Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

PS4 Upgraded Visuals

I've been playing on Xbox since launch, but now that the game was offered on PS4 for free, I figured I would start fresh and play with a new crowd. Unfortunately, no Savini Jason for me on PS4. :( Anyway, a of couple weeks into playing, I noted that the game has better visuals on PS4 than on Xbox. There is more fog throughout the camp, there are bugs flying around on porch and street lights, and the overall experience is much smoother. My question is this:

Why?

xbox sucks? ? nah, they have always gotten the short stick when it comes to this game though it seems..

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I've been playing on Xbox since launch, but now that the game was offered on PS4 for free, I figured I would start fresh and play with a new crowd. Unfortunately, no Savini Jason for me on PS4. :( Anyway, a of couple weeks into playing, I noted that the game has better visuals on PS4 than on Xbox. There is more fog throughout the camp, and there are bugs flying around on porch and street lights, and the overall experience is smoother. My question is this:

Why?

It’s the better system, lol, seriously I don’t have an answer other than performance optimization.

Everyone I know who had on ps4 then bought for pc couldnt believe how much better the graphics looked from there too. So guess it goes PC>ps4>xbox for best visuals..

They might of had to lower them a bit for Xbox. For whatever reason they had the biggest problems coding for Xbox. That'd be my guess at least. 

It's a bit odd, this shouldn't be a massive graphically demanding game for consoles. You have far better looking and bigger games on these systems (ps4 & xbox) that run well - look at unchartered 4, red dead 2, resident evil 7,battlefield 1 - 64 players in a beautiful destructive environment. In the end, I just don't think f13th is very well optimised.