wes

FAQ - Content, Legal Status and The Future of The Game

9 minutes ago, Christopher Newman said:

That's not how it works.. that has to be an agreement between Victor Miller and Horror Inc... on paper.

Exactly. Can people stop sharing this guys vids. They are complete trash. Dude emails Victor a guy who was threatened, harasssed, and his family was dragged into it. Of course hes gonna say yeah as hes seen the what this comunity is capable of. But nothing in that email is a green light for content or even anything close to that. I swear him and slash n cast are the worse content creators based in this game. 

I’d like one more answer if you wouldn’t mind @wes...

Are you hoping with us, let me clarify, are you hoping to find away to carry on with development of Friday, because honestly knowing you want to continue, is the only way the fan and community can continue to wait and feel mollified about the way we have been treated in the past? 

I’m willing to wait but this announcement doesn’t actually matter if you cannot answer my question. It can be easily turned against you by the trolls who frequent this place, let us know, thanks for reading. 

• Like 1

Should add a mode where one of the campers is the killer with 2-3x Health.

Opening cutscene somebody finds the unlucky camper from the opening scene from the games in a tub and everyone screams and runs away.
In this mode there is no escape with police, and no maps (not even the mini compass). 
The killer is decided randomly and starts in a random spot.  
3 shot guns per game.
The killer also has a grab kill (Grab kill is decided with each weapon having 4 different executions or a similar Jason environmental kill)

If you kill someone who is not the killer -800xp and your character has a found a dead body reaction but for 2x the amount of time.

If you escape with the killer in the car it counts as getting killed.

Couldn't this mode be the answer to adding content (which I and other fans would f****n cream over) without touching the licensed material?

Hell I would toss 10 bucks for a DLC update like that.

36 minutes ago, TommyJarvisfan said:

Sounds like to me you just waited for the first excuse to drop the game. :/

Exactly! Smh 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 40 Minutes to 5:00 said:

Couldn't this mode be the answer to adding content (which I and other fans would f****n cream over) without touching the licensed material?

If they cant add a rock to the game, how would a game mode be ok? They cant add anything new til Victor and Sean agree. I dont think theres a loophole here. Only loophole that was possible was having completed content in the game code before the cutoff. 

38 minutes ago, TommyJarvisfan said:

Sounds like to me you just waited for the first excuse to drop the game. ?

This is a stupid comment, sorry but it is. 

Explain how this is an excuse when horror Inc said cease any new content?  What are they supposed to do if they can't do anymore content? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What if you were able to release everything except Grendel? I'm sure most people wouldn't care as long as they still had Uber and the kill packs. That alone would be a good enough send off to satisfy most people 

• Like 2

this could have been condensed to "we cant add shit"

such a shame whats happening. These 2 bitter old fucks destroyed an entire franchise.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

If they cant add a rock to the game, how would a game mode be ok? They cant add anything new til Victor and Sean agree. I dont think theres a loophole here. Only loophole that was possible was having completed content in the game code before the cutoff. 

But everything the need to make this mode is in the codes and it wouldn't be adding to the game content wise per se just rearranging all the existing content in a new and interesting way.  Plus this update wouldn't touch at the licensed material.

7 minutes ago, kohagan said:

This is a stupid comment, sorry but it is. 

Explain how this is an excuse when horror Inc said cease any new content?  What are they supposed to do if they can't do anymore content? 

My thoughts exactly.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Crispen_Glover said:

this could have been condensed to "we cant add shit"

such a shame whats happening. These 2 bitter old fucks destroyed an entire franchise.   

Lmao they didnt destroy shit. This isnt about money today, its about money over the next 30 years. If f13 never made another movie or game it will still be a profitable license. Lets not be over dramatic here as they are still making money, us fans are the ones that are screwed. Jason is like Mario. If Nintendo decided to stop making anything Mario related, they would still make millions on his likeness. It would be us the fans that would suffer, not Nintendo.   

• Like 1

I know it's not your call, but still hold out hope you can eventually continue to add content. This is one of the best games I've ever played, and I thank you guys for delivering such a rewarding experience.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

First of all, thanks very much for the update!

Secondly, this comment right here is enough to give people hope for future content. It may be false hope, but it's hope none the less.

No false hope here man! We just need to hope Horror Inc sees how badly we want content back!

So as much as i would like to believe tye reasoning behind not releasing uber jason and grendal map i have a hard time believing muxh of anything reported to us.  Before new engine was releases we were told uber Jason and grendal map were complete, and that you all just didnt want to releaae it till new servers came out so that everything would go smoothly when adding content. Now i am reading that grendal map isn't even close to being finished and uber isnt quite finished either. This a contradicting to what was said to us before. Seems like more smoke being blown. Hard to believe anything you all say anymore. Haven't kept your word on anything yet that im aware of. I love the game but don't trust the makers at all. To many false promises. I will continue to play game, but lost all faith in gun media illfonic, won't be purchacing any new game made by gunmedia illfonic. Just dont trust them.

• Like 3

We thank you for the clarity regarding the many questions people have. As long as you guys continue to work and push for new content someday in the future with Horror Inc ect, that'll keep some semblance of hope alive. Maybe one day we'll see Uber, maybe.

I was kinda dreading scrolling down to read everything when i saw this, but thankfully there still seems to be a small chance content will continue. I still really want those beta animations implemented, it made the counselors and Jason look more alive and realistic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

No false hope here man! We just need to hope Horror Inc sees how badly we want content back!

Sadly the only way this can move forward is if all parties to the rights in whole and in part come to a final legal written agreement on said rights, and how each part of said rights are used.

37 minutes ago, 40 Minutes to 5:00 said:

Should add a mode where one of the campers is the killer with 2-3x Health.

Opening cutscene somebody finds the unlucky camper from the opening scene from the games in a tub and everyone screams and runs away.
In this mode there is no escape with police, and no maps (not even the mini compass). 
The killer is decided randomly and starts in a random spot.  
3 shot guns per game.
The killer also has a grab kill (Grab kill is decided with each weapon having 4 different executions or a similar Jason environmental kill)

If you kill someone who is not the killer -800xp and your character has a found a dead body reaction but for 2x the amount of time.

If you escape with the killer in the car it counts as getting killed.

Hell I would toss 10 bucks for a DLC update like that.

This is the dumbest suggestion I have read so far. Jason is always the killer PERIOD!

• Haha 2

I'll be the first to say I was not a fan of how this all went down and I don't agree with the way it was handled by Gun. I fully understand the call for stopping content wasn't yours to make and I understand the legal red tape involved.

I'm simply talking about when you guys found the info out, how you handled it from there, and your comments and reactions to the fan outrage over it. I don't agree with how that was handled.

REGARDLESS, I believe in being as fair and as unbiased as possible. And therefore I have to retract my comments about you guys abandoning the game. You guys have shown clear efforts of trying to still support the game and I appreciate that.

I never doubted your love and passion for the game. Only disagreed with how you guys handled some of the missteps throughout. And the way you guys balance the game can be mind boggling at times.

Regardless, I'm glad you're softening your stance on 'potential' future dlc to at least consider getting out the stuff you already worked on if it becomes possible to do so.

Hopefully things do work out and the game finds new life because it really is a fun game.

Here's hoping.

Thank you for trying to keep us in the loop.

I signed up a few minutes ago just to say thank you for the game, and thank you for posting this FAQ. I've been looking forward to playing this game since it was announced as Friday the 13th, and it wasn't until recently that I was able to start playing. I've been having a blast. I hope that Victor Miller and Horror, Inc can work something out soon, and that if/when they do, you guys will at least finish the Uber Jason DLC. I'd love to see the Jasons from the Killer Puzzle game make it into the console game, too, but I know that's very unlikely. I'm just glad that you guys made such a fun game, and I hope that you can somehow add private servers/host servers so that should the worst come to pass and we can't play on the dedicated servers, we can still play with friends. (If that's already a thing, I apologize for not knowing.)

Thanks

14 minutes ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

I was kinda dreading scrolling down to read everything when i saw this, but thankfully there still seems to be a small chance content will continue. I still really want those beta animations implemented, it made the counselors and Jason look more alive and realistic.

Same here, I prefer Early-Alpha and BETA looks amazing than Final release.

• Like 1

fine Halloween and elm street and other franchises will get my money while these grow ass men figure out who is the bigger baby. Hurt the fans sean and victor. I guess there is a way to kill Jason after all! Greed.

• Thanks 1

All the people hating on Gun seem to forget they answer to Horror Inc, everything the do or don't do goes through them. Go away if you think you've figured it all out with your armchair lawyer degree.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

They are essentially changing the narrative here.  With this, it doesnt seem like it is a "dead" game anymore.   There is hope and possibility.  As soon as they announced a flat out response of no new content ever again the first time, the game was labeled as dead.  Now with a softer tone of possibility, they can try to add to/keep the remaining player base for what will be an extremely hard holiday season for them to retain players.  There are about 10 heavy AAA hitters coming in the next 4 months all with different genres to pull players away from F13.  This is a strong and smart move to try to keep players interested.  It's also why they have been doing a lot of contests on Twitter.  

• Thanks 2

They honestly should focus on making and giving Jason a buff and making it easier for players to Block considering the ping issues effects combat stance. I honestly hope they bring balance to the game. It's too easy to kill Jason, too easy for Jason to get bullied and I need a challenge.