wes

FAQ - Content, Legal Status and The Future of The Game

12 hours ago, Thrilmang said:

Well victor miller has already said you can create more content if u want... 

I was just about to post that but you beat me to it.

Victor Miller said he doesn't want to stand in the way of the franchise. The lack of communication from him could be a variety of things. Perhaps he wants to settle/resolve the legal issues before responding to Horror, Inc, or he isn't aware of their attempts(if they only contact by email he might be ignoring them because of too many attempts).

As soon as the OK to go is given, I want to see the partially finished content already in the game build to be finished, at the very least. Jason X, kill packs, etc. I can live without Grendel.

I'm worried that Horror Inc kind of screwed it up when they mentioned they were contemplating on an appeal in their public statement or maybe before that. It probably spooked Victor Miller and his legal team, which is probably why they're not responding because they want to stay as safe as possible in case they have to go into another legal battle.

Probably not the case though, it's just a bit of a concern I have considering the circumstances that took place between the Miller and Cunningham. I hope I'm wrong about all that and they're actually working out a deal as we speak.

@Armani?  I really really hope so too. Hopefully with the huge ongoing promotions of the game(Like the free Playstation plus for October, bonus XPs, tape events and merchandise giveaways) it'll be enough influence to convince both parties(Miller and Horror Inc) to come to some sort of an agreement.

@wes @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben This October event you guys are doing is working out nicely by putting the game and franchise back on the radar. Keep this going and show it to the rights holders the best you can. I'm not saying that Gun Media and the community needs to always shoot out e-mails constantly to Miller and Horror Inc requesting their support(Harassing is never cool) but promoting the game is a good way to give you guys some pull from the F13 owners, create better influence and give you a better chance on getting back permission to add more content.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Armani? said:

If I remember correctly, the game community wanted dedicated servers, but we didn't know at the time there was a deadline for content to be put in the game. They didn't tell us. 

We only got a hint with that response to Reggie thread back in April.

But they stopped working on content duringn the unneeded upgrade. What does the coding team have to do with the asset team? It makes very little sense to stop asset production when they are two separate entities. The guy who is coding(engine upgrade) is not the same guy building assets. It just doesn't make sense to halt production completely when each thing is handled by different groups. 

It would be like going to McDonald's and the fry station is being repaired so they stopped making burgers. 

• Like 1

Isn't the only thing affected the first film where the mother is the killer.

How could that interfere with the game?

5 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I'm worried that Horror Inc kind of screwed it up when they mentioned they were contemplating on an appeal in their public statement or maybe before that. It probably spooked Victor Miller and his legal team, which is probably why they're not responding because they want to stay as safe as possible in case they have to go into another legal battle.

Probably not the case though, it's just a bit of a concern I have considering the circumstances that took place between the Miller and Cunningham. I hope I'm wrong about all that and they're actually working out a deal as we speak.

@Armani?  I really really hope so too. Hopefully with the huge ongoing promotions of the game(Like the free Playstation plus for October, bonus XPs, tape events and merchandise giveaways) it'll be enough influence to convince both parties(Miller and Horror Inc) to come to some sort of an agreement.

@wes @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben This October event you guys are doing is working out nicely by putting the game and franchise back on the radar. Keep this going and show it to the rights holders the best you can. I'm not saying that Gun Media and the community needs to always shoot out e-mails constantly to Miller and Horror Inc requesting their support(Harassing is never cool) but promoting the game is a good way to give you guys some pull from the F13 owners, create better influence and give you a better chance on getting back permission to add more content.

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I was just about to post that but you beat me to it.

Victor Miller said he doesn't want to stand in the way of the franchise. The lack of communication from him could be a variety of things. Perhaps he wants to settle/resolve the legal issues before responding to Horror, Inc, or he isn't aware of their attempts(if they only contact by email he might be ignoring them because of too many attempts).

As soon as the OK to go is given, I want to see the partially finished content already in the game build to be finished, at the very least. Jason X, kill packs, etc. I can live without Grendel.

Two very educated replies and research, thank you guys.  Thank You for your update Wes.  We can pray this will work through the civil process, it's about the $$$ and what is fair in their eyes, not the eyes we are seeing this through, we just want the game to continue :-) 

• Like 1

About Jason's grab, can you change back to the last grab animation because it is too hard to play as Jason for newcomers, especially when they waited maybe a whole day to become Jason and then gets stunned like 100 times because of that long grab animation( I play mostly now as part 3 because of weapon damage, a good encounter against Jason Killers, but still gets killed as jason). I saw at your message that you still fix balances, so I begging you to bring us the grab animation before the currently grab animation. Everything else is good. there is just small bugs and glitches, but that does not hinder me to play. 

3 hours ago, Brigadius said:

But they stopped working on content duringn the unneeded upgrade. What does the coding team have to do with the asset team? It makes very little sense to stop asset production when they are two separate entities. The guy who is coding(engine upgrade) is not the same guy building assets. It just doesn't make sense to halt production completely when each thing is handled by different groups. 

It would be like going to McDonald's and the fry station is being repaired so they stopped making burgers. 

Victoria, Single Player Challenges, Legendary Perks, New Outfit for Roy, Weapon swapping, Keybinding, J7 rebalance, new Jason ticket system... there were a lot of things finished and added to the game in the engine update when different groups had some downtime between working on things directly related to the engine update. The engine update touched every part of the game and things had to be checked by the teams that created the content. That includes people who are building assets.

Your analogy doesn’t work here because it would be more like the entire McDonald’s interior is being renovated but some employees are still making food while they check over the old food and food prep hardware to make sure it works well in the renovated McDonald’s. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DaniPooPobunga said:

About Jason's grab, can you change back to the last grab animation because it is too hard to play as Jason for newcomers, especially when they waited maybe a whole day to become Jason and then gets stunned like 100 times because of that long grab animation( I play mostly now as part 3 because of weapon damage, a good encounter against Jason Killers, but still gets killed as jason). I saw at your message that you still fix balances, so I begging you to bring us the grab animation before the currently grab animation. Everything else is good. there is just small bugs and glitches, but that does not hinder me to play. 

Play offline as Jason until you master the basic skills. Else you will get destroyed in a QP lobby if anyone is a skilled counselor..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Play offline as Jason until you master the basic skills. Else you will get destroyed in a QP lobby if anyone is a skilled counselor..

I’m out of likes for right now, but if I had any to give, you would have just gotten one. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’m out of likes for right now, but if I had any to give, you would have just gotten one. 

lol, thanks. Yeah i just turned lv 150 last night, and i still warm up against the bots every night before i play. have to keep the skills sharp in this game.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DaniPooPobunga said:

Jason’s new grab, is fine. Just practice in offline bots.

you can’t spam Jason’s grab like before, but you’ll find it’s more accurate. 

• Like 1

Just now, dandop1984 said:

Jason’s new grab, is fine. Just practice in offline bots.

you can’t spam Jason’s grab like before, but you’ll find it’s more accurate. 

Well it looks more accurate as there isnt anymore force grabs, but id say there is a larger percentage of miss grabs. Ive missed so many head on grabs which were guaranteed grabs in the past. It makes the game interesting for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Lol. I can't believe you're still pushing for Reggie. 

They already told Shavar Ross yes back in April.

If it wasnt for the lawsuit they'd probably be halfway or nearly done with his model by now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Well it looks more accurate as there isnt anymore force grabs, but id say there is a larger percentage of miss grabs. Ive missed so many head on grabs which were guaranteed grabs in the past. It makes the game interesting for sure.

I see so many Jasons grab from really far away...

1 minute ago, counselorangus said:

I see so many Jasons grab from really far away...

you should have been around months ago.. The force was strong with Jason.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Always hated his character. Of course I don't like children, so that probably is part of it. In the highly unlikely event we ever get a new counselor (even more unlikely to be based on a character from the movies) there is a huge list of characters that should be in before Reggie. 

Gladly start your campaign for those characters, get them to 20+ reactions in the OP, get to 54 pages and give them a unique stats build for every one of them. Otherwise, your point is mute.

Reggie isn't the only one I'd like to see in the game BTW.

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Gladly start your campaign for those characters, get them to 20+ reactions in the OP, get to 54 pages and give them a unique stats build for every one of them. Otherwise, your point is mute.

you have no quit in you thats for sure.. ?

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

No, it's not. You campaigned for what you wanted to see for this game, and I respect your dedication. That doesn't mean there aren't far more worthy characters to be included. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

No, it's not. You campaigned for what you wanted to see for this game, and I respect your dedication. That doesn't mean there aren't far more worthy characters to be included. 

Characters that have yet to be named.

Who are they? And what stats would they have, what role would they play that's a unique stat build?

I'm not against characters besides Reggie. There's just no depth to what you're saying lol.

If you want to see a character from the movie come back to the game, start your own campaign for them, think hard about their stats and see how much attention it gets. Maybe I'll be one to support if I like it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Characters that have yet to be named.

Who are they? And what stats would they have, what role would they play that's a unique stat build?

Ginny. Trish Jarvis. Megan Garris. All three were much more significant characters. Ginny would be similar to Jenny but with a high intelligence stat. Trish I see as a good speed, stamina, composure character. Megan is a fun loving thrill seeker. I see her having overall average stats. Almost a female Kenny but with a bit more composure and speed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Ginny. Trish Jarvis. Megan Garris. All three were much more significant characters. Ginny would be similar to Jenny but with a high intelligence stat. Trish I see as a good speed, stamina, composure character. Megan is a fun loving thrill seeker. I see her having overall average stats. Almost a female Kenny but with a bit more composure and speed.

The next counselor, if I'm correct, would have been male.

Why do you have a problem with Reggie? You can get your final girl DLC next?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Armani? said:

As I explained I have always hated his character. I found him incredibly annoying and was hoping he'd buy the farm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Are you suggesting a child Reggie or an adult Reggie? There's absolutely no way they're going to have a child getting brutally murdered in this game. 

EDIT: I just read your post and see you said to buff a few years on him. :)

1 hour ago, Splatterhouse said:

Are you suggesting a child Reggie or an adult Reggie? There's absolutely no way they're going to have a child getting brutally murdered in this game. 

EDIT: I just read your post and see you said to buff a few years on him. :)

Ask Wes.

There's no telling what they're doing, but yes, I proposed to buff his age a few years. 

He was already a teenager anyways, he just didn't finish puberty?