1 in this game... the killer needs to be over powered or he would stand no chance in ANY match. If Jason could not perform a grab kill on a counselor at full heath, it would lead to him slashing everyone down... which would play like the very first fighting games (from way back) and make this particular game extremely limited and boring. 
   Expect to die in this game, whether or not you are good at it... survival is something you have to work for... and NO ONE survives every single match they play.

• Like 2

I also like the grab kills I just think it makes the game less fun when all you do is grab. When I play Jason I like to fight the counselors so what I usually do is I fight them or slash them until they are in the injured state (where they hold their shoulder) at that point I feel like it’s fair to grab them now because I have damaged them enough to earn that cool kill. The only time that I may do grab kills is when I grab someone out of a car or if they are in the water but that is technically not a grab kill. Also I feel like it’s not too hard to kill most of the counselors in a match by playing this way so I feel like being able to grab a counselor at full health not only seems unfair because you have not done anything to earn the kill but also makes matches too easy and fast.  

On 10/17/2018 at 6:09 PM, Pazuzu said:

If Jason is cleaning house in under 5 minutes it's because the counselors are foolishly running towards the danger, instead of away from Jason. Sometimes, this means you have to abandon an objective (at least for awhile) if he is obsessively guarding it. Some teams get so blinded by escape by car, they won't try anything else, they think they can fight him off, but eventually they get whittled down to nothing. 

When escape seems impossible, I find a nice grouping of cabins. Memorize any items and weapons inside then trap and barricade the doors. 

I was able to stay off Jason's radar with AJ (high stealth) for the majority of the match, when he did finally locate me I was able to cabin loop him for the remaining minutes, thanks to the traps and ambushing him with flares etc. that I knew were still in the cabin.  

But wait the video would have only been 3 seconds long if he did what I’m complaining about which is grabbing you at full health. He never once grabbed you so you were able to get away, if he just grabbed you immediately without trying to hit you would have died. Also he made mistakes in that clip also. 

1 hour ago, OMOD said:

I also like the grab kills I just think it makes the game less fun when all you do is grab.

Then don't grab..

Theres nothing really to say here other than, you may have to learn the hard way.   You should try finding a private lobby with good players, play as Jason and don't grab.  They will punish you non stop with melee stuns, heal all the damage away you inflicted from slashing and maybe..  Kill you.   

1 hour ago, OMOD said:

being able to grab a counselor at full health not only seems unfair because you have not done anything to earn the kill but also makes matches too easy and fast.  

The reality is.   Pocket knives and other counselors can free you by attacking Jason with guns or melee weapons.

Also, the current grab radius is small.. And the grab recovery animation is slow.  You can juke Jasons grab and melee attack him.  You can RUN away from Jason and loop through cabins. 

Jason has 20 mins to kill 7 counselors..    Jason can't be everywhere at once.  This means people can get objectives done and escape.  So Jason needs to be able to kill people when he gets the chance. 

The EARNING in this game mostly falls on the counselors ability to EARN their survival.   It was never about Jason earning Grab Kills.   Jason should be able to kill anyone on sight if he gets the chance, because theres to many ways break free from grabs.

If you actually care about the counselors you're killing when playing as Jason..  Then put on a show and actually pull off different GRAB kills through out the match.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OMOD said:

I also like the grab kills I just think it makes the game less fun when all you do is grab. When I play Jason I like to fight the counselors so what I usually do is I fight them or slash them until they are in the injured state (where they hold their shoulder) at that point I feel like it’s fair to grab them now because I have damaged them enough to earn that cool kill. The only time that I may do grab kills is when I grab someone out of a car or if they are in the water but that is technically not a grab kill. Also I feel like it’s not too hard to kill most of the counselors in a match by playing this way so I feel like being able to grab a counselor at full health not only seems unfair because you have not done anything to earn the kill but also makes matches too easy and fast.  

Wait until you play against some really good counselor players. If you can succeed in catching some of the better players out there... then you earned it... no matter how you killed them. If you think its not that hard to catch counselors... you have not been playing against good players or they have been extremely unlucky... As you continue to play and learn more, and play with different players of varying skill level, your opinion will change.
   Your point in argument against @Pazuzu's video above is irrelevant. IF that Jason had grabbed instead of slashing, he MAY have got the kill early on in the video... but first he had to actually land the grab. This is not necessarily so easy against skilled players. Your point hinges on an IF that did not happen in that video.
   There are a lot of people complaining about the grab for the simple reason it is too easy to punish a missed grab, and in the game's current state... with Jason being used as a piñata so often that most of the community agrees it is a problem. If you do not believe me on these points, keep playing... you will understand soon enough.
    Also, remember... most of the people you are talking to on these forums have been around a long, long time (considering the life of the game so far). Many people here have more than 1000 hours in the game alone, let alone the time they have spent on the forums learning about the game and tossing ideas back and forth... not only ideas to improve gameplay, but ideas concerning tactics and existing gameplay. Most of the members here have a pretty good idea of what they are talking about.

By the way @Pazuzu if that was you playing A.J. in that video... that was a hell of a chase you led that Part 7 player on... and I forgot to grab my popcorn before watching it.

• Like 1

@Ahab Yes I know that I’m less experienced so yes your probably right. But so far if I’m in a match and the Jason is just grabbing and not slashing then my whole team is dead in minutes while I’m left alone. And I’ve never had a problem killing all counselors by my playstyle but that could be that I’m not playing against good counselors so that may be the problem. And also regarding the video the Jason would have to be pretty bad with Jason if he attempted a grab at the beginning and missed. But yes most of you guys are probably right I just haven’t played great counselors or against great counselors so far 

23 minutes ago, OMOD said:

@Ahab Yes I know that I’m less experienced so yes your probably right. But so far if I’m in a match and the Jason is just grabbing and not slashing then my whole team is dead in minutes while I’m left alone. And I’ve never had a problem killing all counselors by my playstyle but that could be that I’m not playing against good counselors so that may be the problem. And also regarding the video the Jason would have to be pretty bad with Jason if he attempted a grab at the beginning and missed. But yes most of you guys are probably right I just haven’t played great counselors or against great counselors so far 

There are good Jason players that just grab, and there are good Jason players that just slash. The best Jason players out there know when to mix it up. As far as boredom, it's not all on Jason to make a match fun. Each person in the match can contribute to the fun.

• Like 1