I'm brand new to the game having just downloaded it.  So i'm guessing this may have been suggested before but gonna do it anyway. My suggestion would be to allow players to choose to play as killer or counselor whichever they prefer.. Get rid of this random choice thing. I have no real desire to play councelor and don't really like being forced play as one. I'd rather have the choice be mine which i'd rather play.

that is all.

thomas

You can play as "Jason" all day long as many times as you want on offline bots and single player challenges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know that..  Don't want to play against bots all day or forever.  I meant real matches against players.  I'm sure i'm not alone in players being able to choose which they would rather play.  Shouldn't be all that hard to implement. Probably draw in more players too.  

I actually agree with the OP. There's times where I just want to be Jason and not have to sit through a dozen matches as a counselor.

• Like 1

Get a group of friends together and play private matches. The private match host can select who Jason is. That’s the only way to assure you’re Jason every round. 

If they made it where you could be Jason whenever you wanted, how would that work in QP when there’s several others that also want to be Jason?

That is what i'm saying.  If Dead by daylight can do it this one should be able to as well.  I have my preference set to jason and after playing for 6 hours today i didn't get to be jason once..  Considering i would rather play killer chances are i won't invest a whole lot of time in a game where i may get to be jason once a week.  

11 minutes ago, thomasnut said:

That is what i'm saying.  If Dead by daylight can do it this one should be able to as well.  I have my preference set to jason and after playing for 6 hours today i didn't get to be jason once..  Considering i would rather play killer chances are i won't invest a whole lot of time in a game where i may get to be jason once a week.  

There are eight people in a full match in this game... In many matches you can find entire lobbies with Jason preference on. When these people have not played as Jason for longer than you, they will be picked first, considering the ticket system actually works... and from what I have seen in full lobbies of friends where I know how everyone's preference is set, it seems to work as the math would dictate. The game will also drop you from a lobby after a game from time to time and put you in a lobby with entirely different people, who.. chances are, have their preferences set differently than the last lobby... and have a completely different range of people in the lobby that may not have played Jason for even longer than you.
   There will be times that you run into entire lobbies of people with their preference set to counselor... you may think this is a good thing, and it is... but only if you enjoy fighting off the Jason hunters in every single match while no one completes any other objectives.
    You can have long stretches in which you do not play as Jason... and you can also have several games as Jason in a row. It depends on the preference setting of the other players in the lobby vs yours... and for those with preference on Jason, it goes to the player who has not played Jason for the most matches. You are not the only one who like to play as Jason as often as possible... there are many of us, and we all get to play counselors way more than Jason.

I have NEVER had six hours of playing this game (solo in quick play or with varying number of friends with me) without being selected as Jason. Even before the ticket system for selection was introduced... not even close to six hours for that matter. An hour... maybe two hours at the very most.

Also, just so you know... quitting because you are not selected as Jason will NOT get you selected as Jason any quicker... but it will land you in the salt mines.

Dead by Daylight has fewer players per match... which brings odds of preference on killer in your favor... and odds of being selected as the killer are greater for any one person for the simple reason there are less players per match... the odds of you being the only person with preference on the killer are also great for the same reason... there are less players in each match than there are in this game... Learn your math... its the key to the universe. Math can literally be applied to, and used to explain anything.

Welcome to the forums! 

43 minutes ago, thomasnut said:

Friday the 13th isn't Dead by Daylight, (thank god!). The set up for DBD wouldn't apply to Friday.

Like I said in a previous post, if you want to be Jason all the time, play offline, or get a group of friends that don't mind being counselor all the time and play private matches.

Hey guys!

That was the ONLY thing I liked about DBD, other than that what a waste of $$ for me. 

My preference is selected to play as a counselor on QP, if I want to play as Jason I do it offline. 

I haven’t thought of every little detail but here is my thought: people who play QP that prefer to be a counselor should load in the lobby screen with the clock counting down and at least one slot is left open. Once the clock counts down and you go to that loading screen then somebody who prefers to play as Jason gets loaded in. 

This was initially my thought to prevent the lobby from filling with teamers who work with their friend because their friend was selected to be Jason. This thought would work because a random Jason is the only one who can load in last. 

I don't mean to be rude but i really wish people would stop telling me to play offline.  If i wanted to play offline against a bunch of bots with super really bad AI,  (have you seen these bots even on hard mode)?  Then i wouldn't be interested in a multi player game.  Secondly trying to get a bunch of people together all at the same time,  that have lives and schedules isn't an easy thing to do..  Lastly I get everyone have games they prefer over others.  Honestly saying dbd is a waste of money can just as easily be said about this one..   Trust me this game although being very fun has far more flaws in it from the little time i've been playing it.

In fact the many friends i do have all try and talk me out of playing this game.  One of the biggest gripes they have is the very topic of discussion. I however disagree with them and the many and i do mean many bad reviews i get about this game. I streamed it for the entire 5 or 6 hours i played today. I have a pretty good viewer base and lost most of my viewers because they didn't find it enjoyable to watch.   HoweverI find it very enjoyable and fun to play and disagree with their assessment.  I do agree with them in one major thing.

I don't think it's all that difficult to implement a game feature that allows players to choose what they would rather play in any game mode.  Think about it why on earth would anyone want to play a game where if they play all day and their preferred choice is killer and they don't once get to play it the entire time they are playing. 

I get the fact you can set your preference to killer or survivor..  Doesn't do much good if you are in a lobby and 5 out of the 7 people all have their preference set as killer.  As a very expeirenced gamer i bet my bottom dollar this game would draw far more players if you could actually choose with you can play.  There is a reason Dbd has far more players and people streaming it than this one.

With that said this is a suggestion form and i put in my suggestion.  I really don't need people telling me the obvious that i can play offline.  I also don't want to be negative or unfair comparing one game to the other but if the formula works,  it works..  Let people choose what they would actually prefer to play without having to hours and hours without getting to do so.  

I don't really  need to say anymore on the subject.  My suggestion was for the dev's and they will either listen to their community or they won't.

Have a nice day.

thomas

• Like 1

Is it me, or is there a lot of new people making suggestions to change Friday’s gameplay to that of DBD’s?

If you’re so unhappy with the mechanics of this game, go back to DBD, that simple.

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Is it me, or is there a lot of new people making suggestions to change Friday’s gameplay to that of DBD’s?

If you’re so unhappy with the mechanics of this game, go back to DBD, that simple.

Its not you. There has always been people suggesting this kind of thing... there has just been a slight uptick in it lately. Last week, there was a new guy trying to explain how its too hard to stun Jason and it need to be buffed so he can be stunned even more. That one was even funnier than this one.

@thomasnut You really do not need to say any more. From that last post you wrote, I can tell you either did not read the reasons I posted above... or did not understand the reasons. I cannot put it any simpler than that and still have anyone be able to understand it... there is more than one point involved in the problem of selection. The math involved is not difficult at all, it doesn't even go into double digits... and there is math involved whether people like it or not... in everything.
   Remember, its not all about you... there are other people that want to play Jason as well... and if you want to play Jason against actual people, you will be stuck playing counselors way more often like the rest of us are.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 7:17 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Get a group of friends together and play private matches. The private match host can select who Jason is. That’s the only way to assure you’re Jason every round. 

If they made it where you could be Jason whenever you wanted, how would that work in QP when there’s several others that also want to be Jason?

Don't forget to mention that they should host the private match themselves, so they can be Jason every round if they choose. With the circle I run with, if one of us wants to hone our Jason skills, the rest of us will oblige.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:37 PM, thomasnut said:

Being selected as Jason is totally random. Some days you get to be Jason more than others. It's a matter of luck.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:18 PM, thomasnut said:

I don't think it's all that difficult to implement a game feature that allows players to choose what they would rather play in any game mode.  Think about it why on earth would anyone want to play a game where if they play all day and their preferred choice is killer and they don't once get to play it the entire time they are playing.

This is a 7 vs 1 game. That means 7 people have to be a counselor, and 1 person has to be Jason. A lot of players want to be Jason. We all can't be Jason when we want to, unless we play a Private Match with 7 people that don't mind being a counselor every round.

On 10/18/2018 at 11:36 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Im cool with the current system. 

I'm cool with it too. It's not like it could be changed if we weren't cool with it.

3 minutes ago, Jaxadin said:

Isn't there a spawn preference or am I too late to respond to this..?

There is a spawn preference, but if everyone has their preference set to Jason, you will have to wait your turn to be Jason.

My spawn preference is on counselor, I'd rather be counselor then Jason cause i'm not the best at it.

You can’t choose to always be Jason. If everybody always had the choice to be Jason then there would always be multiple Jasons in every match. It wouldn’t work. There can be only one. It is impossible unless you form your own lobby and make sure that all of the other players have their preferences set to counselor. 

The current system is a FAILURE

Proof is that every match...EVERY match has 1 or 2 drop outs after they're not picked as Jason...and me too

Like I have stated before...the IQ/Experience/ect level of counselors who play now is WAY TO LOW

A beginning Jason can get 8/8 kills easily now

The few veteran counselors who do play...MOST would rather be Jason

I see more veteran players leaving after not being picked as Jason...then ever before

This game should absolutely have a better matchmaking system...it's a lazy design

I take polls in my lobbies and almost ALL the people have set their preference to Jason!!!!!!

Meaning.....

IT'S FUNNER TO BE JASON...so FIX YOUR DAMN GAME TO MAKE IT FUNNER TO BE A COUNSELOR

44 minutes ago, Purience said:

Proof is that every match...EVERY match has 1 or 2 drop outs after they're not picked as Jason...and me too

Like I have stated before...the IQ/Experience/ect level of counselors who play now is WAY TO LOW

A beginning Jason can get 8/8 kills easily now

The few veteran counselors who do play...MOST would rather be Jason

I see more veteran players leaving after not being picked as Jason...then ever before

This game should absolutely have a better matchmaking system...it's a lazy design

I take polls in my lobbies and almost ALL the people have set their preference to Jason!!!!!!

Meaning.....

IT'S FUNNER TO BE JASON...so FIX YOUR DAMN GAME TO MAKE IT FUNNER TO BE A COUNSELOR

How long have you been playing? I take it not for very long, because playing as Jason against seasoned vets FUCKING SUCKS. 

You have to have your preference set to Jason if you want to have any hope at all to play as him. I do, just not every round. 

1 hour ago, Purience said:

So what do you suggest then? Let everyone be Jason? Have 8 Jason characters walking around for twenty minutes? That’s all you would do, since obviously no one wants to be a counselor. 

The dynamic of this game works. If you are unhappy with the way the game plays, quit playing it. If you want to be the killer every match, go play DBD. This is Friday the 13th, it’s not set up like DBD (thank god!)and it never will be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

How long have you been playing? I take it not for very long, because playing as Jason against seasoned vets FUCKING SUCKS. 

You have to have your preference set to Jason if you want to have any hope at all to play as him. I do, just not every round. 

I've been playing since day 1 jackass

8 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

So what do you suggest then? Let everyone be Jason? Have 8 Jason characters walking around for twenty minutes? That’s all you would do, since obviously no one wants to be a counselor. 

The dynamic of this game works. If you are unhappy with the way the game plays, quit playing it. If you want to be the killer every match, go play DBD. This is Friday the 13th, it’s not set up like DBD (thank god!)and it never will be. 

I already suggested to make being a counselor MORE FUN...open your fkn ears