Sign in to follow this  
Austinfisher21

Following/tailing you the whole game

All theses new players are ridiculous I swear every game someone follows me everywhere I go when I’m trying to be stealthy and they get in the way when trying to run from Jason is there anything I can do about it ?

2 hours ago, Austinfisher21 said:

All theses new players are ridiculous I swear every game someone follows me everywhere I go when I’m trying to be stealthy and they get in the way when trying to run from Jason is there anything I can do about it ?

Use your ? to tell them to leave you alone or emotes to let them know or the sure thing is to lead them to Jason and let him do the rest.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Use your ? to tell them to leave you alone or emotes to let them know or the sure thing is to lead them to Jason and let him do the rest.

I do use my mic and emotes and they still follow like I didn’t do anything and when I try to lead Jason to them Jason always targets me and ends up killing me.

Sounds like they may be teaming with Jason? Have seen an increase in that since the game went free on PlayStation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Sounds like they may be teaming with Jason? Have seen an increase in that since the game went free on PlayStation. 

Yes , i had to team kill some those guys never learn.

5 hours ago, Austinfisher21 said:

As much as it sucks, there's no rule to stop players from following you. Lose 'em in the woods or among the rocks. I do it all the time.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If Jason gets someone tailing me, it's only because I lost them first, and he happened to be nearby.

1 hour ago, Austinfisher21 said:

I do use my mic and emotes and they still follow like I didn’t do anything and when I try to lead Jason to them Jason always targets me and ends up killing me.

They are either teaming with Jason, or Jason takes you out first because the others are easier prey.

23 hours ago, Austinfisher21 said:

If they are watching your back, you would be a complete dumb ass not to want them with you. 

If they act like fools, you're kinda fucked and have to roll with it.

Never try and lure Jason to them, it makes you a target.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

If they are watching your back, you would be a complete dumb ass not to want them with you. 

If they act like fools, you're kinda fucked and have to roll with it.

Never try and lure Jason to them, it makes you a target.

I'm getting the impression that the follower isn't being useful to the followed.

I've lost a few people tailing me. I get back to business once I lose them.

I agree that using Jason to get rid of them can get you killed in the process as well.

Funny that this never happens to me...…..

Maybe the same reason nobody sits next to me in the bus……

They all have…..Smell tv's…….and they smell…..my Long hair…….which...doesn't even smell….yeah , that must be it.

Muahaha! How useful it can be.

No but seriously , it only happened once to me or I just never notice. Well , if emotes don't help or voice Chat doesn't work….Damn , Maybe just don't get near them? Lol.

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm getting the impression that the follower isn't being useful to the followed.

You never know..   When i first started playing this game i used to hate players being around me period.  Infact i was thinking the same thing the OP said.

Of course over time, i understood that a good player following me can free me from infinite amount of Jason grabs and attack Jason if he targets me.  Also can offer up heals and items.

But ya, if they are just being annoying and useless..   Then i don't want them around me..lol

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

But ya, if they are just being annoying and useless..   Then i don't want them around me..lol

This is one thing we can both agree on.

Last night I had three new counselors trailing me across the map in a line like goddamn ducklings. ?

• Haha 1

I consider a certain amount of shadowing to be trolling, especially if the person is basically sidling all the items. Looting one cabin together is fine, especially if two people spawned in the same place, Anymore is stupid, go somewhere else. If it’s early in the game, that’s when everyone should be speed looting and blasting through stamina anyway with Jason at his weakest. If you can’t fend for yourself for the first few minutes, that’s on you. Once Jason gets shift, that’s when players need to come together for safety. If someone is sidling me early, I have no issue with running ahead and setting a trap at a door. They better hope in that time they found a med spray and good luck.  

I had a Vanessa following my A.J. around the other night. She turned out to be a new player and was just learning the game. I asked her if she saw the battery when she searched a house while I barricaded and opened windows. She said no... but the battery was right beside her. It was at this moment that she learned what the battery was, and how you go about fixing the car as I installed it... Being I had put the gas in right before she showed up, and already found the keys... we took a ride around the camp and picked up two more counselors before escaping. She was very grateful for the ride.

Trolls following you around trying to give away your position are annoying for sure... but sometimes it is just someone new that has no idea what to do. And we were all noobs at one time.

• Like 1