Its been taking me forever to find a game in the lobby's. I found out about being in salt mines after leaving so many games. It is one of the stupidest things I ever heard of. I mean in theory it could work if they would enforce people teaming up or telling Jason where other counselors are but since you cant enforce that then the salt mines should be removed. I leave game not because of being "salty". I leave because of the toxic community of cheaters and people grouping to team with Jason and eliminate non "friends". I love the game and it can be really fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The salt mines were not made to get rid of teamers and cheaters. They were made to punish people who quit and left the match while it was still in progress. Primarily host quitters back before dedicated servers that would cause everyone to be booted and Jason's that would rage quit and stop the match.

If you want out of the salt mines, stop quitting. 

You have to enforce both sides. Letting people cheat and team up but force others to take part of not right. People leave because of cheaters and team ups so they have a RIGHT to leave without punishment. So it was basically made to serve others up to this abuse of the game. Basically its like punishing a victim more while defending the bully. If they want to police the game then you need to police both sides of the coin. I don't want to leave but Im not going to take this nonsense of team ups.

• Like 1

Suicide then leave. It’s terrible and I have been in a handful matches with the teamers each night I play. But I know salt mines are there so I just suicide so I can quit or I try to run objectives and get out as quick as possible. I don’t think salt mines are needed anymore.

13 minutes ago, chewie1974 said:

You have to enforce both sides. Letting people cheat and team up but force others to take part of not right. People leave because of cheaters and team ups so they have a RIGHT to leave without punishment. So it was basically made to serve others up to this abuse of the game. Basically its like punishing a victim more while defending the bully. If they want to police the game then you need to police both sides of the coin. I don't want to leave but Im not going to take this nonsense of team ups.

Before the salt mines... a great number of people would quit the game when cornered by Jason... as soon as they went into a wounded state near Jason and had no med spray... right after Jason grabs them... during the kill animation.... and so on. For the most part, the salt mines has solved this problem... it is now rare to see people quitting in these situations. Unless of course, they are new... and salty... and don't yet know about the salt mines.... From what I have seen, the salt mine are working just fine.
    People leaving for the above reasons (or other reasons I did not think to list) made for a rather annoying game. Players on consoles were at the mercy of the host before dedicated servers were implemented not so long ago... Before the servers went live, if the host quit... the match ended. And a great many hosts quit for the above reasons... or simply because they were killed and had no desire to actually allow the other players still in the match to complete their game. This was, as you can imagine... very frustrating for these players.

As to enforcing teamers... unless they actually are dumb enough to admit they are teaming with Jason while you (or someone else) is recording, you cannot prove they were teaming. I have seen a great many people call out "teamer!" or "hacker!" with literally no reason behind it other than the fact they do not understand how the game works, Jason found them and they died. We can imagine the number of reports they had to sift through that had no actual teamers in them are were just issued by people that were sure the others were teaming for the simple reason that Jason found and killed them (being sure does not make one correct)... which is not hard to do when playing Jason and you know how to do it. Just imagine for one moment how much time this wasted (and time is money, the people looking at these reports need to be paid) by reports sent in that had no hacking... and no actual teaming, or at least no real proof of it. And people wonder why teaming is not a ban worthy offence anymore.
   Everyone dies fairly often in this game... and most of these deaths are not due to "teamers." Even the best of us die in this game fairly often... and even the best counselor players can still die first in a match in which no one was teaming with Jason.
    You have the right to leave whenever you want... no one is stopping you. If you wait until after you die (or escape) and are now in the afterlife club, you can leave the game with no penalty. If you think players are teaming... play with another lobby of people.

• Like 1

After the dedicated servers, came to consoles, do they still exist? Meaning the salt mines?

6 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

After the dedicated servers, came to consoles, do they still exist?

It would seem so.

Plenty of people still quit, even back when host was still a thing. The salt mines are pointless if nothing else. They also assist cheaters/teamers. It was an idea that was good in theory, not in practice.

Had to leave a game twice today already. Twice in two different games, some idiots takes the car and runs everyone over. Where is his punishment? End the salt mines so people can leave in piece. Has nothing to do with salty. Just not tolerating this. Even the guy playing Jason was mad as he killed 2 people but the guy in the car killed everyone else. This kind of behavior is not once anwhile. it ruins the game far more than some random people leaving over Jason killing them.

39 minutes ago, chewie1974 said:

Had to leave a game twice today already. Twice in two different games, some idiots takes the car and runs everyone over. Where is his punishment? End the salt mines so people can leave in piece. Has nothing to do with salty. Just not tolerating this. Even the guy playing Jason was mad as he killed 2 people but the guy in the car killed everyone else. This kind of behavior is not once anwhile. it ruins the game far more than some random people leaving over Jason killing them.

Actually, you did not have to leave... that is a choice. "Where is punishment?".... Where is your proof? Personally, I am all for banning people IF you could prove the offence  WITHOUT question.
    If the Jason player was mad because someone ran over a bunch of people.... that is NOT teaming with Jason... is it? That would be some troll in a car that thinks its funny to run people over... which is completely different... simply because he was obviously not teaming with Jason.
    Running people over is not under bannable offences for a couple of simple reasons... It happens often by accident and people scream for a ban... accidents should not be bannable, ever!…. Trolls will stand in front of the car to try and force you to stop... sometimes demanding a seat in the car when it is full... sometimes stopping the car to make it easy for Jason, and these types of players deserve to be run over without having to worry about being banned... and they will still threaten to report you... Also, proving they are doing this stuff on purpose can be difficult without them outright admitting it in game while you are recording the match... and no one should be banned without proper proof... Your opinion, my opinion are irrelevant without proper proof. Because someone was run over is not proof of any ill intent on the part of the driver.

The salt mines did a lot to help with one problem... people quitting while in game. It has severely curved this problem and is working just fine for what it was intended. If you want to leave and not end up in the salt mines, then let them kill you or suicide by trap or broken window or jumping out of a high window when wounded. You can leave without penalty after you are dead and in the afterlife club. Just a small amount of patience will solve your problem without bringing back the problem of a great many players quitting mid game and screwing over everyone that is left in the match.
    Also, keep a list of these player's names for your own use. When you see them in the quick play lobby before a match starts... leave and find another lobby. I have seen this mentioned a few times as others actually do this. I have a really good memory and don't bother with a list myself... I have run into my fair share of assholes in quick play. It is amazing how many of them do not bother changing their gamer tags even when it is quite easy to do... on steam at least.
    Truly, the best way to avoid trolls of any type is to just make a bunch of friends that enjoy playing without trolls. The more people you can get into a lobby with, the less chance you will run into this kind of crap.

You may say this is not a rare problem... and everyone's experience is different as we play with different people often. However, in my experience... and I still play fairly often... teaming is a rarity. Trolls running people over is just as rare in my experience. I am with you on the fact this is annoying... but far more games were screwed up with all of the people quitting during a match for any reason. You would be shocked at how often this happened before the salt mines were introduced... which is exactly why it was created.
    What is not rare is people calling "teamer!" with either little or no reason behind it. This I see all the time.
    Sorry if some of this seems a bit repetitive considering my post above... but you do not sound like you understood it if you did read it. And many people complaining about the salt mines early on after they were introduced, well... I recognized some names of people with complaints similar to yours and using the same reasoning (played with some of them in game)... and it was their behavior it was meant to curtail. So of course they would complain about it.

Being on ps4 I still see lot of people leaving while getting killed or just after.  I don't see what dedicated servers have done other then make Jason the host. because if Jason leave game is over.

But if people quite early too many times gets them marked to only be paired with other early quitters that's good.

I do have a question @Ahab  if your killed and now spectating the rest of the game, do you get marked for the saltmines if you quite or do you just lose the compilation bonus exp?

@lostshadowz, if you leave the game after you are killed or escaped and are in spectator mode, you will not get penalized for leaving the game. 

Also, Jason leaving the game and ending the match for everyone was a thing before dedicated servers. There’s no point for the match to continue if the main character of the game leaves. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lostshadowz said:

Being on ps4 I still see lot of people leaving while getting killed or just after.  I don't see what dedicated servers have done other then make Jason the host. because if Jason leave game is over.

But if people quite early too many times gets them marked to only be paired with other early quitters that's good.

I do have a question @Ahab  if your killed and now spectating the rest of the game, do you get marked for the saltmines if you quite or do you just lose the compilation bonus exp?

When Jason leaves in any game, the game will end. No Jason, no game... he gets salt. I think this gets the most salt because it ends the game for everyone.
   Quitting any time before joining the afterlife club (where you can spectate and talk to the other dead people, or those who have escaped) will get you salt, but not as much as for Jason leaving the game... he is not necessarily the host... but he ended the game early for everyone. The only player you can call a host on dedicated servers would be the player that chooses the map... but he will not end the game if he leaves unless he is Jason in the match.
   As I stated above already... once you are spectating (in the afterlife club)… you will not gain salt for leaving.

The devs did not tell us every detail about how the salt mines work to make it harder for trolls to exploit it... but you can read a bit more in the thread "welcome to the salt mines" which is under the section... "About Friday the 13th: the Game"... is has been around for a while now and is at the top of page two in that section.... every time I post a link for something in these forums it comes up as unuseable for some reason... but you should not have a hard time finding it.

• Thanks 1