wes

FAQ - Content, Legal Status and The Future of The Game

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I think its because of the domino effect.

The stuff is probably ready or close to it or only needs some work. What happens is they release Uber, then the fans want the other kills mentioned, then the Pajama Pack, then they'll want Grendel finished, so on and so forth. That's where the problem is. They'll be expected to continue the content pipeline, things like the 'road map' and to me that's where the real answer is. They simply won't want to have that obligation again, sad but true. Mind you, I'm not giving Gun a pass AT ALL if that's what it sounds like. I've been critical of them as well.

Looking back. One of the more crucial mistakes was Virtual Cabin 2.0. Supposedly done by an outside team if I remember. If the resources that went into a game mode that was designed to be a walking wikipedia, went into things with more replay value like Uber, Grendel, kills, packs, a new game mode etc. It would've made more sense. The original Virtual Cabin afterall was only supposed to be a showcase of the models. Virtual Cabin 2.0 was basically a one time playthrough if that and it didn't even deliver on the promise of its end.

I think the most critical flaw was the focus on the emote packs and emote rewards for the singleplayer mode, when it should have been kills for Jason. In the kill selection screen, there are 12 slots for more by-hand kills, and considering the vast amount of kills that were motion captured, this should have been a priority and as a reward for each mission you successfully 3 skulled.

Just do this:

For each mission you 3 skull, you get a by-hand kill for free. By completing all 10 missions, you get one more kill. For the 12th kill, you need to find all the secret kills.

Boom, I just made it so that single player enhances your Jason experience.

However, one thing I think folks are forgetting is that the people clamoring for Jason X would be happy with Jason X and his kills. While the Grendle would be nice, what we would be MORE THAN HAPPY hearing is "the unfinished kills and Uber Jason will be finished, however, no new stages will be made, so you'll just have to pretend you're on Earth 2 or something if Uber is attacking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

I think the most critical flaw was the focus on the emote packs and emote rewards for the singleplayer mode, when it should have been kills for Jason. In the kill selection screen, there are 12 slots for more by-hand kills, and considering the vast amount of kills that were motion captured, this should have been a priority and as a reward for each mission you successfully 3 skulled.

Just do this:

For each mission you 3 skull, you get a by-hand kill for free. By completing all 10 missions, you get one more kill. For the 12th kill, you need to find all the secret kills.

Boom, I just made it so that single player enhances your Jason experience.

This too, I agree 100 percent.

You made a Jason game mode to unlock friggin emotes? Why not Jason related material? That would be like a singleplayer counselor mode designed to unlock Jason stuff. Why reverse it?

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

You made a Jason game mode to unlock friggin emotes? Why not Jason related material? That would be like a singleplayer counselor mode designed to unlock Jason stuff. Why reverse it?

Right ,I was furious when I learned it. Especially since I have a copy on my PS4 that NEVER goes online, meaning I strictly play as Jason vs Bots. It reflects what the game will be like when the servers go down. Anything the counselors get is rendered moot and pointless and a game celebrating Jason suddenly has Jason as an afterthought.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

4 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Right ,I was furious when I learned it. Especially since I have a copy on my PS4 that NEVER goes online, meaning I strictly play as Jason vs Bots. It reflects what the game will be like when the servers go down. Anything the counselors get is rendered moot and pointless and a game celebrating Jason suddenly has Jason as an afterthought.

Because Gun/illfonic either don't know how or don't want to learn how to do more complex content, and Mo-Cap emotes were the easiest things to put in the game?

So we're waiting for Horror Inc to refile an appeal they already filed in October.

They really love trolling us to get our hopes up. Not expecting anything positive, but best believe I will lose my shit if they announce they're trying to come to a settlement.

17 minutes ago, Armani? said:

best believe I will lose my shit if they announce they're trying to come to a settlement.

Why? It would be in the best interest of us fans, if they settle out of court or sell the rights to a third party (which a lawsuit would have prevented).

Wes just answered the new content question on their recent Beyond live stream. He said: "Will we see anything new added to the game? No! It will never happen." So there you go no new content ever. This dead horse can stop getting beat now. 

7 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Wes just answered the new content question on their recent Beyond live stream. He said: "Will we see anything new added to the game? No! It will never happen." So there you go no new content ever. This dead horse can stop getting beat now. 

Trust me if there is a settlement reached there will be new content the demand and pressure they will feel will be too great for them not to. However, maybe Wes has some inside info that Sean is going to refile the appeal. If that's the case then I understand why he bluntly said it like that. Hopefully we don't have to wait long to find out.

8 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Trust me if there is a settlement reached there will be new content the demand and pressure they will be too great for them not to. 

This would be a dream come true if this was the case. However, I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe when that interview with Victor Miller on Anthony D's  channel comes out on YT sometime this week Victor can give us some insight on what's going on with the lawsuit. Maybe him and Horror inc. are negotiating a settlement or the lawsuit will continue with an appeal we just don't know. In Anthony's part one video, he commented back to someone who wished they could get more content for the game and Anthony replied to them that he will say some interesting stuff in his part 2 video. I don't know if that can mean anything but maybe it does or maybe it doesn't. I think he plans on releasing that video tomorrow.

2 hours ago, BigJay said:

This would be a dream come true if this was the case. However, I'm not  getting my hopes up. Maybe when that interview with Victor Miller on Anthony D's  channel comes out on YT sometime this week Victor can give us some insight on what's going on with the lawsuit. Maybe him and Horror inc. are negotiating a settlement or the lawsuit will continue with an appeal we just don't know. In Anthony's part one video, he commented back to someone who wished they could get more content for the game and Anthony replied to them that he will say some interesting stuff in his part 2 video. I don't know if that can mean anything but maybe it does or maybe it doesn't. I think he plans on releasing that video tomorrow.

Awesome I can't wait to view it. Post it here if you can.

9 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Because Gun/illfonic either don't know how or don't want to learn how to do more complex content, and Mo-Cap emotes were the easiest things to put in the game?

The time it takes to do 2 mocap emotes is the time it'd take to make one Jason kill.

There are 30 emotes unlocked via the singleplayer mode.

Divided by two, that's 15.

Giving a bit of leeway and shaving off 3 equals 12, which would fill out Jason's by-hand kill list.

Stipulation - noun. a condition or requirement that is specified or demanded as part of an agreement.

One can only speculate as to what said stipulation could be.

Well Wes basically confirmed what I already said earlier in that stream yesterday.

Even in the hypothetical scenario of a settlement being reached and the logical argument of having another dev team come in to finish up the stuff collecting dust as a 'final DLC' of sorts. He more or less basically said what I said. People will expect more than that final DLC and its obvious they want no part of having to spend money in that area again.

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Well Wes basically confirmed what I already said earlier in that stream yesterday.

Even in the hypothetical scenario of a settlement being reached and the logical argument of having another dev team come in to finish up the stuff collecting dust as a 'final DLC' of sorts. He more or less basically said what I said. People will expect more than that final DLC and its obvious they want no part of having to spend money in that area again.

That was stated...yet again because of the lawsuit and the team expected it wouldn't come to any end so ofcourse they would have said that.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

What they should do is if they could release content again if they are allowed to and if they wanted to keep on making entirely new content is make new Jasons, councelors and the usual clothing packs and Jason kill packs as paid DLC. But new maps or if they wanted to do another game mode should stay free since content like that would split the player base. I know that probably won't happen but it's just wishful thinking. 

15 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Will Do!

Regardless of what’s decided in the future, I think it’s a shame if the underlying code isn’t used for a future project. I’d like other asymmetrical horror to have the same number of mechanics/option. Currently Friday is the only one that lets us do a lot of things ie. swim, drive, boat, multiple different escapes, fighting that involves range and melee just to name a few.

Jason isn’t the only potential bad guy that could work, the bots could be repurposed as enemies in their own right. I just see so much wasted potential. 

I really hope that something is done with the engine and code, that it doesn’t just all go to waste. 

4 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

That was stated...yet again because of the lawsuit and the team expected it wouldn't come to any end so ofcourse they would have said that.

You're going to be EXTREMELY disappointed then. Wes stated never on the stream yesterday and has stated that since the no content thing. You can delude yourself all you want but you really really need to move on from it. Think about it. Financially it just wouldn't make sense. Illfonic will not come back to work on it. They've moved on to more profitable ventures. Their newest dev won't be able to just pick up where they were left off. Also, Sean Cunningham has to give them permission to so. I guarantee he's already moved on and if there is a settlement he won't care about the game. The game is finished except for bug fixes. He would be concentrating on new licenses for movies, TV etc.

But, keep on clinging to that false hope if it makes you feel better. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think the harassment banner can be taken down now and replaced by a no content banner.

Yeah, I think it is time for that to be changed. It's been there for over 8 months. 

6 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Yeah, I think it is time for that to be changed. It's been there for over 8 months. 

49 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think the harassment banner can be taken down now and replaced by a no content banner.

No one remembers how to take it down, 🤷‍♂️ 😆

• Haha 2

@Strigoi

23 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, undrtkr said:

You're going to be EXTREMELY disappointed then. Wes stated never on the stream yesterday and has stated that since the no content thing. You can delude yourself all you want but you really really need to move on from it. Think about it. Financially it just wouldn't make sense. Illfonic will not come back to work on it. They've moved on to more profitable ventures. Their newest dev won't be able to just pick up where they were left off. Also, Sean Cunningham has to give them permission to so. I guarantee he's already moved on and if there is a settlement he won't care about the game. The game is finished except for bug fixes. He would be concentrating on new licenses for movies, TV etc.

But, keep on clinging to that false hope if it makes you feel better. 

Cool opinion I still don't care lol its called hope not someone else opinion.