Dredge

Fps drop ONLY when fireworks are thrown

I just recently put together a gaming PC. It's pretty beefy and the game runs great. However when fireworks are thrown in a match, I get a brief 1-2 second fps drop. It's very noticable. And I'm sure you know that 1-2 seconds of interruption to your gameplay can be detrimental. 

I'm just curious if anyone else is seeing this issue and or has any thoughts on how I might go about fixing it. The pc specs are:

Asus z170 Mobo

Skylake 4ghz CPU

8gb ddr4 2400mhz ram (will be upgrading to 16gb in a day or two to see if that helps)

Dual Radeon Rx 580 nitro+ graphics cards, 4gb each setup to use crossfire where supported

500gb SSD hard drive

If you have any ideas plz let me know...I haven't come across any info on this specific issue just yet. Thanks!!

@Dredge If your specs are well above recommended... then what about your monitor. Framerate can also be limited by your monitor's refresh rate. 60hz = 60 frames per second max.
    The game could still be optimized better as well... which we still hope happens at some point in the future. Are you absolutely sure this ONLY happens when you drop firecrackers? My framerate goes up and down constantly (on PC), but I could not pin it on any one thing, like firecrackers.

Best advice, turn off your frame rate counter... chances are, you will not even notice a drop in framerate unless it is severe. Unless your eyes are super sensitive to the point of "super vision"... there is no way for you to count frames per second while watching or playing a game, (let alone count that high in one second)... without the computer doing it for you.
    Drops in framerate can and do happen in any game, yet a drop in framerate does not interrupt your gameplay, only how smooth the picture looks. Interruptions that can screw over your gameplay are generally lag... and lag does happen in this and every other multiplayer game as well, which can be caused by a great many things, not all of which are on your end.

Ahab,

Thanks for the reply. I don't current have the frame rate counter on. I'm basing it solely on the 1-2 second stutter that occurs whether I'm a counselor or Jason the moment fireworks are thrown and I'm anywhere in the area. I guess to that end, I don't have *proof* it's a frame rate drop but I'm 99% sure that's what it is due to the flash burst from the fireworks when they first pop open. It's not just a small drop that wouldn't be noticed without a counter. The screen actually noticably stutters but again only when the fireworks are thrown.

The monitor is indeed 60hz. I could try bumping it to 75hz which I believe is the max though when I did it before it changed my aspect ratio. I'll have to dig into those settings more and see if it has any affect. I've already ordered the additonal RAM so between that and revisiting the graphics settings hopefully I can get it resolved. It's quite annoying. Thanks again and if anything else happens to come to mind regarding this, I'm all ears!

@Dredge,  Hi I know this is an old thread but did you get an resolution for this?  I am suffering the same problem.

11 hours ago, Sunhawk said:

@Dredge,  Hi I know this is an old thread but did you get an resolution for this?  I am suffering the same problem.

I recently upgraded to a GTX 1070 Amp Extreme 8GB graphics card and while it did improve the issue, there still is a slight delay at times with the fireworks. I ended dropping the Effects setting from Epic down to Medium and it helped. Hope it helps you as well!