Sign in to follow this  
Technollogee

Surprisingly Funky

On 10/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, Technollogee said:

Hey, I was bored and looked through all Friday the 13th Themes, but stopped at this one. It's surprisingly funky, and I like it.

It was known as the "Disco theme". Waxwork records did a release of it but its been sold out for almost 2 years. Sucks because I have 2, 4 and 5 from them. Would love to get my hands on part 3. 

• Like 1

It took me a long time to appreciate this theme. Part of my problem was that in the 90s, I bought a CD compilation of horror themes, expecting a more traditional selection from the atmospheric Manfredini score to play alongside other tracks that included films like The Exorcist, The Shining, The Omen, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. Instead I got a "disco break" in between chilling, moody tracks. Keep in mind, this was before you could just go online and look up a review of an album before ever bothering to even listen to it, and WAY before unlimited listening subscription services. I had to go through the motions of getting excited to see such a CD, agreeing to pay the price that was listed at the record store, taking it to the counter, paying in cash, waiting until I got to my car, fighting the CD packaging to get the freaking thing open, and then playing it track by track in my car's CD player. Simply by opening the packaging, I had already voided any chance to return it if I didn't like it. So, naturally, I had a chip on my shoulder about the Part 3 theme for a while. In its own context, though, I do find it enjoyable...now.

Also, and I recognize this can't be overstated, I'm old.

• Haha 2