@Ahab I haven't seen an afk Tommy on PS4 for a long time. I just looked through some of the patch notes and I couldn't find anything either. Seems like I read something about it somewhere but hell idk. I just know we always had afk Tommy's and they did an update (not sure which one) and then we didn't have afk Tommys. And the reason from what I've heard was what I posted earlier.

Random after the second player dies is as good as it gets. It’s unclear how waiting for highest ranked person to die would work. There wouldn’t be any counselors left to save by that point. 

23 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Random after the second player dies is as good as it gets. It’s unclear how waiting for highest ranked person to die would work. There wouldn’t be any counselors left to save by that point. 

9 times out of 10 it's either the first or second player that dies. (I'd put my money on the second every time) I don't think there's anything random about that...

I don't think waiting for the highest ranked player in the lobby to die is the answer but maybe the person with the highest score to die. Of course either way you need a time limit. Right now it's 5 minutes into the match if Tommy is called early. Although that would still leave a high probability of a worthless Tommy if nobody good dies early, or having Tommy come back too late to be any help if they make the time limit too long. An option to decline is great in  theory, but I doubt too many players would use it.

I honestly don't think Tommy is ever going to go to anything other than noobs and Jason hunters, with a few rare exceptions, of course.

@Somethin Cool Sometimes we can go from a long time in this game seeing anything happen often (like an AFK Tommy for instance)… to a long period of time in which we do not see this  "something" happen. Even common occurrences can sometimes be rare... it depends on the situation... and so many things are situational.

If an option to decline was implemented, the option to accept would at least have to be used to play as Tommy. Few may want to decline.. but there are some that would. It would still be a good option to completely eliminate AFK Tommy players either way.... and would allow smokers like me to go out for a smoke before Tommy is selected without having to worry about being booted from a group... or if I formed the group, getting the entire group booted from my own mistake of being AFK... Right now, I always wait for Tommy to be selected before I go out for a smoke to avoid my friends being booted from a game for my own mistake of being AFK... it happened once a long time ago, I learned from my mistake and will never let it happen again. In these situations, I am often unsure if Tommy has even been called yet, but I will er on the side of caution and not take the chance of getting my entire group booted.

@CountYorgaVampir I would think, if highest rank were used to select Tommy... it would simply choose the highest ranking player who is eligible at the time of selection... which would still leave it open to low ranking players anyway. I do not like this idea for selection much myself... I still think new players should be given a chance to play as Tommy. We all learn from experience, and its hard to gain experience at anything if people are not given a chance to do it.
   After all, there are still level 150 players that are useless as Tommy.

I don’t want people to have a choice in who gets to be Tommy and I don’t want it to always go to the most experienced player. If you think it is annoying to have a useless player be Tommy when you are trying to complete objectives, try looking at it from the other side where it is annoying for the Jason players to always have to worry about being killed every round. It is bad enough that the mask gets taken off with as few as two swipes by a machete. Killing Jason is too easy as it is. We shouldn’t be exacerbating that problem. 

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

I still think new players should be given a chance to play as Tommy. We all learn from experience, and its hard to gain experience at anything if people are not given a chance to do it.
   After all, there are still level 150 players that are useless as Tommy.

Truer words were never spoken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1