wes

FAQ - Content, Legal Status and The Future of The Game

2 hours ago, BigJay said:

Yep, game over indeed. This will likely stretch it out another year at least, possibly up to 18 months. That pretty much rules out any new content, they can't hang around that long most likely. Screw both parties in this lawsuit, frankly.

• Like 2

what a fvcking douchebag this Mr Miller. His movie wasnt that good. the best thing was the music and its not his part. Big shame this all happens and this great game cant go on and make good publicity for the old movies ! Idiots !

29 minutes ago, prodigy said:

what a fvcking douchebag this Mr Miller. His movie wasnt that good. the best thing was the music and its not his part. Big shame this all happens and this great game cant go on and make good publicity for the old movies ! Idiots !

People need to stop being emotional and look at this as if it was yourself. You and myself of course would try to reclaim money if something we had a part of went on to make 100’s of millions and you got paid 7k. I dont blame the guy at all as this was in his legal right. If anyone is to blame its Sean but again that’s emotional as most of us would be doing the exact same thing he is. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Miller is not to blame in all of this actually it is his Legal right to do so and you would do the same if in his position. This is all about greed on both sides and yes us fan's are the ones that will continue to suffer for it. We all knew Horror Inc would appeal so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I had hope that they would come up with some agreement so we could get new content but as Wes stated that it was unlikely and not expected that we would. I still enjoy the game and as long as they continue maintenance on it then I'm good.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TWarner said:

We all knew Horror Inc would appeal so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Well actually I thought that from the kindness of their hearts... ☹️ This goes farther beyond a video game. It's all about money, money, and more money.

A bunch of scripted BS sound bites and a big lie. Horror Inc. has not been tying to “reach out,”  they’ve been trying to undermine and blame Miller for the entire lawsuit when it was Horror Inc. who sued Miller and halted development of this game. This is probably the 6th or 7th time I’ve seen someone surrounding Horror Inc. intentionally downplaying their lawsuit acting like Victor Miller is holding the IP hostage. It’s clear that Gun was told to keep this narrative alive as long as possible. 

Friday, Gun, and all the names could be switched out and it would read like any vague corporate email or press release. “Clarity,” “reaching out,” “working with our partners” are all bullshit code. I work in both the corporate world and in academia and am very familiar with these filler phrases used by parties to shift the blame.  Bye!

• Like 4

Even at this 0.0001% likelihood of anything positive coming out of this, I still remain so. I just have to say this is by far one of the most fun games I’ve ever played, adapted one of my favourite overall and horror favourite film franchises to a video game format. I have been off work and one night I clocked in at 8pm and played till 3.30am. I know there are many other players out there who have that addiction.

One negative is that I haven’t seen any punk/goth girls with an ass like A.J Mason yet in real life, but like above I remain 0.0001% positive.

• Like 3

Here is the thing: the game is meant to be a celebration of F13 and when the online dies, all things associated with it are dead too.

This leaves the singleplayer content, which is Jason only.

I don't mind that. However, I want all the planned Jason's to be playable. I'm guilty of linking videos to the unfinished Uber Jason because he's the last thing I want, along with his kills.

This is what I want:

1: Offline save of my profile. When I boot it up, I want weapon swapping and bloody skins and all jasons and kills and stuff.

2: I am 100% okay with us not getting the Grendle Map. Uber Jason, on the other hand, with how close he is to finished, I want. He's a Zombie stomp with Grip strength and I love his kills. I'll just pretend I'm on Earth 2.

It would be the perfect closing and I would be able to enjoy booting the game up long after the online has died.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:06 PM, Daneasaur said:

Here is the thing: the game is meant to be a celebration of F13 and when the online dies, all things associated with it are dead too.

This leaves the singleplayer content, which is Jason only.

I don't mind that. However, I want all the planned Jason's to be playable. I'm guilty of linking videos to the unfinished Uber Jason because he's the last thing I want, along with his kills.

This is what I want:

1: Offline save of my profile. When I boot it up, I want weapon swapping and bloody skins and all jasons and kills and stuff.

2: I am 100% okay with us not getting the Grendle Map. Uber Jason, on the other hand, with how close he is to finished, I want. He's a Zombie stomp with Grip strength and I love his kills. I'll just pretend I'm on Earth 2.

It would be the perfect closing and I would be able to enjoy booting the game up long after the online has died.

I want to go to Mars in the upcoming 2030s missions !

Wish me good luck , and btw i'll send you a picture once i get there ^^

5 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Heck, I got slapped for stating facts with a permanent mark because GUN and Illfonic were going "no you don't understand, nothing was finished and nothing works at all" and I was posting videos of uber Jason doing 6 unique kills, full stat screen and animations, a weapon that could be swapped around, he just didn't have any music and sometimes the kills didn't have any sounds while explicitly stating that legally, as supported by the case of Hot Coffee in GTA, are within the legal jurisdiction of being IN the game and having passed certification, therefore falling under the umbrella of "content currently in the game".

I wouldn't be so sure that everything in the game files has automatically passed certification. It's common for games to have extras and stuff never meant to be seen, for example in one of the Spyro games if you go off the map in one place you'll come across an unfinished map of Hogwarts, due to the same company also making some of the Harry Potter games.

9 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

I wouldn't be so sure that everything in the game files has automatically passed certification. It's common for games to have extras and stuff never meant to be seen, for example in one of the Spyro games if you go off the map in one place you'll come across an unfinished map of Hogwarts, due to the same company also making some of the Harry Potter games.

Oh lawdy, they deleted my comment.

Must have struck a nerve, eh?

On 10/16/2018 at 11:49 AM, kohagan said:

This is a stupid comment, sorry but it is. 

Explain how this is an excuse when horror Inc said cease any new content?  What are they supposed to do if they can't do anymore content? 

They stopped releasing content long before this even surfaced.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:17 PM, TommyJarvisfan said:

They stopped releasing content long before this even surfaced.

Actually they released single player challenges, weapon swap and the counselor Victoria Sterling in May, the month before we got the news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Actually they released single player challenges, weapon swap and the counselor Victoria Sterling in May, the month before we got the news.

May 24th or 28th, I can't remember.

Regardless, that patch included a much more cleaned up Uber Jason, his weapon, and 6 kills. There was a June 1st patch to fix several of the things that got broken, then June 11th rolled around and they made a full stop on progress.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:01 PM, TommysMightyChin said:

Even at this 0.0001% likelihood of anything positive coming out of this, I still remain so. I just have to say this is by far one of the most fun games I’ve ever played, adapted one of my favourite overall and horror favourite film franchises to a video game format. I have been off work and one night I clocked in at 8pm and played till 3.30am. I know there are many other players out there who have that addiction.

One negative is that I haven’t seen any punk/goth girls with an ass like A.J Mason yet in real life, but like above I remain 0.0001% positive.

Here in Brazil we have much punk or gotic girls with big ass 😎

I'm still mad we didn't get Uber Jason. I wanted a Zombie Stomp with Destruction and Grip strength.

7 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

I'm still mad we didn't get Uber Jason. I wanted a Zombie Stomp with Destruction and Grip strength.

It stings, but I'm long since over it.

Yeah. I havent been a lawyer for long. But all of this sounds pretty legit. If the rights were never theirs. Everything they did was in association with horror inc. Once they loss the case it is up to victor miller for them to continue on with anything involving Friday the 13th. Victor miller has to give horror inc permission who can then in turn give it to gun media. So if the game was called just Jason and didnt have camp crystal lake or his pam voorhees mother. It wouldnt be so bad. But this entire game involves the original movie in some way. Like most things involving jason. So they cant add or alter it until horror inc and victor miller come to an understanding in writting. Horror inc has likely reached out about their own rights with F13 along with Gun's. But if you were victor miller and you just got out of being sued by these people (horror inc) two minutes ago. Wouldnt you be a little salty. Or at least be slow with the responses. I mean they gave you the hardest time about something you felt was yours to begin with. Im not saying it is his or he was right. Im just saying thats how he likely feels. F13 is not bad of a game. Im sure one day if you guys keep playing gun media can add more. But if you stop playing. Why would they. Dont give up. Keep playing. The more people who play the more likely new content will come.

• Like 3

We can only read, our opinion is not worth one cent or euro-cent. It would be nice if every now and then somebody here on the forum (as in this topic) would inform us (players and consumers) at what stage the case is.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:25 PM, RobiePL said:

We can only read, our opinion is not worth one cent or euro-cent. It would be nice if every now and then somebody here on the forum (as in this topic) would inform us (players and consumers) at what stage the case is.

They are at the stage of not ever releasing new content because doing so would require Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham to come to some type of settlement/ compromise to how payments/ royalties will work.....

it is even worse now that the courts have ruled in Miller’s favor.

( I don’t say this because I am in Horror Inc. corner a settlement should have been made a long time ago with Miller and what he deserves for starting a very lucrative franchise.)

Because all the sequels are a derivative work from the original it ties up the entire franchise until the two come together we are at a stand still on any new films and the game/ possible games.....

It seems both are unwilling to work with each other at this point.......

so that’s it in a nutshell.