Sign in to follow this  
Armani?

How long does it take for Mitch to get scared?

It takes 3:21 minutes to get to black (hysterical) screen of Jason being on Jenny.

Just wondering if it's been tested how long it takes for Mitch, who has a 9 composure.

12 hours ago, Armani? said:

It takes 3:21 minutes to get to black (hysterical) screen of Jason being on Jenny.

Just wondering if it's been tested how long it takes for Mitch, who has a 9 composure.

I play Mitch quite a bit, but never took the time to see just how long it takes for him to get to max fear. I use the no fear build on him, and rarely fall into max fear at all.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I play Mitch quite a bit, but never took the time to see just how long it takes for him to get to max fear. I use the no fear build on him, and rarely fall into max fear at all.

Me too, I use no fear on all my counselors. With that build, Mitch can hang around Jason the whole match if he never gets injured. When he takes hits, and doesn't hit back his fear will slightly darken the screen but he keeps a clear mini map. When limping the screen goes darker, but still not too bad and he can still see his mini map. It's been a while, but If I recall correctly his fear will darken the screen in a few minutes without no fear build on around Jason. He loses mini map on limp.

20 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Me too, I use no fear on all my counselors. With that build, Mitch can hang around Jason the whole match if he never gets injured. When he takes hits, and doesn't hit back his fear will slightly darken the screen but he keeps a clear mini map. When limping the screen goes darker, but still not too bad and he can still see his mini map. It's been a while, but If I recall correctly his fear will darken the screen in a few minutes without no fear build on around Jason. He loses mini map on limp.

I am pretty sure the mini map is lost at a certain level of fear. I have kept the mini map on every counselor while limping and not using nerves of steel... yet lost it when the fear level grew high enough to darken a large portion of the perimeter of the screen. I have also lost the mini map before going into a limping state and got it back while still in a limping state.
   I find that lower composure counselors still go into fear pretty fast even with that build. But you have to admit, nerves of steel comes in handy if you decide to hang around with Jason... or he decides to hang around you... no matter which counselor you are playing. The mini map can be a cherry flavored life saver in many situations. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am pretty sure the mini map is lost at a certain level of fear. I have kept the mini map on every counselor while limping and not using nerves of steel... yet lost it when the fear level grew high enough to darken a large portion of the perimeter of the screen. I have also lost the mini map before going into a limping state and got it back while still in a limping state.
   I find that lower composure counselors still go into fear pretty fast even with that build. But you have to admit, nerves of steel comes in handy if you decide to hang around with Jason... or he decides to hang around you... no matter which counselor you are playing. The mini map can be a cherry flavored life saver in many situations. 

Yeah, no fear Mitch never loses his mini map. Screen gets dark, but you can still see your mini and see well enough to have a shot at escaping. Even when limping. But without the no fear build I know he loses the map after limping if he was in combat with Jason. Otherwise, he probably keeps it. It's been close to a year since I ran anything other than a no fear build, so I'm not really certain about Vanilla Mitch. (Well, no perks Mitch)

19 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Yeah, no fear Mitch never loses his mini map. Screen gets dark, but you can still see your mini and see well enough to have a shot at escaping. Even when limping. But without the no fear build I know he loses the map after limping if he was in combat with Jason. Otherwise, he probably keeps it. It's been close to a year since I ran anything other than a no fear build, so I'm not really certain about Vanilla Mitch. (Well, no perks Mitch)

Nerves of steel is still the only legendary perk I have that I actually use... but it is useful on everyone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Nerves of steel is still the only legendary perk I have that I actually use... but it is useful on everyone.

Lucky bastard, I still haven’t gotten a single one, and NOS would be awesome if I could only run one legendary.

23 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Lucky! I have an epic +10% -3% sprint speed... Even still, it's on everyone. With my epic Preparedness I have +20% overall to fear Resistance, with only that -3% to sprint. I run those with swift attacker on everyone.

I started rolling for a bit last night. My perks are pretty terrible. The ones i use are only rare... lol hoping a perk chance boost is comming so i can snag some good ones. I have one legendary and it was for a worthless one, i cant even remember which..

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Lucky! I have an epic +10% -3% sprint speed... Even still, it's on everyone. With my epic Preparedness I have +20% overall to fear Resistance, with only that -3% to sprint. I run those with swift attacker on everyone.

I had to take a look at what my no fear perks are now.... Epic Preparedness: +9% fear resistance & no penalty to sprint speed... Legendary Nerves of Steel : 10% fear resistance & -1% to sprint speed & 4% fear from dead body decreased... and just to really screw over the fear mechanic I also use Epic Lone Wolf: 10% fear resistance & -1% melee attack strength decreased. It takes forever and a day for Jenny to fall into max fear running all three... I can't even remember the last time I went into max fear with Jenny or Mitch running these (I play Mitch more often than any of the others), but I do tend to try and stay away from Jason as much as possible, which helps keep fear down. I don't see a need for swift attacker... I get used to the attack speed, then it screws me over with miss timed swings if I switch to a counselor I am not running it on... or decide to use something different.

@Slasher_Clone I don't know how lucky I really am... When this whole legendary perk thing was announced, I simply stopped spending CP and saved it until they were released, which wasn't hard to do as I already had all epic perks. By the time they were released I had almost 1 000 000 CP and spent 750 000 CP over the course of several days while watching movies and rolling perks... cannot even remember how many movies I watched to get through that much CP... but it took a while. If memory serves, I was getting one legendary every 10 000 - 15 000 CP... but a few times I spent almost 20 000 CP before getting one.
    Currently I have 14 Legendary perks. Among them are evasion, grinder, slugger, hypochondriac, medic, night owl, potent ranger, swift attacker and teamwork... I also have the sense avoidance perks and the one which allows you to start with a bat... I might be missing one or two here. But I know the overall number is 14.
    I have rolled many others... receiving Aquanaut more often than any other perk. You get one thousand CP back if you sell a legendary, and I have gotten quite a few that had bonuses that were barely above my epics, but had much worse penalties... so I sold them anyway.

As @badassgixxer05 said above... I too was hoping for an event that includes increased chance for legendary perks and saved some CP for it. With the announced events beyond the current one having no details given, perhaps we will get one before the end of October's month long event spree.

19 hours ago, Ahab said:

I had to take a look at what my no fear perks are now.... Epic Preparedness: +9% fear resistance & no penalty to sprint speed... Legendary Nerves of Steel : 10% fear resistance & -1% to sprint speed & 4% fear from dead body decreased... and just to really screw over the fear mechanic I also use Epic Lone Wolf: 10% fear resistance & -1% melee attack strength decreased. It takes forever and a day for Jenny to fall into max fear running all three... I can't even remember the last time I went into max fear with Jenny or Mitch running these (I play Mitch more often than any of the others), but I do tend to try and stay away from Jason as much as possible, which helps keep fear down. I don't see a need for swift attacker... I get used to the attack speed, then it screws me over with miss timed swings if I switch to a counselor I am not running it on... or decide to use something different.

I run Mitch mainly, but I'll run Jenny if there are alot of fixers. Or if the lobby has fixers, but not many females. Those two are my favorites, I also run AJ as well. I put lone wolf on too, but I always end up running into other players. Or, they run into me. So I switched out lone wolf for night owl, Jenny is just gone! Many Jason's got frustrated by not being able to sense me, even after they just were fighting me. She's the only one that works for though, except Tommy of course. And, I run swift attacker because it helps hit on a counterattack. At least it helps me, I do good without it as well. But, in combat with Jason if he hits me I can hit back before he can block.

• Like 1

There are too many variables when considering how long it takes to reach max fear. Does Mitch have perks on? Is he carrying a weapon? Is he near light sources and have the flashlight on? Is he hanging around counselors or by himself in the woods. What's the proximity between him and Jason? Too many factors to consider and then some.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:43 PM, Ahab said:

Currently I have 14 Legendary perks. Among them are evasion, grinder, slugger, hypochondriac, medic, night owl, potent ranger, swift attacker and teamwork... I also have the sense avoidance perks and the one which allows you to start with a bat... I might be missing one or two here. But I know the overall number is 14.
    I have rolled many others... receiving Aquanaut more often than any other perk. You get one thousand CP back if you sell a legendary, and I have gotten quite a few that had bonuses that were barely above my epics, but had much worse penalties... so I sold them anyway.

Nah that's not too lucky if you rolled alot of the same perks as me. I have 14 on the dot too but I keep getting Legendary Perks I already own. You do get em every 10Kish and sometimes if you sell em immediately you get another one. Well that's what I often find. I'm not sure if I should roll on different counselors or different perk load outs to change my odds to get what I want. I must've rerolled a legendary firecracker perk eight or more times lol, everytime worse than the first time.

1 hour ago, Loading said:

There are too many variables when considering how long it takes to reach max fear. Does Mitch have perks on? Is he carrying a weapon? Is he near light sources and have the flashlight on? Is he hanging around counselors or by himself in the woods. What's the proximity between him and Jason? Too many factors to consider and then some.

The 3:21 for Jenny, was determined by standing next to Jason outside, I would assume as soon as the match started. No grabs or slashes. 

On 10/10/2018 at 2:16 PM, Redrum138 said:

Is fear management noticeably better on AJ/Adam with 20+% fear resistance.

I personally think AJ fear management is trash with the way composure mechanics works and it being a 7. 

2 hours ago, Armani? said:

Is fear management noticeably better on AJ/Adam with 20+% fear resistance.

I personally think AJ fear management is trash with the way composure mechanics works and it being a 7. 

I run no fear on all, even Chad benefits from Nerves of steel. His stamina regeneration stays decent. But, his low composure still darkens the screen. For AJ's 7 she benefits from a "No fear" build in many ways. In sense range, AJ has good stamina regeneration, and her screen stays clear. She will not appear on senses very often when undamaged, and if Jason does get close she can fight and keep a clear head. After an encounter with Jason, if damaged AJ will appear more often. Jenny is the only one besides Tommy who can consistently beat senses when damaged. Fear is what makes a counselor light up on Jason's senses, so Tommy, Jenny, Mitch are the ones who most benefit from it. But AJ, Adam, Fox, and Eric can benefit as well. Hell, That build on Vanessa is killer! When I get her in random, she's fun!