ShiftySamurai

October Event Celebration!

With the events increasing in bonuses all month... I am still hoping for that increased chance for legendary perks to be announced for the last event of the month.... Just sayin'.

29 minutes ago, Ahab said:

With the events increasing in bonuses all month... I am still hoping for that increased chance for legendary perks to be announced for the last event of the month.... Just sayin'.

Please! oh please do! my perks suck! lol

19 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Please! oh please do! my perks suck! lol

I have pretty good perks... all are at least Epics... but I would like some legendaries that I would use on a regular basis beyond the one I do have that I use. I have a bunch that I don't use... but those don't really help if I don't use them... I keep them around, just in case I have an urge to use something different. But I have grown attached to certain perks and would like to have legendary versions. 

• Like 1

So what's in store for this week of celebration? Or did they already post it somewhere else?

1 hour ago, JED said:

So what's in store for this week of celebration? Or did they already post it somewhere else?

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Of course this comes after I just spent 140,000 cp last week.

DqOBhQmUcAAxyWD.jpg

• Thanks 1

@ThisGameIsBroken Damn! That figures... I hope you still have a half decent amount to try and spend on this. Thanks for posting, it is not up top of the thread yet... either way, I will spend the week earning some more CP, then watch a movie or two while rolling for perks on the last day or two, making sure I drain my account of CP... at least until I get the ones I really wanted.

@ThisGameIsBroken I have to ask... where did you find this?

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Ahab, it’s posted on their twitter page. 

Thanks... I am not on twitter... and they forgot to post here again. But I was in game earlier and it is at 230% XP... and I found a Tommy tape over four or five games... haven't rolled any perks yet though... I will grind out some more CP first.

The Exp bonus will be nice to work towards getting the heavy bloody skins for the Jasons.

I'm at 129, so I should make use of it while I can since I'm so close.

My method for exp grinding is:

Part 3 with one handed weapon (grip strength+, one handed breaks doors faster)

Packanak small

Easy AI.

When the round starts, ignore theknives in the shack and Morph to the lodge where the car icon normally is. There is usually an AI just standing there and not active yet. Grab them and curbstomp them against the wall. Sometimes a second AI jumps out the window just over the counselor you curbstomped. Grab them and carry them to the wall and bash their head against it (you can re-use this spot). Next, go inside the door where you grabbed the first AI and, if you're lucky, there is an AI standing where the other door is and isn't moving. OPEN the door (don't break it) and they will run into you. Grab and throw through a window.

Next, you need someone to step into a trap and you need to kill the power somewhere. But trap first. Going from the main lodge, there is the small building to the right with only one door. Keep going east and there is a small cabin with one door. Next to that is a bigger cabin. Go to the bigger cabin and break the door nearest the smaller cabin (the West most door). Place a trap in the doorway and break the window.

The next thing you should do is check across the road (North) and see if there is either a camp fire or a cabin. if there is a cabin, trap the window as it's the only way in or out when the door is locked.

Finally, Morph to the northeastern part of the map where the cabins end and smash the nearest powerbox. Start smashing doors and  grabbing anyone you can. if tommy spawned, there is a high chance he spawned at the camp at the northeastern most part of the map and is AI locked to the spot and when he spots you, will run in place. Smack him to get him limping, grab him to have him use his knife, then follow him until he's close to a window and toss him, or us the stump near his spawn (Grip Strength +, remember?)

Keep killing people with the environment, someone will land on your trap, boom, easy 1300 baseline Exp.

1300 x 2.3 = 2,990 exp. That is roughly 3 rounds to get a rank up for any of you still grinding.

Getting a legendary perk once about every 10,000cp spent. How is everyone else faring? So far the only decent ones i got are hypochondriac and my dads a cop.

19 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Have used over 100,000 cp, still haven’t rolled a legendary perk. 

Damn, i must have been having some good luck and should have kept on rolling last night. I got 5 of them and only spent 50,000 cp

@badassgixxer05, when it comes to luck, mine is only bad, lol. I haven’t rolled a single Legendary perk since they started. Decided to try again since they increased the chance, but haven’t gotten one yet. 

Also was hoping to get the last 6 Tommy tapes I needed with the increased tape drop. My son and I have played well over 30 private matches, haven’t found a single tape. Lucked up and found a Tommy tape in qp last night, first tape I’ve seen in months. 

41 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@badassgixxer05, when it comes to luck, mine is only bad, lol. I haven’t rolled a single Legendary perk since they started. Decided to try again since they increased the chance, but haven’t gotten one yet. 

Also was hoping to get the last 6 Tommy tapes I needed with the increased tape drop. My son and I have played well over 30 private matches, haven’t found a single tape. Lucked up and found a Tommy tape in qp last night, first tape I’ve seen in months. 

those damn tommys sure are tricky to find. havnt seen one in months myself

@Dragonfire82877 @badassgixxer05 I have now found three Tommy tapes since the event started... my luck is normally not good either. The games I found these in turned out to be piñata Jason parties... no one seemed to be looting cabins, just grabbing weapons to beat on Jason. While they were at it, I managed to search almost every cabin on the map, pretty much all unlooted… but before I could finish searching every cabin, the Jason player had slashed everyone down and now that they were in rage, I was not hard to find. But I had at least two pocket knives by the time I was hunted down at least.

Dragonfire… with the randomness and rarity, even with the increased chance... your best chance is to set aside some time and just continue rolling perks until you get a legendary. This can take quite a bit of time and CP... I just watch a movie when rolling perks and keep on rolling. During the event, I am just grinding out some CP... I will do some perk rolling a day or two before the event ends... while watching a movie... or listening to tunes. I have 14+ legendary perks at this point (only one I use on a regular basis)... which took close to a million CP to achieve, and went through several movies while doing it (not all at once though). I have also received quite a few doubles of what I already had and kept the best ones... and some of the useless perks, I found that Aquanaut was the most common legendary that I rolled (sold it every time).

Damn! 1mil!? My eyes were burning with exhaustion after only burning through 50k cp.. lol I rolled 5 legendaries though, so it was a good run. Hoping to find some more useful ones though. At least i finally got rid of all my rare perks and only have epic and legendary currently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Damn! 1mil!? My eyes were burning with exhaustion after only burning through 50k cp.. lol I rolled 5 legendaries though, so it was a good run. Hoping to find some more useful ones though. At least i finally got rid of all my rare perks and only have epic and legendary currently.

I didn't roll all of it at once... or even on the same day. But when I did, I was just sitting in front of my computer rolling perks with tunes on or watching a movie on the TV beside my monitor while I rolled perks. Over all I don't think I did much more than 50 or 60 000 CP at a shot... broken up with a few smoke breaks.... and beer. It did get rather monotonous… so I had to keep my self amused somehow. I also went through quite a few movies while rolling.
   I did get lucky early on with getting many good epic perks... so I had a lot of CP when they announced legendary perks were coming... I didn't spend any more until they were released, by then... I had close to 1 000 000 dollars!... I mean CP. Got it down to 150 000 or so before I gave up and saved for the day when an event would come in which they were made somewhat less rare... now its here... but now they have also recently said there will be adjustments to the perks and perhaps the system in which we roll for perks. I will still try for more legendaries before the event is over.

Is this only on pc?  I don't seem to being getting any xp boost, higher perks, or tape drops.  I do randomly every few match get a drop of 600cp for no reason compared to the little bits of cp I normally get from matches.

I'm playing on ps4

@lostshadowz, it’s on all platforms. You should see your XP multiplied at the end of each match. The increased tape drop has been basically non existent for me, so I don’t think there’s anyway you can physically see that it’s going on. 

@Ahab, I did set aside some time to roll perks again a few nights ago, rolled back to back legendary perks! I’ll try again before the event ends. 

@Dragonfire82877 I see the x1.5-2.5 multiplier but it's been at the same number it normally is depending on how well I did that round.  

i'm only level 21 though so maybe I just don't see it that low or somthing.

@Dragonfire82877 I spent 20 000CP or so a day or two ago.... I got no legendary perks with it... just shit luck perhaps. But I will try again later tonight before the event ends.
   I did find a couple Tommy Tapes early into this event, but have not found any more since. Will also try again before event is over... if I have the time after rolling for legendary perks.

It feels good not rolling for counselor perks. 

I did grinding and got my PS4 profile to 142, so now I have most of the bloody skins, just barring Part 4, Part 5, and Part 9, all of which I don't use anyway.