Sign in to follow this  
gtdjlocker311

So...announcements just won't be made here anymore?

My friend shared some sort of social media post put out by Gun indicating bonus XP for this week.  

So @ShiftySamurai, should we not expect to see announcements from you on this forum?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope not. The official game Twitter account blocked me for talking shit to Shifty when they weren't even tagged lmao, so if news isn't posted here I guess I'm SOL. 🤷🏼‍♂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

My friend shared some sort of social media post put out by Gun indicating bonus XP for this week.  

So @ShiftySamurai, should we not expect to see announcements from you on this forum?

I’d like to know as well, if it wouldn’t be to much trouble. 

1 hour ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Seriously? Announcements like what?

Announcements like "wait , wait and wait some more"

We like to be reminded , thank you ^^

Holy crap, I didn’t push it live here. I would blame the beginning of the month being a bit crazy, but honestly it’s just my screw up. 

Thanks for calling that out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Holy crap, I didn’t push it live here. I would blame the beginning of the month being a bit crazy, but honestly it’s just my screw up. 

Thanks for calling that out!

No problem.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't intentional.  You know some of us are on edge about not getting information...especially those of us who are too old and grumpy to mess with social media!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i will never understand why news doesn't originate HERE and get dispersed from there.

sounds like that was the plan, but it never got pushed. Shit happens. Enjoy playing the game with extra xp!

17 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i will never understand why news doesn't originate HERE and get dispersed from there.

They likely prep news for dispersal through the various outlets they use and just forgot the forums this time. Their Facebook and Twitter will have far more people following then the forum has active members. 

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Their Facebook and Twitter will have far more people following then the forum has active members. 

obviously, but their own website seems like the appropriate place to roll out information, no? also, the forum seems to get overlooked the majority of the time... or the news is brought here from other members. 

I'm not one of those members that spend their time bashing every move gun makes but i think this stuff just causes needless irritation among the most, er, rabid sect of their fanbase? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matisangry said:

obviously, but their own website seems like the appropriate place to roll out information, no? also, the forum seems to get overlooked the majority of the time... or the news is brought here from other members. 

I'm not one of those members that spend their time bashing every move gun makes but i think this stuff just causes needless irritation among the most, er, rabid sect of their fanbase? 

I don't disagree. Just pointing out why the forums get a lower priority. 

9 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I don't disagree. Just pointing out why the forums get a lower priority. 

yeah. they're obviously going after the numbers, which makes sense, but they're also doing so to the detriment of their base. nothing i get my undies in a bunch over, but it does make me shake my head every time i see someone bitching about it on here. seems easily avoidable. 

34 minutes ago, matisangry said:

yeah. they're obviously going after the numbers, which makes sense, but they're also doing so to the detriment of their base. nothing i get my undies in a bunch over, but it does make me shake my head every time i see someone bitching about it on here. seems easily avoidable. 

On the plus side, at least people are considerate enough to keep people here in the loop. Not everyone deals with social media.

• Like 1