Sign in to follow this  
David_Flores

Best Halloween Movies

That list is really odd. I can't tell if it's a top twenty or if they really think that The Nun is better than Halloween.

Trick or Treat 

Halloween 1/2

IT (1990 or 2017) 

Scream 1/2 

Don't be afraid of the dark

The autopsy of Jane Doe 

The Rite

Childs play 1/2

Friday the 13th 2/3/4/5/6/7

Annabelle creation (unneeded trauma)

Lights out

The taking of Deborah Logan

The boy (cool ghost that steal girl's clothes to see her naked^^)

John Carpenter's Halloween, John Carpenter's The Thing, the original Alien, the original Evil Dead, the first six Friday the 13ths, the original Nightmare on Elm Street, Saw 1, New Nightmare, The Shining, original Psycho, original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and the first Scream. You're welcome

• Like 1

I think there's a big difference between a good film for Halloween, and just a good scary movie.

For example, Alien, Saw and Texas Chainsaw have both been mentioned; amazing scary movies but they don't invoke a Halloween atmosphere.

The best Halloween movies capture the feeling of 31st Oct ... so as well as scares there's pumpkins, leaf covered sets, trees, a woodland campfire, rainy/dull weather, trick or treaters, a creepy atmosphere, traditional scare villains like Dracula or ghosts, etc.   For me a good evening of Halloween films would include the likes of Halloween, Trick o' Treat, Tales of Halloween, Friday the 13th, Dracula (1958), The Haunting ...