Sign in to follow this  
ExpertDual

How important MAX value epic perks are when rolling legendaries

So I rolled 100,000 cp to try and figure out how to roll legendary perks better. Here's the things I learned through some testing

You are practically guaranteed 1 legendary perk after 10K CP if all the perks you have equiped on your counselor are the perk's MAX value

My Perk setup was Preparedness, Thick Skin, Hypochondriac in that order. I would roll on Preparedness

Different Characters seem to have a pool of Legendary perks available to them. I used to only roll on Victoria but I repeatedly kept getting the same legendary perks. So I went to another counselor put on the exact same perks and rolled until I got a legendary. I rolled a completely new legendary hypochondriac however it did not have a MAX stat, it was 19vs20. After I replaced it I couldn't reroll another legendary perk with my same perk setup which rolled almost all of my other Legendary perks.

I thought maybe there would be something else like playtime on a perk or a limit on how much legendaries you can roll in a day. I rolled 2 legendaries before hand and 20K twice afterwards on the new replaced setup. I could no longer get a legendary perk from that setup, but when I switched to other MAX value perks I got another legendary. 

So I'm here to say try and be careful with what perks to keep and try to keep MAX value perks if you are hunting for a specific legendary perk. Once you get a good setup try to keep it and roll with the same perk setup on multiple characters.

i really don't think it matters at all. it's seriously all coincidence. 

i've rolled two legendary perks at level 133 and they've both been crappier than the epic versions i had. yeah, the upside was a few percentage points higher than the legendary ones, but the downside was almost always significantly worse.     

31 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i really don't think it matters at all. it's seriously all coincidence. 

I almost thought about recording it but it would take too long, after I get another 100,000 CP later on today I'll keep on rolling them with the method that seemed to work and if I get exactly what I'm looking for I'll make another post.

Unfortunately, the process is totally random.  This is my biggest complaint with the game...I wish perks could be earned and/or bought through good gameplay rather than randomly assigned.  The perk rolling process is torture, and when you almost never get anything worth having, it sucks all the fun out of leveling up.

• Like 4

I’ll roll for perks once in a while while I wait in a lobby but it isn’t something I’ll devote much time to when I could be better using that time to play the game. 

been playing since launch. i've rolled thick skin 3 or 4 times. the best one I've snagged was an uncommon... but i bet I've rolled the goddamn quiet swimmer one a hundred and fifty times... and i don't even feel like I'm exaggerating all that much... a few times I've rolled it two or three times in a row. the perk system is broken and almost not even worth the time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matisangry said:

been playing since launch. i've rolled thick skin 3 or 4 times. the best one I've snagged was an uncommon... but i bet I've rolled the goddamn quiet swimmer one a hundred and fifty times... and i don't even feel like I'm exaggerating all that much... a few times I've rolled it two or three times in a row. the perk system is broken and almost not even worth the time. 

The thorn in my side is that damn stupid "regain stamina faster when stood next to a radio" perk lol I must've rolled that 1000 times :D 

• Haha 3