wes

FAQ - Content, Legal Status and The Future of The Game

On 10/18/2018 at 4:46 PM, Barbara Ann said:

And poor Victoria stuck on that outfit for the rest of eternity. 

...The nightmare. 

giphy.webp

I haven’t been on here in months, but when i used to be on here a lot I remember seeing you here all the time, do you think you will play the Halloween game if gun makes one? 

• Like 1

I would at least like to know what all we were getting. They still to this day haven't told us. I think we as a fan base at least deserve to know. All they'd have to do is make a bulleted list or something. It wouldn't take that long. I know we were supposed to get Paranoia, Uber Jason, and Grendel, but what else? The findable photos? That's it? Just those four things and maybe the cruise ship from part 8?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I would at least like to know what all we were getting. They still to this day haven't told us. I think we as a fan base at least deserve to know. All they'd have to do is make a bulleted list or something. It wouldn't take that long. I know we were supposed to get Paranoia, Uber Jason, and Grendel, but what else? The findable photos? That's it? Just those four things and maybe the cruise ship from part 8?

Me too, I’d love to know, not sure deserve is the right word but it would be respectful to share what they can. 

5 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Same here I would love to know, then again I don’t know how upset I will be if I find out all the great things they would add 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 10:19 AM, IcrazyKid855 said:

Same here I would love to know, then again I don’t know how upset I will be if I find out all the great things they would add 

I'm already upset because they focused on adding so much COUNSELOR stuff and over 30 emotes, but they couldn't finish up Uber Jason.

Just now, Daneasaur said:

I'm already upset because they focused on adding so much COUNSELOR stuff and over 30 emotes, but they couldn't finish up Uber Jason.

Ikr it’s devastating

You/We aren't getting ANYTHING NEW until Horror Inc. and Victor Miller finally get their differences worked out and that could take 2-3 more years with the appeal.We are only getting bug fixes and balance tweaks until that happens.

• Thanks 1

It looks like this might not continue any further.

Horror Inc made the decision to withdraw the appeal.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/4497508/85/horror-inc-v-miller/

Like Larry said, no settlement has been reached yet. But, for whatever reasons on behind the withdrawal, hopefully it means they're working on some kind of deal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

It looks like this might not continue any further.

Horror Inc made the decision to withdraw the appeal.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/4497508/85/horror-inc-v-miller/

Ng  Larry said, no settlement has been reached yet. But, for whatever reasons on behind the withdrawal, hopefully it means they're working on some kind of deal.

Im waiting for Sean to call up Gun and say "Release content."

• Like 1

No content. Ever. How long must be beat this dead horse? The best we can hope for is a sequel in the future from another team.

@Jason Todd Voorhees I could have sworn Wes said no content ever in one of the beyond episodes.

59 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

No content. Ever. How long must be beat this dead horse? The best we can hope for is a sequel in the future from another team.

Again the team assumed the lawsuit would be going on for a long time and again if we have a settlement then boom new content and they said no sequel will ever happen.

So now we have to pray a settlement is reached within days if not another appeal will destroy any hopes of new content according to Slash N Cast!

Don't worry, even if a settlement is reached. Its not in their best interest to finish off the Uber Jason and release it as is.

That's what we've been told, time and again.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Don't worry, even if a settlement is reached. Its not in their best interest to finish off the Uber Jason and release it as is.

I mean it would be strange if they didn't finish on the projects to be honest.

GUN is tied up with Layers of Fear 2 so don't expect them to drop what they're doing should a settlement be reached. What we could expect is a new Jason movie. That said, I would gladly back a new crowdfunding campaign to resume content IF the lawsuit was resolved. Anyone else?

@Jason Todd Voorhees yeah but who is paying the devs? GUN media. I would assume (hopefully wrong) that they are not in a financial position to fund both projects simultaneously.

Edited by F134Ever86

42 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

That said, I would gladly back a new crowdfunding campaign to resume content IF the lawsuit was resolved. Anyone else?

I missed the boat the first time around. I would gladly hop aboard this time if it happened.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

GUN is tied up with Layers of Fear 2 so don't expect them to drop what they're doing should a settlement be reached. What we could expect is a new Jason movie.

I mean they are only the publishers lol the developers would be more tied down.

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

That said, I would gladly back a new crowdfunding campaign to resume content IF the lawsuit was resolved. Anyone else?

I would tbh

I feel bad for the ones that think the game will get new content. They are just setting themselves up for disappointment. But on the bright side, there could be a new movie coming out next year for the 40th anniversary of F13 if Horror inc. and Miller decide to settle. 

8 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I feel bad for the ones that think the game will get new content. They are just setting themselves up for disappointment. But on the bright side, there could be a new movie coming out next year for the 40th anniversary of F13 if Horror inc. and Miller decide to settle. 

It's never too late because again Gun ASSUMED the lawsuit would before another year or more and well this proven out to not be the case so lets have some hope 

11 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

It's never too late because again Gun ASSUMED the lawsuit would before another year or more and well this proven out to not be the case so lets have some hope 

I remember in Gun's second live stream, Matt asked Wes if no new content would be forever and Wes replied that it would be forever and they do not expect to get the call for them to get the Ok for new content. So that's why I have absolutely no hope for new content even if the lawsuit is settled. I really hope I am wrong though because who wouldn't want new content for an already awesome game? 

15 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

This is what's referred to as a PR smokescreen.

See, a similar thing was done with Arkham Knight where WB said "The WiiU can't handle the batmobile." They then didn't make arkham knight for WiiU... Then they also proceeded to cancel the DLC for Arkham origins, didn't give the second fighter pack for Injustice 1, and never gave WiiU owners Mortal Kombat X.

Same thing happened in Smash Bros for WiiU/3ds in regards to the fan outcry for playable Ridley; Sakurai said a very convoluted statement stating that "he felt that he is doing Ridley right by making him a stage boss so he's imposing and changing that wouldn't make him accurate to his character." it basically boiled down to "I can't be bothered to take the time to work on a completely new character, so have half a dozen anime styled characters with swords since they all share the same basic framework".

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Uber Jason is IN the game files and is nearly complete. Black Tower would have VERY LITTLE work they would need to do. For example:

His stats are present for him, but his standing model in the selection screen is not present:
ln7L9gd.png

He also has no music and the sound effects during his kills are both incomplete and may or may not play, but he has all 6 kills associated with his weapon:

And while I don't have it recorded, one online match I was in, I saw someone using Savini/Burning Jason using the Machete X and using the kills with no issue other than the sound trouble.

This also goes for the Fire Axe and Spear kills that were in the first version of the Ultimate Slasher edition trailer.
Q2suCel.jpg
6B4bcSS.jpg

It's all in the game and Black Tower, as skilled as they are, would have very little issue finishing this.

1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

See, a similar thing was done with Arkham Knight where WB said "The WiiU can't handle the batmobile." They then didn't make arkham knight for WiiU... Then they also proceeded to cancel the DLC for Arkham origins, didn't give the second fighter pack for Injustice 1, and never gave WiiU owners Mortal Kombat X.

Same thing happened in Smash Bros for WiiU/3ds in regards to the fan outcry for playable Ridley; Sakurai said a very convoluted statement stating that "he felt that he is doing Ridley right by making him a stage boss so he's imposing and changing that wouldn't make him accurate to his character." it basically boiled down to "I can't be bothered to take the time to work on a completely new character, so have half a dozen anime styled characters with swords since they all share the same basic framework".

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Uber Jason is IN the game files and is nearly complete. Black Tower would have VERY LITTLE work they would need to do. For example:

His stats are present for him, but his standing model in the selection screen is not present:
ln7L9gd.png

He also has no music and the sound effects during his kills are both incomplete and may or may not play, but he has all 6 kills associated with his weapon:

And while I don't have it recorded, one online match I was in, I saw someone using Savini/Burning Jason using the Machete X and using the kills with no issue other than the sound trouble.

This also goes for the Fire Axe and Spear kills that were in the first version of the Ultimate Slasher edition trailer.
Q2suCel.jpg
6B4bcSS.jpg

It's all in the game and Black Tower, as skilled as they are, would have very little issue finishing this.

Agreed

2 hours ago, BigJay said:

I remember in Gun's second live stream, Matt asked Wes if no new content would be forever and Wes replied that it would be forever and they do not expect to get the call for them to get the Ok for new content. So that's why I have absolutely no hope for new content even if the lawsuit is settled. I really hope I am wrong though because who wouldn't want new content for an already awesome game? 

This was Wes making an assumption again the team BELIEVED the lawsuit would feel their team frozen for good because it was going on for what? 3 years? This is why they assumed this and since we are waiting for a settlement about what's going on we should all just pray and hope Sean calls up Wes or anyone else and gives them the Ok to continue making co tent because even before that live stream the GunMedia staff made it clear they would love to make and release content for the community.

I think if you’re going to post shit about them, you’re just decreasing the chance of anything changing. Why shoot yourself in the foot by making accusations.

11 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

This was Wes making an assumption again the team BELIEVED the lawsuit would feel their team frozen for good because it was going on for what? 3 years? This is why they assumed this and since we are waiting for a settlement about what's going on we should all just pray and hope Sean calls up Wes or anyone else and gives them the Ok to continue making co tent because even before that live stream the GunMedia staff made it clear they would love to make and release content for the community.

You can hope all you want, I am not not trying to shit on that. I just don't think content is still a possibility anymore. I got my hopes up when the lawsuit was initially over before the appeal. And all that did was lead to dissapointment. I don't want to lead myself to disspontment again. Maybe Gun can talk about this subject in their stream tomorrow but I'd assume all that they would say is what they have been saying for the past few months like something along the lines of them not being able to add new content at the moment. I guess we gotta see what happens but I'm not getting my hopes up again. 

20 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I mean it would be strange if they didn't finish on the projects to be honest.

12 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

ln7L9gd.png

Q2suCel.jpg
6B4bcSS.jpg

I think its because of the domino effect.

The stuff is probably ready or close to it or only needs some work. What happens is they release Uber, then the fans want the other kills mentioned, then the Pajama Pack, then they'll want Grendel finished, so on and so forth. That's where the problem is. They'll be expected to continue the content pipeline, things like the 'road map' and to me that's where the real answer is. They simply won't want to have that obligation again, sad but true. Mind you, I'm not giving Gun a pass AT ALL if that's what it sounds like. I've been critical of them as well.

Looking back. One of the more crucial mistakes was Virtual Cabin 2.0. Supposedly done by an outside team if I remember. If the resources that went into a game mode that was designed to be a walking wikipedia, went into things with more replay value like Uber, Grendel, kills, packs, a new game mode etc. It would've made more sense. The original Virtual Cabin afterall was only supposed to be a showcase of the models. Virtual Cabin 2.0 was basically a one time playthrough if that and it didn't even deliver on the promise of its end.