Sign in to follow this  
thallius

Overpowered and Underpowered

Would you like to see these changes?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these changes?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • I would like to see these changes and others.
    • I would like to see other changes but not these.

Overpowered

• Jason Teleporting movement
  • Jason One grab kill 
  • Jason being able to camp the car (kind of ok with this but something could be worked on to maybe give incentive to walk away from the car after hitting it. 
  • Jason "Red Vision" seeing players all over the map ability.

Underpowered

• The amount of time Jason is stunned by counselors
  • Counselors stamina
  • not having a map start of game   

Jason teleporting cool down is the issue I have with the ability. Him teleporting is fine but the ability should not be allowed to be spammed so frequently.

Jasons One grab kill once again is fine but it should have a MASSIVE cool down, I think that 3 to 4 times a match being able to use it would be fine but even that feels like its pushing it. 

Jason "Red Vision" the killer being able to see all players on the map should not be in this game. If it is kept it should have a MASSIVE cool down like used 3 times max in the game. They can already see counselors when they are running so... they already know where the counselors are. 

Jason being able to camp the car is not something that I am too worried about if the other issues are fixed.

The amount of time Jason is stunned by a counselor maybe should be buffed depending weapon to weapon like a lead pipe could stun longer than a piece of wood.

The counselors stamina needs to either refill faster or have a much longer stamina bar. (The refilling of the stamina bar being faster is the one that i would think would work better.)

A map to start the game I believe would be a good addition to the game because players would have access to knowing the area quicker and finding teammates.( if not a map when spawning add more maps in the game so players have the ability to find one with ease.

TLDR

The game feels broken I think that Jasons abilities could use some reworking and I believe that the counselors abilities could use some buffs.  

21 minutes ago, thallius said:

Overpowered

Jasons One grab kill once again is fine but it should have a MASSIVE cool down, I think that 3 to 4 times a match being able to use it would be fine but even that feels like its pushing it. 

Grabs don't need a cool down. That would ruin the game.. 

Pocket knives and other counsellors can infinitely free you IF you get grabbed.

2 hours ago, thallius said:

The game feels broken I think that Jasons abilities could use some reworking and I believe that the counselors abilities could use some buffs.  

Welcome to the forums. Here are some links that might help you with some of the things you are having trouble with.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/7683-tips-for-those-of-you-who-are-having-trouble/

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10596-the-playbook-techniques-and-strategies/

There's a lot of good reading in these two topics.

5 hours ago, thallius said:

First off, welcome to the forums, you must be a new player. 

The only thing “broken” in this game is the fact that they listened to people that wanted counselors “buffed” because Jason was to OP. So now we have stun trains on Jason and dance parties. 

Keep playing the game, get experience in combat against Jason. After a little time, you will be able to hang with Jason to some extent. 

As for a map to start the game, roll perks until you get “preparedness.” That perk lets you start off each match with a map. 

• Like 2

@thallius  Jason's teleport... or morph as it is called in game for some reason... is the only thing that gives him even a small chance of stopping a moving vehicle. Part 2 Jason is the only +morph Jason I think... and is the only one who can possibly get a second chance to stop a vehicle that is actually trying to escape... but without his shift active, he will not catch a car driven by a competent driver... as for stopping the boat, if you can keep Jason behind you, he cannot catch you unless it is a +water speed Jason. This can lead to some merry chasses around the lake with Part 2 Jason, which make a great distraction for the rest of the players to get things done and escape.
   There would also be no point in warnings from repair mistakes... or mommy's warning when they come for the sweater if he did not have a chance to teleport... more of a cooldown on morph would destroy map control for even the best Jason players.

Garb already has a cooldown that is unnecessary... Jason has to wait for the animation to complete before he can do anything. Back when people could "spam" grab, Jason could still miss the grab quite often as counselors could just circle him right in his face and not get grabbed. The people that complained about "grab spamming" are probably the same people that complain about the "slasher" that "slashes."

If Jason wants to "camp" anything, he has every right to do so... but if he does, it will cost him. Every other objective will get completed if he stays in one place and cost him a great many escapes.... "Camping" is a choice... sometimes it can be the right choice, sometimes it can be a bad choice... depending on the situation. But a good choice for Jason is generally a bad thing for counselors... this works the other way around too.

Jason's sense is pretty limited in range actually... until he is in rage mode. The bat happy Jason bullies that put him into rage 5 minutes into the match can really screw over everyone that is left behind after Jason slashes them all to death... but sense is fine as it is. The stalk ability would actually be totally redundant without the use of sense as it is now.

The piñata Jason issue has been around for a long time now and is pretty ridiculous... hopefully something is done about it. The only people who do not see this as a problem are the people doing it to Jason for a laugh.

Counselor stamina is fairly realistic. Some people are just in better shape than others, and no one can run (or even jog) forever. The only thing I don't like about it is the amount of stamina a counselor receives when they strike Jason... this never made sense to me, but it is what it is. Some people think it is a realistic portrayal of an adrenaline rush, but... an adrenaline rush wears off pretty quickly and will leave a person VERY drained and pretty far from top form. I did always think that the walking speed is more than a bit slow though.

You don't need a map at the start of the game, they are everywhere... I find so many maps in each match it is not funny, Unless I am using the preparedness perk (and I usually do use it on every counselor) which allows you to start a match with a map (and some fear resistance), when I use this perk it seems that I find far fewer maps than when I do not use this perk... or maybe it just seems that way... but at that point it does not matter, I already have a map anyway.

Counselors need no buffs. A good group of counselors can actually get both cars moving and escape with all but one counselor before Jason has his first shift ability active... A good group of counselors can actually keep stunning Jason over and over and over and over... and with each stun comes a free, indefensible hit towards demasking the big guy. Which is exactly why it is so easy to kill Jason... and the piñata Jason issue needs to be dealt with.

And.... Welcome to the forums!.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@thallius

The piñata Jason issue has been around for a long time now and is pretty ridiculous... hopefully something is done about it. The only people who do not see this as a problem are the people doing it to Jason for a laugh.

He actually wants to BUFF the stuns...lol

Basically turning Jason into an even bigger Pinata by nerfing Jason and Buff Counselors.

48 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

He actually wants to BUFF the stuns...lol

Basically turning Jason into an even bigger Pinata by nerfing Jason and Buff Counselors.

Yup... I thought it was as ridiculous as you do that he had that in underpowered... almost as ridiculous that he thinks that pipe is made out of lead. ABS pipes are now, and has been for a long time, pretty damned fragile and if it was made out of lead... we would all be dying of lead poisoning.

@Ahab @HuDawg @Dragonfire82877 Yes I am new to the game and the forums. I still (as of this moment) stand by the changes I believe should be implemented, but yes there is a possibility that I need to play some more. I will take some time to try more of the game out and see what I can work on to help myself learn more. I am sure though that there are changes needed on each side of the game.

PS. Love that players are actually using the forums. You don't always see that on older games.

23 minutes ago, thallius said:

I am sure though that there are changes needed on each side of the game.

There are some changes that need to be made on both sides. Play a bit more, and take notice of some of the things addressed by some of the forum members here.

@thallius As you continue to play... and learn more about the game... and become better at the game... your opinions will change about what is overpowered and underpowered. This game may seem simple on the surface, but it is more complex than one might think. Opinions of players as to what is overpowered and underpowered are different for players that do not play Jason at all... and for those who play both counselors and Jason... and from player to player for both of these groups, each person's opinion can, and sometimes does... differ. Though on some points, many are in agreement due to a similar level of knowledge and understanding on these points of agreement... and a dash of common sense.
   You cannot play only Jason in this game unless you are only playing single player, which is a completely different experience, so there would be no sub-group of Jason only players to consider.

If we listened to opinions of what is overpowered and underpowered by people who only play one side of the game, the other side would not be worth playing. If we listened to the opinions of people that have minimal knowledge of the subject at hand... the end result would be disastrous. Unbiased opinions of people that have experience and knowledge of the subject at hand and are willing to learn more is the way to go... these opinions are easy to recognize with enough experience and knowledge of the subject at hand... without the experience and knowledge of the subject, it is guesswork at best... and guesswork rarely works out well for anyone, particularly for those without the experience and knowledge.

Also, and this applies to this game as well as EVERYTHING else... A valid opinion requires as much knowledge as possible concerning what an individual has an opinion about. An opinion that is not valid should be tossed aside as it is worthless due to it being invalid. Everyone may have a right to an opinion... but unless they take the time to learn about something, their opinions are worthless.
   Non of us know every detail about anything that there is to know. Some of us know more than others... some of us know less than others... some of us think learning anything is disgusting... and some of us enjoy learning new things as often as possible... But all of us can learn something from everyone else. As long as we are alive... life is a constant state of learning... if people chose to learn.
   The less knowledge an individual has on ANY subject takes away from the validity of their opinion by an order of magnitude comparable to their level of knowledge on the subject. The same thing works the other way around... The more someone know about a subject, the more valid their opinion becomes... also by an order of magnitude comparable to their level of knowledge on the subject.
   But we are all just human... and non of us are perfect. If you have made it this far into this post... do you still think your suggestions should be implemented?

This is something I have learned through my own experiences... I wonder if anyone will make it this far into this post... If you have been a persistent enough of a reader... can you answer this one?
   People that have a good working knowledge of a thing will have a different opinion than people with a master's level of knowledge concerning the same thing. The apprentice learns from the master... but the apprentice's experiences are different and he can (and often does) learn things the master does not know yet... So the master can learn from the apprentice as well. Yet people with no knowledge of the subject at hand will still have an opinion. Just with these three levels of knowledge on any one subject... and considering that non of them know everything about the subject in question... who would it be wisest to listen to?
   The answer is not as simple as you may think.

I think I need a beer now.

You try to tell people some stuff. 

This isnt Dead by Daylight this is Friday the 13th. If you want four possible chances to escape like in Dead by Daylight that isn't going to happen. When Jason gets you..........your dead if you don't have a pocket knife. The friday players like it that way. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

You try to tell people some stuff. 

This isnt Dead by Daylight this is Friday the 13th. If you want four possible chances to escape like in Dead by Daylight that isn't going to happen. When Jason gets you..........your dead if you don't have a pocket knife. The friday players like it that way. 

This is a harsh way to put it but at the heart of the matter you’re right #6.

@thallius

To the OP, Friday has a different style of chase and what constitutes good team work is different too. As far as the chases go, you have not get caught, even a PK only delays the inevitable. Jason can be stunned to get stamina, shifts can be dodged but you need to know how and more importantly when. Two people can make Jason’s grab an almost negligible factor in any confrontation, team up with another Counselor, and use a mic, if you need to. Your primary goal in Friday is to run, when the chase is easier then take the time to read up on how to fight. If anything Jason is severely underpowered at the moment.

Team work in Friday is based around completing objectives not unhooking players. I don’t know if you are a Dbd player but your suggestions do read like someone familiar with that games style. Try seeing Friday as a more complicated game Dbd is checkers, Friday is chess. Your interest in maps gives me hope for you, try and find a Counselor that suits how you want to play the game, each one plays differently and perks can make a difference.

Try using the Preparedness Perk, it lowers your fear and starts you with a map. Try to see the map a a series of routes that you’re comfortable navigating, rotate through cabins based on where the other Counselor are and remember, Jason can only be in one place. There are multiple objectives, if Jason camps complete another. 

Try either Thick Skin or Medic as well, I prefer Thick Skin as I feel fragile without it but Medic can let you heal a teammate so it has its own value. If you run both you’re following the meta, as they are the two most powerful perks in the game. 

One last piece of advice, learn to just be still. Your stamina is the only thing giving you the time to get away, if you climb in a window, move a little away so he can’t hit you and just watch him, if he doesn’t break it and has to go all the way to the door you can loop him. Just pop back out the same window, if you think he’s the type to throw a knife stand just out of view but still use your camera to watch him. 

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

• Like 1

No to everything except maybe the map. Jason is slow (similar to the films) so he needs the teleportation to move about the camp (plus, like the films it allows him to appear out of no where, logic be damned!) "One kill grabs" also keep the game intense and in the vein of the movies (many characters die suddenly and violently, not in a drag down battle with Jason) plus the various animations are fun to watch (provided the Jason player isn't just spamming "choke." ) "Red vision" is necessary because the maps are huge and you have 7-8 counselors to hunt in a 20 minute time frame. Jason would never be able to kill anyone if he had to search cabin to cabin with a fine toothed comb. It's already a grueling time wasting experience to escape and then watch a new Jason (who doesn't know how to use sense) wander about aimlessly for 8-10 minutes while Tommy hides in a closet. ?

I don't mind starting with the map though, I usually just run with Preparedness and then annoyingly find 2 maps in every freaking cabin. But without the perk suddenly they are the nowhere to be found. 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Pazuzu said:

I don't mind starting with the map though, I usually just run with Preparedness and then annoyingly find 2 maps in every freaking cabin. But without the perk suddenly they are the nowhere to be found. 

This also happens to me (seemingly) every time... both ways... with such consistency that it does not seem like random chance. So I generally keep preparedness on every counselor... its a great help in knowing where to take a part when you find one right out of the starting gate. This also helps to make it possible to escape in the car before Jason gets his first shift... if other players can forgo speed looting every cabin before they touch a part... which it self it extremely rare.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

It's Jason.....you know the most overpowered character?.....like you know...he is meant to be overpowered?

''But...But , he died in every movie , so he should die in every match too!''

-Citation of basically every counselor crybaby.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If we want to get technical about it... SPOILERS AHEAD! …
    He only really died in Part 4. In Part 2 he was merely stopped, and got away... in Part 3 they thought he was dead and took him to the morgue (always check for a pulse!)… But he was buried after Part 4 for years. Part 6 and 7 he was just held under the lake... as he was undead at this point, breathing would no longer be a requirement. The strangeness of the toxic waste ending in part 8 is mind boggling, but he was not "killed." Part9 he was dragged to hell while still struggling... and even Jason X the ending was a tad ambiguous. In Feddy vs Jason, he was "alive" (if you can call it that) and "well" at the end.
    Not to mention how a story is actually structured when it is not guaranteed you will be making a sequel... and non of these movies were ever guaranteed to have a sequel when they were made... just like almost every other movie ever made.

• Like 1

I guess to be fair you could say he was defeated at the end of every movie. But as to the OP, no. There's nothing over or underpowered on your list. The grab kill is your penalty for getting grabbed. Morph is perfectly fair. Sense has a very limited range until late game. The stun times are fine. I have watched video from closer to launch recently. Those stun times were ridiculous. 

23 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

LMAO I'm ded.

• Like 1

The intresting thing about this game is Jason is powerful enough to beat 7 to one odds most of the time. However people think that Jason shouldn't be able to be strong enough to overcome 7 to 1 and call that proper balance. Too much Call of Duty/Battlefield style mentality. If one player isn't strong enough as the killer in an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game to wipe out the field the game is broken. 

• Like 1