wes

FAQ - Content, Legal Status and The Future of The Game

16 hours ago, BigJay said:

Nice interview of Victor Miller giving his side of events. It sounds like there are talks of a settlement happening but who knows how long that can take. It sounds like there's a lot to divide up. Victor just wants his fair share of the pie so he can pass it on to his family when he dies which is obviously the smart thing to do. He really does seem like a nice guy overall. I hope it works out for him and for us fans so we can get some new movies or maybe even new content. Thanks for posting!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Nice interview of Victor Miller giving his side of events. It sounds like there are talks of a settlement happening but who knows how long that can take. It sounds like there's a lot to divide up. Victor just wants his fair share of the pie so he can past it on to his family when he dies which is obviously the smart thing to do. He really does seem like a nice guy overall. I hope it works out for him and for us fans so we can get some new movies or maybe even new content. Thanks for posting!

No Problem, and yes everything you said is true. Anthony is now trying to get Sean Cunningham to do an interview. I don't know if that is gonna work out but if it does then we can hear his side of the story. 

Just seen the live stream with Wes. 

Not sure how they're going to save face if the lawsuit ends soon, saying no new content ever just because they think people will expect more after a farewell DLC update.

Just work on the stuff that you started or few things the community wanted. (Uber Jason, Uber Map, Pajama Pack, Reggie etc) and end it. Finish what you started.

Anything after depends on the state of the playerbase at that point.  Most likely no new maps after Uber.

Should I point out The Walking Dead as a example? It's possible that it can happen and Gun knows it. Telltale closed from bankruptcy, and an entire new company finished the season. Whether people expect a new season after that is a bit irrelevant. At least they finished their job. 

Of course this assumes the lawsuit ends this year, which I would love to be optimistic, but it's unlikely.

@mattshotcha

IF they did decide to continue with content this is what I would like added as PAID dlc :

Jason X content 

More kill packs 

More weapons

Ghost Jason

Abandoned campground map

Support for PS4 pro and Xbox One X

I think these additions are within reason and would definitely create a surge of new and returning players that could also justify more dlc and a robust sequel. 

My opinion we're never getting content. If this lawsuit doesn't end by early spring then i feel it's over! I hope for the best like the rest of you. 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:00 AM, F134Ever86 said:

IF they did decide to continue with content this is what I would like added as PAID dlc :

Jason X content 

More kill packs 

More weapons

Ghost Jason

Abandoned campground map

Support for PS4 pro and Xbox One X

I think these additions are within reason and would definitely create a surge of new and returning players that could also justify more dlc and a robust sequel. 

I'd happily PAY for all this content, and I say this as a Jaded backer.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 9:39 PM, Armani? said:

Just seen the live stream with Wes. 

Not sure how they're going to save face if the lawsuit ends soon, saying no new content ever just because they think people will expect more after a farewell DLC update.

Just work on the stuff that you started or few things the community wanted. (Uber Jason, Uber Map, Pajama Pack, Reggie etc) and end it. Finish what you started.

Anything after depends on the state of the playerbase at that point.  Most likely no new maps after Uber.

Should I point out The Walking Dead as a example? It's possible that it can happen and Gun knows it. Telltale closed from bankruptcy, and an entire new company finished the season. Whether people expect a new season after that is a bit irrelevant. At least they finished their job. 

Of course this assumes the lawsuit ends this year, which I would love to be optimistic, but it's unlikely.

@mattshotcha

Even if we will never get anything for this game, I just want to see Uber/Grendel and most of that wish list Wes was talking about come out one day in some capacity. Whether it's for a sequel or a re-release, anything is fine. It doesn't seem all that fair all that has to fade away because of a lawsuit. I don't think Gun Media is going anywhere anytime soon, but if Victor and Horror Inc settles, they both should try and back them up on this with a nice money deal. I'm sure Wes and the others wouldn't mind continuing content if they had the financial support.

And if that can't work out and it meant I had to spend some of my money for Uber, Grendel, the SS Lazarus, Manhattan and many others, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Jason X isn't the only thing almost finished. There were nearly complete animations for kill packs for EVERY weapon, some seriously awesome ones too. Oh, and there were some bare handed kills as well, so presumably they were going to add the ability to have Jason with no weapon. There were also some sledgehammer kills. Also an animation for the nitrogen face smash that was presumably going to be an environment kill in the Grendel. There were two videos showing all these kills, but they were taken down. I have them on my hard drive but sadly I can't post them, they will get copy right struck. It's a shame, seems like there is a lot of almost ready content we will likely never see.

29 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

There were also some sledgehammer kills.

I wonder if the sledgehammer was going to be just a new weapon for weapon swap or a entirely new Jason that came with the sledgehammer. Usually a new Jason is added with a new weapon so that might of been the case. I don't remember Jason using a sledgehammer in any of the movies though.

5 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I wonder if the sledgehammer was going to be just a new weapon for weapon swap or a entirely new Jason that came with the sledgehammer. Usually a new Jason is added with a new weapon so that might of been the case. I don't remember Jason using a sledgehammer in any of the movies though.

My guess is that they were going to start doing weapon DLC, which I would have been all for. The sledgehammer model wasn't actually present, it was using the bat as a placeholder, but from the animations and styles of the kills it was pretty obvious to me that sledgehammer was what it was meant to end up as.

12 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

My guess is that they were going to start doing weapon DLC, which I would have been all for. The sledgehammer model wasn't actually present, it was using the bat as a placeholder, but from the animations and styles of the kills it was pretty obvious to me that sledgehammer was what it was meant to end up as.

Yeah that's probably what the case was going to be. And also the way we see Jason get killed in that video with the shotgun while he is on his knees may would have been the way to kill him on the Grendel map. The regular shotgun could have been a placeholder for the futuristic shotgun that the robot used in the movie. Maybe Tommy had to find that weapon and they were going to add a new way to stun Jason like the sweater. Then maybe Jason's head would of exploded after Tommy shot him like it did in the movie. But now we will just never know 😢

Oh and by the way, those videos are back up on YT and have been for a couple months now 😉.

2 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Even if we will never get anything for this game, I just want to see Uber/Grendel and most of that wish list Wes was talking about come out one day in some capacity. Whether it's for a sequel or a re-release, anything is fine. It doesn't seem all that fair all that has to fade away because of a lawsuit. I don't think Gun Media is going anywhere anytime soon, but if Victor and Horror Inc settles, they both should try and back them up on this with a nice money deal. I'm sure Wes and the others wouldn't mind continuing content if they had the financial support.

And if that can't work out and it meant I had to spend some of my money for Uber, Grendel, the SS Lazarus, Manhattan and many others, I'm perfectly fine with that.

The #1 thing people want is Uber Jason and its map.

Any other maps not even started are irrelevant at the moment  despite Wes's fears of people wanting more after that. The community just wants them to finish what they started. 

And when they do, the release of Uber Jason and its map would boost the community play base again and sales. The announcement of new DLC would go viral because that's what everyone is waiting for. So, it should theoretically be a better business decision IF the lawsuit ended this year. 

Even after that, PS5 will probably be released in 2020. The game could get rereleased there, and if there's still money to make, the game could actually continue. It would be sad to see this stuck on PS4.

Victor and Sean giving Gunmedia money would be awesome, but I highly doubt it. And Gun likely won't take money from fans now. 

30 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The #1 thing people want is Uber Jason and its map.

Any other maps not even started are irrelevant at the moment  despite Wes's fears of people wanting more after that. The community just wants them to finish what they started. 

And when they do, the release of Uber Jason and its map would boost the community play base again and sales. The announcement of new DLC would go viral because that's what everyone is waiting for. So, it should theoretically be a better business decision IF the lawsuit ended this year. 

Even after that, PS5 will probably be released in 2020. The game could get rereleased there, and if there's still money to make, the game could actually continue. It would be sad to see this stuck on PS4.

Victor and Sean giving Gunmedia money would be awesome, but I highly doubt it. And Gun likely won't take money from fans now. 

In all seriousness, I would pay $20 for Uber Jason and the Grendel map. 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 2/20/2019 at 4:51 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I'm having hope and love and prayer.....you guys can be negative but I won't be....

There's nothing wrong with having hope. Realism and negativity don't necessarily mean the same thing.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:47 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Regardless of what’s decided in the future, I think it’s a shame if the underlying code isn’t used for a future project. I’d like other asymmetrical horror to have the same number of mechanics/option. Currently Friday is the only one that lets us do a lot of things ie. swim, drive, boat, multiple different escapes, fighting that involves range and melee just to name a few.

Jason isn’t the only potential bad guy that could work, the bots could be repurposed as enemies in their own right. I just see so much wasted potential. 

I really hope that something is done with the engine and code, that it doesn’t just all go to waste. 

The code used to make this game could pave the way for similar games in this genre. I've jotted down notes for close to three dozen games centered around killers like Jason that could work with code similar to this game's code.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Cool opinion I still don't care lol its called hope not someone else opinion. 

One's opinion could include hope. If you are hopeful, own it with pride.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:39 AM, Armani? said:

The reason why that game was finished, is because Robert Kirkman himself got involved. It was his company (Skybound) that finished the game. My guess would be he didn't want something associated with his legacy being incomplete.

It was a shame how the whole Telltale situation went down.

5 hours ago, Armani? said:

Any other maps not even started are irrelevant at the moment  despite Wes's fears of people wanting more after that. The community just wants them to finish what they started. There will always be people who want more than they are meant to have.

Kind of disappointing that we won't see any content soon. Got the game not too long ago, mainly because of Jason X.

Also, yes. I have a profile picture of Wes Craven's New Nightmare Freddy. 

22 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Where's LeBron James when you need him?!

Let's hope we get a Friday the 13th reboot in the future..

1 hour ago, HaydenX said:

Let's hope we get a Friday the 13th reboot in the future..

I’d rather have a sequel to the 2009 film. After reading the leaked script last week. It would have been amazing. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Jason X isn't the only thing almost finished. There were nearly complete animations for kill packs for EVERY weapon, some seriously awesome ones too. Oh, and there were some bare handed kills as well, so presumably they were going to add the ability to have Jason with no weapon. There were also some sledgehammer kills. Also an animation for the nitrogen face smash that was presumably going to be an environment kill in the Grendel. There were two videos showing all these kills, but they were taken down. I have them on my hard drive but sadly I can't post them, they will get copy right struck. It's a shame, seems like there is a lot of almost ready content we will likely never see.

Dropbox the videos. Dropbox links aren't an issue.

A sledgehammer is what i was looking forward to. If i could have only one thing added to the game that would be it.  I wish giving Jason new weapons wouldn't be against the rules. The weapon probably isn't the issue, the kill animations is what puts a halt to new weapons. I would be happy if Jason just got weapon updates only. I would definitely purchase new weapons.

9 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’d rather have a sequel to the 2009 film. After reading the leaked script last week. It would have been amazing. 

While a sequel to the 2009 film would be cool, but i'd like to see a sequel on one of the older films
Also, leaked script? Are you able to link?