Sign in to follow this  
Redrum138

How about giving Jason a look behind button like counselors?

Look behind button for Jason too?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Counselors can do it, wouldn't it be fair to give it to Jason too?

• Yes
    • No

So, I think it should have been included in Jason's toolbox. Since the counselors have it, it's in the game right? Why not throw the big man a bone? Imagine if you could watch your back as Jason like you do when you're a counselor... What do you all think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you. Will it change...we can only hope. A lot of things need fixed...time will tell. 

• Like 2

Yes, it would be very helpful. I've numerous times where a group of counselors have snuck up behind me and stunned me all because i was chasing someone else and unable to look to see if i was being followed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Why not, it's not the only thing i want added. Have you never though to be able to radio repairable.

I don't quite understand what you mean here, can you elaborate? What do you mean by "radio repairable"?

Sure. 

Not exactly top priority, but im with it. Currently if i have a pesky councilor following me trying to a cheap shot in...i turn the camera facing me,  run forward pretending i dont see him, and do a quick 180 grab . Its a chore doing it so a look behind button would be way more efficient 

7 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I don't quite understand what you mean here, can you elaborate? What do you mean by "radio repairable"?

Radio can be repair simple as that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Sure. 

Not exactly top priority, but im with it. Currently if i have a pesky councilor following me trying to a cheap shot in...i turn the camera facing me,  run forward pretending i dont see him, and do a quick 180 grab . Its a chore doing it so a look behind button would be way more efficient 

This! I do this too, but I hate when you turn the camera you stop fast walk/running. And as a counselor, knowing that. If I'm behind him, and see him stop running for a moment I'll stop advancing. Even when he starts running forward again, I have a pretty good idea that he's watching me. It's a disadvantage for Jason, IMO.

@Redrum138 I think its a good idea. Not sure how it works on a controller, but with keyboard and mouse it is 'r' for a counselor to look behind them. I would have to remap my controls for Jason to lay a trap if this was implemented... I like to keep controls that have the same function for multiple characters in the same place. But my remapped controls have always reset every time I started a new game... so I gave up on that for now... Who knew?
    It would stop me from sneaking up behind Jason and whacking him on the noggin when he least expects it though... I would miss that if it was gone... Just kidding, I wouldn't miss it at all... A rear view mirror for all!
    Perhaps on the top right in the corner of the counselor's rear view they should have a warning: "Caution... Jasons in mirror may be closer than they appear."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@Redrum138 I think its a good idea. Not sure how it works on a controller, but with keyboard and mouse it is 'r' for a counselor to look behind them. I would have to remap my controls for Jason to lay a trap if this was implemented... I like to keep controls that have the same function for multiple characters in the same place. But my remapped controls have always reset every time I started a new game... so I gave up on that for now... Who knew?
    It would stop me from sneaking up behind Jason and whacking him on the noggin when he least expects it though... I would miss that if it was gone... Just kidding, I wouldn't miss it at all... A rear view mirror for all!
    Perhaps on the top right in the corner of the counselor's rear view they should have a warning: "Caution... Jasons in mirror may be closer than they appear."

The left and right arrows on the Dpad are unused on console. I think one could be used for that. I'd love to see the other used for a quick block rather then still using combat stance first. Probably a pipe dream but one can hope.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

No doubt! I love smacking Jason from behind while he's breaking in a door, it's quite a disadvantage for him. Easy free hit for me, maybe a demask if I have a strong counselor. Now, when I'm Jason I rotate the camera to view behind me. But, many J players don't. I think a look behind button would really help, in many ways other than that particular scenario.

30 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

The left and right arrows on the Dpad are unused on console. I think one could be used for that. I'd love to see the other used for a quick block rather then still using combat stance first. Probably a pipe dream but one can hope.

This is my thought as well, left for look behind. Right for block outside of CS, but still keeping block the same in CS.

17 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

No doubt! I love smacking Jason from behind while he's breaking in a door, it's quite a disadvantage for him. Easy free hit for me, maybe a demask if I have a strong counselor. Now, when I'm Jason I rotate the camera to view behind me. But, many J players don't. I think a look behind button would really help, in many ways other than that particular scenario.

I also turn the camera to look behind Jason quite a bit... I have had a great many players come up from behind when I am not paying attention. Unless you are in combat stance and smashing the door though, just being stuck in that animation until he relaxes after a swing is usually enough time for someone to get in a free hit. It can be a big disadvantage indeed.

@thrawn3054 There is always hope... but I know the game pads are quite limited with the number of buttons and only so much can be done with them. I play on PC and don't use a controller, I am just used to keyboard and mouse... and most games I play have way too many controls to even consider a game pad for them.
    I did have a pipe dream once, but there was too much smoke coming out of it.

• Like 1

If counselors can have eyes in the back of their head, why can't Jason?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

If counselors can have eyes in the back of their head, why can't Jason?

The ultimate question!....I could be wrong, but I think the answer might be "42." 

But seriously... although I am not against this as an option... I saw this question and tried to think of a legitimate answer (I like to look at all sides of anything... hard to understand the whole view otherwise)… Could this be considered a buff to Jason's sense? Perhaps, if this option is implemented... Jason's sense should not work in his "rear view." But should it cancel an active sense if the rear view button is pressed or no?
  Just a thought that perhaps should be considered here.
  Although Jason would still have to rotate his camera with sense on to see anyone to his left and right... there are those that may consider this an unfair buff when Jason's sense is considered.
  I am not sure this would be a buff when considering sense though. Sure he could sense anyone in forward view normally, but the rear view (for counselors at least) is a much more limited view than their regular forward view... so I think... to answer my own question... it probably would not be a buff at all. If Jason does not rotate his camera while sense is active he can't get the whole picture anyway and using sense in conjunction with this would actually make it take longer to get the 360 degree view... even if it is only a second or two longer, it would still be longer.

So... in trying to answer your question of "why can't Jason?"... I think I just debunked the only problem I could see with him having it... Unless someone else can think of a legitimate reason why he should not. 

As @thrawn3054 pointed out above... there are unused buttons on the controller for this game that are just begging for an option to put them to use. Also, as thrawn pointed out, this would leave yet one more button for a quick block. This is sorely needed and could be utilized by both counselors and by Jason.
    Keyboard and mouse users like myself have a great many choices to remap buttons... but controls still need to be limited for the gamepad thingy to be effective in this game.

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Although Jason would still have to rotate his camera with sense on to see anyone to his left and right... there are those that may consider this an unfair buff when Jason's sense is considered.
  I am not sure this would be a buff when considering sense though. Sure he could sense anyone in forward view normally, but the rear view (for counselors at least) is a much more limited view than their regular forward view... so I think... to answer my own question... it probably would not be a buff at all. If Jason does not rotate his camera while sense is active he can't get the whole picture anyway and using sense in conjunction with this would actually make it take longer to get the 360 degree view... even if it is only a second or two longer, it would still be longer.

I would be ok if Sense wasn't included in rear view. But one should be able to physically see counselors that are standing within 10 feet of Jason.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I would be ok if Sense wasn't included in rear view. But one should be able to physically see counselors that are standing within 10 feet of Jason.

Since they darkened the screen in the engine upgrade to make the game "scary" again... I couldn't see my axe in front of my face after smashing all the power boxes. So I tried my machete, but it wasn't shiny enough. I turned my brightness up so it looked more like it was before it was darkened. Now I can see the counselors quite far away again... but only if there is nothing in the way and they are moving... or they have their flashlight on.
   Without sense on a rear view for Jason he should be able to see just as well as his forward view... with the same size difference in the two views that the counselors have (just to be fair) Depending on the light level in game, brightness in their settings... we should be able to see them even further away than ten feet... that is pretty close after all. And for those of us whose vision is based on movement... we can see them fine if they are moving either way.

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Since they darkened the screen in the engine upgrade to make the game "scary" again... I couldn't see my axe in front of my face after smashing all the power boxes. So I tried my machete, but it wasn't shiny enough. I turned my brightness up so it looked more like it was before it was darkened. Now I can see the counselors quite far away again... but only if there is nothing in the way and they are moving... or they have their flashlight on.
   Without sense on a rear view for Jason he should be able to see just as well as his forward view... with the same size difference in the two views that the counselors have (just to be fair) Depending on the light level in game, brightness in their settings... we should be able to see them even further away than ten feet... that is pretty close after all. And for those of us whose vision is based on movement... we can see them fine if they are moving either way.

That would kinda fun. Sneak up on Jason with your flashlight off, and stun him before he could react. This is, once stun is fixed properly.

I would like if when pressing the "look behind" button it would cancel senses. By keeping senses I think it would be a buff to Jason, he should still have to rotate the camera to see 360 in sense. It would keep it a wash between Jason and the counselors, no advantage either way. As well as Jason shouldn't be able to target from the look behind button, he would still have to turn around to target with a TK, slash, or grab.

19 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I would like if when pressing the "look behind" button it would cancel senses. By keeping senses I think it would be a buff to Jason, he should still have to rotate the camera to see 360 in sense. It would keep it a wash between Jason and the counselors, no advantage either way. As well as Jason shouldn't be able to target from the look behind button, he would still have to turn around to target with a TK, slash, or grab.

Jason can... at least last time I tried... turn Jason's camera around to see a counselor coming up behind him and center this counselor where the crosshairs would be and do a quick throw. It does also turn Jason to face in that direction when you do this. I have got many a jump scare with that in the past, but have not tried it for a while so I don't know if they removed that one or not. I learned about that from reading it on these very forums a while back... but I could not tell you who mentioned it or what thread it was in. I may have to try that tonight, just to see if it is still possible. It is harder to make an accurate quick throw this way... at least for me it is.
   I did not think of targeting with the rear view button at all. But wouldn't that be a way to change targets in combat stance... we do need some way to change targets in combat stance... but I think a target selection button would work much better.
   I think I have to agree that if Jason was given a rear view option, it should cancel sense. Counselors may glow in his eyes... but not in the rear view mirror.

@Fair Play Sometimes you can leave your flashlight on and sneak up behind him. It depends on the Jason player at the time. But if the stun chance where reduced, it would be a good idea to keep the flashlight off and bravely run away after the hit. That flashlight is a dead giveaway that something is amiss. 

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Sometimes you can leave your flashlight on and sneak up behind him. It depends on the Jason player at the time. But if the stun chance where reduced, it would be a good idea to keep the flashlight off and bravely run away after the hit. That flashlight is a dead giveaway that something is amiss. 

It would be interesting if stun was fixed. I wouldn't be opposed to a hit and run in the dark.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It would be interesting if stun was fixed. I wouldn't be opposed to a hit and run in the dark.

A surprise attack on Jason.. out in the open.. while he is trying to kill a team mate... and then running away giggling... Priceless!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

A surprise attack on Jason.. out in the open.. while he is trying to kill a team mate... and then running away giggling... Priceless!

The best would be Lachappa, Jason could hear his squealing voice say. "Fuck you!" Lol!

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2018 at 1:27 AM, Ahab said:

That would be golden video footage for sure.

• Like 1