Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

So.........will there be anymore patches for the game?

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Because Jason is still a bit too weak. And many bugs still exist. 

I asked this a little while back and Shifty said there will be more bug fixes and possible game balance patch coming up. We shall see. Lets go Black Tower! 😀

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Last we heard, they’re still working on fixes and balance.

Thats good news. Because dispite being dissapointed at the lack of communication about the legal status of the game I am quite happy with it. I have a fondness of it one might have for a three legged one eyed shelter dog. You know there are some fundamental pieces missing but you love it all the same. 

• Like 4

Wonder if they will take advantage of the October special xp month and get a new patch out. The legal case ruling has stirred up a bit of excitement around the game and I have seen some people pick the game back up again(played with @AldermachXI the other night a few times). New content may not be coming, but lets get the game right and fix remaining bugs and find a balance. Cant wait!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Wonder if they will take advantage of the October special xp month and get a new patch out.@AldermachXI

Huh..There's double xp going on right now? 

Never mind...just saw the news hehe.

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Thats good news. Because dispite being dissapointed at the lack of communication about the legal status of the game I am quite happy with it. I have a fondness of it one might have for a three legged one eyed shelter dog. You know there are some fundamental pieces missing but you love it all the same. 

My sentiments exactly...great game that needs more love.

• Like 1

If they aren't planning anymore patches announcing they were switching to Black Tower Studios would be an odd move. Granted that doesn't guarantee bug patches, but it would seem likely. 

11 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Many, many Bugs......

offline and multiplayer....

sound issues/ lighting issues/ game play issues...etc....

and a Known issues post of what is currently being prioritized / worked on or will be worked on would go a very long way.... so that we could add to the list or make known what we think should be prioritized.

@ShiftySamurai

Yup, there will be updates. We’re definitely feeling the “Jason feels weak” sentiment from everyone, and we’re looking at ways to address that. Some of what we’re looking at has been mentioned by the community, some of is hasn’t been. We aren’t ready to talk about the specifics of possible balance changes just yet, but the team at Black Tower is currently working on bug fixes as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yup, there will be updates. We’re definitely feeling the “Jason feels weak” sentiment from everyone, and we’re looking at ways to address that. Some of what we’re looking at has been mentioned by the community, some of is hasn’t been. We aren’t ready to talk about the specifics of possible balance changes just yet, but the team at Black Tower is currently working on bug fixes as well. 

Simply remove the RNG determining  Tommy house spawn and make it a fixed location per map variant. It does not even need to be shown on the map / no new content added, just remove all chance spawns. That single change will have the biggest impact on balance at high level (where it is most needed).

Once again it does not need to be shown on the map as the fixed locations can simply be memorised. This provides options depending on the match / caliber of players you’re up against, whether to make Tommy box a priority to protect. It is the one objective that requires immediate protection / trapping  as the call can be made instantly by any player nearby upon first spawn (does not require finding any item to interact).

There is currently no way to 100% catch it on first Morph unless it appears in the intro, which is simply a matter of luck. But that can have major consequences on Jason / huge disadvantage against coordinated kill squad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’re definitely feeling the “Jason feels weak” sentiment from everyone, and we’re looking at ways to address that.

This statement alone should put a lot of the bellyaching on the forums to rest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Thank you for the clarity.

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Speaking of balance, it doesn't make sense that Vanessa and Deborah don't react when the lights go out, but Jenny does. A complete contradiction to her 10 composure. This has been in the game for months, when will it be fixed?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I wouldn't mind more throwing knives on all the maps(knife happy jason speaking), invincibility frames on wake up after being stunned, interaction lock actually being fixed from the game(biggest issue for me), and whatever else needs fixing

15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

This statement alone should put a lot of the bellyaching on the forums to rest.

I think it'd be more fair to say people expressing their concerns. 

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think it'd be more fair to say people expressing their concerns. 

Expressing concerns is one thing. Bellyaching over every little thing is another. Consider the same logic with how one pronounces the word potato.

Hopefully the "boat engine notification: for Jason gets patched out. Bad, bad decision there.

That and the "interaction lock". I've had waaaaaaaay too many people on the Discord complaining about it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

@ShiftySamurai That’s great news! I’m glad to hear that! Yeah....Jason needs tweaked a little bit...he should be feared!! Have a good day sir! 🤘🤘

tumblr_nztgd7tVyt1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

On 10/10/2018 at 4:50 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Because Jason is still a bit too weak.

You're not wrong.

On 10/11/2018 at 3:06 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Jason is indeed very weak. Just to give a few examples of how you could make it fun to play Jason again. 1. Increase his health or reduce damage from counselor weapons by a lot. It only takes 2 heavy blows with a machete from a strength 7 or higher character to remove his mask. This makes it too easy to kill him. 2. Jason's fighting ability is too sluggish and needs to be quicker. His attack speed needs to be increased, you can't hit a counselor consecutively before they hit him back and stun him because Jason's slashing speed is too slow. Also make it so that Jason can block with just 1 button instead of having to enter combat stance first. 3. Invincibility frames after stun animation. Having counselors gang up around him when he is stunned just waiting for him to start moving again so they can damage him is just horseshit. 4. Fixed location for radio tower on all maps. 5. Lastly for the love of ass, revert the grab animation to the way it was before. Right now it's just an invitation to use him as a punching bag. One last thing that is not really a buff but Jason should have a jog button like counselors have so the one playing him don't have to keep it pressed all the time.

On 10/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

I just hope Stalk gets a huge buff. Should last twice as long when walking. Currently it’s difficult to set Jason up for the right moment.

Give Jason a few more hit points, and put the Tommy tower on the map, or have the area where the Tommy tower is already be without power, to limit the chances of Tommy being called within the first few seconds of a match.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 8:12 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Wonder if they will take advantage of the October special xp month and get a new patch out. The legal case ruling has stirred up a bit of excitement around the game and I have seen some people pick the game back up again(played with @AldermachXI the other night a few times). New content may not be coming, but lets get the game right and fix remaining bugs and find a balance. Cant wait!

I think Aldermach is banned sir (no idea why), so they won’t get your tags (I don’t think)