Jump to content
wes

FAQ - Content, Legal Status and The Future of The Game

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Dropbox the videos. Dropbox links aren't an issue.

I mean, the mods could still delete the post. And likely will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Tried to sign up and it want me to pay to use it. No chance. Sorry.

Pay? The site is free. You might have tried to "upgrade" your account or sign up for a premium one.

Alternate file upload places are Mega.nz and google drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I just read this - this i believe is a new interview with Larry Zerner about the lawsuit. 

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing @Vanessaismymain  I really hope they are close to settling. A new movie and new merchandise would be great. But at this point in time, and the way things with this lawsuit have been going, I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

Thanks for sharing @Vanessaismymain  I really hope they are close to settling. A new movie and new merchandise would be great. But at this point in time, and the way things with this lawsuit have been going, I’ll believe it when I see it. 

I agree. I was excited when i read this and you're welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Vanessaismymain great find! I'm feeling optimistic since Zerner feels it's greater than 50% for a settlement.

Personally, I think a TV series would be way better than a movie. You could go into the origins of Crystal Lake's death curse, the childhood of Jason, his family life and the events leading up to his death. You could also dive into the lives of a new group of  counselors so each death is more impactful. This could be the chance to right the wrongs of that God awful F13 series.

As far as the game is concerned, GUN has made it perfectly clear that they've washed their hands of the matter. Maybe, just maybe, this could sway their stance...

@BigJay there was a Friday the 13th TV series that didn't acknowledge anything from the films and was a poor rip-off of The Twilight Zone.

@BigJay LOL. It's all good. My handle isn't F134ever86 by accident y'know 😋

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

 God awful F13 series.

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

 

@BigJay there was a Friday the 13th TV series that didn't acknowledge anything from the films and was a poor rip-off of The Twilight Zone.

Oh shit! I seriously thought you called the F13 film series god awful. My bad man! 

And yes I do agree with you. That F13 series was absolutely garbage. A new F13 TV series with Jason wouldn't be a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice so within the next two weeks they may settle! Let's pray that they do. We need new content ASAP! I know the devs say they won't do anything new but trust me they will once they see how big the demand will be for them to continue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope is very dangerous, even if a lawsuit settlement is reached we’re talking months before we could possibly hear something from Gun. I don’t want to spoil anyone’s excitement or experience but please keep in mind, content isn’t a tap you can just turn on. 

I really advise people to manage their expectations, bubbles pop and we’ve lost a lot of campers to hope that died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Hope is very dangerous

True, but doubt is the real killer.

@Slasher_Clone it was meant as both 😀. My hope for this game is all but gone, however my hope for the future of the franchise as a whole has been completely revitalized with this bit of news.

Edited by F134Ever86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, F134Ever86 said:

True, but doubt is the real killer.

You’re entirely right, doubt can be a real killer. Not sure if that’s meant as a counter to what I said or to compliment it? Lol.

I hope for good news myself but it’s a manageable hope, I also hope to not lose campers to expectations that are unrealistic.... and I’m a loud mouth who feels the need to stick my two cents in... but I hope people realize it’s advice and they don’t have to take it or even care that I offered it. 

I think I should add, that it’s unlikely we’ll get anything from Matt. He’s not going to know more than us and if he did, it wouldn’t be for us to know. At least not now. It’s a great article, but it’s only a possibility. Informed speculation is still speculation, and that’s all we have right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

 It’s a great article, but it’s only a possibility. Informed speculation is still speculation, and that’s all we have right now. 

It was a great article. Larry Zerner always seems to give really good interviews. But, he said he feels a settlement is close. He had that same feeling back before the initial appeal. Truth is, greed is an ugly monster. We can all see there’s money to be made so it should be a no brainer to settle and let the cash flow continue. Unfortunately, I think greed will keep the lawsuit going. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It was a great article. Larry Zerner always seems to give really good interviews. But, he said he feels a settlement is close. He had that same feeling back before the initial appeal. Truth is, greed is an ugly monster. We can all see there’s money to be made so it should be a no brainer to settle and let the cash flow continue. Unfortunately, I think greed will keep the lawsuit going. 

I think Sean has put himself in a losing position, Larry has a much better chance of being right this time but it won’t change things for us... at least not immediately. 

It was a great article, and I’m truly glad it was posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think Sean has put himself in a losing position, Larry has a much better chance of being right this time but it won’t change things for us... at least not immediately. 

It was a great article, and I’m truly glad it was posted.

Again....like I always said....HOPE AND PRAYER. (In mother Pamela <3)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 7:55 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Larry has a much better chance of being right this time but it won’t change things for us... at least not immediately. 

I know they said we won't be getting anymore content regardless of the legal outcome, and I totally believe that Grendel and Jason X will never see the light of day, but I still (maybe foolishly) think we could get emotes/clothing/kill packs in the future. They're such an easy cash grabs. And c'mon, in the meantime, Wes is literally sitting around reshaping Victoria's butt lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BFizzle said:

I know they said we won't be getting anymore content regardless of the legal outcome, and I totally believe that Grendel and Jason X will never see the light of day, but I still (maybe foolishly) think we could get emotes/clothing/kill packs in the future. They're such an easy cash grabs. And c'mon, in the meantime, Wes is literally sitting around reshaping Victoria's butt lol.

Hey as long as you’re reasonable about it, I’m not against being hopeful. 

You’ll know if I ever give up hope, my profile pic will stop saying #SaveCrystalLake, I’ll change it too a nice pitchfork or maybe a torch, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 7:11 PM, BFizzle said:

I know they said we won't be getting anymore content regardless of the legal outcome, and I totally believe that Grendel and Jason X will never see the light of day, but I still (maybe foolishly) think we could get emotes/clothing/kill packs in the future. They're such an easy cash grabs. And c'mon, in the meantime, Wes is literally sitting around reshaping Victoria's butt lol.

We won't get grendle, but if this is settled and the launch of the Switch version goes through, then all the stuff that is "on disk" can be released to all to give a spike in the player base.

Things on disk include:

-Uber Jason, his weapon (Machete X), and 6 kills it has
-3 more kills for wood cutter ax
-3 more kills for Fireaxe
-3 more kills for Spear
-3 more kills for Shears
-3 more kills for Battle Ax
-3 more kills for Pitchfork (likely including the farm pitchfork as a new weapon)
-Several by-hand kills (includes the head twist, rip your arm off and beat you with it, among others)

I think there is also something for the counselors, I haven't looked, but all this stuff is IN the data we have on our PCs, PS4s, and Xbones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

 

-3 more kills for wood cutter ax
-3 more kills for Shears

There was actually 4 kills for each of these weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigJay said:

There was actually 4 kills for each of these weapons.

I just checked.

-4 kills for shears
The woodcutter ax is a little hazy as the first animation is him setting the counselor down, they turn their back to him, then he bats them. It's also not grouped with the others and comes right before the shotgun kill animation. Still, it could just not be in the right spot for whatever reason.

-4 kills for woodcutter ax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...