Alright looking at some of these Tommys is hard, how about instead of picking a person that died first, game picked an actual helpful player based on their stats/level because Ive been fkd numerous times by a Tommy,  that fixed a boat I needed a gasoline for and taking off by himself.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SharpHandBiscuit said:

The highest ranked killer that dies should be chosen.

Exactly because a new player that gets Tommy is no good at all

Its been mentioned atleast to have the option to decline. If i was a new player i wouldnt wanna be tommy and have everyone in the match yelling at me lol. But there is only one way to learn and that is to play.

• Like 1

I find myself guiding new tommys for the most part. sure it can be frustrating, but most catch on pretty quick

Damn it. no clue how this double posted....

18 hours ago, Chuckey said:

Alright looking at some of these Tommys is hard, how about instead of picking a person that died first, game picked an actual helpful player based on their stats/level because Ive been fkd numerous times by a Tommy,  that fixed a boat I needed a gasoline for and taking off by himself.

New players, are, well...new. Just have patience. Give some friendly advice after a match.

18 hours ago, SharpHandBiscuit said:

Every player, no matter how good or bad, has an equal right to be Tommy.

1 hour ago, Chuckey said:

Exactly because a new player that gets Tommy is no good at all

Every Tommy play wasn't an ace in the beginning. They do get better if they try.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Its been mentioned atleast to have the option to decline. If i was a new player i wouldnt wanna be tommy and have everyone in the match yelling at me lol. But there is only one way to learn and that is to play.

That's not a bad idea. If one doesn't want to be Tommy, they should have the option to pass.

I agree that Tommy players, like any other player, has to play more to get better.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Damn it. no clue how this double posted....

Did you not edit your previous post?

2 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Simply a decline or accept option would be good.

It would be nice to have an accept or decline option as you are selected as Tommy. This would also help to make sure that someone who is AFK is not selected as Tommy and just stands there only to be booted for being.... AFK.
    I also think players that suicide should NEVER be selected as Tommy. Suicide is not the answer to anything and should never be rewarded.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

It would be nice to have an accept or decline option as you are selected as Tommy. This would also help to make sure that someone who is AFK is not selected as Tommy and just stands there only to be booted for being.... AFK.
    I also think players that suicide should NEVER be selected as Tommy. Suicide is not the answer to anything and should never be rewarded.

Yes i agree many suicide to be chosen.

When I come back as the chiselerd-chinned-wonder, the plan is always to help other players. However that statement is based on a server full of decent friendly players who are doing their best to survive the night.

I have came back as Tommy in a server(s) full of people who have ran me over, team with Jason, smack talk on the mic and generally been trolls. Now Forum I know I should rise above it and I try to breathe my “so be it” mantra, so if there is one decent player I will do my best to assist them but usually those players just leave and I’m left with the trolls. 

So, you better believe in that instance my Tommy is gunning for self interest, fast and furious-ing my ass over the exit or Miami vice-ing that boat out into the briney deep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

When I come back as the chiselerd-chinned-wonder, the plan is always to help other players. However that statement is based on a server full of decent friendly players who are doing their best to survive the night.

I have came back as Tommy in a server(s) full of people who have ran me over, team with Jason, smack talk on the mic and generally been trolls. Now Forum I know I should rise above it and I try to breathe my “so be it” mantra, so if there is one decent player I will do my best to assist them but usually those players just leave and I’m left with the trolls. 

So, you better believe in that instance my Tommy is gunning for self interest, fast and furious-ing my ass over the exit or Miami vice-ing that boat out into the briney deep.

In toxic lobbies when I am selected as Tommy... I will not help anyone. Assholes deserve no better treatment than they show you. If there is anyone worth helping though, I will still try my best to help them... If there is only toxic idiots left, I will leave in a vehicle by myself... or refuse to help them kill Jason. I will also not feel bad about running over anyone that gets in my way to try and force the car to stop.
   The only people that would call you out for your behavior stated above are the toxic people that treated you like shit... but still expected respect out of you. I never understood the logic of someone being an asshole and still expecting you to do anything for them... and calling you every name in the book when you refuse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

I never understood the logic of someone being an asshole and still expecting you to do anything for them... and calling you every name in the book when you refuse.

Entitlement comes to mind in this instance...

22 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Entitlement comes to mind in this instance...

It does... it does indeed.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

It does... it does indeed.

What a wonderful world we live in...

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 10:25 PM, SharpHandBiscuit said:

Rank doesn't always translate to skill lol. I'd personally rather have it be based on XP if it were to be implemented.

I hate coming back as Tommy when my friend and I are the first two escape in the two seater or the boat, because I feel like Tommy should be a second chance for someone who was killed, not sending someone who already escaped right back into the fire, but my friend loves coming back as Tommy, and yet, it always chooses me to come back over him. I'd happily pass the opportunity to him or change my preference if they wanted to add something like that.

23 hours ago, BFizzle said:

Rank doesn't always translate to skill lol. I'd personally rather have it be based on XP if it were to be implemented.

I hate coming back as Tommy when my friend and I are the first two escape in the two seater or the boat, because I feel like Tommy should be a second chance for someone who was killed, not sending someone who already escaped right back into the fire, but my friend loves coming back as Tommy, and yet, it always chooses me to come back over him. I'd happily pass the opportunity to him or change my preference if they wanted to add something like that.

If the highest rank were selected to be Tommy... then low level players would never get to use Tommy. Everyone needs the chance to practice and get better with him. Or do you mean that Tommy should be selected by the person that did the most towards helping the team with repairs and such? This is also not a bad idea... but could still lead to many new players not getting a chance to play Tommy... and no opportunity to get better with him. 

I also like your idea of disallowing escaped counselors to be Tommy... it should be a second chance for someone that was killed. But suicides should still not be chosen... never reward a suicide... and I think a confirmation (yes or no prompt) would help for those that do not want to play him... and we would see far less AFK Tommy players. But a confirmation button could still lead to a suicide or escaped counselor being chosen if no one else wants to play him... someone has to be chosen when it is time after all.

Hello everyone. Last evening, I escaped when the cops arrived. I was spectating/checking my phone. All of the sudden, I returned to the game as Tommy. I haven’t played online, until the dedicated servers went live. You can be picked if you escape? Is this a known issue? 

On 10/28/2018 at 1:05 PM, BFizzle said:

hate coming back as Tommy when my friend and I are the first two escape in the two seater or the boat, because I feel like Tommy should be a second chance for someone who was killed,

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

I also like your idea of disallowing escaped counselors to be Tommy... it should be a second chance for someone that was killed. 

@Brian76, lol, both of the last two posts before yours mention the fact that escapees are picked as Tommy. 

As far as I can remember, people who escaped could be chosen as Tommy, so I don’t think it’s an issue. It is a good idea though @BFizzle, Tommy should be reserved for someone that got killed as a second chance. 

9 hours ago, Ahab said:

If the highest rank were selected to be Tommy... then low level players would never get to use Tommy. Everyone needs the chance to practice and get better with him. Or do you mean that Tommy should be selected by the person that did the most towards helping the team with repairs and such? This is also not a bad idea... but could still lead to many new players not getting a chance to play Tommy... and no opportunity to get better with him.

I literally said rank doesn't determine skill and that Tommy selection should be based on XP, not level.

And let the new players get good as counselors first. There's nothing worse than needing help while a level 3 Tommy is hiding under a bed.

@BFizzle To be fair... the end of your statement... "I'd rather have it be based on XP if it were to be implemented." can easily be interpreted as rank, or level.... you did not say XP in the match... this is why I was asking for clarification... I like to be sure we are on the same page.

To be fair, giving new players a chance to learn on Tommy helps them get better as other counselors knowing what max skills can do... for any skill. I have had to tell many new Tommys to go help other people, I am busy trying to get away with the people I have here... many times. Some of them understand immediately and others get upset for me trying to "tell them what to do." Sure new players will screw up... but they can screw up as any counselor and still cost you your in game "life."

There are several things worse than needing help while a level 3 Tommy is hiding under a bed... Needing help and Tommy takes off in the car alone... Needing help and Tommy takes the boat alone... Needing help and Tommy turns and runs, leaving you to die... and my favorite.... Needing help and a level 150 Tommy is hiding under a bed.

PC is full of new players today... The game is on sale... This will be amusing either way, but my preference is on counselor until the bonus tape drop is done, or I get my last couple Tommy Tapes. But I am sure the new people will be worth a good laugh tonight.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:05 PM, BFizzle said:

Does your friend usually drive?

15 hours ago, Ahab said:

and we would see far less AFK Tommy players.

I'm pretty sure they took care of afk Tommy's sometime around dedicated servers. As far as I know you have to click off the "your dead body screen" to be eligible to come back. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean you weren't spectating and had the sudden need to go drop a pickle in the pickle jar or grab a snack but I 100 percent agree that it should ask first and if there's no reply in say ten seconds then move on to the next eligible Jarvis.

@Somethin Cool I have died, and without changing screens I have come back from a bathroom break to find myself spawned in as Tommy once or twice since the engine upgrade. I have also not seen anything like that posted in the patch notes... although it seems that sometimes, not everything is necessarily mentioned in the patch notes.
    Fortunately, When this kind of thing happens, I almost always make it back before being booted for being AFK. I never go out for a smoke after dying unless someone has already spawned in as Tommy... just in case. If I get booted for AFK like that, my whole group gets thrown back into the party lobby with me. This has happened once... but they forgave me... eventually.